Smokey McVape

Oh my goodness! Facebook is social media, just like this site. Not much different, really!
FC doesn't take possesion of your pictures etc there is a big difference but this is the Vapcap thread not the f××k facepage thread so back on topic I finally get to pickup my new blackwood omnivap tomorrow - can't wait to try it as I keep hearing it is better than the M that already knocks me on my arse.

Edit - I am also picking up a Dynastash that I must have ordered after using my M as I don't remember ordering it. Doubly excited now. :rockon:

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@GreenHopper

Great diagram but I'm having a little trouble getting my cap to heat up... or maybe I'm just not hearing the clicks.

Using this new method of heating described in your post, but really, I just can't see how this is worth the effort.

Anyone wanna chime in?

My cap doesn't make a click. it makes a tiny sound on the cool down, after combustion, almost inaudible.
All in all a very frustrating experience. im so glad i didn't get a more expensive one.

not sure if either of you can post a video or not, but if you can, post a video of your technique and maybe after seeing it visually we can help

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I guess I'm going to have to splain something to you Lucy.
The reason the cops like the pot laws is they don't have to work hard to catch potheads. The reason pot is against the law in the US is one guy was trying to justify his job.
Some of us on here live in places where it is illegal. Every police department has people that do nothing else but work Faceplant, Spaceface, ( they are copyright protected), looking for someone breaking the law, because it's an easy way to find them. The cops can find you from the doughnut shop.
NOWHERE IN THE WRITINGS OF VAPCAP HAVE THEY ASKED YOU TO BE "disseminating the information" .
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't think I'm stupid enough to tell the world, (or the "Po-po" (police), that I break the law.
This is my opinion, sorry it's in the wrong place to spout about this , but advertizing for a large corporation on here is the wrong place too. That whole thing is just a list, and it can be hacked.
"Fool's names, like fool's faces, always seen in public places."

I know another way the cops can find me.

I also know a little bit more about the law than to believe there's anything I say or do anywhere on the internet that can get me in trouble with cops. In these here United States we have two fancy thingies called the first amendment and the fourth amendment. Even if I murder someone and put video documentation of it on YouTube, the cops have to do enough real police work to be 100% positive a crime has been committed before they can even try to come into my home or search my person. Also, I can watch countless people get murdered on TV every night. It's not because TV is made by TV people.

Are you sure you know what I'm doing in this video? Maybe I'm just a really good actor. Like Cheech. Ever wonder why I haven't been busted yet? Because I've made a lot of videos like this. I even call my herbs 'weed' in at least one of them.

Even if they wanted to, before the cops could do anything about what I may or may not have done in this video, they have to get a lot of evidence. Real evidence. Not video of some dude who may or may not be using illegal drugs on YouTube.

At least one local cop follows my YouTube channel.

To stay on topic, I would like to say that using ground herbs seems to have led to a much better Vapcap experience than I had while using whole nugs.

VanCough

Environmentalist
I guess I'm going to have to splain something to you Lucy.
The reason the cops like the pot laws is they don't have to work hard to catch potheads. The reason pot is against the law in the US is one guy was trying to justify his job.
Some of us on here live in places where it is illegal. Every police department has people that do nothing else but work Faceplant, Spaceface, ( they are copyright protected), looking for someone breaking the law, because it's an easy way to find them. The cops can find you from the doughnut shop.
NOWHERE IN THE WRITINGS OF VAPCAP HAVE THEY ASKED YOU TO BE "disseminating the information" .
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't think I'm stupid enough to tell the world, (or the "Po-po" (police), that I break the law.
This is my opinion, sorry it's in the wrong place to spout about this , but advertizing for a large corporation on here is the wrong place too. That whole thing is just a list, and it can be hacked.
"Fool's names, like fool's faces, always seen in public places."

You're entitled to your opinion. It's the passive aggressive way/tone in which you've conveyed it that's fucked me off. :cuss::rant:

I have no interest wasting my time discussing this, all I will say is that people who adhere to stupid laws are the ones who inevitably enforce them.

It's illegal to consume cannabis here in the UK but I'm just going to live my life and be respectful to others and if I vaporise some flowers every now and again that's my prerogative.

Also, some quotes for you from dynavap staff:

'Our goal is to bring the DynaVap community to this group. We’ve got fellow DynaVap family members all over the internet on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, FuckCombustion, and many other places. You just need to find them and bring them here!

Get creative, find our fellow family members and bring them home!'

You're acting like I work for Facebook :hmm:

Think you're a bit too paranoid mate, get a nice strain high in CBD and chill out.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
VapCap 'SS Cap' Heating Guide

ravSWxA.jpg

How to heat:

DynaVap FAQ: At what temperature does the cap click?

DynaVap FAQ: The Cap

Respect the Click:

All of dynavap's youtube vids:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebV4cXRdXIncnHHnGYt1Hg/videos

Thanks to everyone for your help, guidance and input.

EDIT: Updated the text explaining the heating of the M's SS tip in accordance with @Winegums suggestion.

bofc.png

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You're entitled to your opinion. It's the passive aggressive way/tone in which you've conveyed it that's fucked me off. :cuss::rant:

I have no interest wasting my time discussing this, all I will say is that people who adhere to stupid laws are the ones who inevitably enforce them.

