stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
@stardustsailor, nicely done, under a supernova, Sailor? Please clue me a neophyte
"landlockedsailor" on how you use a Dremel for a "hammer"? :buzz:

I do not use the dremel as a hammer ...
:freak:

I just use the dremel and the " 425 Emery Impregnated Disc "
https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-425-02-Emery-Impregnated-Polishing/dp/B015PK3CWW
in order to achieve this "hammered" titanium surface effect.

Although this disc is actually used for polishing metal objects ,
when used on Ti it actually "sculpts" the Titanium in
quite smooth and gentle fashion !

Cheers.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Also is anyone doing this....

TNhGy19.jpg

My turbine is the best glass i own, so why not...????
I've tried a number of pieces including my Turbine, I liked others better, it chugs a bit with these for my taste. But it's a great pairing to have out with the Evo!

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
:oWouldna thought a spinning wheel would leave rounded ridges on the Ti.

Would this effect be replicated on the SS of a Meta VapCap-- AKA the M VapCap?:D
Most probably yes,but this wheel is quite soft and "spendy ".
So ,probably is going to wear-off quite fast when used to grind the 316L SS of the M's stem .

You can try on a scrap piece of 316L tubing (found at your local plumber's store ) to see if and how it works.

natural farmer

The difference between the vapor I can pull and the vapor the vapor lung is pulling is shocking sometimes... :shrug:
I prefer the feel of the bare Omni's vapor on my tongue as I pull it with my mouth and then to the lungs, but as far as the volume of the vapor, the aromas and the burning feel in the lungs goes the vapor lung gives far superior results!!! :nod:

natural farmer

I would still rather get a water bubbler than fiddling with a plastic bottle and a plastic bag in the long term.
But it's a funny idea and I will probably build one tomorrow on my free Sunday, just to test it.

A VL and a bubbler/bong are completely different in form, function and end result. Wouldn't compare them. Pls try one. But make it good otherwise it will spoil the experience.
Myself I worry more about the massively consumed bottled water than vapor through a plastic bottle. BPA from plastic plus other dangerous chemicals are always leaching in the water while inside them, as far as I know... Vapor condense on the other hand quickly forms a resin layer on the plastic surface and I doubt much BPA can pass through that film and attach to floating vapor molecules.. I find it much less possible for the vapor to be contaminated than the water most people drink (and I don't :p).
But who knows for sure in the end? I think there are much better ways to save yourself from danger than not using a vapor lung. Like changing your diet and/or living conditions? ;)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If perhaps you rename it, people would be more interested; and while expedient, and economical,
using used plastic bottles may seem a bit ghetto. Add a plastic bag, and you will find an explosion of negative sentiment in the air.:o

Too bad "Gravity Bong" is already in the marketplace.....:\

xlr8shun

But yet people have no problems taking rips out of 5' long volcano bags, or breathing through plastic/rubber tubes, aka whips, or pulling hot vapor through plastic components (most portable vapes on the market):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure why all the hate on a "vapor lung".. to each their own, dont like it.. dont use it.. move on

LabPong

But yet people have no problems taking rips out of 5' long volcano bags, or breathing through plastic/rubber tubes, aka whips, or pulling hot vapor through plastic components (most portable vapes on the market):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure why all the hate on a "vapor lung".. to each their own, dont like it.. dont use it.. move on

No offense xlr8shun.....but your logic is flawed in that:

The people whom would not want to use a vapor lung with non-medical grade parts....are most likely not the ones using inferior vaping equipment with dirty air paths. That is why you see the negative connotations with the vapor lung as pictured.

Now if you make one that functions in the same mechanical way.....using a BPA free bottle and medical grade bags (not sure if there are or not?... I have not used bags ever).....then you have a nice unit that many who want a clean air path would be more than happy to use/try.

The concept of the vapor lung is awesome......my only con's are the materials used.

LabPong

My latest weekend chill setup......

setup%202_zpsdo2j63gp.jpg

I shortened the vapcap down to the original xls size so it will fit in the nice cooljar case that came with it. I did like the way the longer one was much easier to spin while heating in comparison, but I have gotten better at that process now and feel much better with a dual torch instead of a triple or quad. A single torch is best for specific heating use...so sometimes I will start with the single and when it gets going after a couple pulls I use the double. The single just takes a little longer to get it going, so pending on my time and needs.....I will adjust this process as needed.

The glass body of the vapcap is a 8mm ID and 12 OD borosilicate tube and works extremely well at that thickness. I would not go for one that was any less thickness in wall size only for durability and longevity.

Using a thinner food grade o-ring....it sits directly in the little groove of the glass and drip tip. It fits perfectly in a 14mm joint.....or has little to no effect on using without a water unit. It stays in place very well and I am so happy now with my custom Ti dynavap setup.

setup%203_zpsevyc4qvc.jpg

Smokey McVape

WarpaintFree

Approximate, yes: 20-22 bowls consistently, using a measuring spoon ~1/16th of a tsp; the same amount fills the bowl of my little Puur sherlock. Measuring that amount averages out @ 0.074g.

Yes, I pack loose most of the time, though the difference is just a few milligrams: my old lungs ain't looking for clouds, but medication and upliftment.

AWS Gemini-20 on Amazon...nice little scale

That's another odd thing, I inspect my 'Caps every few days/weeks, but so far I've just had no gunking up: no airway restriction, no clogging of the screens, no reclaim lining...well, anything.; I'd be thinking we get bunk herb around here, but I know that's not true. NO idea what I'm doing that's getting me elevated and leaving the 'Caps clean.

My experience is the same on both counts. Average load size is somewhere between 0.07 and 0.1, and I find that it depends greatly on the actual density of the bud. I have one strain that fills the chamber with only 0.04g (very 'fluffy' stuff), and one that's over 0.1g per load. But overall, between a tenth and a twentieth of a gram per load.

The neat part is that depending on the strain, one load can produce 2 honest doses, or sessions if you will.

As for cleaning, about once a week I swab the inside of the condenser and inside of the tip behind the CCD with iso on a pipe cleaner, rinse, and that's it. The chamber itself and the cap really just don't get dirty or gunky? These things (Omni and M) are super clean and easy to keep that way.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
This would not work for a vapor lung as it is too thick and is designed with a screw top.

The real problem I'd have is the fact it's an enema bag... Wouldnt give me pleasant thoughts while vaping LOL

I was kidding when i posted that, that's why i used a " :D " i figured someone would be like "I'm not sucking vapor out an ass cleaning bag" or something...

:rofl::rofl:

MonkeyTime

The real problem I'd have is the fact it's an enema bag... Wouldnt give me pleasant thoughts while vaping LOL

I was kidding when i posted that, that's why i used a " :D " i figured someone would be like "I'm not sucking vapor out an ass cleaning bag" or something...

:rofl::rofl:

Speak for yourself, I'm not getting my vapor from an ass cleaning bag! :lmao:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Mmmmh. I have just realized that I have a nice stainless steel wine/champagne cooler in my basement. That, together with a glass bottle with removed bottom and some ice cubes could make a very nice gravity bong for my Vapcap... Oh Lord! How do I now get the bottle bottom removed? Like back in the days? Rotating a coin in it for 4 hours?

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Mmmmh. I have just realized that I have a nice stainless steel wine/champagne cooler in my basement. That, together with a glass bottle with removed bottom and some ice cubes could make a very nice gravity bong for my Vapcap... Oh Lord! How do I now get the bottle bottom removed? Like back in the days? Rotating a coin in it for 4 hours?

Google "cutting bottle with string"

natural farmer

No offense xlr8shun.....but your logic is flawed in that:

The people whom would not want to use a vapor lung with non-medical grade parts....are most likely not the ones using inferior vaping equipment with dirty air paths. That is why you see the negative connotations with the vapor lung as pictured.

Now if you make one that functions in the same mechanical way.....using a BPA free bottle and medical grade bags (not sure if there are or not?... I have not used bags ever).....then you have a nice unit that many who want a clean air path would be more than happy to use/try.

The concept of the vapor lung is awesome......my only con's are the materials used.

I surely get people's fear of plastic and although I already explained my take on this (about the condensed vapor forming a film on the plastic surfaces and the relatively low temps involved...), I am sure there can be alternative materials used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom