jaidyn

Got my dynavap order yesterday, very exciting!

Spent the evening with the new OmniVap, the flavour through it is incredible, so enjoyable, I honestly didn't expect such a big effect. This is my first vapcap since the OG, and wow, what a difference! I have to say it's making my grasshopper look worse by comparison, which I was curious about, but really wasn't expecting.

It's so small though, I'm thinking I should have got an Omni XL instead, so it's easier to turn in my big hands... Which is annoying as it's too expensive to replace immediately :shrug: So now I'm wondering whether to just try to sell it still in mint condition and order an Omni XL right away... What would you all do in my situation?
I totally get why you would want the XL. Such a small vape can be a bit of a pain to spin. However if I were in your situation, I would hold on to it, and try other methods of spinning it. Some people have rolled it back and forth with the tip just off the edge of a table and lighting it as it rolls. I have done that, and while I personally have smaller hands and don't need to do that, it does get the job done. I am sure you can find your own comfortable technique.
I say keep the one you have, and WHEN you can go for the XL, pull the trigger on that. Nothing wrong with having multiple vapes. :D One to get the method down, another for your daily driver when you can get it. :-)

Besides, having extra parts may come in handy when you get and use your XL. :tup:Already at your disposal will be an extra Omni tip and o-rings. You never know when these things may be needed.

Summer

Long Island, NY
It's so small though, I'm thinking I should have got an Omni XL instead, so it's easier to turn in my big hands... Which is annoying as it's too expensive to replace immediately :shrug: So now I'm wondering whether to just try to sell it still in mint condition and order an Omni XL right away... What would you all do in my situation?

Anybody, please correct me if anything I say below is inaccurate.

Besides selling it or cannibalizing it for parts like @jaidyn suggested, you can buy the individual parts you need. Don't know if they sold the Omni XL Condenser a la carte during the sale & it sold out, or they haven't sold it a la carte yet, but, if not, I have to assume that they will. So you can just hold out 'til they do & then just buy the Omni XL condenser & XL stem as you already have the tip, cap & mp.

I vaguely recall coming across a post that dynavap was coming out with a titanium cap??? Anybody know for sure? If true, you can always hold out & purchase the complete Omni XL sporting this cap upgrade or just buy the cap with the other individual pieces.

You've got options.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Anybody, please correct me if anything I say below is inaccurate.

Besides selling it or cannibalizing it for parts like @jaidyn suggested, you can buy the individual parts you need. Don't know if they sold the Omni XL Condenser a la carte during the sale & it sold out, or they haven't sold it a la carte yet, but, if not, I have to assume that they will. So you can just hold out 'til they do & then just buy the Omni XL condenser & XL stem as you already have the tip, cap & mp.

You've got options.

I love options. DynaVap is the keystone of options. :spliff:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
These older pieces have new life now. I was able to drill them out and reline them with SS. I also took the time to slim them down as the original shape was quite chunky.

sV7AXwC.jpg

Doktor Dub

Got my dynavap order yesterday, very exciting!

Spent the evening with the new OmniVap, the flavour through it is incredible, so enjoyable, I honestly didn't expect such a big effect. This is my first vapcap since the OG, and wow, what a difference! I have to say it's making my grasshopper look worse by comparison, which I was curious about, but really wasn't expecting.

If you are like me, i get easily a little bit obsessed with stuff like this, so i could not stop to think about it, i would say sell it as you will get a good price now and buy the XL version.

Everyone else - use it a few days, you will start to love it and you will learn to turn it easily.

If you are in europe - sell it to me :rockon:

snaffle

If you are like me, i get easily a little bit obsessed with stuff like this, so i could not stop to think about it, i would say sell it as you will get a good price now and buy the XL version.

Haha yeah I totally am like you, I kept dreaming about whether to sell it last night, which isn't the most productive use of the imaginative world of dreams, but hey.

Thanks for the replies folks, ridiculously speedy, this forum is great!

Summer said:

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of, thanks!

Though then I'd have an extra Omni condenser that I'd have to find a use for (well, if I got another tip). I could use it exclusively with a water piece - does the Omni condenser still work without a mouthpiece? I'm wondering whether I could put a nice vong stem on it...

Another (mostly unrelated, probably embarassingly newbie) question: why does the omnivap have a carb hole in the body/stem? Isn't that what the adjustable mouthpiece is for?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Though then I'd have an extra Omni condenser that I'd have to find a use for (well, if I got another tip). I could use it exclusively with a water piece - does the Omni condenser still work without a mouthpiece? I'm wondering whether I could put a nice vong stem on it...

Another (mostly unrelated, probably embarassingly newbie) question: why does the omnivap have a carb hole in the body/stem? Isn't that what the adjustable mouthpiece is for?

Actually, you would have an extra condenser & stem.

Don't know if you have to have a mp on the vong. Seems sensible that you could just cover up the open mp end. (Use your own imagination as to what with.) Dynavap sells a spinning mouth piece for $15. BUT, we don't know yet if Dynavap is going to sell the Omni XL condenser with or w/o the mp; so if sold with, then you would have both a condenser & mouthpiece for a vong stem.

If I'm correct in my understanding, the adjustable mp controls how much air is let in through the carb hole so it's no longer necessary to feather the carb. So, once you adjust it for your desired air flow preference, you can forget it.

Last edited:
Summer,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Got my dynavap, ~snip~ What would you all do in my situation?
I was in your situation and was dead set on upgrading to the XL Omni upon release. Untill they dropped the faceted body on us. So I took a chance and just added the body cause I already had my modded DS to fit it in. Those angles and the texture are what make spinning it so much easier. The XL Omni may be a touch easier to spin with its extra length, but you still have the same girth, just a different anchor place for the mp. Same grip and texture of the facets on both though when spinning.
They did sell the XL Omni condenser by itself during the sale, I'm sure there will be more added soon. Prolly keeping stock to sell the newer hot unit as a whole.
The mouthpiece is part of the Omni condenser, you don't remove it when used with a water piece.
The carb let's the air in, the adjustable condenser controls how much or little air you mix into the vape flow. :peace:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Haha yeah I totally am like you, I kept dreaming about whether to sell it last night, which isn't the most productive use of the imaginative world of dreams, but hey.

Thanks for the replies folks, ridiculously speedy, this forum is great!

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of, thanks!

Firstly I'd consider getting an @Pipes Induction Heater to solve your spinning issues. With the Induction
Heater you don't need to spin the Omni.

Secondly the carb hole on the body is where the fresh air comes in before the Omni's variable air flow condenser mixes the fresh air with the hot vapour from the tip. Without that hoe you wouldn't have any fresh air inlet so the Omni condenser wouldn't have anything to mix with the vapour.

bioJLeV.jpg

*the above image shows the air and vapor flow, with the Omni you can move the condenser in and out of the Ti Tip changing the ratio of air to vapour.

Lastly, If you do want to upgrade to the XL you can buy an XL Condenser (which comes with the MP as the Omni MP is integrated into the condenser unit) and a stem. The problem is you end up with a spare non XL condenser (including MP) and a spare body. The result of which you'll end up buying a spare Ti-Tip to fit on it because you'll conclude that for $40 more you could have a fully working Omni and XL Omni.

Philreal187

The Vapcap m has finally found its way into my rotation thanks to @duff and his generosity!

I have probably vaped about 20 sessions since owning and really starting to love it! It's simple to pack and unload, very easy to clean and keep clean. The clicks make it a breeze to keep it in vaping temps. The flavor is excellent, and even roasting of the herb! I have only used a single flame vapman torch and it does the trick well. I'm sure more power can be faster, but for right now I'm very happy with the results.

This vape was a rabbit hole i was trying to avoid. I love butane vapes but even more so I love exotic woods.. The dynastash and all the wood bodys are amazing and I have already excepted that when the time comes I will upgrade the m. For now its perfect and a lot of fun to use.

My first session i did combust :doh: but that was the last time, live and learn haha

Anyways just popping in to share my love for the vapcap which was long over due!

Thank you @VapCap for these outstanding and game changing products.

@duff thank you sir for the gift.
Now I just can't spend all my money putting together my dream vapcap set haha :worms:

:peace:

Bad Ocelot

Pretty sure the vapcap has surpassed my Crafty as my most used flower vape. Really digging the M & my Omni/M frankenvap.

