• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
@Silver420Surfer, the spinning mouthpiece makes it easier to spin the VapCap while heating with a torch. I rest the mouthpiece between my ring finger and my palm, and spin the stem with my thumb and index finger. Also, with the spinning mouthpiece you can rotate the VapCap while it's in your mouth, which is how I prefer to feather the carb during my draw. :2c:

:peace:

Edit: Yes! Rick and Morty is hilarious!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
How do you torch your VC? I never touch the mp while heating. I spin the stem/body not the mp.
But I'm not spinning anymore I'm just pushing (the VC into the Pipe's induction heater :D)

It's only the name bc you CAN spin it but not it's function.

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist
Thought the M was $50... I reckon that is what you meant.. still a significant price difference between the two.

That is interesting. Given how much emphasis they are putting to interchangeable parts, hoping it fits current models

He did mean $20 for an M. Sale for returning customers for a limited time.
The M is a wonderful unit well worth it's price at $50 that hits as well as an omni and gets you all of the vapcap experience.
I found my M can yeild more heat cycles per load. I was getting 6 with the M, and 4 with the omni. :hmm:

Yeah I meant $20, which was an absolute steal and I doubt will be offered again. $50 is still a fair price for such a well designed vape that just works.

When/If a newly designed cap is released I imagine George and the dynavap team will ensure it is backwards compatible. In my opinion all that needs to change is that it should be slightly heavier/thicker metal with rounded edges to give it a premium feel in keeping with the high quality of the rest of the dynavap range.

With regards to the more heat cycles for the m over the omni, I doubt that has much to do with the omni condenser and more to do with the different thermal properties of the SS tip vs the Ti tip. Interesting though!

Well, that's kinda silly. What's wrong with variety? What's wrong with having different price points? I think the modularity of their components is one of DynaVap's greatest strengths. And folks who don't want to spend $200 on a top of the product line vape can spend $50 and get just as fucked up with a couple fewer features and/or cheaper materials.

And in terms of this model hurting his business, if there were only one type of VC I would have one, or maybe 2 to have a backup. I have 4 or 5 now and one waiting for a taker, so, not so much.

They HAVE been pretty busy so I'll let the all titanium Uni slide for a while. And I'm sure you can already request it.

Me, I'm a spice of life kinda guy.

I can see where you are coming from but isn't it like saying that a Ferrari should only have a V12 and not a V10 or V8? Not everybody can afford top of the range so cheaper alternatives that can do just as good a job are very welcome!

My point was that if they could bring the cost of the omni condenser down by improving the efficiency of its production (as the increased cost must lie in the more complicated design and subsequent increased manufacturing time), then they could offer the omni condenser as the standard condenser for all Ti tipped vapcaps. Then the only model with a simple condenser would be the m (separating it from the Ti tipped omni ones). Then the Ti body would just be an option instead of the wood.

It just seems a shame that most of the dynavap range will be sold without a part that the developer considers an improvement in design. I mean wouldn't you rather have the V12 Ferrari as standard if it was (nearly) as affordable as the V8? At the moment a cocobolo double crown Ti woody-s with cocobolo MP costs $100 on the dynabuilder ($105 in the store, what's that about?) and the same unit with a omni condenser costs $160. $60 just for a twisty condenser seems a hefty price tag and if they could bring costs down and offer the cocobolo omni as the standard Ti tipped cocobolo (say for ~$120) then the cost of their range would increase slightly meaning more income (assuming the cost/profit ratio on the omni could be made to work) and their standard product (majority of their product range) would become better.

If the increased cost is down to the Ti then make the omni condenser completely out of steel instead, I really don't think people would care/be able to tell the difference between the metals. I understand that the Ti tips have different thermal properties to the m's SS one, but surely the type of metal for the condenser has no/negligible effect on the vapour? Can anyone who has both the old omni condenser made out of SS and new one made out of Ti offer any opinion on this? Also, if anyone is wondering whether the cost of a metal MP is considerably more than wood, I'm fairly sure dynavap briefly sold Ti spinning MPs for $10 each (correct me if I'm wrong).

I am in agreement though, the modularity is one of big reasons I love dynavap so much! I just think the omni should be standard for their product range (if cost/profit ratio could be made to work).

One final thought, I wonder if they will offer the carbon with crowns one day (single/double)? I think it would look cleaner/leaner/meaner.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
@Hogni since I spin the VapCap in only one direction as opposed to rotating it back and forth, I rest the mouthpiece in my palm and anchor it there with my ring finger. I then grip the stem up closer to the tip with my thumb and index finger to rotate it. Sort of similar to how I'd turn a small screwdriver, I guess.

@Derrrpp --- Aaah ha! Thanks for explaining that and I agree with you that makes it easier for me to spin using your method.

Rick and Morty...two more weeks till new season!
No problem, glad I could help.

Can't wait for the new season! That show always has me rolling!

:cheers:

Whissmu

This is my skuba VC for the day:
image.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:smug:

Well done @VapCap and crew.
Keep on tweaking what you think needs tweaking cause stuff keeps getting better when you do.
The Gen 5 Ti Tip is pretty freaking sweet. Smooth hitting, even toasting with good flow producing huge clouds.
One downside though affecting lego type compatibility with all my vc pieces.
@jaidyn mentioned the new Ti tip coming off the M body and staying on the magnet. The Ti tips base that enter the body or stems seem to have been getting smaller in diameter as the Gens have progressed. My new gen 5 tip will not stay on my older cocobolo stem w/crown that came with my Gen 2 tip. My giant Hodar stem and another wood body I have with steel tubing in it only fit my Gen 2 tip and 1 of my gen 4 tips. My other Gen 4 kinda stays but the Gen 5 does not at all. Will girthier high temp o-rings on the tip fix this?

These are perfect:

412BlUyFjeL._SY400_.jpg

Thanks man. These will be perfect for the quieting the slight rattle my Omni and slim torch make in the DS shuffling around in my pocket. :clap:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
:smug:

Well done @VapCap and crew.
Keep on tweaking what you think needs tweaking cause stuff keeps getting better when you do.
The Gen 5 Ti Tip is pretty freaking sweet. Smooth hitting, even toasting with good flow producing huge clouds.
One downside though affecting lego type compatibility with all my vc pieces.
@jaidyn mentioned the new Ti tip coming off the M body and staying on the magnet. The Ti tips base that enter the body or stems seem to have been getting smaller in diameter as the Gens have progressed. My new gen 5 tip will not stay on my older cocobolo stem w/crown that came with my Gen 2 tip. My giant Hodar stem and another wood body I have with steel tubing in it only fit my Gen 2 tip and 1 of my gen 4 tips. My other Gen 4 kinda stays but the Gen 5 does not at all. Will girthier high temp o-rings on the tip fix this?
I've noticed quite the variance in vapcap tip size which makes it hard to find an inner diameter that works with everything. My Gen 2 is by far the tightest fit, Gen 4 is loose, and the M falls somewhere in between. This isn't a problem until one tries to swap a tip from body to body and the o-rings are already shaped/formed to the old body. o-rings will flatten out over time with exposure to heat making for a loose fit even if they look "new". As such I've been including fresh o-rings with every order I send now as it ensures the best chance at getting a good fit.

I've also been trialing silicone o-rings, they seem to retain their roundness, insert smoother and are over all less prone to flattening out than the black ones. Of course they cost nearly twice as much and have to be ordered in bulk :\.

Last edited:

Squiby

I tried out some flavorless CBD wax with the hemp fiber for the first time and thought I was getting rips but it turns out that the hemp fiber gives off vapor too.

So how do you know when you've used up your flavorless concentrate without taking off the cap? Is a CBD wax typically only 1-2 hits?

For vaping dry bud I sandwich a degummed hemp fiber filter between two screens. But for concentrates I use a concentrate pad that I stuff in the herb chamber and top up with concentrate. I works great. Nice flavour and you can take tokes periodically throughout the day without degrading the flavour.

When you no longer produce vapour your concentrate is used up and its time to reload.

Here are the details for making a hemp filter sandwich.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

And here are the steps for making your Vapcap into a great concentrate vape.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-628#post-1122587

I have an Omnivap that I want to convert to have a spinning mouthpiece. Will I need a standard condenser with mouthpiece or an xl condenser with mouthpiece?

If you have a regular length Omnivap, you will need a standard condenser which will accommodate the Omni body and a spinning mp.

Anyone know of good torches with silent buttons? My Vertigo is too loud for the wilderness as crazy as that sounds. Really loud click when you're on the forest hiking trail or in a camp site draws too much attention.

Here is that fint igniting cylinder jet lighter. It's a single jet and my favorite. It's quiet, tiny and it will fit into a Vapcap Pouch or even a Dynastash if you sacrifice the herb compartment and bore out the hole a bit.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Creative-Cyl...791940?hash=item2a7160be04:g:OSMAAOSwjVVVnWp4

You can show all your friends how nice your wood looks all polished up.

Although I'm sure yours is lovely, that's just WAY TMI.. :cool:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I'll join the chorus: "mail's in!"

The new Omni body is not just beautiful, not just cool-looking, not even primarily cosmetic: it's easy to hold & stable in rotation like the original has never been for me. The new ti tip sits slightly 'proud' against the new body, there's a slight gap - there is also the same slight gap at the mouthpiece end, likely a characteristic of the body; the new tip fits more loosely than the 7-fin, and it feels longer, but they're virtually the same size.

UPDATE: the 5-fin tip is looser than I thought: just now, when taking up the Omni, the magnet pulled THE TIP off - the cap did not budge. (The tip was on the original Omni body: the 5-fin tip fits the new Omni body very well)

Not sure what else they've done w/ the 5-fin, but it turns my Omni into a different rig: my longest comfortable draw fits nicely with the time between clicks, so less vapor sitting around sticking to everything, no coughing, no extra in-chamber toasting while you ready yourself for another pull. Heats in much less time than the 7-fin, cools quicker but not too-quick. I can't check much more than that, as raw materials are in short supply.

Having been so impressed with DV's lighter offerings, I splurged for the quad-jet, and...WOW, this Vertigo 4-jet might be the ultimate flame source. It has a HUGE visible reservoir, provides a broad heat & high-enough temperatures to sync well with the click mechanism: I'm getting more even heats, better flavor, better vapor, strong effect even into the 3rd and 4th heats - all while keeping the herb fresher longer (I've gotten into the habit of checking the color of my bowl contents between each heat, and after 4 heats this load still has one last heat left in it). Yes, the lighter itself is contributing to efficiency gains. As are the tip design changes.

I can also tell you that the tip and body are exquisitely done; my hybrid 'new-Omni' is well-balanced and comfortable and a joy to use, specifically compared to my 01/17-vintage Omni, which is no slouch.

Here's what I think: the new tip and other novel features of the new Omni represent the same sort (and quality) of evolution that conjured the M from the OG: the point of the Omni was never that it was 'better', but that it was (or could be) different - as good as, but not the same. The new Ti tip strengthens that difference, tho the distinction is now between the M & the SS tip OTOH and all the rest w/ the Ti OTO. These offer two different experiences, is what it boils down to. I'm quite sure that many will tend toward one or the other but they're each marvelous either way (a hallmark of quality engineering).

Maybe some people forget that the Omni is ALSO a regular straight VapCap: leave the screen at the bottom of the bowl & screw the condenser pieces together, and you've got a Titanium Uni, in effect. The rest is cool design & neat tricks that work out great....

Referencing some talk lately about the Omni being the "better" product, and the rest of the line-up being somehow fraudulent and unworthy (and DV being somehow skeevy and unprincipled 'cause product line?): over the course of the first 3 weeks of January, I went from knowing nothing about the company or these things they make to placing my first order for an Omni. I love it, loved it right away, but I was also confused, annoyed, ignorant, and impatient during my break-in period, too, as some folks likely remember (it's the 'Cat that gets broken-in, not the 'Cap). It can happen.

I also love my M, for reasons having nothing particularly to do with the Omni or its design. Had I not opted for the Omni I'd've bought a Woody, not an OG, and I would have already told y'all what I like about it. I'll probably get around to a Woody (or another hybrid) @ some point, but maybe that *IS* my point: each is, in a sense, better company for some times & occasions than others, and that right there gives reason to have more than one - and not just as a back-up. Fulfillment, satisfaction, enjoyment go along with each rig and its right use, and all that's sure is change.

I understand folks' collections I think better now than before. Kinda like having more than one favorite hat...valuations like "the best" require context and qualification: ruling the autobahn and going mudding are different activities and require different vehicles, so questions like "what's THE BEST?" aren't actually interesting.

As for the price of the Omni, the 2-piece condenser may be the trickiest piece to produce: it is the most expensive part of the rig. Also sure titanium is more expensive, and may be trickier to work. The Omni condenser is single-handedly responsible for the difference in price between an Omni and a Ti-Uni. I'm not sorry I made the Omni my first choice, and I'm thrilled with the recent developments. I think cheapening the product line to make everything 'Omni lite' would be a real bad idea, but then I'm an actual fan of excellence.

I consider it all money well-spent, including my new Dynastash, which I will go on about elsewhere.

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....
L:o:oky here:

" Congratulations! Your Dynavap products are on the way to you now. "

Oh, man. I can go to town, now. :myday: WTMI?

May I ask what day you ordered? :) (As you can see, that question has nothing to do with shipping) :D

kushkush,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My stash is only a few millimeters longer than my woody s and it fits the spring just fine. And I put mine in mouthpiece toward the spring and it's never hurt it
Well, I may have to give it a try, then. If my stash side is loaded I dislike having to try to cover the stash opening to pour out the VC. Pop up, like my dugout, would be nice...
The only thing that bugs me about sebum is that it seems like it could go rancid like many food-grade oils do. But if it's good enough to be considered a 'tradition' in certain cultures, it's good enough for me :tup:
You might want to be careful about too generally following that concept. I have seen some pretty "nasty" cultural "traditions" that are pretty far removed from anything I might cooperatively indulge in.
Still, I must put nasty in quotes due to that different strokes thing... :shrug:

Top Bottom