1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Well said! As with most better vapes, not hard to get vapor right out of the box (or green envelope in this case). But, takes a bit of practice and experience to find your groove and your own tech. As I progress with such things, I often go back in a thread (for whatever vape) and find things others have suggested that seem to go well with what I'm figuring out for myself.

2. Dimebag82

Dimebag82 New Member

I have an Omnivap that I want to convert to have a spinning mouthpiece. Will I need a standard condenser with mouthpiece or an xl condenser with mouthpiece?

Squiby likes this.
  3. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

New TI tip and omni body arrived.

Tip is about 20 thou smaller at the O-rings than the old tip, which means its actually loose in the body. Tried it in both new and old bodies, loose in both while the older tip is snug in both. Hopefully it's not so loose that it starts falling out. I guess we'll see.

I really like the new Omni body though. It's a joy to look at and to hold, and it won't roll off a table like the perfectly round bodies.

This is also my first tip with the adjust-a-bowl and CCD, both features I like a lot. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

4. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

This is absolutely just too gross to discuss! HELP! POLICE! :rant:

Well..at least it wasn't a shipping post. :p

steama likes this.
  5. stark1

stark1 Whoa, Nelly!

This was discussed some time back, found it a bit unnerving, but if it works....:drool:

fcmember, FreddieFresh and Derrrpp like this.
  6. jaidyn

jaidyn Active Member

Just got my Ti-Carbon S in the mail today. Did my cleaning of it and OMG this is fantastic!
    I love my M but I now get the difference between the Ti tip and the SS. There is definintely a difference. Also while I am not by any stretch a vapor chaser, the 1st pull with this thing gave me massive clouds whereas with the M, that would only be possible with the 2nd or 3rd pull.
    This a real game changer for me. As much as I love my M, I am letting my wife keep it as she loves the metal and weight of it.
    It works out nicely. :-D
    Now I am going to make a filter for it using some of the hemp fiber from Dynavap and directions from @Squiby and see how much better things are with this. :-D

Edit: Oh, and the spinning mouthpiece... I didn't realize how great of a thing that is! Currectly my only complaint for the VapCap I have is that when I lift if off a magnet (and even just take of the cap!!!), the tip wants to stay leaving me pulling the body right off like it was nothing. To take it off a magnet, I have to roll it off, or lift from the fins on the tip especially when removing the cap. The M tip was a bit more secure and snug in its body than the Carbon seems to be.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, Morty, SloJimFizz and 8 others like this.
  7. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Holy fuck PP........I wouldn't be able to get off the couch after a session like that! Well done sir!!!:cheers:

8. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Actually, it's called sebum, and it is a fantastic lubricant for many things. Perspective and a deep breath here......we have it for a reason. Gross is largely a cultural issue/bias. Bottom line, works better than any commercial product I've tried. When I'm out and about and the o-rings or seals on any of my vapes are being cranky, a quick swipe of where your nose meets your face will fill the need. Sorry if that's TMI for some:rofl:

9. steama

steama Well-Known Member

armpit juice works well too and if you know your own smell it's also a great way to find your lost vape :p

The closest oil to your skin sebum is jojoba oil. If you want to go with a similar 'non-human fluid' product.

grokit, mucsusn, Derrrpp and 5 others like this.
  10. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Truth be known, sebum SHOULD be dramatically less gross than spit which we treat very casually but is FULL of bacteria. Think about THAT during your next makeout session...

Then again, zits. Need I say more?

Vapor_Eyes, Squiby, Hogni and 8 others like this.
  11. fcmember

fcmember Well-Known Member

:mental:

goodpunk6, Silver420Surfer and stark1 like this.
  12. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I meant to bring this up in my last post. When I got my Ti Woody and my Dynastash I thought about this too, but I rejected it for 2 reasons.
    First, my DS at least is only slightly longer than my Woody, so there really isn't room for a spring in it. And second, the bat in a dugout is just a single piece of aluminium (or steel) and there is nothing to compress. The Cap may or may not (I am guessing not) like the pressure a spring would put on it and may damage it or cause the tip to burrow into it.

Or maybe not, but that was my reasoning for rejecting the idea.

Vapor_Eyes, Kermitt, Derrrpp and 2 others like this.
  13. exime

exime Well-Known Member

Anyone know of good torches with silent buttons? My Vertigo is too loud for the wilderness as crazy as that sounds. Really loud click when you're on the forest hiking trail or in a camp site draws too much attention.

The Beagle and Derrrpp like this.
  14. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

I use them with my Omni XL and DynaStashXL and they work well. The spring is coiled so compresses flat to within a couple of millimeters.

This seems to be perfect, the Omni XL mouthpiece sticks out about three millimeters and I just push it down before sliding the lid closed.

Assuming the other stash's are cut with similar dimensions and relative to the size of VC they are intended to hold I believe these springs are perfect.

I've found that the spring exerts the right amount of force to allow the Omni XL to pop up but not jump out of the stash.

The spring would in no way damage the caps functionality. There isn't enough force to cause any issues.

The only time I wouldn't recommend it would be if you have a laser engraved cap as it could potentially scratch up the engraving.

15. Derrrpp

Derrrpp For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky

Before I got some of Ed's Bomb Ass Butter, I would polish my Blackwood Ti Woody with sebum from my nose. It worked great. Just don't show people how you polish your vape right after you share it with them. Or before you share it, for that matter. Probably best to just avoid bringing that up at all. :lol:

For what it's worth, I really like Ed's Bomb Ass Butter. It really is much better than using sebum. It smells nice. Less gross, too. You can show all your friends how nice your wood looks all polished up.

I haven't tried Dynawax yet, but I imagine it's about the same thing.

:2c:

:peace:

16. stark1

stark1 Whoa, Nelly!

As @GreenHopper said, the bike skewers are perfect, you however should anchor it, with the small end facing up..... :cool:

17. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

My stash is only a few millimeters longer than my woody s and it fits the spring just fine. And I put mine in mouthpiece toward the spring and it's never hurt it

Vapor_Eyes, Squiby, DirtyD and 3 others like this.
  18. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Search the lighter thread and this thread.....there is a single jet torch that a lot of members have that uses a flint.....much quieter, especially on that first impulse. The spark torches have a quartz crystal that has to be physically struck, no getting around that first snap. Flint actions still make noise, just not quite as sharp. In a pinch, a Diamond kitchen match will do the deed.

Squiby, FreddieFresh, Derrrpp and 2 others like this.
  19. GreenHopper

I haven't bothered anchoring mine but the downside of that is it can fall out if you tip the dynastash upsidedown. Also it will rattle when you don't have the VC stashed.

Squiby, Derrrpp and stark1 like this.
  20. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

I guess I got lucky with mine, I didn't do anything to secure it but it fits really snugly. Sometimes it has come loose while I was beating on the bottom to get herb out, but that's it

Derrrpp, GreenHopper and stark1 like this.
  21. GreenHopper

Thinking about it you could slightly bend out the last widest loop so that the spring jams in the DS. You wouldn't need to bend the spring much to get a medium grip. :shrug:

22. exime

exime Well-Known Member

Oh cool thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why it was so loud.

Derrrpp and GreenHopper like this.
  23. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

This one has a pretty quiet button, but none of my torches are really very quiet.
    [​IMG]
    The new Jobson that Lotus is selling has a quieter button too, but the gas release is not very quiet. Pretty tough to be stealthy with a butane torch.

added: I used to do a lot of backpacking (20 years ago or more) and our camping stoves could wake the dead. They may have improved on them since, but back then they could interfere with conversation...

24. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice the new ss tips are now notched like the Ti tips? So far I like the non-notched better, but still early in testing.

Vapor_Eyes, DirtyD, Derrrpp and 2 others like this.
  25. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

so i was so excited about showing off my new VC to a friend that i let him try it and i was the idiot for not controlling the heat and he combusted in it. :( could someone please link me to the post that discussed cleaning after combustion? i read the instructions that came with the VC and it recommended against ISO. i really hope my cap isn't ruined on its first night of use, since i read that is possible too :(

***EDIT*** i found the manufacturers post where he said ISO was ok and why he put it in the instructions. o-rings should not sit in ISO too long as i assume the wood shouldn't either

Derrrpp and Silver420Surfer like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors