• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Squiby

Anyone here prefer the regular omnivap size to the xl? Starting to argue with me whether i made the right decision given i already have a dynastash haha

I love all my VapCaps; the short, the long and the unusual. I find they all have a place and are used for different purposes. It's like asking me to just pick one favorite flower.

The short stock 3.5 inch Dynavap Vapcaps are my typical out and about vapes. They are totally tiny and fit nicely in a workshirt pocket or in jeans. They are such tough, resilient little vapes, that they can withstand being positioned in the crossfire of me and whatever physical task is at hand. Especially the Omni which I doubt I could damage accidentally.

I fit them with S&B concentrate pads and load them with a day's worth of concentrate and then I just sip them throughout the day, while meandering from task to task.

But I also have a Ti VonG S by my tub. It fits perfectly in a decorative stone box. Beside it is another, smaller but similar stone box that holds my tub soaking stash; a lovely lighty fragrant strain called Strawberry Blonde. This often results in a longer soak than what might be considered reasonable. But, there it is.

The 4.5 inch XLS models usually stay inside. My Ti Copper Stoned XLS and my Omni XL live in my bedroom with my @Pipes Skelator Induction Heater and they keep me medicated through the evening and Witching hours. That slight extra 17mm in length make them easy to handle in the dark and less likely to drop.

The unusual are my stunningly beautiful, functional art @phattpiggie stems. These are proudly displayed in the living areas of my house. They are interesting and beautiful and wonderfully functional. They WOW me whenever I look at them or twirl them between my fingers.

I know well the anxiety of choosing the one perfect Vapcap. After all this time with my Vapcaps, I'm not sure that a perfect one exists. They are all perfect. It's hard to imagine having just one... Buying ONE only leads to a collection obsession, a lusting after all the other models, all the options, all the flavors. They're like Ju Jubes. You might say you like the red, orange or even black better, but in the end you go for them all anyway.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I average 0.6g a day using mainly my vapcaps, I've tried to slow down but it never really works out. I tried the micro dosing game but it never quite satisfies me. My over all consumption has been reduced by about 40% since I started vaping which is still a huge win.
maybe thats the key...using ONLY DV's

I use a mutitude of devices and session with others frequently...i have been known to vape up to almost a quarter in a day if i need to.

@SloJimFizz in with you...when i was smoking...i had a nearly rehabable habbit :rofl:

glad to have found vaping!

Godspeed

What do we exactly consider micro-dosing? I thought that 0.05 to 0.1 per bowl already was so... If not, I don't think how micro-dosing really feels like yet. With the FocusVape Pro I reduced the amount I was vaping (not by a lot, but I certainly did a tiny bit). And I expect some sort of reduction again.

I use the OmniVap half chamber method utilizing the screens and hemp fiber filter. For me this weighs out to be .040mg per load which is my daily dose to control seizures. A gram lasts me 25 days.

Planck

believes in Dog
Any picture without a vapcap in it is just a totally wasted picture. :D

Hummm, NOPE!

I tried a silicone section on the M to make a seal with glass, and it is not something I will do again. It sits way way too deep into the joint for me to be comfortable. It's metal, after all.

I use a 1/2 piece folded back on itself, to create a 1/4 double thickness.
Works great in a 14mm joint.
It sits over the lip relief of the M.
Insertion depth can be fine tuned by moving it slightly up or down.
5/16 from http://www.planetvape.ca/med-x-high-temp-platinum-cured-silicone-vaporizer-tubing.html

It's hard to imagine having just one... Buying ONE only leads to a collection obsession, a lusting after all the other models, all the options, all the flavors.

I am happy with one. :smug:
I will probably get a back up at some point.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My DVs are definitely the most parsimonious with my herb, but some of my other vapes are very good at keeping the volume down as well. Particularly the RBT vapes and the Lotus, tho each of those can use gobs of goods if you feel like it. The only vape I have that is truly bad at MDing is the HA which is much better as a session vape. And even that can be better if you work at it.

MDing, I think, is as much a philosophy as a way to save money (goods) or generally reduce consumption. And while a single bad day (or just a party down day) may temporarily break your MDing resolve, it only takes a few days to get back to it as your MO.

Back when the Omni first came out, they included a glass body, so you could learn how it worked by watching it move. Maybe it should be offered again. So many people are confused. Doc

I'm sure this would help a lot of people who don't want to take it apart and look, or may need clearer* feedback. Maybe they could include it by request.

* Ahahahaha

analytika

So with a dynavap and IH, eyeballing the chart, first hit is conduction from 25 C to 140 C, then about 80/20 convection/conduction from 140 C to 180C on inhale.

That's very close to ideal, IMHO. Very curious about subsequent draws in this respect.

With pure convection Vapes you either (i) get a lackluster heater offering a pretty useless first or even second full draw ... See the CFV or the Swift Pro, (ii) ramp up the amount of sustained hot air the unit can drive and forget about cooling the air or battery life ... See the grasshopper, or (iii) not only ramp up the amount of sustained hot air the unit can drive, but also build unit like a tank with huge battery and monsterous internal air cooling. See the ghost mv1.

Some other convection units along the spectrum from (ii) to (iii) burden the user with learning required but often unspoken special technique to achieve good draws. See the Firefly 2.

With the hot ti tips, the too hot to hold or press against lips grasshopper body (I have pfe) or the ghost mv1 capsules, each retains heat causing continued conduction.

Hope to find a mighty analysis by you. I kind of suspect it might look pretty similar to the dynavap graph, but maybe drive a bit more conduction before first breath.

Shameless crosspost from the Vape Temp Profile Charts Thread.

I just charted a VapCap M being heated by @Pipes Jarhead induction heater.
naq5bC7.jpg

I had to use a makeshift screen that I poked a hole into, but I got the sensor right about where I wanted it.

fVp2E4N.jpg

I then filled it with herb and ran the test. You'll notice that the first draw actually brings more heat into the bowl, while the second takes heat out of it.

I plan on running a similar test with the Ti Omni for comparison's sake. :science:

:peace:

Last edited:

Ricardo

MDing, I think, is as much a philosophy as a way to save money (goods) or generally reduce consumption. And while a single bad day (or just a party down day) may temporarily break your MDing resolve, it only takes a few days to get back to it as your MO.
.... and some lightweights like me just need very small amounts to get just as high as friends rolling huge big J's. I can get totally spaced for hours on the smallest OmniVap chamber size (depends a bit on the strain) but it's not a deliberate strategy - it must be metabolism. The money saving is a plus for sure, also low thc in the blood I suppose, in case I was ever tested....

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
i heard these muthaf***as talking about a gram a week and damn near pissed my self..

Same, sometimes I wonder if they can really get high...

I tried the micro dosing game but it never quite satisfies me.

I also tried when I first started browsing FC but never found it satisfying.

The "high" from vaporising is far more "vivid" ,"crystal clear" ,"crisp" and of course longer lasting,than the high induced by the poisonous and harmful "mixed" greek joints.

Word, what really made me switch has been the pleasure of feeling truly high again, a thing that I was starting to miss smoking mixed joints.

Some people really love it and swear by their regimen, I applaud them as it is something I cannot keep up.

Yeah, last year I managed to last for a couple of weeks of low usage after a week long t break but I just can't go for it in the long time.

I maxi-dose with all my vapes.

Macrodoser of the world unite!

i do less at a time than I used to combust, but my frequency has picked up.

Same for me, less material per session but more often.

Back when the Omni first came out, they included a glass body, so you could learn how it worked by watching it move.

I truly understood what was happening with inside my Omni only when I finally tried the glass body. I didn't know it's not supplied anymore.

My DVs are definitely the most parsimonious with my herb, but some of my other vapes are very good at keeping the volume down as well. Particularly the RBT vapes and the Lotus

IME butane vapes tend to be more efficient with the undisputed king being the Vapman.

