Indicaholic

Comfortably Melted
I read the thread, I was warned. I decided on a Vapcap for my first vape, decided to go with a blackwood Omni a couple of months ago as it was going to be the only one I could ever need..

I now have a blackwood Omni, a blackwood Nonavong, a cocobolo vong body for the Omni and a SB M (on their way), a spare Ti tip, three spare caps, some Dynastashes, some degummed hemp, three SS and three Ti spare CCDs, a few spare doob tubes and no idea how it all happened! :doh:

I'm not sure how but I'm going to try and blame you lot :goon:

These things are fucking awesome :love: I'm going to have to stop buying them though, I think I have enough now :D I have friends trying to lend me electronic vapes and I just don't want or need to try them. My 'caps have never put a foot wrong, I use a dual flame torch and have never once even so much as scorched my herb. I get consistent fully extracted toasty brown AVB whether I grind or just chuck little nugs in, clouds if I want them (I usually don't bother) and tons of flavour, all this from something so deceptively simple, absolutely brilliant design and execution, they're a work of genius.

I'm so happy I didn't buy the electronic one I was looking at and it's largely thanks to you lot :cheers:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I read the thread, I was warned. I decided on a Vapcap for my first vape, decided to go with a blackwood Omni a couple of months ago as it was going to be the only one I could ever need..

I now have a blackwood Omni, a blackwood Nonavong, a cocobolo vong body for the Omni and a SB M (on their way), a spare Ti tip, three spare caps, some Dynastashes, some degummed hemp, three SS and three Ti spare CCDs, a few spare doob tubes and no idea how it all happened! :doh:

Would it have been cheaper if you went with the electric vape you wanted? :lol:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I've been using same cap across all my VapCaps. It's seen months of use by now. The patina is getting so dark, yet it still clicks like on day one. I really wonder how long these little caps can last.

That's smart! Kind of wish i did the same. Keep all but 1 nice and new....

I would of forgot the first time i switched vapcaps anyway :D

mucsusn

60 going on 20

I'm not sure how but I'm going to try and blame you lot :goon:

These things are fucking awesome :love: I'm going to have to stop buying them though, I think I have enough now :D I have friends trying to lend me electronic vapes and I just don't want or need to try them. My 'caps have never put a foot wrong, I use a dual flame torch and have never once even so much as scorched my herb. I get consistent fully extracted toasty brown AVB whether I grind or just chuck little nugs in, clouds if I want them (I usually don't bother) and tons of flavour, all this from something so deceptively simple, absolutely brilliant design and execution, they're a work of genius.

I'm so happy I didn't buy the electronic one I was looking at and it's largely thanks to you lot :cheers:
You’ve barely gotten started, my friend:worms:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I'd say I've had about 10 bowls now out of it. I use ground herb, and pack it full. Loose though. I get huge clouds on draws 1-3. 4th is very popcorn tasting and I don't like going past that.

I LOVE the fact that the cap doubles as a pick, never will have to carry one of those around with me. I'm trying to find something that I can put in my car that will cool down the vapcap, probably will end up putting a coin or something like that in there.

I've found putting the cap on anything metal works fine for fast use, and haven't seen any charring with back-to-back use as long as you listen for that click, as that is the part that I have seen people warn about.

So far so good! :leaf::clap:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I agree. It’s cybrguy’s fault.

:D

You guys.....

Luckily using an IH or a lighter is not mutually exclusive so you can still run without batteries if you choose to or need to.

I love the VapCaps versatility and the IH adds a whole lot to the experience. But when I need ultra portability my jet lighter is always there.

zMX3xV3.jpg

Last edited:

MAbud

I'd say I've had about 10 bowls now out of it. I use ground herb, and pack it full. Loose though. I get huge clouds on draws 1-3. 4th is very popcorn tasting and I don't like going past that.

I LOVE the fact that the cap doubles as a pick, never will have to carry one of those around with me. I'm trying to find something that I can put in my car that will cool down the vapcap, probably will end up putting a coin or something like that in there.

I've found putting the cap on anything metal works fine for fast use, and haven't seen any charring with back-to-back use as long as you listen for that click, as that is the part that I have seen people warn about.

So far so good! :leaf::clap:

I’m maybe a few ahead but not much. And share your sentiment. Flavor and vapor produciton is amazing. I’d say for me I have the condenser pretty far from the tip (extended barely beyond the stem). Gonna play around with that further today.

For your car issue why not get a stashER? The magnet works great and it comes with a better pick tool. It’s super discreet and a great way to hold the Dynavap

MAbud

I always recommend that newbies use multiple jets until they get the hang of heating the Vapcap successfully.

Once mastered, the ultimate heating comes from a short single jet flame for the prediction it offers.

I use a single jet 80% of the time, a quad for quick heating 10% and the other 10% with my bedside Induction Heater.

What other vape offers such versatility?

I guess I like my vapcap like my BBQ, low and slow :lol:

Indicaholic

Comfortably Melted
You’ve barely gotten started, my friend:worms:

I think you might be right as much as I don't want to admit it.

I like the Ti Omni body a lot and I also have some beautiful 5000yr old English Bog Oak here that I may be contacting @phattpiggie about at some point. I've had it for years waiting for the right project to come along and I have a sneaking suspicion it's been waiting all this time to be turned into an amazing VC stem. I can just see me fused to my couch holding that in my hands contemplating 5k years of history :whoa:

passenger

is this thing on?
If only i had started out with a dynavap then i would have saved all that time, money and energy for better things.

This. Feel ya! Still use two other vapes, but 80% the Dynavaps. Best balance, very convinient to use. The Mighty I wouldn't give away because it's so sweet and easy to use while being distracted. I won't buy any other vapes anymore, only maintenance and of course a shitload of Dynastuff like the sandblasted from now on. Other Tip. Some wooden parts. Maybe a Dynaheater to come. I am a bit afraid.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
This. Feel ya! Still use two other vapes, but 80% the Dynavaps. Best balance, very convinient to use. The Mighty I wouldn't give away because it's so sweet and easy to use while being distracted. I won't buy any other vapes anymore, only maintenance and of course a shitload of Dynastuff like the sandblasted from now on. Other Tip. Some wooden parts. Maybe a Dynaheater to come. I am a bit afraid.

Dynaheater induction heater :nod:

shredder

I agree on the mighty, a solid vape.

After buying a M, an XL omni, a couple sb M's, I'm waiting on a stretch M. A XL M, or a SBXLM, how bout it Vapcap?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Just thought I'd drop in and say I modded my og by dremelimg some extra air channels down the underneath of the cap. I have to say the performance imo is improved vastly. The draw resistance is much more open and it makes the carb and condenser somewhat redundant.capour production if anything seems higher as I take bigger draws. Shout out to @phattpiggie for pointing me in the right direction, it was an obvious thing to do and it workked.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hah! I ended up doing the same when I got my OG VapCap. MFLB, Solo, EQ, LSV, all went MIA. I always used the Solo for the daily and LSV for night/when I needed a heavy hitter, EQ was fun for bags and whip was pretty decent... but the strength and convenience of the VapCap, plus how quickly it heated up, really won me over. If I only wanted one draw, I could get it in under 15 seconds. Light tasty vapor or a quick big boy hit, no need to wait a minute or five for it to heat up. One and done and gone. It's not bad as a solo session piece either. If it's two or more heavy smokers/vapers and one VC it might be a little inconvenient but as a single user unit it hit all the marks for me. I was actually pretty surprised because the LSV produces a metric fuckton of vapor, especially with the glass adapters that hold a lot of flower.

I want to see a concentrate specific Ti tip with a titanium cup for our precious goo.
When you hold it sideways it would all spill out...? Gotta have something to act as a wick for this setup. A metal mesh would be best IMO, like the one the Crafty/mighty use. SS or Ti would work and not affect taste. I've always wondered why nobody has just gone to an ecig shop or online store and bought the SS mesh that some people use. Cut it up to size and just roll it up and put it in. Easy to take out and clean and replace. Porous ceramic a la ThermoVape would also work well. I just can't really think of a cup setup for oil that would work when you put it up to your mouth to hit it. It's gonna be hot and runny and vaporizing and it will want to go everywhere.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
When you hold it sideways it would all spill out...? Gotta have something to act as a wick for this setup. A metal mesh would be best IMO, like the one the Crafty/mighty use. SS or Ti would work and not affect taste. I've always wondered why nobody has just gone to an ecig shop or online store and bought the SS mesh that some people use. Cut it up to size and just roll it up and put it in. Easy to take out and clean and replace. Porous ceramic a la ThermoVape would also work well. I just can't really think of a cup setup for oil that would work when you put it up to your mouth to hit it. It's gonna be hot and runny and vaporizing and it will want to go everywhere.

No need to hold sideways, plug straight into water pipe and inhale!

The metal mesh works okay, but like porous ceramic, the negative is you are always hitting reclaim and residual material every hit; compared to something which can be hit with a Q-tip and like new again.

Top Bottom