Sir-vapes-a-lot

My model m arrived today. Thanks whoever mentioned cleaning before use, there was a surprising quantity of metallic dust in there. All cleaned up now and had its first test run.

My mflb went swimming a few years ago and never got around to replacing it, but its the only other portable vape I've used.

The m appears much more effective and is considerably smaller too.

I like it!

Squiby

But you would need a body not a stem on the xl or xls condenser to allow for the spinning mp, right?

The XL condenser will accommodate a 79mm configuration. For example...
- a 62mm M stem plus a 17mm spinning mouthpiece
- a 62mm straight stem plus a 17mm spinning mouthpiece
- a 62mm VonG stem plus a 17mm spinning mouthpiece

The XL condenser is too long for any body.

Prudencii

Wait, I don't need to use a condenser? And if I ditch the condenser, I'll get more reclaim? Sounds good to me.

What does the condenser even do?

Prudencii,
Reactions: DirtyD

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
@metaknight - just saw you post on the Solo 2 thread. Whilst the Solo 2 improves over the old version I would still go for the TI tipped Vapcap over it and with the change I would recommend you buy a Jarhead or Portslide from @Pipes - that way you don't need to spend so much on butane!

I appreciate your input, although my needs are quite different than what the TI tipped vapcap can offer even with an induction heater. I can't think of a good place to put it in my car.

metaknight,

Kalessin

Wait, I don't need to use a condenser? And if I ditch the condenser, I'll get more reclaim? Sounds good to me.

It condenses.:rofl:I think the primary purpose is to focus the vapor flow into one small area to make it easier to clean compared to having to scrape the inside of the stem. I don't think not having a condenser makes it produce more reclaim, just spreads it around more

Last edited:

Squiby

I think that the Vapcap condenser has three functions; structure, performance and maintenance.

Structure. The condenser ties the Vapcap together. It tucks up inside the tip then runs the full length of the midsection and secures the mouthpiece at the other end. Regular condensers are held in place and centered with a couple or a few xrings.

The Omni condenser is more robust and complex. It fits tightly inside and reinforces the midsection creating an increased density to the Omni to the extent that it can withstand being run over with an SUV...Repeatedly.

Performance. The condenser serves as a heat exchanger to condense and cool the vapor. As you manipulate the air port on the midsection, cool fresh air flows down between the midsection and the condenser. As it reaches the tip, it turns 180° and turbulence is created that pulls vapor from the tip. The fresh air cools the vapor as they travel up the condenser to the mp.

Omni condenser has an additional function in that it threads onto the mouthpiece and can be adjusted to dual in a set it and forget it air flow.

Maintenance. The condenser provides an easy to clean component for vapor residue and your midsection remains clean.

Can you use a Vapcap without a condenser? Sure, if you have an aftermarket midsection with its own condenser or liner. Or if you have no need of a spinning mouthpiece. Or, if you don't mind resin accumulating on the inside of your midsection. And of course, if you're not wowed by the mechanics and seduced by the science of it all.

The Vapcap performs any which way you want to use it as long as you have a tip and a cap. Individuals will appreciate the unique nuances of their own personal technique. Each is different. As different as the person driving the show. That's the magic of a Vapcap; each of us is doing it right.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings!

The hot weather is now past. I even saw a few snow flakes in the air today.
We have spent a good part of the past month or two working on improving our production and quality control processes.
One example was finding a better way to get our parts cleaner. It seems like such a simple thing, and cleaning a few parts is. Now clean a few dozen parts, and do it consistently. Then train someone else how to do it. Well now it requires a procedure. Like how many parts to clean and with what tools, then how often to change cleaning solution at what temperature etc. So now this procedure needs to be written, and clearly explained. This is only the beginning, as now it becomes clear we need a procedure for effectively every step we take on every part we make. And it doesn't end with making parts. :)
How little did I know back in the beginning, and it seems like every day I am presented with another opportunity to come to this same conclusion. But it is all good, because I really like learning, and this adventure has presented me with some fast paced educational experiences.

On another note some design changes are in the works.
Here is one of them. This is our attempt at some universal instructions.
Please look them over and let me know your thoughts.

DynaVap_Instructions_Inside_10262017_zpsnhfgvtto.jpg

Time for some fun?
Halloween tonight. Here is what I wore.

IMG_20171023_165145305_zpsf4nnfapa.jpg

It was designed and developed here in Madison this summer and they are called wacky dancers. I was happy to support the inventors, one of which I've worked with on other projects.

I hope by now most everyone has received their sand blasted M.
This was a fun experiment in surface modification. Thank you Jason!
It sure is interesting how such a small change in the surface structure can have such a profound effect on the way a device feels and how it interfaces with the person using it.
What can we do next?

Cheers,

George

KC2K

@VapCap bit of a strange one but here it goes. I've been trying to show my wife lots of different vapes and thanks to this forum i found vapcaps! She absolutely loves the principle, she loves the way it looks and all the other good stuff that everyone else says. I'm planing on getting her a dark wood Ti asap... She's up for it.

BUT... she pointed out how masculine vaporisers in general are. She would love to see a more feminine look or styling some how. To me this would perhaps be colour??? What do you think??? Would it be possible to powder coat or paint say an M or Omni??? I'm not saying baby blue or pink, but a more tasteful colour or colour combination... say hues of purple and violate or lavender?

Anyway I hope this gives you food for thought. Even though probably more men than women vaporise there must be a market for this.

Another idea is to make it more disabled friendly. I have problems with fine movement and grip which is why I never considered butane vaporisers. I can't heat and vape at the same time (stuck to one handed techniques) but you solved this already, hence why I want a vapcap. But how about one that is some how easier for someone like me to take apart, clean, load etc. I'm not sure how but will have a think and get back to you. Another thought is some sort of holder that means I can just concentrate on heating it one handed than get down to the good stuff of vaporising with it :)

I hope that give you some alternative ideas! Please send me a message if any take your interest :D

Regards form the other side of the pond :D

MinnBobber

George,
on "How to", #4, could you have two tracks-- "hotter click" with flame near digger and "cooler click" with flame near tip (maybe shows better with a 2 flame torch as your inline 3 leaves no room for variance?
#5 - could you have dual track: "denser vapor" shown with airport closed by fingertip and "cooler vapor": shown with fingertip next to airport?
#6 - could you label "cool down clicks"?

Cleaning and care: #1, could you label "digger" with a line or arrow to it? Or another name for digger?
#2- can you use something besides "click" as that should be reserved for heat/cool clicks IMO? Like "pops out" and arrow to CCD popping out?
5 and 6, I can't read what's on green thingy??
8 again, something like "snaps into place" instead of "click" (keep click reserved for heatup and cooldown!).

Placement of numbered info boxes: I always like "left to right" numbering and not the drop down from right (like the cleaning #5,6,7,8. I much prefer 7 under 5, read one line all the way to right (5 and 6), then start next line on left 7 and then 8. We are trained to always flow left to right, drop down to left etc

I saw hundreds of costumes tonight. We volunteered at a city park halloween event and saw lots of cute kids having fun

KC2K

@Summer loving the colour selection you picked :D Mine was just off the top of my head ;) I'm a bloke so don't think my opinion on colours count ha ha.

I've also seen the IH but I really like the idea of fire and lighters ;) As an ex-smoker it has a certain appeal although I have no problem at all with the awesome IH's I've seen on the thread you pointed out :D They look way cool and definitely would be something I would find easy to use. It does take a little away from the flexibility of being able to use the VC anywhere.

Anyway, great suggestion!

Edited: Personally I would like to see a burnished brass or copper VC. I love that kind of Victorian or steampunk inspired look :D

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@KC2K Well, Pipes is coming out with 40% smaller version. I have the full size & I take it in the car with me all the time.

And you can even make something like this: (*I have this mod & bought the kanthal wire & now I just need an RDA.)

or this:

94de9cb8ef9b75d353d20fab5b603d8e.jpg

Here's a pic from @M0J0 who made his own copper stem:

SAtLhvm.jpg

Last edited:

KC2K

@Summer wow that is awesome!!!!!!!! I want me one of them!!!! That would be ideal. My level of dexterity varies so something the size from the video would be ideal :D

Apologies for my ignorance at what is out there ;)

KC2K,
Reactions: Summer

kushkush

happy camper....
Greetings!

What can we do next?

Cheers,

George

First, thanks for what you’ve already done! :nod: And now, I’d really like to have a Concentrates bowl or whatever it’s called to put inside the basket that’ll keep it all contained there. Of course it’d be really really small so it shouldn’t take you more than a half-day or so to make. Which means we could order it by tomorrow evening if you get busy, like really quick. :D

Summer

Long Island, NY
First, thanks for what you’ve already done! :nod: And now, I’d really like to have a Concentrates bowl or whatever it’s called to put inside the basket that’ll keep it all contained there. Of course it’d be really really small so it shouldn’t take you more than a half-day or so to make. Which means we could order it by tomorrow evening if you get busy, like really quick. :D

:rofl:

Top Bottom