Smokey McVape

Wow, reading some of the last pages is funny, like the worship of the vapcap! It's like a new religion! Lolololol don't mind me, I'm lit as shit off a few bowls in my OG through the D020d bubbler. Loving it, best vape ever.

I'm embarrassed I am asking this question, months after owning it and years of vaping experience... it's probably talked about in this thread 100 times... is this a convection vape or conduction?

Sorry for the dumb question hahahaha
It is a combi design - conduction and convection together. Hits like Mike Tyson!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a little update after reporting that I struggled somehow with my Ti Woody.

I am lucky that I've had no more combustion happening since then and I am able to clear a cap within 3 heating cycles - when I inhale natively / dry.

I've read several pages back on this thread and I would say I know basically all I need to know when it comes to heating techniques or inhaling techniques.

But, still , I am really struggling and I hope maybe got some ideas for me, here?

The ABV comes out nice evenly brown, but I simply feel that I could get out of this vape WAY more.

I tried out how the Woody would perform with my water pipe so I loaded a small amount, but here also: I get vapor, yes, but I am miles away from milking my bubbler, like (for example) my Evo or the GH does.
I saw several videos of vapcaps milking bubblers - or when used natively: vapor-production like if the person was smoking on an e-cigarette with liquid.

Don't get me wrong please:
I really like this little thing. I already LOVE the company - i got a private message answering one of my questions concerning cleaning - how great CS is that?
And i would love to upgrade my Woody to maybe a Woody S or even buy an omnivap .. BUT as long as I am struggling that much I am on the fence a little now.

Could anyone chime in and help me out here ?

What are possible reasons that I am NOT getting thick enough vapor production?
I am using a single flame torch (the Vapman original torch) , I tried several grind consistencies. And right now I am having some nice Pineapple Kush buds. They have been harvested not that long ago and will get better with some time curing that's for sure, but the Evo for example gives me huge clouds with this herb, so I can except the herb being the reason for this weak vapor production. So therefore it must be my heating technique I guess but no matter how I try I don't get the bubbler milking. And therefore it is unfortunately not satisfying for me at the moment. Also dry- as i said, there is vapor, yes. But the hits feel light and I don't get that much of an effect out of it :(
You only get milk from DRY CURED bud. If it was cut only weeks ago there will still be water in the bud and it wont vape correctly - most of the heat will be evaporating the water in the bud - not what you want. Try leaving a nug or two out of your jar for 2-3 days to dry out a bit more and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squiby

I have a question about my (hopefully soon to ship) new Omni: How tight is the threading which adjusts the airflow? More to the point, when spinning the unit over the torch flame, does the airflow adjustment tend to change?

When heating my M, the mouthpiece end is nestled in my palm, with the body resting on my ring finger, and I spin it with my thumb and index finger.

No. The Omni mp must be intentionally and deliberately turned. Airflow adjustment is made using your thumb and forefinger either by holding Omni with one hand and turning the mp with the other or by pulling out the mp/condenser from the body and adjusting the length and pushing it back into the body.

The act of twirling the Omni with the mp nestled in your Palm will not create enough force to change the airflow setting.

WarpaintFree

I'm also confident that I can get dear ol' Mom to put down her pipe for this.

I thought I'd update this part; I delivered to my dear old mother an M, torch, grinder, and a few dispensary samples a little over 2 weeks ago.

She hasn't used her pipe since, and describes the experience as "wonderful", and mentions all the same things we praise; flavour, efficiency, quality of the herb's effects, reduced odour, etc.

I helped her drop cigarettes with an e-cig a little over 2 years ago, and with the M, I believe she may have fucked combustion for good.

She also reports that my aunt wants to try one as well... I am not surprised!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The term "anodizing" implies that there's an electrical current being used to change the colour, which isn't quite right. What you're all seeing is thin film interference caused by oxides forming on the surface of the metal because of Heat. Metals and other compounds gain an affinity for oxygen the hotter you get them increasing the rate of oxidization (rusting). A great example of this is a BBQ grill that has a lot of rust on the burner tubes but never gets wet.

The Titanium on your tip is doing the same thing, (rusting) but don't worry as the layer of oxides that you're seeing is only a few nm thick. Only when the Ti tip turns snow white should you worry about it as this means the tip is severely degrading due to oxidization, (like the rusty BBQ burner). As long as you obey the click all shall be fine.

So while anodizing and heat oxidizing are doing the same thing they are very different processes.
thanks for that...i like science and learning. :popcorn:
I was at the museum looking around when I spotted an early predecessor to the @phattpiggie twist VapCap. It's even modular.

ZHxpMZW.jpg

nyvpcWd.jpg
weird I was at the muesem the other day as well and saw some things that reminded me of a VC custom stem...they were called 'cricket tickler' holders...ised to hold thin pieces of metal frasioned to (you guessed it!) tickle crickets..
mpHURzb.jpg

I also think a VC this size would be awesome...
uW2WkGl.jpg

...but I guess it's a matter of perspective.
I know that's the way the omni makes me feel after a session though.

@WakeAndVape you can just sell the cap as "heat treated" and charge a 150% markup.

it's normal and looks badass. I like mine

would be so happy if vapcap made a VC exclusive SS-pad or ceramic pod or something for concentrates. even a concentrate-specific vapcap would be amazing
I do like my oxidized cap muunch...keeps me 'stoned' as the kids say...
SuGvoBV.jpg

BaroneBarra

I thought I'd update this part; I delivered to my dear old mother an M, torch, grinder, and a few dispensary samples a little over 2 weeks ago.

She hasn't used her pipe since, and describes the experience as "wonderful", and mentions all the same things we praise; flavour, efficiency, quality of the herb's effects, reduced odour, etc.

I helped her drop cigarettes with an e-cig a little over 2 years ago, and with the M, I believe she may have fucked combustion for good.

She also reports that my aunt wants to try one as well... I am not surprised!

This really warms my heart.

The affordability of a great vaporizer like the M I'm sure it's reflected on a lot of success stories like this one. A lot of people that can afford to get the benefits from an herb without the nasty side effects.
I don't know much about the whole Dynavap story, but for what I read here I can't help but think that George must be a great guy.

I'm very happy for your mum - and soon, hopefully - for your aunt @WarpaintFree!

:peace:

WarpaintFree

I'm thrilled as well, just as much so as when she dropped cancer sticks after trying an e-cig.

She has been smoking herb in a small stone pipe for years. When I was showing her how to disassemble and clean the M, she told me that she always used nail polish remover to clean her pipe! :o:o:o

She had also been getting cyclical bouts of nausea over the last few months, and had been losing weight. Her doctors actually suggested that she may have Cannabanoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

Since giving her the M and some good quality material, she hasn't been nauseous at all and has regained 5 pounds.

I suspect the combo of occasionally ingesting acetone, with potentially a bad batch of street weed, was causing the nausea.

She's better off in so many ways today.

Do we have a separate thread for new products or updates we'd like to see from Dynavap?

I think both round and NonaVonG bodies and stems in bamboo, briar, and curly maple would be sexy. Cork with a metal tube inside would be neat too.

I also wonder if a tip or tip/cab combination designed specifically for concentrates is possible? Something that didn't require fibre, cotton, or other additional material. (I'm not a concentrate user myself, but there's a lot of chatter here about various ways to work with concentrates and a Vapcap.)

Last edited by a moderator:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
is the area under the cap getting 'anodized' as well?

if so, I was under the impression that you can't take the anodization off easily?

So I took my ti tip of my omni and soaked it in vinegar and baking soda...i should have taken before pictures :doh:...but anyhow, it had the golden brown discoloration that I believe @sirwalter was describing

after a soak and a good brush off, the golden brown gunk melted off the tip and made it look nearly new again

K4AoBJr.jpg

EDIT: the cap after a clean still has a deep, subtle rainbow hue...which does not come off...i believe that is anodization...am I wrong?
You're correct, actually heat oxidizing as @Winegums stated. I tend to keep it simple when I explain it to friends. Actually, I take my Ti tips and oxidize them directly when new..... i hold rhe o-ring end with forceps and use my big single dab torch and take those first couple of spirals and turn them a nice deep blue. Works perfect for my aesthetic.

Last edited:

mark1988

NonaVong milk!

LCLGNzY.gif

:peace:

What is the name for this glass piece. Im new to vaping but love my vapcap m. Sold my pax2 cause didnt like it compared to the vapcap. Id love a nice glass piece to do this with. Im from uk. Anything particular i need to look for when buying something similar to this, like is it a diffuser or bubbler etc not sure which is which. Sorry for silly questions but only way to learn is to ask

MonkeyTime

You only get milk from DRY CURED bud. If it was cut only weeks ago there will still be water in the bud and it wont vape correctly - most of the heat will be evaporating the water in the bud - not what you want. Try leaving a nug or two out of your jar for 2-3 days to dry out a bit more and try again.
Completely agree with what you're saying, except the leaving it open for a few days part. That all depends on where you're at. Even in WI we're at about 63% RH this time of the year. I store with Boveda packs at 62% and if it's winter, take a few out early like you're saying. This time of the year I keep them with 50% Boveda packs and they're perfect for vaping.

Just another angle depending on where he's from.....

Oh yeah, and @WakeAndVape , we've got other cool shit here in WI besides Dynavap, but we don't tell anyone otherwise it looks like Illinois on the weekends! :rockon:

Speaking of, being in WI, I was hoping to see an email soon for a July 1st order! I've got a new 14MM male Y adapter to 2 x female 14MM's and I'm thinking that two VC's thru my Orbiter will be pretty sweet. The next project is to play around like @Pipes and the gang and try and make an induction heater while I wait on a Jarhead and Portside. The thought is to make a larger table piece that will have a decent size stash and duff compartment and maybe 4 heaters/holder sets. This will be perfect for poker nights or party's. I'm thinking 4 induction heaters could keep 8-12 people going with VC's at the same time without problem. Just have to look into how much time they need in between heat ups so they don't over heat.

Last edited:

NuhJokaSmoka

What is the name for this glass piece. Im new to vaping but love my vapcap m. Sold my pax2 cause didnt like it compared to the vapcap. Id love a nice glass piece to do this with. Im from uk. Anything particular i need to look for when buying something similar to this, like is it a diffuser or bubbler etc not sure which is which. Sorry for silly questions but only way to learn is to ask

The well-known D020 bubbler looks very similar to this glass piece.
Check sunshinestore at dhgate.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are a gazillion cheap glass pieces in this thread. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-976
A few of my favorites are in my signature, D020, D022, FC187 and FC-UFO. They are all live links so you can click on them. I listed them here in order of relative size. I prefer smaller pieces, like the D020, with VCs. The one comment I would add is that with vaping, the less diffusion the better. Diffusion tends to kill flavor. I personally take the first couple hits straight before putting it on the glass unless it is a flavor free or bad (less good) tasting strain.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just FYI, those were all purchased from dhgate vendors like Sunshine Store and Steven, and take 9 to 30 days to get here (US) from China. They can often be found more locally, but will cost significantly more because THEY will have to have gotten them from China. :lol:

Sorry for all the glass discussion in here...

Added: Rather than break the rules and double post I am just gonna tack this on here.

I just wanted to say that whoever you guys (George and crew) are using to do your website is doing a GREAT job. Not only has it become quite entertaining, but It has become much easier to build and order what one wants without bothering you guys with phone calls. I understand that you guys are really good with answering calls, George included, but for most orders they really shouldn't be necessary, and they no longer are.

So, GREAT JOB GUYS, and props to your HTML slinger...

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I just wanted to say that whoever you guys (George and crew) are using to do your website is doing a GREAT job. Not only has it become quite entertaining, but It has become much easier to build and order what one wants without bothering you guys with phone calls.
Will say that I would like to be able to jump from cart to parts to accessories, etc. Many extra clicks between this thing and that thing.

Also, I've been thinking that a pre-checkout panel might be in order, where the buyer can select cap engraving (no more special paypal invoices), discreet packaging, <other_request/option> before totaling & finishing the order. I'm sure I'm not the only fan of engraved caps - if the problem is engravings being handled as special cases throughout the ordering/billing process, this might tame that beast (confirmation email adds 'engravings never ship first, reply with your image file' & all goes on the same bill), and get some folks less attention-grabbing mail.

Also think the sorting in the store could improve: if I'm shopping Stashes, I'd like them all together where I can look at them, please (for example). I would also like to see better curation of the videos - they're valuable resources and should not be hard to find and search through.

Still and all, a happy-as-clam customer.

==
I heard there was a sale on the m, I don't see it?
I feel the tug at the heartstrings: "I missed it?

In fact, you did not. It's still there, still at a very reasonable price: a value purchase is assured.

When I came across this thread, it was January of this year: no sales - and folks still reeling from the Black Friday sale. I was all new to this, started reading the thread somewhere around page 300, have re-read large parts, have compared my experiences with those of the other folks on this thread (many of whom I would love to sit down with at a big barbecue picnic someday), and made my first purchase on inauguration day. I bought an Omni (cue all the folks who made an Omni their first VC...me, too).

Since then I've bought 4 Ms at various price points: it doesn't matter what I paid for any one of them (~$30 apiece, nosy), what matters is that it was money well spent in every case: a good price for a quality product. I'm not rich: ALL my fun money went away in the crash-and-burn days of the late Bush administration; but each of these was/is a defensible, non-extravagant purchase (except for the original Omni, okay), gifts to real friends who matter to me, and for whom I would extend myself farther if I could or needed to. Real money. Real friends. Real worth. Real value.

It's all right there: you haven't missed a thing.

And having said that...Dynavap are the SALE-HAVINGEST PEOPLE. It's like every time they come up with something really cool (3-5x annual) they have a big sale to roll it out. There have been three since I gladly paid full price for my Omni, and I've bought something at all of them

*big_sigh* so don't worry: get an M for less than the cost of dragging a bored date to an uninteresting movie, appreciate what you've got, figure out where you want to go, and bide your time. You'll get there.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Will say that I would like to be able to jump from cart to parts to accessories, etc. Many extra clicks between this thing and that thing.
Well, to be honest, my needs from the site have been pretty limited, so I may be overselling the site's functionality. But it LOOKS great, and it IS dramatically improved from what it was, anyway... ;)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
so don't worry: get an M for less than the cost of dragging a bored date to an uninteresting movie, appreciate what you've got, figure out where you want to go, and bide your time. You'll get there.
Great advice! My thoughts exactly, as well as many others. Get an M to start and that will buy you time to wait for the next sale or figure out what else you want. There may be too many options for a newcomer to decide between, no need to enter analysis paralysis. Get an M (and a dual flame torch) and then take some time to figure out where to go from there.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@MonkeyTime I know WI has some other cool things about it, but being your brothers to the north, there is definitely a rivalry between our states!

I have a few WI stories/experiences under my belt too...its a beautiful place...its just better here :brow:!

I have a Flower Pot vape that is Ti and I have watched the vape evolve in colors from deep purples, electric blues, the faded blues, and now the Ti is settling into a 'golden color' you show and describe. My flower pot is run at 800f consistently so the color changes have been taking place about a couple of months.

Titanium is amazing stuff and I think the gold color is a natural part of certain titanium metals. :2c:
that sounds like a beautiful journey of colors...
it's like the color of 445°f

1fcd2c196c1f619eae0a1dfce58b5385.jpg

my cap has swirls of blue and purple and one dark blue spot...actually makes sense looking at this chart.

I like soaking the gold off of the tip, it doesn't seem to want to stick around anyways with solvent persuasions.

The cap on the other hand...looks better with its deeper hued colors and I've enjoyed watching it mature.

metallic reactions are dope!

duff

Well worn
And finally, can anyone compare their concentrate experience to a quality dedicated Wax pen? Even with the hemp fiber, I've actually found the taste to be a bit better than me Saionara atomizer, with way less fuckery involved.
I have a Divine Tribe, Linx Zero and Puffco Pro 2.
The Vapcap (with the S&B pad) is my favorite of all of them for concentrates. Thanks of course to @Squiby's guidance.
The taste is amazing.

It's so good that I ordered an M exclusively for it.

would be so happy if vapcap made a VC exclusive SS-pad or ceramic pod or something for concentrates. even a concentrate-specific vapcap would be amazing
I've discussed this with them... we'll see if anything comes of it!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

You may want to check the vid again. Cap is in use. It is a bit of a shaky setup, though.

@Pipes @phattpiggie @VapCap @Arielle.Dynavap

Which one of you lovely lot is going to design a pocketable 510 heater for the vapcap then?:science::brow::whip:

Made out of various exotic woods:drool:

Have you all seen this guys invention? Looks pretty legit, albeit budget and a prototype:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/6gs3as/another_quick_vapcap_coil_demo/

This looks like a pretty cool one. Only downside I found is that the mod doesn't accommodate the full height of the coil. If you look closely you'll see the top part is taped. Maybe a different top is needed? Maybe a functional coil could be a little shorter?If someone more familiar with e-cig mods knows how to correct this, please share!!

From what I read before, the mod can be had for $10 - $15, and the guy in this vid had some kid at the "vape" (e-cig) store do that coil for him quick and cheap. Would be nice to have when out and about.

Certainly not as solid, or pretty, as a Pipes' version, but could work well in a pocket, and if part of it shits out, very cheap and easy to replace.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
You may want to check the vid again. Cap is in use. It is a bit of a shaky setup, though.

This looks like a pretty cool one. Only downside I found is that the mod doesn't accommodate the full height of the coil. If you look closely you'll see the top part is taped. Maybe a different top is needed? Maybe a functional coil could be a little shorter?If someone more familiar with e-cig mods knows how to correct this, please share!!

From what I read before, the mod can be had for $10 - $15, and the guy in this vid had some kid at the "vape" (e-cig) store do that coil for him quick and cheap. Would be nice to have when out and about.

Certainly not as solid, or pretty, as a Pipes' version, but could work well in a pocket, and if part of it shits out, very cheap and easy to replace.

We just need a RDA (Rebuildable Dripper Atomiser) that is made to house the VapCap cap.

@antispleen's video is a great first start and by the looks of it the electric tape was required to allow the RDA's cap to cover the larger coils and VapCap.

The coil design looks similar to @Pipes project vape but extended to cover as much of the VapCap cap as possible.

It would be awesome if @VapCap produced their own VapCap coil heater for 510 mods as they could make the RDA cap fit perfectly. Maybe they will one day, who knows, so much innovation at the moment by users, accessory makers and manufacturers. They could take an already existing dual post RDA and stamp out their own cap/sheath for it. That would fairly easy to do and would proved a nice fit.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
We just need a RDA (Rebuildable Dripper Atomiser) that is made to house the VapCap cap.

@antispleen's video is a great first start and by the looks of it the electric tape was required to allow the RDA's cap to cover the larger coils and VapCap.

The coil design looks similar to @Pipes project vape but extended to cover as much of the VapCap cap as possible.

It would be awesome if @VapCap produced their own VapCap coil heater for 510 mods as they could make the RDA cap fit perfectly. Maybe they will one day, who knows, so much innovation at the moment by users, accessory makers and manufacturers. They could take an already existing dual post RDA and stamp out their own cap/sheath for it. That would fairly easy to do and would proved a nice fit.

While I do agree that it would be a snazzy setup to pair a VapCap with a portable VapCap heater, it seems it would violate @VapCap 's "battery free" crusade....... :ugh:

Top Bottom