shredder

So, what are your favourite adjustable condenser settings guys? Fully closed, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4? I'd say I'm about 7/8 closed.....

When used as a vong, I keep my omni vong carb closed. When it used without water, well it depends. I go from 90% closed to wide open. Sometimes because of the herb type, dryness, and sometimes just by whim.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Not everyone has the ultra non-plus OMNI...

T5pHk3r.jpg

DirtyD

So, what are your favourite adjustable condenser settings guys? Fully closed, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4? I'd say I'm about 7/8 closed.....
My Blackwood nona stem is carbless, a la a favor from team dv.:tup:;) omni xl w uni Blackwood double crown stays closed , but still lets in just a tiny bit of outside air flow. I like to mix up my carbless nona for water, the omni for dry, as well as my carbless @stardustsailor stems, = a nice mix for DirtyD. Cheers!:D D

mucsusn

60 going on 20
There are other ways than the Omni to limit air flow.
You can limit the air flow with the M by inserting the condenser deeper, right up to the tip. Not sure which forum member was doing that first but he likened it to his Omni in hands free performance..
All of my M's carry varying degrees of this hack........works great! Just keep your x-rings lubed, and use the digger-outer on the cap to gently press it in. Best done while freshly cleaned and a little beeswax ready to aid.

Boden

Aspie polymath
Hiya, is 7/8 closed just before the condenser detatches completely from the mouthpiece?
And does anyone use it 100% closed i.e. condenser detached?
Most of the time I keep the vent completely closed and only roll the hole open slightly at the end of a toot to clear the condenser tube.

Boden,
Reactions: Ricardo

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Does anyone fill a full chamber and use it a few times through the day, or do you only pack what you’ll use that session? I’ve tried both, but feel it’s easier when out to milk a full chamber rather than repack it a few times. Of course this only applies if you don’t have a stash.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Does anyone fill a full chamber and use it a few times through the day, or do you only pack what you’ll use that session? I’ve tried both, but feel it’s easier when out to milk a full chamber rather than repack it a few times. Of course this only applies if you don’t have a stash.
I’ve been loading full chambers and using it through out the day. It works best with good quality bud or else the load is toasted after one hit anyways.

Ricardo

Hiya, is 7/8 closed just before the condenser detatches completely from the mouthpiece?
Yup :tup:
And does anyone use it 100% closed i.e. condenser detached?
Not me, because I imagine precious vapor would be lost between the condenser and the body, also it could leave residue in hard to clean places.
Does anyone fill a full chamber and use it a few times through the day, or do you only pack what you’ll use that session?
Fresh load for me every time, but I only vape bud and I have the adjust-a-bowl set to minimum. Maybe if I was hitting on concentrates of some kind I'd load it and sip on it as required.
Not everyone has the ultra non-plus OMNI...
Not yet..... :brow:

shredder

For people using J-hooks, can you just lung-pull or is it too tight?

My XL omni vong doesn't work in my j hook. It bottoms out before it makes a seal. Maybe a vong without a mouthpiece would work, or a fat mouthpiece in a 14 mm fitting. But I can tell you my vong doesn't work everywhere. Mine also hits the stopper on a 14 mm glass carborator from tag ( thick ass glass). Again because it drops down too far.

But lung pulls would work fine

Maczilla

hi I have a question regarding the m model, I havent seen it discussed much; is a burnt popcorny metallic taste assumed with this device? I bought one, I cleaned it with iso twice and rinsed it 3 times, heat cycled it about 5 times with nothing loaded. the burnt taste is coming from the chamber. I never had a metallic device before so im a bit new to this. all the video reviews of this product have never mentioned such a thing.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
J hooks and water pieces increase your draw strength me thinks. Lung pull, mouth pull, just gets it in you easier.
@beyond6strings and everyone, I highly recommend a j hook as they go perfect with a great number of vapes. If I can put it on my FC 188, I can get it on a J-hook.
My TAG J-hook sporting wood. :luv:

3BWCyfo.jpg

@shredder must have a shallower j part that curves too soon. Mine has good clearance with this @phattpiggie piece as well with my Omnivong. :shrug:

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
J hooks and water pieces increase your draw strength me thinks. Lung pull, mouth pull, just gets it in you easier.
@beyond6strings and everyone, I highly recommend a j hook as they go perfect with a great number of vapes. If I can put it on my FC 188, I can get it on a J-hook.
My TAG J-hook sporting wood. :luv:

3BWCyfo.jpg

That's how I'm imagining my cocobolo vong body on order from Dynavap will look. Cool. Thanks.

almost there

Lung pulls always for me and I’ve been a ciagarette smoker for almost 30 years. If I can do it anyone can

I was about to get one but I'm really not a fan of the mini toilet plunger at the end. Do they make any J-hooks with a normal tapered end?
Grasscity has the black leaf models that aren’t trumpeted or u can pick up a grav j hook in most sites. The cheaper option is the $7 dhgate offerings

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I was about to get one but I'm really not a fan of the mini toilet plunger at the end. Do they make any J-hooks with a normal tapered end?
I was not either.
Unfortunately, this is their current model. Their previous model had a better mouth piece, snake head or whatever that @ataxian approved mp shape is called.
I ordered one of those, and one trumpet/plunger, they sent two trumpets. :doh:
I also have one of those Grav Lab j hooks which are thin thin. Not just one level of thin.

Top Bottom