Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
question guys.. my blackwood vong body has a crack from the V in the logo to the cap end, it just showed up today.. what should I do? it's not hindering performance, but what scares me is, when will it start mess with my session? I don't wanna bother George or Randy if it's not going to get worse.
My experience working with black wood is that once it cracks it will expand over time until it reaches the other side.

kushkush

happy camper....
well shittttt. that sucks. at least I'm in good hands.

I think you're in real good hands. Just write to Dynavap and tell them. I have a little piece of beautiful cocobolo wood on my Omni and I put that Dynawax on it at least once a week. Easy to do and may prevent cracking. I think you could use anything like coconut oil or whatnot to keep the wood from drying out.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I think you're in real good hands. Just write to Dynavap and tell them. I have a little piece of beautiful cocobolo wood on my Omni and I put that Dynawax on it at least once a week. Easy to do and may prevent cracking. I think you could use anything like coconut oil or whatnot to keep the wood from drying out.
I just got it Wednesday haha I use underbutter on all my wood vape parts.

Damagecase

I hope this is the right place to ask..
I wanna order a Dynavap. I'm gonna be using it about 40% when out & about, & 60% at home in a bubbler. I'm leaning towards the Blackwood Omnivong, but not sure if the adjustable airflow will be worth the benefits, considering I'll using it in my bubbler more than 1/2 the time.
How much of a difference does the adjustable airflow omni mouthpiece make, as far as the experience goes?
If not much, is a mouthpiece even necessary?
Does it help that much w/the spinning & heating process?
Does an Omni mouthpiece hinder the
Dynavap in a bong experience at all?
Does adjustment of said mouthpiece affect the bong hit? I wanna finally pull the trigger, but wanna make sure to do it right.
I also don't see the Dynastash box w/the silicone container(ER?) on the website. I'm your usual, Sativa @ day / Indica @ night, type of toker. Having a different strain in the silicone jar sounds nice. I could always bring an extra stash box, I guess, & just grab a regular dStash..?
Shit. So many questions... Sorry!
Do people use the DV for concentrates & enjoy it, or do it just because ua can, & dig the convenience &/or discreetness? Maybe I should stick w/flowers? I goes I'lll find out.
I'm now positive that this is the way to go, but really wanna do it right.
Thanks for listening...
Lemmeno!
CHEERZ

Dynalowrider

Do you drive? If so how did you learn? Do you ride a bike? If so how did you learn?
Now days you read all you can find on the subject. "Best of thread" is a good source. Squiby, (the best source of knowledge on this thread), has all your answers, (and some you didn't know to ask). I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but the last 755 pages tell it all. Just buy the Omni. It's adjustable. Everything else will work out. This many satisfied VapCappers can't be wrong. Doc

MonkeyTime

I wanna order a Dynavap. I'm gonna be using it about 40% when out & about, & 60% at home in a bubbler. I'm leaning towards the Blackwood Omnivong, but not sure if the adjustable airflow will be worth the benefits, considering I'll using it in my bubbler more than 1/2 the time.
How much of a difference does the adjustable airflow omni mouthpiece make, as far as the experience goes?
Does adjustment of said mouthpiece affect the bong hit? I wanna finally pull the trigger, but wanna make sure to do it right.
I also don't see the Dynastash box w/the silicone container(ER?) on the website. I'm your usual, Sativa @ day / Indica @ night, type of toker. Having a different strain in the silicone jar sounds nice. I could always bring an extra stash box, I guess, & just grab a regular dStash..?
Do people use the DV for concentrates & enjoy it, or do it just because ua can, & dig the convenience &/or discreetness? Maybe I should stick w/flowers? I goes I'lll find out.
Thanks for listening...
Lemmeno!
CHEERZ
Doc is spot on as usual. I reach for my omni or onnivong first. I love the adjustment ability, but don't bother with water, just wide open.

I will say, most of my 14mm glass needs and adapter because the mouthpiece is too long for the joints.

MinnBobber

...........................................................................................................
@Damagecase , That depends on how you end up using the Omni or any VapCap. You can fine-tune the airflow with the Omni but you can achieve roughly the same adjustment with any of the other VCs.
With the airflow hole closed, you get maximum vapor density as no additional air is added.
With the airflow hole wide open, you get maximum vapor coolness and smoothness as the most cool air is added to the vapor stream.

IMO, where the Omni excels is the in-between airflow as it can be adjusted very finely. With non-Omni units, you have the tiny hole to feather in between open and closed, a delicate operation. But, and it's a big BUT, 99% of the time I go full open or full closed, so that's easy-peazy to do on any VC. Thus, the real-life Omni advantage can be small.

Omni is kind of a luxury model. If you have the $$ and want to go big, go for it.
If you want to test the waters and see how you end up using the airflow hole, you can always start with the $50 M and after experimenting, then decide what other model best fits your use....

The good news is that you can't go wrong with whatever VC you buy :)

Dynalowrider

You are right MinnBobber. The Omni is not necessary to get the best out of the VapCap system. I just figured if they were taking a short cut, I'd just give them the best short cut to take.
So many questions, so much information. Right here, 755 pages strong, not to mention videos on VapCap page. One day and you are an expert, one week and you can get a degree in VapCapping.

Edit: sorry haven't vaped yet.

kushkush

happy camper....
...........................................................................................................
@Damagecase , That depends on how you end up using the Omni or any VapCap. You can fine-tune the airflow with the Omni but you can achieve roughly the same adjustment with any of the other VCs.
With the airflow hole closed, you get maximum vapor density as no additional air is added.
With the airflow hole wide open, you get maximum vapor coolness and smoothness as the most cool air is added to the vapor stream.

IMO, where the Omni excels is the in-between airflow as it can be adjusted very finely. With non-Omni units, you have the tiny hole to feather in between open and closed, a delicate operation. But, and it's a big BUT, 99% of the time I go full open or full closed, so that's easy-peazy to do on any VC. Thus, the real-life Omni advantage can be small.

Omni is kind of a luxury model. If you have the $$ and want to go big, go for it.
If you want to test the waters and see how you end up using the airflow hole, you can always start with the $50 M and after experimenting, then decide what other model best fits your use....

The good news is that you can't go wrong with whatever VC you buy :)

Wow...excellent advice! I haven't had my M or Omni long enough to tell much difference yet, and part of that is because of the nature of what we put in these little tips, we can't just practice and practice all day long. :D But so far, I'm just super happy with what I've got, and there is nothing in this world as sweet looking as the Omni Cocobolo. :rockon:

I have a question about the fatter bodies, of which I know nothing much except what I read. But... would it ever be possible to have a fat metal body? Would that be too heavy or what? How come there aren't any? When I'm home I do like using a little bubbler and with my 2 mods I just use the rubber mouthpiece which is working fine so far. Are the fatter ones (the Vongs) mainly for using with bubblers/bongs? (Clarification... I have to say I'm pretty much amazed at how smooth a vape I can actually get without even using a bubbler, which was a really nice surprise, and that's an under-statement.)

Also...I like having a mouthpiece, so are the mods w/o the mouthpiece for just using in water pieces? Thanks in advance for any insight one might want to offer. :)

LabPong

Thanks for listening...
Lemmeno!
CHEERZ

Because I use my dynavap almost like you will....but maybe more water unit use.. If I were you, just get a Ti tip nanovong without the xls mouth piece. No need to have any adjustment in airflow using in a water unit at all...you will be using it fully closed off for max performance I feel.

If you have a water unit with a 14mm joint....you could just get a non-vong body and use a simple food grade o-ring or two to have the seal and bottoming out of the mouth piece just where you need it. I did not like how the nanovong with the extra mouthpiece worked when in water use....the mouth piece would get stuck in the 14mm joint and when I pull the vapcap out....it pulls apart the mouthpiece and condenser away from the body and tip. So I just stopped using the nanovong body and use a 4 inch clear glass tube as the body and a drip tip on the end.....then a simple o-ring around the glass tube by the mouthpiece holds it in the 14mm joint at the level I need with full seal. SEE THE PIC ABOVE AT THE TOP AREA OF THIS PAGE.

Good luck....

Dynalowrider

The reason we don't have large metal, or gold, or silver bodies and stems and vongs, is those are very good heat sinks. Heat one end to over 400f, and the other end will burn the shit out of your fingers, lips, whatever touches it.
If you are looking for a bubbler, get it with a 18mm gong, and a 18mm to 14mm adapter. It will let you use an Omni mouthpiece, or an 18mm wong, or whatever you want.

Don't get me on a soapbox. I'm trying to turn it it to an eclipse viewer.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
. I'm gonna be using it about 40% when out & about, & 60% at home in a bubbler. I'm leaning towards the Blackwood Omnivong, but not sure if the adjustable airflow will be worth the benefits, considering I'll using it in my bubbler more than 1/2 the time.

I own an Omni and I use it like you intend to use yours, probably even more through water than dry. I really like the adjustable air flow because, while I like to keep it fully open when using it dry to cool down the vapor as much as possible, I like having a more restricted draw from my bubbler. I have used a friend Nonavong several times with various water tools and I definitely prefer my Omni set on a tighter draw. I use it with a regular body just sliding a small pieces of silicone tubing on the mouthpiece to have it seal a 14mm female joint.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The reason we don't have large metal, or gold, or silver bodies and stems and vongs, is those are very good heat sinks. Heat one end to over 400f, and the other end will burn the shit out of your fingers, lips, whatever touches it.
If you are looking for a bubbler, get it with a 18mm gong, and a 18mm to 14mm adapter. It will let you use an Omni mouthpiece, or an 18mm wong, or whatever you want.

Don't get me on a soapbox. I'm trying to turn it it to an eclipse viewer.

By gum, someone needs a happy pill! (wink^2)

(Remember your solar glasses, tomorrow, Doc.):cool:

stark1,
Reactions: kushkush

Squiby

Here is a link to the Best of Thread. It will answer most of your questions as @Dynalowrider mentioned above. It's only 2 pages long.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

Does adjustment of said mouthpiece affect the bong hit?
In my eyes, the benefit of the Omni is being able to set the airflow to the degree you prefer and forget it. This is particularly convenient when using the Omni with water pieces. Depending on the fit between the Omni and your bubbler, manually manipulating the air intake hole with your finger can be a bit awkward. Having the airflow set automatically means you just place your Omnivong into your joint and toke away. No manual adjustment necessary. Easy peasy.

The Omni is the Cadillac version with all the bells and whistles. Must you have a Omni? No. But I think it makes for a better experience, especially with water.

The mouthpiece adds an additional 17mm to the length of the area fitting into the bubbler joint. If you have a bubbler with a bend after the joint it is possible that the mouthpiece may impede the fit and bottom out.

Both Vapcaps with spinning mps and the non spinning Omni mp are very easy to twirl while heating, but the spinning mp may be slightly easier for someone with compromised dexterity.

The Omni mp does not spin so the heating while twirling maneuver is a bit different than the Ti Vapcaps that sport a spinning mp. The spinning action allows you to hold the mp steady in your palm or with your little finger while twirling the body of the Vapcap with your thumb and forefinger.

The DynastashER is a regular stock item. You can either wait till more are in stock and posted on the website or you can contact Dynavap through their contact page on their website to enquire when the ER will be in stock and the wood varieties that will be available.

Do people use the DV for concentrates

People use Vapcaps for flowers, hash, wax, shatter, rosin etc. I use the Vapcap as is for flowers and hash. For hash I either cut a thin slice with a razor blade for rock hard hash, like the sativa Morrocan hash or pinch a small glob off or a chunk of soft Indica Afghani hash and press it into a flat pancake and pop it into the chamber. For all other concentrates, I fit the chamber with a concentrate pad. Here is my approach below.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1145395

Aizen-sama

Fmr. Captain of the 5th Division
I use it with a regular body just sliding a small pieces of silicone tubing on the mouthpiece to have it seal a 14mm female joint.
That's how I'm using mine too. I clipped some from the flexible tubing in the DDave DBV mod kit and it's working nicely for that purpose.

Just got myself an Omni on the classifieds here, loving it so far.
rmSH5Nd.jpg

DataRocks

Yes, as acrylic is a plastic so don't want to be inhaling any outgassing when subjected to heat.

@DataRocks , I like it. I'd be up for one. What material is it being made out of, well, type of plastic? Be sure to share files when done.

And the mods added @flotntoke, @GreenHopper & @Square4Life's educational posts to the Best Of thread. :tup:

Either PLA or ABS, I am just waiting for my new caliper because I realized that all my measurements might be wrong :-( . As soon as I fix the sizes I will share the files.

snaffle

I've been using my new Omni XL recently, and it's really lovely. I found the regular vapcaps not particularly easy to spin, probably due to my large hands, and was hoping the XL would address that, and it really does, it's so easy to handle now. Not to mention that it's the singular most beautiful thing I own. Having more length of wonderfully machined Ti to marvel at is great. I've been using the @Squiby hemp sandwich approach very happily, too, thanks for the advice on that everyone.

My biggest surprise with the vapcap is how much better the flavour is than my Grasshopper. I suspect it's partly due to the vapour being much cooler, but really the difference is very large. It's really good being able to tell appreciate my different strains so much better.

LabPong

I have been using a dual flame torch lately....i get the best results with it and my single flame one. Sometimes I just do not have patience to use the single alone....but sometimes also use both at different parts of the session.

My biggest question now after 3 weeks of using the vapcap......is how to get the most of the taste possibilities. I am highly spoiled on the arizer air with my water units. Using the vapcap I only get 1.5 good tasting hits of each session. I find the flavor is non-existent almost after that. I usually concentrate on heating the tip area and work down slowly as I stir the load 1-3 times pending on size and density of load.

Thanks for any help.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Do you drive? If so how did you learn? Do you ride a bike? If so how did you learn?
Now days This many satisfied VapCappers can't be wrong. Doc

Edit: sorry haven't vaped yet.
:rofl:
Took you awhile. I was expecting this rant weeks ago. :p
@LabPong The first two hits are the flavor bombs for sure, and the rest gradually weaken in the flavor dept.
Flavor wise, IMO, no hit I pull from my Solo or Air really holds a candle to the first two yanks off of my Omni. :shrug:

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: stark1
Top Bottom