Ricardo

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Ricardo

good to have the perfect fit, the Viton looks about right, while the “metric” red silicone
may be on the chubby side.:cool:

mVTr2ye.jpg

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Haven't ordered yet, just want to be 100% sure that these are exactly what we need as replacement High Temperature O-Rings for the Ti Tip / OmniVap. Absolutely, totally, unequivically sure? Thanks.

Trusted source:

I've been sticking with silicone O-rings they wear very slowly and stay supple despite multiple heat cycles. I also really dig the red colour, something about it makes the whole setup feel retro scifi.

Not to be a spoiler, it looks great; taking the ‘Cap apart/reassemble, in time the O-rings will show wear & tear....

Two vapcaps tips are definitely better than one, you'll save your o-rings from excessive wear due to swapping so often.

I'm kinda curious how Viton vs Silicone o-rings effect the wear rate. Since the Viton rings get hard from compression and heat they would be more abrasive when charged with dirt and dust particles

Last edited:

DataRocks

Great point, I'll see if I can somehow add pull tabs.

That’s just a first try. A material test if you will. is A2 Tool Steel BTW

That said, it works just the way I wanted so my maths are pretty dialed in.

I don’t think filing the fins on a M will do much of anything. Good or bad. May add a bit of heat to the stem.

Pulling that out of the Tin once the tin gets beat a bit might be tricky.

You raise good points, I did think about the hassle to have to take the insert out, I made it smaller than the available space in the tin to make it easier, and my latest revisions have iterations with rails /pressure plugs and space for magnets to make sure the container doesn't easily fall when being taken out. I am just trying different ideas and seeing what feels good. My other Altoids design doesn't have any of these issues, but is also much bigger.

Thanks!

Not to be a spoiler, it looks great; taking the ‘Cap apart/reassemble, in time the O-rings will show
wear & tear....

Nice to be able to “Take & Toke”.

Stash bin in the bottom? Take insert out to access? :|

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haven't ordered yet, just want to be 100% sure that these are exactly what we need as replacement High Temperature O-Rings for the Ti Tip / OmniVap. Absolutely, totally, unequivically sure? Thanks.
This. Which, exactly, are they? Not xrings for the condenser, high temp orings for the tip. While I already have some of each, the ones I want a supply of are the tip orings.

Dynavap has used at least 3 different ones, black, orange and now grey. The ones I have are black.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just FYI, the M uses a stem rather than a body. It LOOKS like a body, but the mp is integral so it is the stem length. And yes, you can use the TI tip with it. To use the XLS condenser you will need to add a MP to the M stem so it will look like 2 MPs. I have seen some where they reverse the stem so the built-in and separate MPs are not next to each other.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
This. Which, exactly, are they? Not xrings for the condenser, high temp orings for the tip. While I already have some of each, the ones I want a supply of are the tip orings.

The 6mm x 1mm O-rings for the tip; the 7 & 8mm x-rings for the condenser (see below).

All of the condenser used at your devices have two different x-rings.
The M's condenser has one #8 (8 mm Outer Diameter ) and one #7 (7 mm OD ) .
The woody XLS has 1x #8 & 2x #7.

This post has been edited to add:

Dynavap does include 2 sizes for the x-rings in their 3-pack. I found that I like to use 2 of the smaller size in my M, as the larger one moved around too much during insertion.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian I am so glad to see you have joined joined us vapcappers! I had thought this could really appeal to you!
I always want to stay relevant!

I confess ABV I don't save!
Did once and was not 4 me!

I VAPCAP is my HIGH TEMPERATE MEDICINE.

BLING is for some, however a "M" is all I have?

The FUNCTION is what I need personally.

The "M" is in my rotation.
MEDICAL NEED'S (the "M" get's it done)

If U need BLING that's your deal?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I always want to stay relevant!

I confess ABV I don't save!
Did once and was not 4 me!

I VAPCAP is my HIGH TEMERATE MEDECINE.

BLING is for some, however a "M" is all I have?

The FUNCTION is what I need personally.

The "M" is in my rotation.
MEDICAL NEED'S (the "M" get's it done)

If U need BLING that's your deal?

I was surfing yesterday and apparently the vapcap was a really big deal in vaporizing circles in '17. It won a few awards I think, including the M, and has become the daily driver for many of us. You're definitely relevant. I also read where it may have turned more smokers into vaporists than any one other vaporizer ever. That's pretty hip.

I've got the Omni and the M, but will be sending my M off to my niece in a few days. Not because I don't love the M, but because I love my niece.

But she's not getting my Omni! I admit to VAS as it regards vapcaps. Especially the Omni which I find elegant, and so user friendly. I don't mess with the adjustable carb, but I do mess around with the adjustable bowl. That is an important feature. (I just wish it was a little easier).

I plan to have fun Lego-izing a tiny collection over the coming weeks by purchasing parts for Omni's in both standard and XL sizes. Things for water at home, or things for out and about, or...One of the cool things about the vapcaps is you can go simple/functional/inexpensive or you can go wild and get lots of accessories. But they all WORK.

And I love how you can customize the experience. I'm in a lot of pain right now so while I was surfing I was looking for pro tips getting the fastest extraction with a vapcap and stumbled across Sneaky Pete. He mentioned using the largest bowl setting, using a single flame torch with a medium length flame focusing on the digger-outer side of the cap, and heating it for up to 2 seconds past the click.

I tried it. WOW.

It takes much longer to heat but gives massive clouds. The trick is to move the flame a bit from side to side while turning the vapcap, but still focus on the digger-outer end of the cap. It takes over 15 seconds for the first heating cycle, minimum. If I heat past the click I move the flame closer to the disc end of the cap. But it's clear it does a much better job of heat soaking the chamber.

So far, it's done a remarkable job of extraction. I'm loading my VC's with a medium/coarse grind, and loosely filled chamber-so probably about .07g. It packs a serious punch. And it's fully extracted in 4 heating cycles. I get as many as 6 heating cycles using a double or triple flame torch. But not nearly the clouds or extractioin.

I don't think I would do this with the bowl in the smaller setting as I think it would risk combustion, but right now, while fighting pain using the full bowl setting; it's the bomb.

alterego420

Occasionally I would like to have something that would hold my VapCaps upright so I could fill them easily. Depending on what I put in them, I use a tiny measuring spoon. I have been searching for something that would hold them upright.

I've looked at lipstick and mascara organizers, and flower frog inserts that fit into a wide mouth jar top but the openings have all been about 1" or so, which I think would be too large. Also, most of them are fairly large and designed to hold a LOT of product, and at least at this point, I don't have that many VCs that I need to use this for. Has anyone come up with a solution to hold the VC upright to fill?

The M mouthpiece will fit inside the cap and can then be stood up to fill. For the other vaps, you can stand them up inside the doob tube.

Dynalowrider

beyond6strings, to make the adjustable bowl easier, pick up a stainless steel M8 bolt and two nuts for each bowl setting you wish to use. You can set the nuts and lock them in place for each size bowl. The bolt pushes the screen to the correct depth. The nuts stop the screen at the right depth. A 3/16th" drill bit makes a good screen pusher. Doc

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was surfing yesterday and apparently the vapcap was a really big deal in vaporizing circles in '17. It won a few awards I think, including the M, and has become the daily driver for many of us. You're definitely relevant. I also read where it may have turned more smokers into vaporists than any one other vaporizer ever. That's pretty hip.

I've got the Omni and the M, but will be sending my M off to my niece in a few days. Not because I don't love the M, but because I love my niece.

But she's not getting my Omni! I admit to VAS as it regards vapcaps. Especially the Omni which I find elegant, and so user friendly. I don't mess with the adjustable carb, but I do mess around with the adjustable bowl. That is an important feature. (I just wish it was a little easier).

I plan to have fun Lego-izing a tiny collection over the coming weeks by purchasing parts for Omni's in both standard and XL sizes. Things for water at home, or things for out and about, or...One of the cool things about the vapcaps is you can go simple/functional/inexpensive or you can go wild and get lots of accessories. But they all WORK.

And I love how you can customize the experience. I'm in a lot of pain right now so while I was surfing I was looking for pro tips getting the fastest extraction with a vapcap and stumbled across Sneaky Pete. He mentioned using the largest bowl setting, using a single flame torch with a medium length flame focusing on the digger-outer side of the cap, and heating it for up to 2 seconds past the click.

I tried it. WOW.

It takes much longer to heat but gives massive clouds. The trick is to move the flame a bit from side to side while turning the vapcap, but still focus on the digger-outer end of the cap. It takes over 15 seconds for the first heating cycle, minimum. If I heat past the click I move the flame closer to the disc end of the cap. But it's clear it does a much better job of heat soaking the chamber.

So far, it's done a remarkable job of extraction. I'm loading my VC's with a medium/coarse grind, and loosely filled chamber-so probably about .07g. It packs a serious punch. And it's fully extracted in 4 heating cycles. I get as many as 6 heating cycles using a double or triple flame torch. But not nearly the clouds or extractioin.

I don't think I would do this with the bowl in the smaller setting as I think it would risk combustion, but right now, while fighting pain using the full bowl setting; it's the bomb.
oPBP6At.jpg

SURFING out in the OCEAN?
CANNABIS is SAFER than MILK?
"M" made and designed by VAPCAP = NOT SCARED

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
beyond6strings, to make the adjustable bowl easier, pick up a stainless steel M8 bolt and two nuts for each bowl setting you wish to use. You can set the nuts and lock them in place for each size bowl. The bolt pushes the screen to the correct depth. The nuts stop the screen at the right depth. A 3/16th" drill bit makes a good screen pusher. Doc
I find that a thick sewing needle works best for me. I’ve tried the bolts and mangled a few CCD trying to get them to work.

Pimpslapper

So I love my M.
Is it worth the upgrade to the omni?
Or just go Tim? Bigger bowl and heat up time would suffice I think.
I find the carb/airflow on the M just fine.

Anyone else just roll the M in their fingers to carb/uncarb while hitting it?

Seems most in videos tap/untap but I love the roll/unroll on the carb lol

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I tried it. WOW.. But no.

A SURFER?
REALLY?

VAPCAP "M" because I'ma NO-INCOME CANNABIS LOVING LOGICAL THINKING (POV) HIPPY SURFER
That's my story!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Pimpslapper the cheapest option is to spend $40, plus shipping, on the Ti tip and go from there.
If you like it you can always buy all the other Omni parts next time DV have a sale.

Had a great response to get on this round of orders, so much so I'm having to close the list early.
All the places are filled.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I took the d ring off mine and use it to tamp the load, I did store green under the plug and ABV in the other half but I'd forget to open it the right way and it went all over.
Still use the container but bin the dross.
iDuYlIi.jpg

Put together a case today out of some Oak dated around 1730. put turquoise in the worm holes.

4 pp’s ayes onlie—Titainer

3cnO8bK.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom