mucsusn

60 going on 20
Anyways. I've been trying to get a torch lighter for my M, but it seems like that is a hard thing to buy at physical stores. I've located a couple of stores that I can look for torch lighters but I'm assuming the price is going to be high because they are in headshops.

I've been trying the feathering method, it's really harsh compared to just riding the carb! But man does it produce vapor :love:
Like @WoodVillain said, find your local cigar/tobacco shop. I’ve also gotten good results at e-cig focused vape shops. I get nice triples from a local vape shop for 10 bucks per. I always hand out a full one when I gift an M.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
But aren't lighters and the induction heaters, accessories for, and directly relating to the VC?

This:

My take on it was always that accessories specifically for the vape, like o-rings and screens are up for conversation on the main device thread but separate products like torches and butane are not although it's generally overlooked.

WoodVillain: Some discussion of the right type of lighter is inevitable and on-topic. Prolonged discussion of the merits of various brands and models is out of place here.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Like @WoodVillain said, find your local cigar/tobacco shop. I’ve also gotten good results at e-cig focused vape shops. I get nice triples from a local vape shop for 10 bucks per. I always hand out a full one when I gift an M.

I've really been liking my butane torch, it makes nice large clouds without sacrificing speed of heat-up time. I would like to get myself a single-flame torch for on-the-go usage for my M. Maybe even purchase a second M for my car or something, who knows :lol:

metaknight,
Reactions: kushkush

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
At the airport in London, heading to Amsterdam for the weekend with a friend and fellow herb fan..

Looking forward to the menu selections of herb available.. A real treat for us in the uk..

It's my friends birthday, so i just gave him an M & lighter in a tin with magnet..

easy photo upload

It's gonna be a good weekend

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

At the airport in London, heading to Amsterdam for the weekend with a friend and fellow herb fan..

Looking forward to the menu selections of herb available.. A real treat for us in the uk..

It's my friends birthday, so i just gave him an M & lighter in a tin with magnet..

easy photo upload

Have a good one @mrb.
Nice tin! Did you make the wooden insert yourself? I've got a couple of Altoid tins that I want to pimp and I might just have to copy yours!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

easy photo upload

Curious to know if in these times it is OK to carry "aromatherapy" devices thru Heathrow/Gatwick?
Too nice to lose to inquisitive boobies.:cool:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A-cute case of/for VapCap love

o9KFT9W.jpg

Dynalowrider

Isn't that a fossil hunter's test to see if it's bone or not?
What do I know, I'm an electrician. Just asking. Doc

Edit: Now my brain hurts. I just learned more than I really wanted to know about meerschaum, and I still don't know how to test for meerschaum.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey now everyone! Glad to see things chugging along here in VCland. The surgery wasn't quite the success we were hoping, surgeon said the degeneration is worse IRL than was apparent in the fMRI. They did the keyhole procedure and shaved 3 vertebrae that were impinging a nerve bundle and we'll doing a bigger, longer, more invasive surgery later. We talk more in 3 months, the NHS tends to start with the least invasive and then go more aggressive. Shouldn't really be a huge surprise to me as it is a degenerative skeletal disease. Just hoping I guess, I'll just keep shrinking! Thanks so much to all here, this thread really does reaffirm one's faith in folks and it means more than you know. This place lifts my spirits so often, can't explain it better than that. I've been experimenting with kief-dusted reclaim on hemp fibre in the M the last two days, so much vapor produced - more hits per tiny load than I anticipated for sure! Thanks DynaVap.

Mr. Me2

Donno. @Mr. Me2

Put something non-porous to your tongue, like plastic, it falls off. This
holder sticks to your tongue, like suction.

So, iffin you tell me how to test another way, I am all ears. :mmmm: Luv your hair do. I do.
So you made me do some quick meerschaum research and naturally it isn't straightforward.

Mostly about block vs. pressed meerschaum. And a non-scientific test with a wet finger to see if its sticky. I didn't see any tongue test, and I'm not sure we want to hear where you're sticking yours, @stark1 ... :p

I do know that old and used meerschaum can show age by its color. It can absorb oils from touching and in pipes, the bowl darkens from use. That could be a tip off for you.

Either way, it looks really nice, and another creative vapcap!

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Here's a thing (or two?) about meerschaum:

The attractive patina of age these things take on is due to the tars & other combustion by-products carried in the smoke...which get sucked into the porous material. This means it will suck up your reclaim / un-lunged resin - possibly even 'diluting' the potency/quality of your vapor..

It also means meerschaum is impossible to clean: y'all may end up with gunked-up works and no way to rehabilitate them.

I remember a burst of meerschaum coveting around 35-40 years ago. It didn't last long.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well said. I wonder do any Vapcappers have any recirculation techniques/devices that get you even more from baked from so little? A friend of mine uses a Volcano baloon to exhale into and then rebreaths the exhaled vapor.
Visual vapor in your exhale being a waste of vapor is an age old (like with smoke) argument that won't be solved here. I have always said anything exhaled is wasted but the argument is a waste of breath (HA). ;)
I would, however, highly disrecommend what your friend does. He may be getting higher, but it is from oxygen deprivation. Breathing into the balloon is producing mostly carbon dioxide, and that is then what he is breathing in, not oxygen. There are lots of ways to get high, this is probably not the best...:uhh:
Staggered exhale is probably a better bet. Take a big hit, breath out 20% of your air and take another breath. Let out 40% and take another breath, etc.

But like I say, age old argument.

Added:
So if there is overflowing abundance, as there SHOULD be with ganja, then nothing is actually wasted, almost by definition.

If only this were the world _I_ lived in...

Final addition: Just thought I would mention that this was a couple page catch up and I was NOT ignoring our moderator extraordinaire... :o

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Wow been awhile since dropping into FC, my VAS is cured via Dynavap and SBL lol. This thread has been open since 2015 with 21,000 posts and 1.5 million views, compare that to the Magic Box in 2009 with 26,000 posts and 3.4 million views... yeah things are progressing pretty good for Dynavap I see. :D

Stay lifted friends! :rockon:

shredder

Donno. @Mr. Me2

Put something non-porous to your tongue, like plastic, it falls off. This
holder sticks to your tongue, like suction.

So, iffin you tell me how to test another way, I am all ears. :mmmm: Luv your hair do. I do.

I'm pretty darn sure my cigarette holder is all plastic. I did this test and the "stickiness" between the stem and plastic mouthpiece is identical. And it definately has plastic couplings holding each section together. Mine has three couplings. It's been a while since I've held one, but I think the meerschaum pipes I've held sure seem heavier than this ciggarrett holder. And then of course there is the price, these holders are pretty cheap for carved meerschaum. And finally I smeared some resin off my omni condenser on the meerschaum and it wiped right off. I'd bet it's plastic.

Hey now everyone! Glad to see things chugging along here in VCland. The surgery wasn't quite the success we were hoping, surgeon said the degeneration is worse IRL than was apparent in the fMRI. They did the keyhole procedure and shaved 3 vertebrae that were impinging a nerve bundle and we'll doing a bigger, longer, more invasive surgery later. We talk more in 3 months, the NHS tends to start with the least invasive and then go more aggressive. Shouldn't really be a huge surprise to me as it is a degenerative skeletal disease. Just hoping I guess, I'll just keep shrinking! Thanks so much to all here, this thread really does reaffirm one's faith in folks and it means more than you know. This place lifts my spirits so often, can't explain it better than that. I've been experimenting with kief-dusted reclaim on hemp fibre in the M the last two days, so much vapor produced - more hits per tiny load than I anticipated for sure! Thanks DynaVap.

I'm glad your doing OK, but wish the news was better! I have an idea what your going through. I've had four back surgeries myself. My last one, they had to rebuild my dura, its what holds your spinal fluid. Mine had scar tissue grow into it from previouus surgeries. No fun.

Top Bottom