cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just ordered an M. A few questions, are the parts between the M and the cocobolos interchangeable? Can I stick the new M tip and cap onto the cocobolo stem? Also, I have @Pipes Jarhead and I know Induction works really well with SS, but can the titanium models be used with the induction heater?
Cocobolo is a kind of wood, but I think you are talking about the Vong so Yes, the parts are interchangeable, Yes the M SS tip can go on the Vong (or a plain wood stem) and Yes the Ti tip works great in @Pipes Induction Heaters. The heat up and cool down times for SS and Ti are slightly different, but not too much. When folks prefer one over the other this is the main reason.
My main VC at home IS a Cocobolo Ti Nonavong that I usually use with my JarHead. Great combination, and I moved the Xring so that the air hole is always fully blocked, so it is a completely one handed VC.

Sometimes, especially at the end of the evening, I get lazy... :rofl:

Added:
Titanium tip works with IH but is more heavily weighed towards convection than conduction.
I'm not sure what I think about this, but why do you think its true?

Last edited:

babaganush

@cybrguy

Good to know and thanks! :)

Is this because of draw restriction, or why? I don't know why my M passed QC when it had basically no airflow by default, with the cap all the way in (maybe I'm missing something) . Doing mouth pulls hurt my throat. It's fine now with the tip modded, hopefully I'll be able to test it with some proper herb soon.

I found that the pull restriction was too much, but I havent tried it with a bubbler. I found that I am able to pull better when attached to a bubbler with my TI tip, I guess because of the bigger air chamber. The TI tip also heats and cools down noticeably faster than the SS, and the screen adjustment is a must have for me, since I like to micro dose.

analytika

: The heat up and cool down times for SS and Ti are slightly different, but not too much.

I'm not sure what I think about this, but why do you think its true?

It is true. titanium is less affected than SS by induction heating. More convection from inhaling across grooves facing the SS cap, less conduction from the cooler titanium tip. SS tips get much hotter through and through with IH heating, the material experiencing more conduction internally.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Oh, I'm a ninnie!

Just recieved and opened my DV order.... Thought they'd made a mistake as my omni mouthpiece/condenser wasn't in the parcel...

Looked at my order and all i ordered was screens and xrings... :doh:

I feel a bit bad... My £10 order was less than the international shipping fees normally are....

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so the package with my nonavong body is now kinda lost or at least delayed :( i spoke to George on Monday about the small mistake in my order and he said he would fix the issue right away and sent me a new part. i got the email from later that day and the link said it would be here friday (yesterday). the USPS link still says its going to be here on friday 12/1 even today, and the tracking still says "in transit to my city" usually when it's close it says "out for delivery" so this make me think that it still has not even reached my local post office. i know it is Xmas time and the USPS is now swamped, so i need to be patient, but its hard enough to wait for an anticipated package the first time, but when the package is wrong and you are now waiting for the replacement, it seems harder to wait.

Mr.Sifter

So, I know I am not seen that friendly here.
But, I guess, thats who I am, right?

anyways,
I received the TI-nonavong today.
thats it ?
that simple little wooden tube with the Ti-tip and the metal tube (condensor) ?
mmmh,
I played arounf with the Ti cap adjusting the chmaber size to the smallest size.
Still bigger than a small solo stem load.
So, I do not the mirodose hype around the device.

I dont have a torch lighter around here but I am thinking about returning the device untested.
I dont seem to justify the 68EUR I payed for this.

I sae a heat diagram in this thread.
the cap seems to "click" way below 190°C.
I want more more more heat to extract full CBD content for medical reasons.

really wanted to like this device.
But once in my hands I was so underwhelmed.

the condensor is held with two o rings. Great. But it seems to be impossible to place them on the rims on the condesor and insert the metal stem in the wooden stem. they move and dont stay in their place.
Seems so very much DIY amatuer hobby work.
maybe reliable, yes, maybe.

with a solo I can set the device to 200-210°C, put the stem in the solo, wait 1-2 minutes and inhalte through a bubbler. Smaller doses than the smallest Ti cap adjustment holds.

I dont geet the hype.

why the carbhole in the wooden stem when the carbhole has not connection to the metal condensor that transports the vapor.
there is no connection and no difference in draw resistance when blocked or opened.
how could it?
ou inhale through the cap and vapor flows through the condensor.
why a carbhole in the stem ?
i dont get it

lookhigh

FC member
Now you will not be popular around the vapcap thread.... Only joking of course.
For more heat just heat past the click or a single lighter build more heat slower.
I think you need the give this device some more time as it takes a small amount of skill to really make this work.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

anyways,
thats it ?
mmmh,
I played arounf with the Ti cap adjusting the chmaber size to the smallest size.

I dont have a torch lighter around here but I am thinking about returning the device untested.

the condensor is held with two o rings. Great. But it seems to be impossible to place them on the rims on the condesor and insert the metal stem in the wooden stem. they move and dont stay in their place.

with a solo I can set the device to 200-210°C, put the stem in the solo, wait 1-2 minutes and inhalte through a bubbler. Smaller doses than the smallest Ti cap adjustment holds.

I dont geet the hype.

why the carbhole in the wooden stem when the carbhole has not connection to the metal condensor that transports the vapor.
there is no connection and no difference in draw resistance when blocked or opened.
how could it?
i dont get it
looks can be deceiving.
Who gives a fuck if your seen as friendly
( i personally don't...but then again i ain't always friendly in a christian way)
anyhow...i can understand that underwhelming feeling when you LOOK at a DV...it's tiny, expensive, maybe even unimpressive.

give it some heat cycles though and USE it.

once you use it, your oppinion may change.
i say may...even though im sure its almost a guarantee.

the condenser has groves to hold those slippery orings in place...they won't move.

there is a slight gap in between the condenser and tip...the omni condenssr is able to eleminate this gap when its closed (making the carb useless)

YOU as i understand DON'T have the omni model...so the carb works...but it isn't technically a carb (as it functions slightly different from a carb...we just call it that)

...it's a fresh air intake and allows for fresh air to mix and cool the vapor a bit.

i almost garantee that if you truly dont like it after a week of unbiased use...you will have no problem selling it and getting almost all of your money back.

Here Here!!:doh: Would love to be microdosing, but my wallet thinks I'm overdosing..... I'm only living "once";) so it's Alright.....
i enjoy your philosophy :brow:!!!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious

anyways,
thats it ?
mmmh,

I dont geet the hype.

how could it?
i dont get it
When put together properly the carb hole does work, and it mixes fresh air with the stuff from the tip. I'm not sure which model you got, but it seems like you got a woody or a nonavong?
Anyway, this is a technique vaporizer: your technique will decide if you get a light heating or a strong heating. I personally heat my vapcap right at the bottom of the bowl. I use a single or double flame right there at the base of the bowl and get a really instant dark extraction.

Here's the thing, though. There's a lot of information in these threads, and there's even a best of thread that will answer all of your questions and also get you going. Instead of waiting 2 minutes to vape, I'm vaporizing within 10 or 15 seconds. But it doesn't sound like you want to learn how to use something and don't mind waiting. So maybe this product isn't for you, but honestly you could have found this all out just by reading in the thread. It's common knowledge how simple but also complex at the same time their products are. Right on their site there are diagrams showing you the details of their build. Even down to the orings. It seems like you just bought the product without reading anything about it. Your choice of course, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

The more I have a dynavap back in my life, the more I want an induction heater. I don't like the sound of these little torches so much. I prefer quiet. That's really my gripe about dynavap products. If there was a silent torch lighter I would be happy. lol

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

anyways,
thats it ?
mmmh,

I dont geet the hype.

how could it?
i dont get it

Ill take a rip at this one, as I'm an Arizer Stan.

I was initially surprised with how small my M is, but the cost seems reasonable for a vape (all are priced a bit high for my liking). Looking at the individual parts that make up a DynaVap and their associated costs, purchasing a complete unit provides a value.

I'm not sure how small you can make the Ti chamber but it's much smaller than the M which is also much smaller than my Solo stems. A Solo stem with an inverted dome screen (to reduce capacity) would make my DynaVap chamber look huge - but you could add some organic cotton to the DynaVap chamber and have a similar reduction in size.

I have to disagree with your interpretation of the temperature and click. The Solo is capped at 220 C with zero chance of combustion. If I heat my VapCap at the space between the "A" and the "V" (respecting the click) with an inline dual torch I flirt with combustion - well over 220C. I have combusted several times, without heating past the click.

Heating closer to the middle, as recommended, has my avb on par or slightly darker than a strong 205C Solo session - around the same temps achieved, IMO)

If CBD is important for medical, try capsules as you will be able to get much higher doses.

I was really surprised with the size of the vape and the cyberpunk feel of the machining. I do appreciate the simplicity more and more every time I use it.

You can thank fricition for the O/X rings not staying in place. Apply a little wax/lube/oil and everything will be ok. I used underbutter (from my Underdog) once and it's been smooth sailing all week even after multiple disassemble and rebuilds. The only other tip I can give is to twist the condenser as you are inserting it - the torque will help keep the rings in place.

With the DynaVap, I can heat a cap in 15-20 seconds, put it on a bubbler and blow massive milky clouds in under 45 seconds - all in.

Even with two or three heat cycles it's still faster than a Solo bubbler rip and with less herb than I use in my Arizer (tamped to 95% full every time).

It's not a carb hole but an air intake - the carb on a bubbler reduces the drag and allows you to clear a chamber. It does not increase the air going to the vape.

The air intake on the DynaVap allows more air into the stem which travels up to the cap and through the herb.

If you look at the Ti tip and the grooves for air intake it should start to make sense.

Give the vape a try (and buy an inline torch) - the bowls are small and the highs are grand.

The hype is inflated but it's an inexpensive entery level vape that punches well above its weight. The DynaVap delivers on build quality, clouds, extraction, looks, and value.

My only gripes, a) it's not combustion proof - I need to pay attention. b) I will need to clean it - more than the 0 maintenance on a Solo. c) after the terpy first and second pull I reach popcorn quickly.

For reference - Solo II vs M bowl size
vj21z.jpg

14alu0h.jpg

Last edited:

mmenzie

the condenser has groves to hold those slippery orings in place...they won't move.

While I do love both of my VapCaps I do have to agree with @Mr.Sifter I have a Ti woody-S and I have the toughest time sliding the condenser back in the body. The o-ring closest to the airhole slides onto the groove and sits nicely but even when lubed up as I slide the condenser back into the body it stops at that first ring and the ring slides as I gentle try to twist it inside into place. I try using a poker to push the ring into place. It has been mentioned to use a taken apart Bic pen body to put in place but with the spinning mp, it has to be on place first and the pen can't fit around the MP

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
While I do love both of my VapCaps I do have to agree with @Mr.Sifter I have a Ti woody-S and I have the toughest time sliding the condenser back in the body. The o-ring closest to the airhole slides onto the groove and sits nicely but even when lubed up as I slide the condenser back into the body it stops at that first ring and the ring slides as I gentle try to twist it inside into place. I try using a poker to push the ring into place. It has been mentioned to use a taken apart Bic pen body to put in place but with the spinning mp, it has to be on place first and the pen can't fit around the MP
I have certain bodies that seem to be just a hair tighter than the others...the middle ring is a little more difficult to place in those bodies. (but by no means impossible as stated...not even near it)

what i have found is: it's easier to place the middle oring first, then slide the condenser through the top of the Body/Stem...when the condenser falls through the bottom i then put the last oring and just push it back up

i haven't had to resort to the bic trick yet (fingers crossed)

but once the orings are placed...they won't move...and Oring tinkering isn't required to operate the device...it's an 'as needed' matinence step...unless you create the need in your mind, it will only be done once or twice a month

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
...the condensor is held with two o rings. Great. But it seems to be impossible to place them on the rims on the condesor and insert the metal stem in the wooden stem. they move and dont stay in their place.

how could it?
i dont get it
If the o-ring has moved past the carb/airhole toward the tip of the VC, it will restrict the air flow even if the airhole is uncovered. It needs to stay between the mouthpiece and airhole. The @Dynalowrider suggestion of a straw to keep the ring in place when re-assembling if needed is a good, simple fix.

mmenzie

The problem is for users like me with the spinning mp there are 3 rings and to put the VC together correctly you have to assemble the MP and the three o-rings in place before you insert it into the body. So the mp has to be on the condenser before putting it in the body. There is no straw/pen that will fit around the MP. I don't see it possible to put the condenser and first o-ring in place into the body then put the last 2 o-rings and mp on last. If you can I would love to see a video of you doing it for reference

Top Bottom