It's illegal to consume cannabis here in the UK but I'm just going to live my life and be respectful to others and if I vaporise some flowers every now and again that's my prerogative.

Also, some quotes for you from dynavap staff:

'Our goal is to bring the DynaVap community to this group. We’ve got fellow DynaVap family members all over the internet on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, FuckCombustion, and many other places. You just need to find them and bring them here!

Get creative, find our fellow family members and bring them home!'

You're acting like I work for Facebook :hmm:

Think you're a bit too paranoid mate, get a nice strain high in CBD and chill out.

You gotta remember doc is a bulldog of a Marine, mate, as are some of us others :chill: :cheers::spliff::popcorn:

toked23

I've had my M for a couple weeks I guess. So simple to use. Very effective. Not quite as tasty as my ff2 or as quite as efficient, BUT very close, but I still love it and it absolutely does the job. What has taken a back seat is my pax3, and I loved that one too. But I guess my VaS has won and I can only use one at a time, so, ha

And no chance of me at this point doing anything with FB with any company in the industry, no offense to DV. Just not a wise choice to advertise based on my life and location.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

YeezsJu.jpg

How to heat:

Respect the Click:

This belongs in the Best of thread. Great stuff!

Edit:
You may want to change the notes on the M as heating beyond the click on the second pass may cause burning. The higher density and thus higher mass requires more energy to heat up and holds on to that energy longer. An M tip will stay hotter for about 2-3 times as long as a Ti tip, due to the laws of thermodynamics. I find myself moving up the to the cap end on the second pass to avoid burning if I do a really hot heat on the first pass.

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist

YeezsJu.jpg

How to heat:

Respect the Click:

I've got a temperature probe that I've been meaning to use in my vapcap. Thanks for reminding me!

My plan is to remove the ccd and insert it from the mp down the condenser and secure it in place with the tip of the probe positioned directly in the centre of the chamber and not touching the walls. I'll repeat this multiple times.

Will let you all know what results I get.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper

Great diagram but I'm having a little trouble getting my cap to heat up... or maybe I'm just not hearing the clicks.

Using this new method of heating described in your post, but really, I just can't see how this is worth the effort.

Anyone wanna chime in?

Like @Smokey McVape and @ander said, you could have a defective CAP.

I'd follow @Winegums suggestion and try do a few dry runs. If you don't get any significant clicking then contact DynaVap for a replacement.

If you are using an M I find you have to heat several seconds (4 in my case, others experiences differ) in order to get the clouds. This is because the SS-Tip on the M series takes longer for the heat to soak in.

well if i don't post again, don't be wondering where i went off to... I'll be staring at my vapcap in a choice corner working on my ESP.

cheers

*clickclick*

You have to really concentrate hard on it, if you feel your brain heating up instead stop immediately...

My cap doesn't make a click. it makes a tiny sound on the cool down, after combustion, almost inaudible.
All in all a very frustrating experience. im so glad i didn't get a more expensive one.

Same advice goes to you bud, try some dry runs. If you aren't getting any clicks then give DynaVap a shout.

Let us know how it goes guys.

EDIT:

This belongs in the Best of thread. Great stuff!

Edit:
You may want to change the notes on the M as heating beyond the click on the second pass may cause burning. The higher density and thus higher mass requires more energy to heat up and holds on to that energy longer. An M tip will stay hotter for about 2-3 times as long as a Ti tip, due to the laws of thermodynamics. I find myself moving up the to the cap end on the second pass to avoid burning if I do a really hot heat on the first pass.

Good point, I'll see if I can do that before the edit time passes.

I've got a temperature probe that I've been meaning to use in my vapcap. Thanks for reminding me!

My plan is to remove the ccd and insert it from the mp down the condenser and secure it in place with the tip of the probe positioned directly in the centre of the chamber and not touching the walls. I'll repeat this multiple times.

Will let you all know what results I get.

Awesome idea, looking forward to the results.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

kushkush

happy camper....
@stark1 - "why do ladies always pack .25 Cals...." :\

I guess they don't really, but I gave my Glock 26 to my son and am now jonesin' for the G42 or G43 because they're so small. I have a Sig Sauer 226 that I'll never give away as its accuracy is stunning. But I never really 'carried' those. Just the sweet little Baby Browning.

@Summer - "What do you think, @fmember ?

Yes, TOC (Top Of Cap), LOC (Leg Of Cap) is the idea! It's getting us to where we need to be. Because heating the Cap is maybe the most important aspect of using the vapcaps and maybe the most asked-about question, we should maybe take our time and think it out very carefully. Think more about LOC...does that mean the end with the digger on it?...and TOC...is that the flat bottom when standing on the magnet? Hummmm.... whatever acronym wins the day has got to be easy to understand w/o explanation (once you know what the letters stand for).

But those acronyms are taking us in the right direction for sure. Maybe FBE for 'flat-bottom-end' and DE for 'digger end'? Naw, well maybe, but come on, somebody can do better than that.

All I know is...the acronym has got to be (1) simple and (2) it's got to leave no possible room for confustion/frustration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom