WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The problem is for users like me with the spinning mp there are 3 rings and to put the VC together correctly you have to assemble the MP and the three o-rings in place before you insert it into the body. So the mp has to be on the condenser before putting it in the body. There is no straw/pen that will fit around the MP. I don't see it possible to put the condenser and first o-ring in place into the body then put the last 2 o-rings and mp on last. If you can I would love to see a video of you doing it for reference
I don't use the spinning MP that much...it lives on my SBM most of the time.

you are correct...its hard to do the spinning mouthpiece that way... @Mr.Sifter does not have a spinning MP if i read his post correctly.

so...now i have a question about the assembly :doh:

my mouthpiece doesn't fluidly spin.
it is a bit stiff...any solutions?

i lubricated the condenser tube and all orings.

when i took the wood MP off the condenser...there was a bit of debris on the grove closest to the bottom Oring...and i think the debris were wood shavings from the MP scratching against the condenser.

i remeber the spinning MP working before
:hmm:

JetHead

Over the last few weeks, I've read most of this face paced thread and the Best Of Thread and ALL of @Squiby's posts. I've had my M for a couple of days now and the first time was just perfect... then I combusted. Then my lighter started to sputter.

I've cleaned the M with ISO soak and a hot rinsing. I've had some frustration but hoping for smooth hits soon. Hopefully today!

Couple of questions for anyone who cares to consider.

Regarding the M: Sometimes, often actually, I get a faint(ish) first "click" just before a much more audible CLICK. The first sounds a bit like radio static or like a faint sizzling. It makes me think I'm about the combust. Is this a typical experience for newbies or a function of the M? Should I take the "sizzle" as a click? Or just a build up and consider the clear CLICK as the click?

I understand the heating that occurs at different points on the cap. I'm a flavor appreciator and the tip and midsection of tip are just about perfect - these are typically my first and second heat cycles. The third cycle - which is typically near the base - kicks my ass. It's the most potent, thickest and also the harshest/hottest. That's not a bad thing just something I want to control/manage if I can. Am I losing efficiency if I stay in the midsection for the entire bowl? Or just losing the thick/harsh/hot? (I've been using a Solo for four years and primarily used the whole 3-5-6 settings - increasing temp as I progressed through the bowl.) Would lightly feathering the hole lessen the thick/harsh/hot?

Torch lighter - I've been using a single and dual torch - both Eagle brands. I have some dexterity issues from a broken hand that was injured 18 months ago and not quite back to normal yet. Loss of strength and finger dexterity issues - super stiff. Can anyone recommend a lighter that doesn't require too much strength to hold down the button. I keep dropping it or fatiguing my thumb holding down the button. Also, is there a limit to how hot the lighter gets to be able to work properly? Is 3-4 concurrent heat cycles too much for the lighter? It seems to stall out after two. Should I space them out further? I'm not opposed to spending $ on quality if it'll work long term and better/easier to handle.

I bought a can of Fasfil 5x butane - is this crap? Could this be what caused the sputtering?

Appreciate any input. Looking forward to using the M regularly.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The straw trick works coming from the tip end with the tip off for mp and non mp units. Push the mid level o ring down from the tip side with the straw while holding the condenser in place with lower o-ring on.
@WakeAndVape My spinning mp never spun for me. Rubber orings and wood were to binding to each other.
@JetHead The Aomai single flame torch is a flint activated torch that you turn on the gas and roll the flint wheel, turn off gas when done. No lever to hold or loud click for added stealth..

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@SloJimFizz never as in: STILL doesn't?

I THINK my Xl condenser flares a bit at the end and that is the reason it does not spin...if i move the mouthpiece up the condenser it spins no problem...maybe i should just file the inside of the wood moutpiece a little...:science:

EDIT: Spinning mouthpiece issue solved.
it was swollen wood on the inside of the wood MP....the condenser would not fully slide through the wood MP ( it would only go on the condenser from the top)...i thought this was normal until i realized that the reason the orings are there is to hold everything in place.

what I did was lubricate the inside of the MP and the condenser and twisted it until it went all the way through...this left a thin layer of wood dust on the bottom of condenser (where the groves are) and was easily cleaned off...now it spins no problem

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is true. titanium is less affected than SS by induction heating. More convection from inhaling across grooves facing the SS cap, less conduction from the cooler titanium tip. SS tips get much hotter through and through with IH heating, the material experiencing more conduction internally.
Maybe I misunderstand the process, but it is my understanding that the induction heater heats the cap, not the tip, and the tip get hot from proximity to the heated cap, not the induction process. The tip does eventually get hot enough to release vapor from conduction but not right away, so the first few hits of a session, before the tip gets hot enough for conduction, will me mostly convection from the hot cap heating the air that passes by it. Or so it would seem to me.

Planck

believes in Dog
My DVs are definitely the most parsimonious with my herb

Parsimonious! :luv: (eloquent cybrguy :nod:)

There is this one from last spring...

https://www.vapecritic.com/best-vaporizer/

Cool, I remember some poll that appeared somewhat prejudiced against Vapcap.
I do not remember the details, is this that poll?

A VapCap with a larger diameter would be a nice addition to the range?

I expect the performance would be greatly affected requiring a radical redesign.
No one knows noses like George knows noses :rockon:

In other news, the troll is strong today.:ugh:

Happy Sat. fine folks! ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Somehow a line from "Waiting for Godot" seems appropriate but instead let me just say that given the huge number of committed fans of the DV family of vapes I think it is likely that we are not all fooled and VapCaps are excellent vapes. And because of that I think it is safe to say that if you are having difficulty using it effectively, there is a pretty good chance you are doing something wrong and need to take others advice and keep trying.

Once it is working for you, if you don't like something about it it may make sense to move on, but until you actually have it working that may not be an informed decision.

Some people may need or want an extremely easy vape to use that has no learning curve, and that's fine, there are several, tho they tend to be much more expensive. If that is you than, yes, this may not be the vape for you. But VapCaps are excellent, inexpensive, highly engineered and highly efficient vapes that makes many people VERY happy, so condemning the vape because you are having difficulty with it would seem a little unreasonable.

If you really DO want to keep trying we will help any way we can, but you will have to work with us.

Mr.Sifter

People,

I didn't want to troll around and create shitstorm.
Oftentimes I am very emotional when I feel I am disapointed.
and I was very disapointed.
not only with the dynavap but life in general at the moment.

today i quit my break just to try the damn thing called nonavong.
I went through the cold evening just to get a torch lighter.
and I still was very angry because I did not like it.

Went home and tried to operate a Ti-cap size load on minimal size adjusted chamber (TMSAC).
Directly through the d020 with fresh demineralized water.
I heated from the very bottom because thats what I do.
Mainly I dont want to risk low temp hits. Cant handle isolated THC hits without the moderating CBD componds.

to make long story short:
I respected the click (wow, its loud)
Heated with a single torch flame approx. 2 inch away from the lower end of the cap while spinning the vong.
It took 30 spins approx 20 sec to hear a click.
Its a double click, isn't it?
A softer one followed by a louder one.

I blocked the air inlet hole (ok, it's no condensor carb)
through the bubbler there was thick vapor.
Or was it smoke?
It was harsher than to what i am used to.

2 heating cycles with one draw each.
My AVB is very dark.
Never have I had such dark AVB.
I think I combusted to a great amount.

The effects from this mini load are quite strong.
could it be that the dynavaps gain their efficiency because it can be vapor/combustion hybrid ?
The ABV is not homogeneous coloured.
There are very dark brown spots and the rest has all kind of brown.

The taste was not present although I used the tastiest weed I own.
another indicator for my exessive usage of heat.
to long? to near?

I think it was at a minimum 20-30% combustion involved.
the effects are reminiscent of smoking since I feel a full range cannabinoid effet.

I watched to many youtube videos and read to much in this thread.
My heatup time was quite long. I waited for the click and immediately stoped the flame

Carlos8400

People,

Went home and tried to operate a Ti-cap size load on minimal size adjusted chamber (TMSAC).
Mainly I dont want to risk low temp hits. Cant handle isolated THC hits without the moderating CBD componds.

Heated with a single torch flame approx. 2 inch away from the lower end of the cap while spinning the vong.

Or was it smoke?

My AVB is very dark.

could it be that the dynavaps gain their efficiency because it can be vapor/combustion hybrid ?

to long? to near?

the effects are reminiscent of smoking since I feel a full range cannabinoid effet.

My heatup time was quite long. I waited for the click and immediately stoped the flame

From experience, when you combust with the Vapcap, you know about it, you don't "I think it was at a minimum 20-30% combustion involved."
When it has happened to me, it was like hitting a pipe, and i had a real cherry.

When heating, i usually do the first two cycles moving the flame top to bottom of cap as i turn the vape.
These heat soak the tip etc. From the third hit on i will usually target the mid section of the cap. Depending on what is loaded in i will do 1 to 3 hits in the middle.
I usually finish my last hit or two right at the edge of the cap, this is how you get the hottest vapor, and reach the pop corn taste.
I would say 5 to 7 hits is my standard.

If trying to be fast, do the first one top to bottom, and then straight to the bottom of the cap.

That's all with a single flame torch.
With more flames you get a much faster heat up time, but less ability to control heat.
Triple and quad flames are great outdoors, but indoors i prefer a single flame.

Distance wise, i touch the tip of the bright blue inner flame to the cap. 1" flame or so.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
100% your problem...you should have the flame 'licking' the cap, not so far away.

20 seconds is way too long to heat a vapcap...that combined with the low positioning of the torch is what caused you to scortch.

this has nothing to do with the magic and more to do with error.

I think what you are creating is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

emotions... dissapointment... anger... all surrounding: this 'Damned thing' does not seem like the mantras needed for a good relationship with ANYTHING

:2c:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It looks like you may have combusted, but we all have while we learned. I hate to take you off your t-break for lessons in VC use. We can begin again at its end if you like, or we can continue, up to you.
When heating the VC I tend to hold the flame so the inner lighter blue part just tickles or barely touches the cap while (consistently) spinning the VC. While you are learning I would put the flame on the middle of the cap, as too close to the digger end will be too hot and may cause combustion. Once you get comfortable with the process you can start moving around the cap and adjusting where to put the flame for different heating effects.

There are 2 clicks on a new cap and over time you will learn exactly (for you) when to stop heating, but at the beginning you can stop heating at either click. I get clicks anywhere from 4 seconds to about 10 depending on whether it is the first heating, and if not how hot the VC already is. If outside, ambient temp and, of course, wind will effect time to temp.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The more you read the thread the more you will see individual tastes and methods develop. Like a Mi or some other vapes, the VapCaps are truly manual vapes that require technique. Even once you get it down you will find you use it differently under different circumstances or to get different effects. With my Nonavong that I use at home with water AND with my JarHead, for example, I rarely get more than 2 single hits (click to click) before exhausting the goods. Using my Woody out and about I get more hits and spend more time at lower heat to get flavor hits. The SS of the M behaves a little differently than the Ti and you need to adjust for that.
Vapcaps are certainly not one size fits all, even though once understood anyone can easily use any of them. But they have different characteristics and almost have "personalities". Pardon my anthropomorphism.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@SloJimFizz never as in: STILL doesn't?
Sold that one, but that was early in my vapcapping when I thought I only needed 1, maybe 2 Vapcaps. :mental:
Now today, my collection is complete...till the next sale. ;)

heSf44o.jpg

L-R: Hodor the burl stem, Winegums Maple w/gen2 tip, Ti Omni w/gen5, PhatPiggie Koa w/gen4, Omni XL Cocobolo W/xtra stem w/gen5, M, Skelator.
Holy shit, the Everlasting bowl.

Mr.Sifter

I went through 7 minimal chambers now.
3 different strains

I still have to heat 7-10 sec with the single flame.
the cap is 1 inch above the blue flame.
rotating and aiming for "the lower middle".

2 draws through the bubbler and i am affraid to do a third one.
after 2 draws my avb looks nearly like ground coffee.
never ever have i had such dry avb.
you can feel "how sucked out" it is.

the vapor is not tasty.
but it is so thick almost yellowish.

i must have combusted.
i collected my avb and looked at it.
it looks rather on the dark side.
a very dark side.

but its fun to use.
sadly I went extra cheap... my lighter is crapping out in omnyl 2h.

eeeeehm,
something is strange.
I wanted to take a picture of the Vapcap AVb vs my collected AVB from "solo,mighty,hopper".
Lighting was difficult. will try in daylight tomorrow.

the idea to revape some avb (from the "solo,mighty,hopper - jar")
a fullcap maximal chamber size.

had to click 30 times for my cheapish lighter to give a torch flame.
voilà, 10-12 seconds until click, ultra respected, and through the bubbler.

again, vapor, that must be smoke.
that cant be vapor.
it's sick it almost has physical weight in your mouth.
you know what i mean.
thick and heavy are the only words that cross my mind.
like heavier, stronger body.
a sensation cigarette smokers know.
it's something cloudy, thick, yellowish in your respatory system.
you can feel it.
it has some kind of pressure.

the vapcap is like that.

I must have combusted.
it comes to the edge of disgust.

And that from AVB?
what's with this device.
can it make smoke vapor out of everything?
its stupid amazing.

that is the closest vaping brings you to smoking and vice versa.

i am still suspicious :ninja:

must be smoke must be smoke
this is not vaping
must be smoke

:uhoh:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
People,

Or was it smoke?

My AVB is very dark.

to long? to near?

Finish your T-break......then come back with some commitment (to master a simple, basic, extraordinarily well thought out analog device). A single day of sessions does not give any credence to a full page + review. Check back after a few dozen, then a few hundred, then a few thousand rounds with these little wonders.

At this point, almost a full year in on my VC experience, I can make them do exactly what I wish, whether it be a morning pain dose, an afternoon or evening adjunct with a great craft beer, or an end of the day session that would make a meth-head sleep. With no fuss at all! On less than two grams a week. And, I clean my VC's more out of boredom than need.

If you've got something that works for you, go for it. If you've got some gumption, then check back in when you've replaced your bias with you experience. Very interested to hear. Choose your words well.......

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I can't use electronic vaporisers anymore
( I'm an electronic engineer ,BTW ).
Still ,when it comes to vaping ,I just can't stand any electronic vaporiser anymore .
Since I got my first VapCap ,the act of vaping is associated with one and only device .
And that is the VapCap.

For me ,there are very little chances that a better portable,flame powered vaporiser will ever exist.
George managed to close that chapter ,once and for all.

Still ,not everybody can handle fire.
Let alone to play with it ...

Cheers.
:peace:

hinglemccringleberry

It looks like you may have combusted, but we all have while we learned.
Uhm, no. Never once have I combusted in the year Ive owned mine and I heat 1 - 2 seconds past the click on occasion. It blows my mind how many VC users have accidentally combusted, I would either have to be deaf or just defiantly heating a ridiculous period of time past the click to pull that off. I dont understand how anyone who reads the instructions could ever char their load. Hell, I once charred a load in my Linx Gaia electronic vape, and I will char a load in my Sticky Brick Junior if I look at it the wrong way. But my problem w/ the Vapcap is the opposite, I cant get the Ti tip to a high enough temp even with a dual flame, so I have to heat a bit past the click just to get ideal performance out of it.
In fact Im thinking of buying an M simply because a SS tip would perform better in cold winter weather. Are there any VC owners other than me who have never combusted?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

My AVB is very dark.
You really need to heat in the middle of the cap, especially if you are on the verge of combusting or are combusting !!!
It will do a full extraction and the ABV will not be bordering black.
This is especially true for you being new to VC/ getting the nuances of it.

Back off a little as..... combustion sucks.

Top Bottom