1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. vapethirty

vapethirty Active Member

Ok.. I now see the 4 categories of vaps they offer. What I mentioned in my question was referring to the Uni, so yes I see what your saying here. This would give me the titanium ends which are said to work better. Also see what your saying about no all titanium uni setup.. which does sound appealing. I like the wood style designs though so no big deal for me there.

Also still looking to hear back about the level of difference between the SS and Ti specifically in regard to heat diffusion/vapor quality. Does the SS char it a little more? kind of looked pretty black when they ashed one.

Still most interested in M although looking at all options.. may buy tonight

Derrrpp, DirtyD, Squiby and 1 other person like this.
  2. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

The Vong is the 14mm wood body or stem designed to work directly with a 14mm glass joint on a water piece.

The properties of steel and titanium are different, but the biggest noticeable difference is in heat retention and weight, I would think. Ti is lighter and steel tends to hold heat longer and conduct it more, so the M stem may get a little hotter and stay hot a little longer.

Or so it seems to me.

Derrrpp, FreddieFresh, DirtyD and 3 others like this.
  3. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Boy! I was away for a few days and came back to find that I had a lot of pages to read to catch up. Love this thread! Welcome to all the new Vapcappers. You have just ventured into the land of LEGO for stoners. Enjoy!

There is a 17mm difference in length between a body and a stem.

A body is 45mm long and uses a standard condenser which accomodates a 62 mm configuration; 45mm body + 17mm spinning mp = 62mm.

A stem is 62 mm long and can use either a standard condenser or an XL condenser. Using a standard condenser the stem will cover it's length without an added mp. Using an XL condenser, which accommodates a 79mm configuration of a 62 mm stem + a 17 mm spinning mp = 79mm.

Vapcaps that use a standard condenser will fit into a regular Dynastash/ER.

Vapcaps that use an XL condenser will fit into an XL Dynastash/ER.

Which length of Vapcap to choose? If you have large hands or are less nimble you might find the XL Vapcaps fit your hand better. If you are looking for stealth choose a regular length Vapcap. Vapcaps sporting the spinning mp can be easier to twirl. If you have a water tool with a short joint you might want a Vapcap without an added mp. Beyond these few elements, it is all personal preference and asthetic. Choose the one you like the looks of.

My tip can accommodate the following loads cured bud stored with a 62% rh bodeva pack. This is according to my scale so it could vary +- depending on other more accurate scales and the amount of moisture in your bud.

Screen in bottom groove - .07 grams

Screen in middle groove - .05 grams

Screen in top groove - .03 grams

These are the absolute max amounts that I can stuff into the chamber. In practice, I never fill the Vapcap to capacity. I like to pop an unground nug in there and let it float freely. My average load is .015 grams, just a tiny nug. I vape several times per day.

Obviously I microdose and absolutely love the effects! The highs are cleaner and far more enjoyable compared to a heavier dose. It took some effort to get down to lower doses, but if you load a tiny bit less each time, a tiny bit less, you may find that you get just as high but a cleaner high with far less weed.

The Vapcap is not only fantastic for microdoses and is astonishingly conservative with your weed.

The Vapcap is a hybrid device. The oven is heated and air is drawn between the cap and the tips exterior channels and heated before passing through the bud. The M tip would likey have a slightly higher conduction ratio compered to a Ti tip IMO.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  4. xlr8shun

xlr8shun Well-Known Member

Same here.. but i used the irwin clamp i used for rosin with pretty much the same instructions as @steama listed...

I initially used my fingers to hold the tip as well, but thats just asking for cramps, lol... a vice or, if you dont have a workshop, the irwin clamp and some clever positioning in your lap will work just fine..

Squiby, Derrrpp, FreddieFresh and 3 others like this.
  5. turk

turk turk

...welcome back squiby...your observations and insight is always helpful....and yes....there are many new disciples...

Squiby, Derrrpp, FreddieFresh and 7 others like this.
  6. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    Can we get this added to the best of? It's current and had a fair amount of info not there.....:clap:

Squiby, Derrrpp, FreddieFresh and 5 others like this.
  7. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

I've also had this thought...

I came to the conclusion that it just wouldn't make sense for them because it would devalue the all Ti omni.

Originally it was their only all metal vapcap, with a contemporary design feel instead of the more vintage wood; which I know some people on here have said they prefer and would not buy wood because it doesn't appeal to them or it smells.

With the advent of the m, those people now have a cheaper alternative to the omni. It is most likely already their biggest seller.

The variable airflow and fact it's titanium is not going to be a big enough seller for most people to want to spend $155 more (m for a mate sale $20 vs Ti omni $175), when they can just have stainless steel and learn to feather the carb.

Production must be slowed down as a result of having to create and assemble all of the different components and units.

I think they should just try and improve efficiency of their omni condenser production and bring the costs down to where they are able to offer all units (except the m) with an omni condenser (with interchangeable wood mouthpieces for those that want them). Then just offer the Ti body as a metal option to the Ti woody(-s)? Keeping all the Ti tipped family together and further separating them from the m.

If George believes the vapcap product is better with variable airflow (which he must if he's charging more for it), then he's doing a disservice to his product and customers by selling the majority of the dynavap range without it, and he's making assembly more complicated which is probably costing him in terms of man hours.

Anyway, clearly I'm too vaked and thinking too much.

Before anyone shoots me down for blasphemy, like they did when I said I think the cap is the only part of the vapcap that feels cheap and thin/flimsy, George has asked us for our thoughts, recommendation and criticisms; and apparently he's working on a new cap design ;):worms:

8. vapethirty

vapethirty Active Member

Thought the M was $50... I reckon that is what you meant.. still a significant price difference between the two. On the site it really doesn't do much to distinguish why the variable airflow makes that much difference + looks like you can mod it (planning on trying with my dremel tool + diamond tips I got for drilling through glass).

That is interesting. Given how much emphasis they are putting to interchangeable parts, hoping it fits current models....

Still haven't heard much feedback on the M .... other than recent posts a page ago suggesting Ti tip... which if purchased later would end up about same price as uni.

Are you happy with the vapor production of M? Do you get any issues with combustion from conduction?

What is M bowl size? I saw the post above re the variable Ti sizes. the smallest .3 is what I am interested in. I figured as well that could be adjusted by adding screens to it..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    DirtyD likes this.
  9. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Pump your brakes and read abit of this thread. You would know about the delay in shipping and why it's happening right about now.
    Plenty of info on the M since it came out near 4/20.
    He did mean $20 for an M. Sale for returning customers for a limited time.
    The M is a wonderful unit well worth it's price at $50 that hits as well as an omni and gets you all of the vapcap experience.
    I found my M can yeild more heat cycles per load. I was getting 6 with the M, and 4 with the omni. :hmm:
    The omni is a well built titanium unit that offers easy adjustability in air flow.
    PIU has some different Vapcaps in stock for two day satisfaction. No coupon code on those though.
    :peace:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Squiby, Derrrpp, DirtyD and 10 others like this.
  10. Vape Dr.

Vape Dr. Well-Known Member

Absolutely loving my M!:)

Click to play YouTube Video

11. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

Says 'this video is unavailable'.... Fix it quick! :D

steama and Vape Dr. like this.
  12. Vape Dr.

Vape Dr. Well-Known Member

Working now?

steama likes this.
  13. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Yes :tup: niceeeeeee

Derrrpp, steama and Vape Dr. like this.
  14. WarpaintFree

WarpaintFree Well-Known Member

Do you think you're extracting to the same extent in 4 cycles on the Omni as 6 cycles in the M?

steama, Smokey McVape and GreenHopper like this.
  15. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

Yepsie doozers. Great little video. And big little cloud! :nod:

Derrrpp, steama and Vape Dr. like this.
  16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Well, that's kinda silly. What's wrong with variety? What's wrong with having different price points? I think the modularity of their components is one of DynaVap's greatest strengths. And folks who don't want to spend $200 on a top of the product line vape can spend $50 and get just as fucked up with a couple fewer features and/or cheaper materials.

And in terms of this model hurting his business, if there were only one type of VC I would have one, or maybe 2 to have a backup. I have 4 or 5 now and one waiting for a taker, so, not so much.

They HAVE been pretty busy so I'll let the all titanium Uni slide for a while. And I'm sure you can already request it.

Me, I'm a spice of life kinda guy.

17. vapethirty

vapethirty Active Member

Ahh yes... I read about ten pages back now. no wonder people are buying so many right now. Just ordered two Ms from PIU. Thanks for suggesting them.

Gigsabits53, Squiby, Derrrpp and 9 others like this.
  18. finallyfigureditout

finallyfigureditout BurntOut

for now ;)

don't blame the vapcap for that! one should not handle blow torch while peaking on LSD! Have a designated stoner light your torch next time. "If" you can manage to communicate your predicament you could convert someone to Vapor and get them to Fuck Combustion! Now that would be a trip!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  19. Smokey McVape

Smokey McVape Peace. Love. Unity. Dynavap.

I can see where you are coming from but isn't it like saying that a Ferrari should only have a V12 and not a V10 or V8? Not everybody can afford top of the range so cheaper alternatives that can do just as good a job are very welcome!

20. stark1

stark1 Well-Known Member

say you. Betcha a M4AF that your curiousity will peak at the next incarnation of the ever evolving VapCaps; not to mention the furious pace of 2017 intro of new(er) debutante vaporizers.....

Bet? :spliff::cheers:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, Squiby, grokit and 6 others like this.
  21. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Should be my delivery day. :rockon:
    Got the day off so I'm just trying to look busy around the house.
    Plotting my alone time with my green pouch upon arrival.
    Mrs. Fizz lurking about. :uhoh:

Oh yea, same extraction just faster with the Omni.
    The M's SS tip heats up and cools down slower than the ti tip. So, respecting the click makes the M more of a slow toaster. Easier to keep from combusting too imo, which I liked since I was passing out several M's to friends. (last sale)
    Several M users have posted they go a couple seconds past the click to get bigger, stronger clouds. Everyone has a sweet spot with any device, finding that sweet spot is most of the fun.

:tup:
    Look forward to your "Holy Crap....." post Wednesday or Thursday.

Vapor_Eyes, Squiby, grokit and 10 others like this.
  22. turk

turk turk

...good luck slojimfizz...on my delivery day it didn't come till 6:30 pm....you probably won't be waiting that long..lol...:rant:

23. uluckypeople

uluckypeople Member

My M4AF order arrived (well got held at the post office) on Friday, ordered the first and available for me to pick up on the 14th, not bad for international delivery!

I'm enjoying my new Ti Woody S dark wood although when taking it apart for cleaning I struggled to reassemble properly. After two days I realised the mouthpiece was installed upside down and I'm missing an O ring. Luckily I ordered some spares so added the mouthpiece o ring and everything comes apart and goes back together much more easily. I've sent an email to see if this was a new building process or simply a mistake when it was assembled. I'm not a big fan of the wooden mouthpiece as its a soft matte sort of feel, I think I'd like a smoother wood mouthpiece (smooth as if it was varnished) or even a plastic mouthpiece but I've only used my M once all weekend so I think I have a new daily driver! The Ti tip is an improvement on the steel, feels much quicker to heat and start producing vapour over the SS tip. I may have to pick another tip up to fit the missus' M.

I also got 2 new Ms but I can't bring myself to give them away if they're going to sit unused, they're too good to be lost at the back of some drawer!

EDIT: Just looked at the first pic I took as soon as I got the woody and the mouthpiece was installed correctly, I guess in my haste to clean and try it I must have lost the o-ring. Dynavap replied to my email asking for a pic so they could rectify but theres no mistake for them to make up for. Top customer service.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, Squiby, grokit and 5 others like this.
  24. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

HOORAY!!! just got back from my mailbox and 2 packages arrived today. One a mod for my DBV from and a shiny green package. 2 toys in one day.... going to be a fun day!!!

25. turk

turk turk

....joy line....forms at LEFT.

Squiby, Derrrpp, FreddieFresh and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors