Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If the dynavap BF sale was 20% which is a good sale, the Omni XL would cost $148 + $7 ship so if shipping is included with the used one it's the same $155 price. The difference of used vs. new is merely if you want to wait a month for the sale or not. As long as the cap has not been damaged, the body or condenser should be in new condition, or at least like-new. But I'll yield to the more experienced members to chime in & confirm.

Are there any extras included like extra o-rings or screens?
I mean the whole thing is titanium isn't it? It's easy enough to get thoroughly cleaned. The cap would be the biggest issue I guess, just making sure it hasn't been overheated to the point where it's broken like George says they can. For what it's worth I still have the cap that came with the OG glass VapCap from the first or second run when the thread started, and the patina on it is waaay worse than anything posted in the thread. Some people were talking about how pretty theirs were after heavy use and I was left wondering how mine got so ugly :lol: it's to the point where I would occasionally update George with pictures/videos of how bad it looked and how it refused to fail, giving consistent clicks over and over. I can't imagine the titanium body or condenser being damaged much if at all? Certainly you'd have to try to damage them to the point where they're not usable. I don't think the units come with extra o-rings or the such either. As long as everything is there and the rings and screen aren't damaged it should be as good as new and a decent deal at $155.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I find the bowl annoying to clean out of my M once the metal cools down all the way. I blow out the rest of the dust particles once I dump my load out.

But sometimes I go too overboard and forget that there's still a load in there...:doh:

DirtyD

A cap that has only seen a PIH , no torch, is slowly turning from factory silver color to a golden color. From tip end on down the cap. Hmm. With a lot of excessive use (testing ) I wonder what colors it will eventually turn or reveal. Anyone else have a cap that has only been used with an induction heater? Cheers, D.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A cap that has only seen a PIH , no torch, is slowly turning from factory silver color to a golden color. From tip end on down the cap. Hmm. With a lot of excessive use (testing ) I wonder what colors it will eventually turn or reveal. Anyone else have a cap that has only been used with an induction heater? Cheers, D.

How about a shot of your golden PIH induced cap, a precious beauty, I bet? :spliff:
Is 155 a good price for a used Omni xl? Or should I wait for Black Friday deals ?

Why wait. Seller prolly has some wiggle room.

Jethro

Is there any way to get the OG glass vapcaps anymore? I like the idea of the airpaths being glass.

I loved my OG caps but broke three of them. I don't see any glass bodies available anywhere so I doubt there are any OG's being sold anymore.

I think everyone who wants to use their VC with water should have a Nonavong. It really does make it simple to just drop it in. I moved my xring to block the air hole so I don't have to hold the VC when in glass. So, with this config, and a JarHead, getting altered is a simple quick potentially one handed process. Sealed with a smile... :D

I got a Omnivong and it's the most amazing piece I've owned yet. Set it and forget it.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I'm in the same boat. Sitting with the M and wanting the TI tips from all of the others. I'm thinking of going with a nonavong because of the ability to out of the box go on my water pieces. Plus the wood looks super pretty :love:
I don't care too much about the adjustable airflow since there's carbs on almost every single dynavap there is, that's how I feel about it until I actually watch videos about it.

Then again, I don't really want to fork out the money to get a mouthpiece. But that's my opinion :lol:

My first 'Cap was / is an Omni. I'm not sorry I got it, and it's not my favorite: the M (sb) is my favorite. It is perfect function, refined. I sometimes find the Omni too...fiddly by contrast.

Had I started w/ the M (not available at the time) I might not have an Omni yet; I'd probably be okay with that for awhile, knowing what I know now.

Omni is a fine, fine thing; it's not for everyone. Trying to decide if it *might* be The One before your first date is - a lot to expect. Omni will be there when you're ready.

alex91

My first 'Cap was / is an Omni. I'm not sorry I got it, and it's not my favorite: the M (sb) is my favorite. It is perfect function, refined. I sometimes find the Omni too...fiddly by contrast.

Had I started w/ the M (not available at the time) I might not have an Omni yet; I'd probably be okay with that for awhile, knowing what I know now.

Omni is a fine, fine thing; it's not for everyone. Trying to decide if it *might* be The One before your first date is - a lot to expect. Omni will be there when you're ready.

Why do you prefer the M over the Omni?

alex91,
Reactions: Squiby

Hippie

Anyone use a VC with no condenser?

Yes I do

I use glass pipes with cork adapters I cut and sand to fit the bowl and drill out to hold the tip
(and heat with an induction heater :) )

It's the best tasting Vapcap experience I've found :sherlock:

Can any1 point me to any glass slider pipes, one hitters, lilly pipes, lufka, lufki, cigarette holders, taster pipes, blunts ..... with a carb hole. An 8mm bowl would be nice too but bigger is OK too as I have more corks and a few different size o rings.
There's plenty of choice out there for the carbless lovers but I'm struggling to find any with a carb hole.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
The thermal response of the steel tip is more in sync w/ my internal sense of timing, where heating is concerned, and with my smoking rhythms 'between the clicks', to mention just two. Omni is less predictable for me so far, it heats up faster than I expect, it cools faster - but not enough to evade combustion.

If you'll pardon a parallel analogy, it's like the difference between an old manual SLR and one of the new, option-laden DSLRs: despite the lack of automation and general settings, my old manual (Nikon F) quickly became second nature, and handled easily in changing conditions, almost without thought. The newer cameras are more complicated (for me) to adjust.

TL;DR == when I just want to bust a 'Cap-ful, I reach for M; when I feel like chasing possibilities, I reach for Omni.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@Quetzalcoatl show us that cap!

@metaknight cant you use the cap to get the junk outta the bowl? I always use my cap to cash my bowls with no issue.
I've been so sick since Thursday (that's what I get for hanging out with a lot of family!!) I didn't even realize I posted in here....

Yeah here's the last one I sent George a while back...

It's pretty much... black. Like it has a big ol' black line where the "digger" end meets the "skirt" part of the bottom of the cap (the part that goes into the VC). Looks like the end of a chicken leg that gets cooked too much and starts to turn into carbon :lol: This was from a while ago and only got darker, yet would not give up the ghost! In fact I still have that cap kicking on one of the glass VapCaps even...

PGtm5Jc.jpg

Mr.Sifter

what do you think?
I want a Vapcap M and I want to pair it with a bubbler.

To buy a M and a nonavong body or direct buy a nonavong vapcap ?

Mr.Sifter,

passenger

is this thing on?
what do you think?
I want a Vapcap M and I want to pair it with a bubbler.

To buy a M and a nonavong body or direct buy a nonavong vapcap ?

I think it's like this: The Nonavong Body won't fit on the M condenser, instead you need a Nonavong stem. Please, can anyone confirm? I haven't done much Lego yet. :) But the Nonavong body fits very beautiful on a normal sized Omnivap. :) If what I said is true, where do we europeans get these stems?

Top Bottom