BTW thank you, I feel less lonely now!

Ricardo

Same, sometimes I wonder if they can really get high...
Read my comments above :wave: I absolutely really do get very, very high... It's not an act and it annoys me that people (not you - I mean people I sit down with to smoke/vape) think I'm pretending - they can't imagine so little weed fucking me up that much. :freak:. But I love to get stoned :peace: I never smoked a lot back in the day, that's true - never a big or daily user.....gave up smoking ciggies about 25 years ago :myday: Then about 5 years ago I wanted to get back into using a little weed to relax, man - chill a bit, you know?...but I couldn't smoke - dilemma! I started making these really delicious mik-shake style drinks, with lemon, vanilla, cinnamon flavors to make it more interesting. That's when I used the most bud - grinding it up and simmering it in milk in the dead of night when I thought my children were asleep :science:. Then I discovered vaping and found I only needed a small amount in the bottom of the DaVinci Ascent chamber. And with the VapCap it's probably half that again, but believe me, it hits the spot :tup:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok. So i discovered the "Hammer Vaporizer" the other day.
If the dynavap would fit in that Hammer lighter... That would become my out and about stealth lighter!!

Had literally been wondering if i make a lighter holder/housing in the same principle of hiding the flame as well as eyes free placement of cap in the flame..

Anyone got the hammer?

EDIT : Skip that. Just watched another video that made it clearer to me it will not be any good for the DV.

Last edited:
mrb,

analytika

I suspect with *age* downregulation of cb1 and cb2 (higher tolerance) occur more slowly and at different thresholds of administration.

But if you really hit it hard, consistently -- and eventually drive your tolerance up -- then tolerance break, you upregulate (become more sensitized) more slowly also.

I think net net you can microdose at slightly higher doses with stable tolerance than younger folks.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is certainly possible. I already consumed less than I did 20 or more years ago before I started vaping, so I was already on a downward trend. Some of that was just not needing/wanting to be as high as much. But the dramatic decrease in the last 3 years has been undeniable and impossible to untether from the change to vaping. And it seems that that trend towards less consumption continued until I got to where I am now a year or so ago.
Different strains can influence my consumption, of course, but whatever strain it is noticeably less than prior to vaping.

We're kind of off topic here so I think I will stop engaging on this here.

We're kind of off topic here so I think I will stop engaging on this here.

Totally agree. But before going back to the DynaVap, lemme ask: is there any poll in FC in which users vote for their favourite/preferred/most used vaporiser? I'm kind of curious to see how is the overall taste of the largest sample of vapers that exists (FC).

Adjusting the airflow of the DynaVap is very cool, using it hands-free is may well be worth it, as someone said before.

babaganush

I got my vapcaps in yesterday, and after going through an interesting initiation processes (consisting of a few scorched herbs and minor finger burns), Ive finally got the technique down. All I can ask for now is George's hand, because I want to shake it. Not only are these effective, I find it so fun to use! I find myself wanting to use it even when Im comfortably medicated--hopefully for my sake its just a honeymoon period!

I hate to sound like a canned testimonial, but I showed the vapcap to a friend today and he said it was "a gamechanger" when it came to portable vapes, and ordered one for himself right then and there on his phone--he didnt even bother trying to find a coupon for it. I'm super satisfied with this product, and once I used it I could really tell how much thought was put into this simple yet cleverly designed vape. I'll stop now :D

Some personal findings:
-The TI tip is really worth it over the SS one. Makes me wish they offered an M with an TI tip for a little extra dough instead of buying them separate. ($70 seems fair)
-I prefer the metal body of the M over the wood body. The metal is more inert and easy to clean compared to the wood. I combusted with the wood body and now it has a smell.
-The wood body does seem to resist heat much better than the M body, which can get hot to the touch after a few consecutive lights. I ordered some 10mm silicone tube to put around the stem.
-I thought the rotating mouthpiece would be a gimmick, but its actually quite convenient. Only problem I face is that it sometimes gets separated from the stem when I pull out the silicone wpa. Not a problem if I pull it out from the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I combusted with the wood body and now it has a smell.
Unless you are a goof like @kuzko cousin (no offense to him) and smoke out of it like it's a one hitter, a single or occasional combustion in a wood stemmed VC shouldn't make it smell too much, and the smell should go away after a few days. That may depend on how sensitive your nose is, but when I have combusted in my Woody-S, a thorough cleaning of the condenser and tip has pretty much eliminated smell. Remember, as long as you are using a condenser the vapor never really meets the wood directly.

Love your avatar. :)

kuzko

Unless you are a goof like @kuzko cousin (no offense to him) and smoke out of it like it's a one hitter

No offense taken, goof is actually the perfect word to describe him.

Just ordered an M. A few questions, are the parts between the M and the cocobolos interchangeable? Can I stick the new M tip and cap onto the cocobolo stem? Also, I have @Pipes Jarhead and I know Induction works really well with SS, but can the titanium models be used with the induction heater?

DirtyD

nah...hommie.

i heard these muthaf***as talking about a gram a week and damn near pissed my self...i'm using like 2grams a day...guess it's a little better than what i would smoke stuffing cones and rolling J's...but, uh...WakeAndVape ain't slowing down for shit.

...makes me want to try though :rofl:
i could afford ALL the vapes if i only vaped a gram a week
Here Here!!:doh: Would love to be microdosing, but my wallet thinks I'm overdosing..... I'm only living "once";) so it's Alright.....

asdf420

-The TI tip is really worth it over the SS one. Makes me wish they offered an M with an TI tip for a little extra dough instead of buying them separate. ($70 seems fair).
Is this because of draw restriction, or why? I don't know why my M passed QC when it had basically no airflow by default, with the cap all the way in (maybe I'm missing something) . Doing mouth pulls hurt my throat. It's fine now with the tip modded, hopefully I'll be able to test it with some proper herb soon.
Some people think the SS tip is better for water... longer toking period, more vapor per hit?

having a full length stem + spinning MP would make heating a lot easier. Wouldn't matter with an induction heater, though :p

Last edited:
asdf420,

analytika

No offense taken, goof is actually the perfect word to describe him.

Just ordered an M. A few questions, are the parts between the M and the cocobolos interchangeable? Can I stick the new M tip and cap onto the cocobolo stem? Also, I have @Pipes Jarhead and I know Induction works really well with SS, but can the titanium models be used with the induction heater?

Titanium tip works with IH but is more heavily weighed towards convection than conduction.

analytika,
Reactions: Ricardo

DirtyD

Same here.MDing never quite satisfies me .
Also I use the same amount like you,more or less .
Sometimes might be .4 gr dia ,other times it climbs up to .8 gr dia.
But ,yeah,my average comsumption with the VC is .6 gr/dia ,
which is rather great ( 4,2 gr per week ).
When I used to do joints (always mixed with tobacco ) my average weekly
comsumption was more than 10 grams :ko:
(Assuming load quality remains at same level ) .
Small but important detail : The "high" from vaporising is far more "vivid" ,"crystal clear" ,"crisp" and of course longer lasting,than the high induced by the poisonous and harmful "mixed" greek joints.

Cheers.
Completely agree sir. When I finally stopped combustion completely, ( last April/May ) 1. Took almost a month to purge that gross 'lack of o2 to brain' feeling that I associated with the cannabis high. Yes now feeling clearer (yet just as devasting) even psychedelic type highs i never got from j's. 2 .no shit vapcap got me COMPLETELY off of burning cannabis flowers-George's miracle Genius design is the perfect GateWay to f ing combustion for good. The vC ended up being just what I needed at the time. Now some sort of vC and my trusty fury clone is all I need. Except more custom vC stems and hopefully an Ed' s Woodscents one good day. So stoked. Cheers to all!:science: D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom