1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@Squiby, trust you're well and caught up on this steamroller of a thread, just no stopping it, I don't even bother trying to keep up anymore. 17,472+ replies and 1,267,870+ views.

My M video,again, for anyone who likes visual stimuli. No doubts about performance.
    Click to play YouTube Video

M tip mod, I've also filed mine a bit, flows a bit better. Round needle file, an easy job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
  2. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

so.... i am doing some tests on my new VC to try and "figure it out" before i load it. i have done a few heats ups (while empty) and i hear the click but its after the first click that i have had 2 possibly weird issues?

1) first time i did it i heated it up till it "clicked" and held it in my hand till i heard a second click. i then put it on the magnet of my dynastash and i heard two more clicks and no i am not talking about the "click" of the cap hitting magnet... i ignored that. i distinctly heard 2 more clicks after being placed on the magnet

2) heated it up again till it clicked (empty again), this time i did not wait very long with it in my hand for the second click, i put it on the magnet and again heard two clicks.

i thought it was one click it's heated, second click it's cooled off. what is the third?

also.... is the cap supposed to be so loose when on the tip? mine seems very loose.

haven't tried it with the good stuff yet but looking forward to it

Summer, Vapor_Eyes, Derrrpp and 3 others like this.
  3. hawkstwelve

hawkstwelve Member

I've seen this mentioned a lot on /r/vaporents and the conclusion is that the two clicks is normal for both heat up and cool off. I believe it's a fail-safe type of thing as in if you don't hear the first, smaller click you will hopefully hear the second, larger click. Completely normal.

Also, the Dynavap FAQ states the following in regards to the cap not staying on: "When cooled and off the device, a slight squeeze of the cap will adjust the contact with the tip." Might try that out and see if it helps.

4. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Mine often have a subtle click before the main click both heating and cooling.

Sometimes on the cooling I don't get a second. This has been talked about, I think it's in the design and is a back up. I'm sure someone can jump in and correct or expand in this.....

Summer, Vapor_Eyes, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  5. mmenzie

thank you both for your responses!!! did a test run with the good stuff this time and i have to say my initial thought are good. it only took 2 rounds (heatup, hit, cooldown, - heatup, hit, cooldown) and my bud was deep brown and spent. first pull was tasty but kinda wispy clouds and second hit was not as flavorful but big clouds. i am SURE i still need to dial this in, but i can tell i will probably get it sooner than later and i will enjoy this in my lineup

6. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Two bi-metal disks in cap. One is redundant. In case you missed it. Use second click. For less vapor use the first one.
    If you look at the cap the side of the cap opening the side that has the digger wants to flatten out. To tighten the cap, make it rounder or less round . All the caps are the same size. Doc

7. exime

exime Well-Known Member

I tried out some flavorless CBD wax with the hemp fiber for the first time and thought I was getting rips but it turns out that the hemp fiber gives off vapor too.

So how do you know when you've used up your flavorless concentrate without taking off the cap? Is a CBD wax typically only 1-2 hits?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  8. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

Now I'm confused. If we ignore the first click, and there is only one click, couldn't we end up over-cooking? I had no idea until now that there were two clicks at the beginning (warmed up) and again at the end (cooled). So...shouldn't we respond and quit torching when we hear the first click?

9. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

So, I haven't modified any of my Ms, mostly because I don't HAVE a needle or other file to do the job. Do you guys think the improvement in airflow is enough to make it worth buying one? How noticeable IS the improvement? Is it enough that George should be doing it, or offering to do it for a couple bucks extra? I realize that this might interfere with the efficiency that allows him to sell this one so inexpensively...
    When I get 2 clicks they are often so close together that if I stop heating after the first, the second still happens. There will be variability between caps on this and it would be hard to make a hard and fast rule. It will depend...

10. steama

steama Well-Known Member

If you hear the first click, do not ignore it but wait a 'short moment' more with the flame for a 'possible' second click. We are not talking much time here. After you hear that first 'soft' click be ready to stop heating whether the second click happens or not.

:2c:

I did a before draw test to three Ms before modification. After the modification I felt the draw was much improved.

11. fcmember

I went ahead and added the Ti tip to my first order (ouch!) because I don't trust my modding skills. :rolleyes:

Vapor_Eyes, cybrguy, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  12. mmenzie

so second test run not too much different than the first but a little. two heatup rounds again and spent but this time the first round was much weaker than my first time using it... so weak i hit it all the way till the cooling click and blew out a light cloud. second heatup and i took a hit and almost knocked me on my ass and the taste was spent bad. after i was done coughing i opened it up and although i did not combust, it was very near close which explains the taste i had.

i really need to find my "groove" with it and will take some time. i can see this, as of right now, as a compliment, not a replacement, of my grasshopper. it really fills my void from my old "dugout" days especially with the dynastash i bought with it.if i were to make one improvement to the dynastash, is that i would add a spring on the VC side like my old dugout had to pop the VC up when you open its side. i will probably do this myself if i ever find the right spring size

Summer, Vapor_Eyes, grokit and 5 others like this.
  13. turk

turk turk

...I have a cobalt ti-woody s...and a cobalt omni...guess they are now "rare"....the cobalt didn't seem to make the latest transition...(well they still show cobalt ti-woody...it's the cobalt omni which seems gone .).

14. steama

steama Well-Known Member

If we are talking about the 'M', lean on the heat a little at first. Count to three after the first click (or heat cycle). Count to two after the second click, and on the third round I do not heat any time past the click. This is how I am using my 'M' to great success.

For the omni or Ti tip I respect the click much more, especially in later heat cycles.

15. mmenzie

mine is not an "M" and not an Omni either. i have Ti Woody-S

16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

You are right. You just need to find your groove. You have a great attitude for sure. :peace:

Sorry, I should be more clear when I say omni that I am also meaning the Ti tip.

Squiby, Derrrpp, ClearBlueLou and 5 others like this.
  17. turk

turk turk

...you have a "uni"....my heads spinning...time for another bowl....(been saying cobalt instead of carbon)

18. phattpiggie

@cybrguy for the sake of a couple of bucks for a needle file it's worth a try. As long as you take your time and file little amounts you can't go wrong, the SS isn't very difficult to file.

DirtyD, cybrguy, steama and 5 others like this.
  19. fcmember

What's a 'uni'?

Thanks a TON for that pic. I actually think I can do this..... :nod:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  20. turk

turk turk

....dynavap names their vapes into categories...the omni...the uni...the vong....now the m also...within the categories there are interchangeable parts that are mix and match...at customers desire...your ti-woody s ...is a uni...if you go to the site...under each category is a "option" to see ALL the vapes available for that category...check it out.

21. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

These are perfect:

PAIR QUICK RELEASE SKEWER SPRINGS (2) FOR MTB,RACER,ROAD BIKE,FIXIE ALL SKEWERS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017M851NI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_48qBzbVCHN0EV

[​IMG]

I knew what you were referring too ;)

Summer, Vapor_Eyes, Squiby and 8 others like this.
  22. fcmember

Now I feel downright stupid. I missed seeing the Uni..... :doh: Thank you!

Derrrpp and turk like this.
  23. turk

turk turk

...no worries man...we're here to help each other ....(at least when we're not too fucked up...).:wave:

24. phattpiggie

Also posted this in the Induction Heater thread. This device opens the VC door to those less able than others.
    No spinning, no torch and a louder click which can be easily felt.
    Click to play YouTube Video

25. mrb

mrb smoke free me

Just keep at it. You'll find your way without too much trouble and you'll find something that works brilliantly for you.

This thread is an amazing source of info, but it also proves there is a massive amount of variety in users techniques, preferences and results.. Amazingly almost all ending in a happy user.

Depending on. . .
    tip material, lighter strength, heating method, bowl size, airflow preference, weed, environmental temperature etc... The experience will be different.

You'll learn your technique quickly enough i imagine.
    Remember to try heating different areas of the cap to get different temperature clicks.. Nearer mouth end for higher heat, nearer the end of the cap for lower heat.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors