Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
No need to hold sideways, plug straight into water pipe and inhale!

The metal mesh works okay, but like porous ceramic, the negative is you are always hitting reclaim and residual material every hit; compared to something which can be hit with a Q-tip and like new again.
What about heating it? Hold it upright and use a 90 degree piece or adapter if it's not 90 degrees? With the cup wouldn't you still be hitting reclaim after the first hit? Unless you put a dab small enough to vaporize in one hit. It would also render Pipes' induction heater useless... I wonder if the clicker would be able to withstand that kind of abuse to get the cap and cup hot enough to vaporize a whole dab. I wonder if you can't just take a cap and cut off the actual crimped part to use the cap body as a heat shield thing, and heat up the tip like that with the cup inside and actually dab off it like a nail :lol: I think that's the only way a cup would work and not have to deal with reclaim hits.

Are you using a concentrate pad? I use reshaped mighty concentrate pads and they work reasonably well. Not like my enail, but acceptable.

I have the XL omni and I'm sold on xl's now. They just fit my big hands better. XLM is on my watch list.
I think he wants a modified DabCap (I'm registering that don't steal my idea George!!!) that vaporizes the whole dab in one hit. The S&B pads work great and there's enough material there to be set for a long time.

image]

marduk

daydreamer
I really, REALLY want to know how the omni would look sandblasted...:love:

They did some blasted/matte Omnivap bodies of the earlier style last year. Most people preferred the shiny version back then. I think it would be really interesting if they could do an alternating matte/shiny pattern like a checkerboard on the facets of the new style body.

Here's a pic and a link to @b0 post with more pics.

w1BnNy7.jpg

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-199#post-986719

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are you using a concentrate pad? I use reshaped mighty concentrate pads and they work reasonably well. Not like my enail, but acceptable.

I have the XL omni and I'm sold on xl's now. They just fit my big hands better. XLM is on my watch list.

Well my VC broke the other day (I've only ever used the glass one) but I was using the S&B pads. Maybe it was due to the glass tip versus metal, but I never was able to really get flavor + clouds like my wax atomizers, it was always one or the other. I always read about you and squiby having good luck with concentrates in the VC though. The XL looks nice, when do you reach for your M over the Omni?

What about heating it? Hold it upright and use a 90 degree piece or adapter if it's not 90 degrees? With the cup wouldn't you still be hitting reclaim after the first hit? Unless you put a dab small enough to vaporize in one hit. It would also render Pipes' induction heater useless... I wonder if the clicker would be able to withstand that kind of abuse to get the cap and cup hot enough to vaporize a whole dab. I wonder if you can't just take a cap and cut off the actual crimped part to use the cap body as a heat shield thing, and heat up the tip like that with the cup inside and actually dab off it like a nail :lol: I think that's the only way a cup would work and not have to deal with reclaim hits.

I think he wants a modified DabCap (I'm registering that don't steal my idea George!!!) that vaporizes the whole dab in one hit. The S&B pads work great and there's enough material there to be set for a long time.

I used to use my OG vapcap in a 45 degree water tool and it worked fine, but that was with the SS mesh of course. I like the porous ceramic better, would be cool to see pre-sized ceramic capsules for the VC interior. They usually get gunked up quicker than SS mesh pads, but that's because I think most of the porous ceramic designs are using too tight of a porosity, especially when compared to S&B mesh pads. I also found it fairly difficult to remove the mesh pod when I wanted to switch to flowers, I guess that's why so many folks have plenty of redundancy caps around for safety assurance :haw:

shredder

Well my VC broke the other day (I've only ever used the glass one) but I was using the S&B pads. Maybe it was due to the glass tip versus metal, but I never was able to really get flavor + clouds like my wax atomizers, it was always one or the other. I always read about you and squiby having good luck with concentrates in the VC though. The XL looks nice, when do you reach for your M over the Omni?

I used to use my OG vapcap in a 45 degree water tool and it worked fine, but that was with the SS mesh of course. I like the porous ceramic better, would be cool to see pre-sized ceramic capsules for the VC interior. They usually get gunked up quicker than SS mesh pads, but that's because I think most of the porous ceramic designs are using too tight of a porosity, especially when compared to S&B mesh pads. I also found it fairly difficult to remove the mesh pod when I wanted to switch to flowers, I guess that's why so many folks have plenty of redundancy caps around for safety assurance :haw:

I reach for my M when I'm in my grow room. That's where I keep it for sampling buds mostly. I keep the omni either in my house or in my pocket. I do like the M, but I like the omni better. A XLM might change that tho.

For concentrates in my grow room I use my sic halo. It's the best I have for concentrates. I love it.

I hear ya on concentrate pad limitations. There not perfect. I do rotate a couple to keep them cleaner, but the taste fades as you keep hitting it. I also have a pen with a ceramic atomizer, but IMHO the vapcap hits harder and tastes about the same. I keep the pen on my nightstand for insomnia, but I rarely hit it.

JetHead

No way I can read 800+ pages... anyone have a way to use less material in the "M"? I haven't bought one yet and affordability is a concern for the time being. I prefer to microdose and the bowl on the "M" seems a bit big if I want to use .1 or less. How much dried material typically fits in the M?

I use a Solo as my daily driver and typically use .1 or .05 with a domed screen. Is the bowl on the M similar is size? I hate buying anything on the internet because I always prefer to touch/handle/see what I'm buying. Anyone know of a retailer in the Chicago area?

Thank you.

JetHead,
Reactions: kushkush

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You needn't read 800 pages if you don't want to. 50 pages would have answered your questions and quite a bit more.

If you don't want to read the thread, just read the links in @Squiby posts. She is a major microdoser and loves to share what she knows...

And BTW, it is impossible to put much more than .1g into a VapCap. My loose loads in a full VC tip are around .07g most of the time.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No way I can read 800+ pages... anyone have a way to use less material in the "M"? I haven't bought one yet and affordability is a concern for the time being. I prefer to microdose and the bowl on the "M" seems a bit big if I want to use .1 or less. How much dried material typically fits in the M?

I use a Solo as my daily driver and typically use .1 or .05 with a domed screen. Is the bowl on the M similar is size? I hate buying anything on the internet because I always prefer to touch/handle/see what I'm buying. Anyone know of a retailer in the Chicago area?

Thank you.

Some people just put a small nug in and enjoy the results. Or half filling the bowl and tapping it down will work well if you don't bang the dynavap around too much as you heat and toke. . .

For a method to properly reduce the bowl size - see a previous post of mine. . #20298

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Thank you.

I would consider upping to a Ti tipped model with adjustable CCD positions for maximum microdosing ease.

Sinnoah

The cap is pretty fragile! Just dropped it and dent the top. The click seems to be working but should I be concerned long term?

Sinnoah,

JetHead

If you don't want to read the thread, just read the links in @Squiby posts. She is a major microdoser and loves to share what she knows...

And BTW, it is impossible to put much more than .1g into a VapCap. My loose loads in a full VC tip are around .07g most of the time.

I'll read her posts. Appreciate the link and reference source.

Thanks for your input people.

GottaLight

My Opinion:
Pipes Heaters are an absolute necessity. The heat cycle is completely perfect and perfectly consistent each and every time. Lighters work and that’s a plus for hard times. But Pipes Portside made it possible while riding in a open air boat at 45 mph with a temperature in the 40’s F, and it was raining. Cannot do that with a lighter.......lol.

I have made numerous stems for my Dynavap’s.....some lined with stainless some without. Various woods. Still kept looking for the ultimate stem. Everything had a taste or it was too hot/dry making me have to drink a lot of fluids to quench the dry throat.

Then I remembered my favorite tobacco pipe of days gone by. It was special because it made the smoke cool, clean, and tasty. It was made from Meerschaum. Guess what? The Dyna
vap is exactly 8mm in diameter, which is the same diameter as a normal cigarette. So any normal size cigarette holder will hold the Dynavap. I have been using the Nash Meerschaum Cigarette Holder with amazing results. No more dry throat. It’s wonderful. Check out Meerschaum it’s the best yet. The flavor is exquisite.

http://www.thesmokingstore.com/nash-meerschaum-cigarette-holder/

kushkush

happy camper....
My Opinion:
Pipes Heaters are an absolute necessity. The heat cycle is completely perfect and perfectly consistent each and every time. Lighters work and that’s a plus for hard times. But Pipes Portside made it possible while riding in a open air boat at 45 mph with a temperature in the 40’s F, and it was raining. Cannot do that with a lighter.......lol.

I have made numerous stems for my Dynavap’s.....some lined with stainless some without. Various woods. Still kept looking for the ultimate stem. Everything had a taste or it was too hot/dry making me have to drink a lot of fluids to quench the dry throat.

Then I remembered my favorite tobacco pipe of days gone by. It was special because it made the smoke cool, clean, and tasty. It was made from Meerschaum. Guess what? The Dyna
vap is exactly 8mm in diameter, which is the same diameter as a normal cigarette. So any normal size cigarette holder will hold the Dynavap. I have been using the Nash Meerschaum Cigarette Holder with amazing results. No more dry throat. It’s wonderful. Check out Meerschaum it’s the best yet. The flavor is exquisite.

Nice orange. :)

Are you saying the length of the Meerschaum is right, too? So you just use that for a body, or stem? Which one? Please explain.

shredder

My Opinion:

Thanks! I just ordered a 6 inch cigarette holder.

Curious about how well it functions without a condenser or carb hole tho

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Thanks! I just ordered a 6 inch cigarette holder.

Curious about how well it functions without a condenser or carb hole tho
LexnNQJ.jpg

This is my 175mm Myrtle Burl and Blackwood from @phattpiggie. It does have a full length SS insert, but no carb hole, so I don't really look at it as a "condenser" in the true VC sense. But this beauty, combined with a @Pipes IH, is just the shit. Plain and simple. Prepare to be blotted and just stare at the figure in the wood. I'm a gigging musician, and one of my rituals is to pull this bad boy out when I come home from a weekend gig in my tux. Yeah, I'm a self indulgent hedonist..........

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
LexnNQJ.jpg

This is my 175mm Myrtle Burl and Blackwood from @phattpiggie. It does have a full length SS insert, but no carb hole, so I don't really look at it as a "condenser" in the true VC sense. But this beauty, combined with a @Pipes IH, is just the shit. Plain and simple. Prepare to be blotted and just stare at the figure in the wood. I'm a gigging musician, and one of my rituals is to pull this bad boy out when I come home from a weekend gig in my tux. Yeah, I'm a self indulgent hedonist..........
Fuckin stunning ! Jaw literally dropped

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Fuckin stunning ! Jaw literally dropped
No shit. I've got three of different woods and designs, and three more literally on the USPS truck from customs at JFK. And a fourth that I'm going to gift a colleague and friend (whom I turned on to VC's about 8 months ago) for her friendship and support. These things just up the VC experience in a major way.

Squiby

I've been using same cap across all my VapCaps. It's seen months of use by now. The patina is getting so dark, yet it still clicks like on day one. I really wonder how long these little caps can last.
Mine's 2 years old. No change in performance. I imagine that the caps could last indefinitely unless damaged or or subjected to chronic overheating, just like the bimetal strip that triggers your car's signal lights.

I am a bit afraid
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

A metal mesh would be best IMO, like the one the Crafty/mighty use. SS or Ti would work and not affect taste. I've always wondered why nobody has just gone to an ecig shop or online store and bought the SS mesh that some people use. Cut it up to size and just roll it up and put it in.
Can’t we just put our concentrate inside rolled-up cotton? And sip it all day like @Squiby does?
Some people enjoy vaping concentrates in cotton or hemp fiber. I'm not sure it can be sipped all day, cause I've never tried this with concentrates. I have one Vapcap fitted with a mesh concentrate pad dedicated to sativas and another for hybrids and indicas.

Here's how I go about it.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-628#post-1122587

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Howz abouts a pix, or two Tyger Tyger Burning Bright? :cool: Blazing thru the night

Meerschaum Cigarette Holder + VapCap

(Luv Short. Compact. Cool. Minimalist.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom