Dynalowrider

Want to adjust your screens in the ti-tip easily? Next time you are at your local hardware, auto parts store, Harbor Freight, or lumber yard, look for the junk sale table. Pick up a cheap set of twist drills. It doesn't matter if they are metric or inch. Now you have a pusher to push the screen out, plus a handful of stir sticks. While in the hardware section, pick-up a stainless steel M-8 bolt at least 1" or 24.5mm long, and two (2) nuts. Thread both nuts on the bolt. Holding it by the head, set the lower nut to the depth you want the screen, and lock it in place with the other nut. If the screen is too cupped to be snug in the bowl, turn it cup down, and push it in with the bolt. Put the bolt in your kit for next time.
The best way to straighten out the screens, hit'em square with a hammer on a flat piece of steel. Doc

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Oh Shit! I feel with you! Indeed, adjusting the screen was not as easy in reality as it seemed in George's video... I was very happy when I had it safely in place without breaking the screen.

Maybe i should of watched a video... LOL

Want to adjust your screens in the ti-tip easily? Next time you are at your local hardware, auto parts store, Harbor Freight, or lumber yard, look for the junk sale table. Pick up a cheap set of twist drills. It doesn't matter if they are metric or inch. Now you have a pusher to push the screen out, plus a handful of stir sticks. While in the hardware section, pick-up a stainless steel M-8 bolt at least 1" or 24.5mm long, and two (2) nuts. Thread both nuts on the bolt. Holding it by the head, set the lower nut to the depth you want the screen, and lock it in place with the other nut. If the screen is too cupped to be snug in the bowl, turn it cup down, and push it in with the bolt. Put the bolt in your kit for next time.
The best way to straighten out the screens, hit'em square with a hammer on a flat piece of steel. Doc

Thanks for the tip! I most likely have everything you mentioned in my shop. I'll definitely try it this way when i get new screens in....

Dynalowrider

Get to know your vapcap. Take it apart. Clean it. Put it together. Repeat. Then repeat again.
Learn to field strip it. The more you know about your vapcap, the more you get out of it. I use a drill bit to push degummed hemp through to get reclaim. Then I soak in "Smokesoap", (not harmful of the o-rings), in the tube. Then I shake it every time I think about it. Next day I triple rinse, air dry, assemble, and enjoy. Doc

WoodVillain, trim a screen down to fit for now. It won't hold up to long, but you can vape. Did the screen rip or just get bent up? If it's bent up try cleaning, straighten, and hit it with a hammer on a flat truck bumper.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
It snapped into 2 pieces. Granted i did get a little aggravated and most likely used more force than i should of...

I'm just using the M for right now. I do have random sized screens around so I'll see about trimming one up for the omni later today.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I really suggest sticking to the SS CCDs as they're far easier to install and have some spring to them over the Ti CCDs which bend and remain bent. A sewing needle makes a perfect installation tool that allows the CCD to properly "Compress", (as the name suggests it should) and not get bent up in the process. I've had great difficulty with the Ti CCDs fitting properly or installing correctly.

I haven't noticed any performance difference between the two CCD types, so I've stuck with the easier to use SS.

DirtyD

Once I found the right diameter ball point pen ( and the guts to attempt it) I finally got ti CCD installed in mid position. Definitely trickier than SS ccds, but a pen with a flat end that is about 60% size of bowl ID and gentle easy pressure and patience will get u there. IMO ti CCD has better airflow and I feel it helps roast the load more even in the Skeletor. Cheers! D.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While in the hardware section, pick-up a stainless steel M-8 bolt at least 1" or 24.5mm long, and two (2) nuts.
I KEEP meaning to do this and forget. A full bowl is not huge by any means, but when I have reduced it it is easier to clear it in a hit or 2 and I am less likely to end up hitting a VC that is spent because I will automatically fill it before I put it down. A filled full size bowl might be worth another whack.
My point is if I have an easier way to place the screen I will be more likely to use it reduced, so I need to remember this next time. Or make a special trip, I guess... ;)

natural farmer

You guys would love the vapor that a Vapor Lung can pull out of a Vapcap! A VL can pull like no human lung can ime. At home I am using one 90% of the times!!! Outside it's not practical of course and I enjoy the cigarette like ritual of holding and using the VC much more.
The vapor is really much much better through the VL. Bigger hits, a lot tastier (more convection-y) vapor, more comfortable to draw from (zero resistance), dead easy to share with friends (just fill and pass).
And so easy and cheap to make and also recyclable!!! :tup:

Squiby

That "Best of" thread done by @Squiby is indeed a great resource! Thank you so much for the effort!

Well, thank you, but I must point out that I did not create the Best of Thread. It does include some of my posts, but posts from many others make up the thread.

Also, this thread is a wonderful resource and many gems can be found throughout it's pages that should be in the Best Of thread. Although formidable, it is worthwhile reading it from the beginning. Not only will the evolution of the Vapcap provide many insights but the numerous stories of George's unbelievable acts kindness and generosity will reinforce your faith in mankind and you will come away feeling uplifted and better than before.

Kalessin

I really suggest sticking to the SS CCDs as they're far easier to install and have some spring to them over the Ti CCDs which bend and remain bent. A sewing needle makes a perfect installation tool that allows the CCD to properly "Compress", (as the name suggests it should) and not get bent up in the process. I've had great difficulty with the Ti CCDs fitting properly or installing correctly.

I haven't noticed any performance difference between the two CCD types, so I've stuck with the easier to use SS.
My experience with the ccds is the complete opposite. The ss ones I bought would stop fitting properly after a few removals, but the ti don't seem to wear down at all. I've never had to replace a ti screen unless I lost it.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Should I get the Omni I hear a lot about these vaporizers are they really good or people just overhyping it (I have the Arizer solo 2 & the Pax 3)

I have the Omnivap TI and yes they are a little pricey, but you will probably have it for the rest of your life. Also it terms of form and function it is pure genius.

If you haven't tried any of the Dynavap vaporizers you can try the M or the OG first, they are much cheaper than the Omni line.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hey fc'ers and omni friends. I been away from forum quite some time, to the joy of some maybe :p

Firstly , @natural farmer , awesome about the vapor lung , i did a video using one for my HI log, never thought of doing same with vapcap! Thank you for sharing!!

@Squiby , awesome best of thread! tips for rookie vapcapers or explaining way to achieve best results if not already included would be sweet.. read it last night , thought an introduction at beginning of thread or something general would be sweet and helpful. I recall thinking omnivap and vapcap were different companies for instance . Lol

Now , my vapcap M !! Ordered it on 4/20 , it took about a month to get in the mail north side of border. My old torch lighter didn't work as I thought it would and using the vapcap with a regular lighter sucked. therfore I parked the "M" and vaping all together due to new living arrangements not being able to vape inside as I wish using my plug-in log interior.

So after "smoking" my herb again for a few months and not really enjoying it, I decided while standing at the dollar store cashout to buy a $3 single torch and give my vapcap a true chance!

I am pleased ! With the vapcap , the dollar store torch.. Ain't working no more, haha . I did find out trying to fix it that my old dual torch Nibo only needed a shot of air pressure to unblock the jets/heater.

Moral of story if any is be equipped for your vapcap . What turned me off from it prior purchase was dealing with torch lights and I am still not to fond of it. If only a basic lighter didn't take sooo long to heat , char your cap black or render same performance.

Torch Lighter aside I am quite impressed with my vapcap "M". It looks great and feels indestructible !! I probably would recommend it. I am still getting to know my "M" , I do like a strong hit , it does seem as tough I will get there with a bit of practice. In the end, It does feel great to be vaping again ! !

Thank you @Squiby and others for not giving up hope on me in my times of doubts but rather guide me in keeping an open mind on the vapcap . I've really been enjoying catching up reading my favorite threads, including the zion :D

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
My experience with the ccds is the complete opposite. The ss ones I bought would stop fitting properly after a few removals, but the ti don't seem to wear down at all. I've never had to replace a ti screen unless I lost it.
I use a sewing needle to install my SS CCD which prevents the fins from bending during installation and removal. I put the needle in the small hole at the center of the SS CCD which allows me to have some control over the CCD as it is installed. Since using this method I've had the SS CCDs in my G4 Ti tips last for months and still are fitting perfectly fine.:shrug:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
My new OmniVonG Blackwood has just arrived via courier. Now I am only waiting for the additonal Cocobolo body that I have ordered for visual variety. :) Damn, I am so happy. The OmniVonG is my new favourite for sure. I love the 1-2g of additional weight, the uneven (not round) shape and therefore the general handling of it. Just used it for the first time... Yummy, Yummy! :)

I should also add that the OmniVonG has the best manufacturing quality of all my DynaVap models. The tip is a bit on the loose side (not serious, but noticeable) with the other ones, as well as the mouthpiece. With the OmniVonG, everything sits tight. Mmmmh. Really, really like it. :)

Last edited:

Jethro

@Jethro Really. You'd pay $350 for the Omni?
No, because I don't have to!

...a little hyperbole ...but i get his point....;)
Exactly. What I am getting at is they are worth every penny and there is basically no way you will feel that it was money poorly spent. And since I don't have an Omni and I want one badly, as long as you get a new one with the faceted body, I will make this offer to you to make it risk free... if you feel it is "overhyped" then I will buy the Omni from you instantly. Full price. Not kidding.

Took my Ti-Woody out on the 4 wheeler on the back 40 the other day. Beautiful!
20170820_174511-L.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:cheers::cheers:
Beautiful setting, @Jethro !
No, because I don't have to!

Exactly. What I am getting at is they are worth every penny and there is basically no way you will feel that it was money poorly spent. And since I don't have an Omni and I want one badly, as long as you get a new one with the faceted body, I will make this offer to you to make it risk free... if you feel it is "overhyped" then I will buy the Omni from you instantly. Full price. Not kidding.

Took my Ti-Woody out on the 4 wheeler on the back 40 the other day. Beautiful!
20170820_174511-L.jpg

:cheers:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....

Okay, now we're into a new area:

I make a point of NOT removing and reinserting screens, because it's so much of a pain. LESS of a pain w/ Doc's 8mm screw-set idea (thanks again, Doc!), but still enough of a pain that I simply don't want to do it. In fact, I've defaulted to the full-bowl since my first M (22 bowls-full +/- per gram), and not looked back....

Smokey McVape

In fact, I've defaulted to the full-bowl since my first M (22 bowls-full +/- per gram), and not looked back....
@ClearBlueLou - did I read your post correctly? You get 22 full bowls per 1 gram of bud? I assume that you pack lose without tamping down at all? I get maybe 15 max per gram but I like to pack quite tightly.

Edit - I need to buy some better scales to start weighing out 0.05s.

Kalessin

Okay, now we're into a new area:

I make a point of NOT removing and reinserting screens, because it's so much of a pain. LESS of a pain w/ Doc's 8mm screw-set idea (thanks again, Doc!), but still enough of a pain that I simply don't want to do it. In fact, I've defaulted to the full-bowl since my first M (22 bowls-full +/- per gram), and not looked back....
I use a fine grind so my screens get gunked up after a bit over a week of use so I take mine out to torch it clean fairly often. I don't have any problems with taking it out/putting it back in since I found a bit extender from my ratchet driver set that works perfectly for fiddling with the screen, one side is just thin and long enough to pop the screen out and the side that holds the bit is the perfect size and shape to put the screen back in without bending it.

Top Bottom