Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
That's not right man, my SS-Tip is secure in the body, removing it takes a bit of effort.

Check your O-rings, are they stretched, damaged or out of alignment?

vapcap-m-exploded-view.jpg

Pic for reference.

Also when you are removing the tip the O-rings benefit from some lubricant otherwise they tend to get torn up on reinsertion. I use e-liquid as I have plenty hanging about. Beeswax, PG (Propylene Glycol) or coconut oil would work.

Appreciate the quick response. O-rings are fine. It's weird. Have been though probably 10 - 15 heat cycles and all of a sudden it's all loosey goosey. It isn't so loose that it would fall out, but still, it isn't the way it should be.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Appreciate the quick response. O-rings are fine. It's weird. Have been though probably 10 - 15 heat cycles and all of a sudden it's all loosey goosey. It isn't so loose that it would fall out, but still, it isn't the way it should be.

Might be worth pinging a mail to DynaVap.

You could have a slightly out of spec body or tip maybe. :shrug:

The cap shouldn't be pulling the tip off the body, at least mine doesn't.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just watched @Dynavap 's vid explaining that @GreenHopper 's faster designation is the end of the that cap which heats up at a lower temp & that @GreenHopper 's slower designation is the end of the cap that heats to a higher temp. Can anyone confirm that the bi-metal clicker portion of the cap is in the flat base bottom end? I think that's why, while the flat bottom part end heats up slower, but it seems to click faster? My brain hurts. :doh::worms:

But does this jive with what @xlr8shun just posted:

The flavor comes from the flat bottom end, while the clouds come from the digger-side end?

Yeh you are spot on, so was @xlr8shun

LurrqH5.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
better googler than i am i guess... my google searches for LBS all result in converting to pounds (lbs.)
Ah, I had deduced these were a bicycle part so I googled "LBS bicycle" and it came up with Lbs bikes in Canada, and the Wiki page for LBS = local bike shop. :doh:
So I hit my local bike store and talked to their service tech, who kind of hemmed and hawed abit about how he doesn't usually sell them and blah blah ( as he's rolling the objects of my desire around in his palm). So I'm like...what if you set those down and look over there, and when you look back and a five dollar bill is laying here as I'm walking out were all good, right? He was good.
A bit more than I thought I was going to pay, but $2 or $3 didn't sound like a deal maker and convenience has a price too I guess.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Another example? "the bi-metal disks live in the cap end at the farthest end from the mouthpiece; since I'm trying to heat the TIP and not the cap, I focus my heat just above the tip's fins."

CBL, I think the whole problem in comprehension lies in the fact that we all are not using a common starting focal point. To be clearer, if you were to hold the vc up vertically & lean the flat bottom the of cap on a desk, the cap/tip side would be flush with the desk, therefore, the mp would be at the top. Much like if you were showing someone a pen, the tip would be downward & the button on top. That said, I would be inclined to say that "I focus my heat just below the tip's exposed fins" as I'm looking at the vc vertically from the starting orientation of the mp being at top. See, what I mean? The area I'm heating is the bottom part under the fins which is in fact the cap. So I would say I'm heating below the exposed fins. It feels like we're all talking a different language.

Even using your terminology of closed & opened cap end works for me as long as we're all understanding what is being said.

@GreenHopper , the diagram is wonderful! I worked it through & it makes absolute sense to me! Hallelujah!

Could you be so kind as to add 2 things to it for further clarification & continuity?

1) With 'slower to heat up' can you add "higher heating temps" Really it's slower to heat up & higher temps resulting in big hits & clouds.

2) Likewise of 'lower temp hits', something along the lines of lower heating temps & faster to heat up resulting in lower temp hits, less vapor output, but more flavor.

However you see fit to lay it out since you're the graphics designer.

This will make the diagram perfect. If you give it 24 hours to see if anyone has any further input to enhance it, then, you can re-post the diagram by itself tom & you or I can link it for Best of thread nomination. It's that good, Grasshopper. This would surely put the lid back on the can of worms. What do you think?
LurrqH5.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper , the diagram is wonderful! I worked it through & it makes absolute sense to me! Hallelujah!

Could you be so kind as to add 2 things to it for further clarification & continuity?

1) With 'slower to heat up' can you add "higher heating temps" Really it's slower to heat up & higher temps resulting in big hits & clouds.

2) Likewise of 'lower temp hits', something along the lines of lower heating temps & faster to heat up resulting in lower temp hits, less vapor output, but more flavor.

However you see fit to lay it out since you're the graphics designer.

This will make the diagram perfect. If you give it 24 hours to see if anyone has any further input to enhance it, then, you can re-post the diagram by itself tom & you or I can link it for Best of thread nomination. It's that good, Grasshopper. This would surely put the lid back on the can of worms. What do you think?

Hows this?

5JN00tj.jpg

More than open to other suggestions, whatever helps folk out. :)

MinnBobber

Hows this?
...................................................................................
I'd leave a 10% buffer area at each end of the cap as you don't want the flame lapping over the top OR heating up the exposed fins.
Also, George's preferred flame technique is flame at an angle, not perpendicular to the cap. So in your pic I'd drop the mouthpiece end about 30 degrees

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
...................................................................................
I'd leave a 10% buffer area at each end of the cap as you don't want the flame lapping over the top OR heating up the exposed fins.
Also, George's preferred flame technique is flame at an angle, not perpendicular to the cap. So in your pic I'd drop the mouthpiece end about 30 degrees

Howzat?

iJkz0u3.jpg

I dunno so far the M is meh. I either combust, or get almost nothing.

Meh for you ay?

There must be a way to improve your experience.

The VapCap isn't for everyone but I'm sure there are ways of going from 'meh' to 'hmm', possibly even all the way to 'MMM'.
  • What you cooking in your VC?
    • Flower
    • Concentrate
    • Hash
  • How good is the material?
    • High or low THC/CBD
    • Well cured or fresh or old
    • Is the material dry or damp
  • How's it prepared?
    • Flower
      • whole nug
      • ground
    • Concentrate
      • Hemp fibre base
      • SS mesh base
      • On top of flower
    • Hash
      • Thin disc (squiddy hash)
      • Crumbled on screen (moroccan)
      • Other (describe it)
  • What are you heating with?
    • Bic lighter
    • Single flame torch
    • Dual flame torch
    • Triple flame torch
    • Dab torch
    • Candle
    • Induction Heater
    • Sheer force of will
  • Whats your heating technique?
    • Do you spin the M while heating
    • Which end of the tip are you heating
    • How long after the click are you heating
Are you aware that you need to go a few seconds beyond the click with the M as the stainless steel tip takes longer to come up to temp.

The Cap that clicks was originally designed with the Titanium tip in mind so it clicks a little too early for the M.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Howzat?

iJkz0u3.jpg

Meh for you ay?

There must be a way to improve your experience.

The VapCap isn't for everyone but I'm sure there are ways of going from 'meh' to 'hmm', possibly even all the way to 'MMM'.
  • What you cooking in your VC?
    • Flower
    • Concentrate
    • Hash
  • How good is the material?
    • High or low THC/CBD
    • Well cured or fresh or old
    • Is the material dry or damp
  • How's it prepared?
    • Flower
      • whole nug
      • ground
    • Concentrate
      • Hemp fibre base
      • SS mesh base
      • On top of flower
    • Hash
      • Thin disc (squiddy hash)
      • Crumbled on screen (moroccan)
      • Other (describe it)
  • What are you heating with?
    • Bic lighter
    • Single flame torch
    • Dual flame torch
    • Triple flame torch
    • Dab torch
    • Candle
    • Induction Heater
    • Sheer force of will
  • Whats your heating technique?
    • Do you spin the M while heating
    • Which end of the tip are you heating
    • How long after the click are you heating
Are you aware that you need to go a few seconds beyond the click with the M as the stainless steel tip takes longer to come up to temp.

The Cap that clicks was originally designed with the Titanium tip in mind so it clicks a little too early for the M.
Sweet Lord @GreenHopper, you are nailin' this shit!:cheers:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Beautiful work while I was gone. You :rockon:OK, a couple of things will make this fabulous!

#1) I agree with @grokit 's post below. Except that I'd put 3 nicely spaced exclamation points after "Heat only between these 2 points" 1 or 3 @ your discretion. Either a red or coral/orange-red font color. Not only do colors visually signify 'danger,' but it will add visual interest with another color in the mix. *Obviously, just in my mind, not necessary on paper. :p It's your diagram, so it should be the way it appeals most to your eyes & sensibility.

I think an exclamation point is warranted, right after the "these two points" part :tup:

***Edited to say that I see you are going to incorporate the exclamation points.

#2) For the sake of uniformity, I would invert Big hits & more clouds. Only because ya gotta take the hit to have the cloud. :lol:

#3) I would put Cooler & Hotter on the top w/ down arrows & insert Faster & Slower Heat in their place with the up arrow. :nod: You might have to make the cap diagram smaller, maybe move it over down a little, over to the right &/or use a smaller font horizontally. OR, you can put the this illustration between the 2 tilted vcs & this way they are more in-line with their description on the left. I now you'll make it look good. :)

#4) Be sure to title the diagram, whether @ the top of the diagram page or in your post text above & outside the diagram. Then I'd let the diagram stand on it's own because it's perfect. Obviously, you'll label it The (Dyna)Vapcap Cap, but I would be sure to say "steel cap" since as I heard that 1x on the board that supposedly George is coming out with a Ti one. So it's gotta be descriptive enough to stand the test of time as the steel cap is gonna be around for a long time. You can always date it, and take signature credit, along the the bottom. And, then, if & when, the Ti cap materializes you can do that diagram, too. ;) Your legacy will live on for years to come on FC! :nod:

#5) In the same post, under your diagram, I think you should put the dynavap links I had at the bottom of my posts, but just the 4 specifically for the cap. Your diagram & George's vids complement each other extremely well.

As I said, you can post it or I'll post it. Just checked the Best of Nominations & Squiby nominated 6 of her original posts in 2 BoN posts, so you should feel comfortable nominating your own.

Greenhopper, as you can see (& everyone else, too), I really get into stuff like this, either working independently or as a collaboration, as I was (& who knows, maybe will be again) a secretary. I'd love to have been a graphic software artist. So Greenhopper, consider me your right-hand Gal Friday. :D

And, lastly, at the bottom of my last post, I called you Grasshopper :rofl:I'm sorry, forgive me, Boss. :tup:

But honestly, Greenhopper, you did a fabulous job! Kudos! This referral link should reduce the ad nauseam questions concerning the cap significantly. And between your diagram & the vids. the newbies are going to be able to to get a handle on how the vc works because they'll be able to see it visually in your diagram & George's vids. This is a great start at reducing the confusion which makes us newbies feels like this :shrug: :hmm: :ugh: :doh: :bang: :worms:

I look forward to seeing your finished product.

Thank you for allowing me to participate. :)

If you post the finished diagram tom. I won't see it if it's in the later afternnon as this girl's going to a Chicago/Doobie Bros. concert at Jones Beach! :rockon:So I'll look for it when I get home around midnight.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Trying so hard not to buy this. I've never been a fan of using butane or a lighter but for some reason this vape has me drawn in. I've read all the reviews and I guess it's got me in the sense that you can use it anywhere with any source of heat. Makes me want one just to take hiking and camping. Hope everyone's enjoying theirs!:leaf:

virtualpurple

Trying so hard not to buy this. I've never been a fan of using butane or a lighter but for some reason this vape has me drawn in. I've read all the reviews and I guess it's got me in the sense that you can use it anywhere with any source of heat. Makes me want one just to take hiking and camping. Hope everyone's enjoying theirs!:leaf:

I highly recommend giving into the urge, resistance is futile, and you're really missing out on the best bugout vape you'll ever have. And there are great fuel free alternatives now for heating your cap!

Top Bottom