Dank_Star

In space no one can hear you purr.
I'm surprised the double jet torch isn't more popular? Any big fans?
I'm still a relative newcomer to VCs and for the last couple of weeks I've been experimenting with double and triple torches with my nonavong and M. I tend to keep my VCs just above the outer blue flames when heating (fear of damaging the caps) With this technique I generally get lighter vapour but also an extra hit or two. Its easier to be more specific and 'nuanced' with a single jet and as I'm happier to hold my VCs closer to a single flame, denser vapour ensues.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

Visual comfirmation...I think that's part of the attraction of using my VCs with glass, seeing the vapour stack up.
I understand what you are saying its just that I see the same people (who shall remain anonymous) on this thread, the arizer threads and S+B threads going on about lack of clouds and whether or not the units are any good without ever having tried them and its starting to get on my wick. There are 100s of pages with positive comments, lauding the products. Yet these same nameless people will read all the positive comments and then choose to only believe the infrequent negative comments usually made by people who are using their vapes incorrectly! :bang:
Anyway - rant over - I'm gonna Dynavap n chill! Have a good day all.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Actually exhaling big vapor clouds is counterproductive enough.
Those "big vapor clouds" are actually "juice" that is being wasted into thin air .

Whether the vaporising unit is producing visible amounts of vapor or not ,
the user should exhale as little (visble or not ) vapor as possible.

Still,I 've pretty good reasons to trust that units producing lots of visisble vapor,
tend to issue the psycortropic effects of cannabis quite faster than the units
producing vapor in a more "gentle" manner .

So ,while it may be that the production of visual vapor clouds is possible indication of the vaporising unit's "speed" efficiency,if the user chooses whether to absorb or to spread those clouds all over the ambient atmosphere,is indicative of the user's practices efficiency.

Cheers.
:science:

Smokey McVape

Actually exhaling big vapor clouds is counterproductive enough.
Those "big vapor clouds" are actually "juice" that is being wasted into thin air .

Whether the vaporising unit is producing visible amounts of vapor or not ,
the user should exhale as little (visble or not ) vapor as possible.

Still,I 've pretty good reasons to trust that units producing lots of visisble vapor,
tend to issue the psycortropic effects of cannabis quite faster than the units
producing vapor in a more "gentle" manner .

So ,while it may be that the production of visual vapor clouds is possible indication of the vaporising unit's "speed" efficiency,if the user chooses whether to absorb or to spread those clouds all over the ambient atmosphere,is indicative of the user's practices efficiency.

Cheers.
:science:
Well said. I wonder do any Vapcappers have any recirculation techniques/devices that get you even more from baked from so little? A friend of mine uses a Volcano baloon to exhale into and then rebreaths the exhaled vapor.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I bought a tall bong from dhgate specifically for my Vapcaps. Watching the vapour stream out of the bottom end of the vape like a thick jet of ink in water is part of the enjoyment for me. However, I don’t waste it by blowing it out as a cloud. I do my best to “Ghost” all the vapour and hold it in. This way I get to see the cloud but keep my efficiency and me high.

I recommend getting a piece of glass that lets you see the vapour production. It will satisfy the need for visual confirmation.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
" Therefore, it can be safely assumed that the significant increase in bioavailability can be achieved by optimizing the process of inhalation itself; for example it has been proven that even switching from smoking cigarettes to a pipe (which produces less smoke) has increased the amount of THC to enter the lungs [1]. Very good results can be also achieved with the use of vaporizer [3-5], the crucial factor here being the vaporization temperature and the amount of raw material in the chamber [6]. Generally speaking, the higher the temperature, the more cannabinoids are vaporized (especially since some of them boil in very high temperatures – like CBG that requires over 200° C to vaporize). Of course the rise in temperature also speeds up the degradation processes, but as the degradation curve rises slower than the level of cannabinoids effectively vaporized, the rule of thumb remains: the higher the temperature, the better.
Efficiency-wise, it is also worth noting that the efficiency of vaporization per gram is the higher the less raw material is in the filling chamber in the beginning. "

http://cannabigold.pl/en/knowledge/bioavailability-of-cannabinoids-inhalation-26/
http://www.ccic.net/index.php?id=132,742,0,0,1,0

gimmiemore

I think we can all agree that vaping is a very personalized experience, really from all levels, from the vaporizer you use, the material, amount of material, different ways to use each vape, amount of experience, I can go on and on.

tldr; Vaping is awesome.

To keep on topic, my M is on its way, than I will have a new toy to play with :D

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I THINK cloud chasers see visible clouds as the ability of the vaporizer to produce.

if I'm hitting something on 400, but there is no visible exhale, there is something wrong with the vape, the technique, or its just a bullshit vape

I used to be one of those people who held in the hit until it was ghost and still do when I vape in public around others, but I don't feel it does much for my over all state, besides mixing in a little light-headedness in the buzz

a few seconds is all it takes...unless I'm wrong?

but I don't see how anyone could refute the mighty or the solo' s ability to produce vapor correctly

The DV can be a little different, because it's not automated and producing no clouds is ALL user and/or their selection of torch

kushkush

happy camper....
Why does everyone go on about clouds? I don't vape to blow big clouds (if you want huge clouds buy an ecig) I vape to get high and clouds are just a by-product of being medicated.

Unless there is vapor, there’s no real ‘hit’. I get no effect from it if there’s no vapor but when there’s vapor there’s a good effect with the hit and the bigger the vapor the more/stronger hits. Sometimes I feel like I’m wasting vapor because it’s too much for one person. And I never want to be ‘sky high’, but just medicated with a micro-dose. I’m going to try a 1/2 bowl one of these days. Don’t want to waste any herb.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Single, double, quad. Don't use the quad for anything, maybe for fun with a glass VapCap. It's kinda decent for those low-temp nail hits though surprisingly. The single I usually use at home, the double has more power so I would use it when I wanted to go mobile. Nice thing about the doubles is if you hold it parallel it heats the whole cap but if you hold it perpendicular it acts like a stronger single torch.

Exactly! I think it was you or @SSVUN~YAH who mentioned using the torch in a perpendicular fashion sometime ago when I first got my triples. Somehow out of 7+ jet lighters I'm down to just one left though. I was thinking compared to a single, if you use a double jet in a perpendicular approach, it appears to envelop the cap from both sides, which should result in more even heating.

Here ...
A bit of help for ya !

Cheers.

Exactly, the way it envelopes both sides of the cap seems like it would achieve more even AVB. Maybe the Ti tip compensates for that already due to it's thermal conductivity and heat dispersion/dissipation. Having only used the glass model, my AVB was not always even. It's possible this is a non-issue with these upgraded models that I just can't relate to.

Dammit my VAS is killing me. I just got a Milaana but I feel this would get use and also benefit my life.

I might have to avoid this forum all of 2018 :lol:

Alexis

I took it to mean that vaporization efficiency is higher when you don't fill or pack the chamber. If you start out by vaping only a tiny amount, you will get higher proportionally than when vaping a full bowl.
Hello Squiby!:wave: That makes sense actually. I'm sure there are a number of mechanisms behind it, one surely being that there will be less loss of actives from conduction as the material will not be pressed against the edges so much and there will be overall less surface contact.

Could be wrong about that of course, but I have always felt that there will be inevitable loss of some actives from the conduction aspect of the vapcaps.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
What exactly does @stardustsailor mean by “the higher the less raw material....”?

Efficiency-wise, it is also worth noting that the efficiency of vaporization per gram is the higher the less raw material is in the filling chamber in the beginning. "

The whole sentence in context......Efficiency will increase with a less dense load of material in a given chamber size. Let's say you get 85% of the good stuff with a light load. Pack it more tightly and you won't get the same profile of goodies/material. Thermal transfer, airflow, all kinds of nuances, but seems logical.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sometimes I feel like I’m wasting vapor because it’s too much for one person. And I never want to be ‘sky high’, but just medicated with a micro-dose. I’m going to try a 1/2 bowl one of these days. Don’t want to waste any herb.

Perhaps you could share it with Bandit. :doh:

I would sometimes share with Moose, my lab, but Moose
is always hungry, 24/7....:popcorn:, as am I.

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....
I took it to mean that vaporization efficiency is higher when you don't fill or pack the chamber. If you start out by vaping only a tiny amount, you will get higher proportionally than when vaping a full bowl.

Thanks to @Squiby and all others that gave their input on this. :) I need to drive somewhere in a few minutes so will try loading maybe a half-chamber when I get back home just to see what happens. I’ll report on my results later.

Top Bottom