I've still got a couple of glass stems for the vapcap S that I use occasionally & those work great as well. I am curious if they'd ever consider a quartz tip, that would be an interesting change of pace.

An M stem would be good to so that the M could work with the wood mouthpieces. I know it technically does now, but a little odd looking with the mouthpiece shape already on the body. Possibly with one side flattened and/or textured to prevent rolling/highlight the carb. I love the new Ti omni body, but it does get hotter than the thicker, heavier, SS M body.

kushkush

happy camper....
First, remove the tip from the M. Take off the cap, and use the "digger outer" and push it into the end of the M body where the tip was so it is pushing against the condenser. It will pop right out with only a little effort.

Although for me, if I am just doing some light maintenance on it, I don't bother removing it. I just use an ISO soaked q-tip and push it through the condenser, and swab the inside of the tip. Rinse it all off in some water, and that is that. Little hastle. I only need to really take it all apart when I combust. Then I am far more thorough.

Thanks for your suggestion! :) That pushed it out a little ways and then I just used a q-tip to push the whole thing out...actually I could just pull it out after the first little shove.

Now I've got another couple of questions....

1) I know someone here cut a Volcano steel mesh concentrate pad to fit in these little tips. I just need to know how the pad was cut, what tools were used, etc.

2) Is there a video someplace of how to wrap the hemp fiber to use it as a concentrate pad? I got a couple of good pics from here but just wonder if there's a video too?

Thanks again, jaidyn, and to all who contribute so much to helping us newbies out! :D

Bad Ocelot

I just use flush cutters like many folks have for resistance wire in ecigs. Dunno what methods are used for the hemp fiber.

Bad Ocelot,

deldrice

***Edit: I solved it thanks to this reddit post I just stumbled across. Going to leave my original post for those that may encounter similar issues. My condenser was definitely not pressed into the threaded adapter far enough. I was able to (with quite a bit of force...) press it further into the adapter about 3.5 mm so it sits flush with the mouthpiece now. Seems to have solved the super restricted airflow issue***

Hey everyone, longtime lurker looking for some advice regarding my new XL omni. I've been using an M for the past few months and definitely have a good feel for the device as a whole, but I've been pretty underwhelmed by the omni's supposedly improved performance.

I feel as though the airflow is even more restricted than the M, even when the condenser is screwed in all the way/ in its most open position. Adjusting the condenser only makes the draw resistance even worse.

Does this seem off, or am I just misunderstanding the design of the omni? I was under the impression the Ti tip and the adjustable condenser would allow me to get a bit more airflow than the M and then a bit less when screwed deeper into the tip. This definitely doesn't seem to be the case.

I also notice that in the M, the condenser sits a few mm below the end of the body (on the tip side), while in the Ti Omni, the condenser is protruding from the tip-side of the stem, even when screwed completely into the mouthpiece. Is this the case for all of the omni condensers?

I definitely like the Ti tip in regards to heating, but I'm starting to regret purchasing the omni over a Ti woody due to the airflow trouble.

Last edited:

Godspeed

@deldrice -

I do not have the M, but do have the Omni and the new Omni XL. I keep both condensers fully screwed in to the mouthpiece for the densest vapor and utilize degummed hemp fiber in both. The Omni for me is like sucking through a thin straw with moderate resistance. The Omni XL has considerably less resistance.

Wish I had an answer to your question but the experts will chime in soon.

Godspeed,

Godspeed

Last edited:

ArthurJ

I'm really enjoying my new NonaVongs.
I also feel really dialed in with my VCs.
I heat it low on the cap, just where it covers the tip after a quick preheat.
So its slow to click, anywhere from 10 - 20+ seconds and I get more vapor than I can handle in one inhale, thick, rich almost smoky clouds. It pairs well with the MFLB orbiter. Thats the second heat exhale, I get two heat cycles and both it and I are toast. A big draw fills me and the orbiter and then I sip at it for 3-4 more draws on a heat cycle. Really powerful, and a little stinkier than most of my vapes but I think its the fullest extraction I get.

0ea9q0f.jpg

I got this cooling unit from dhgate to pair with my grasshopper. Lo and behold it accepts my NonaVongs nicely.
Same with the orbiter, big draw to fill it then sip and puff to clear it.
Rosted in 2.

09ZCvpD.jpg

Top Bottom