hweezi

formally cwheezy
I'm liking it a lot so far. I just combusted in it because I took a half baked load way to far after the click, rookie mistake. So I'm probably not gonna post video tonight, it's surprisingly has a little trick to it. If you can just hover over the carb I find that to be the sweet spot. But yeah, I kinda want more practise :p

Is it cool to remove the screen? Or do you just soak that in iso too ?

Actually I kinda just rinsed 'er in water and she was guuuuuud too goo!

Last edited:

Ruta

How excited am I??????

Order number in the 400's so think i've got a bit longer to wait, oh and i'm in the UK so i'm just trying to forget. It certainly doesn't help reading all these great comments, must stop looking :)

VapCap

Manufacturer
I'm liking it a lot so far. I just combusted in it because I took a half baked load way to far after the click, rookie mistake. So I'm probably not gonna post video tonight, it's surprisingly has a little trick to it. If you can just hover over the carb I find that to be the sweet spot. But yeah, I kinda want more practise :p

Just a little tip. Running it under a slow stream of hot water for a couple minutes will remove a surprising amount of residue.

On another note, Time for an UPDATE!

it looks like my next shipment of caps will arrive tomorrow, So I can start processing these over the weekend. Titanium tips are on the schedule to be completed mid next week, so woodies will start shipping very soon. @Ed's TnT wonderful goodies are scheduled to be here tomorrow! The Dynastashes are almost done, just being engraved, and they fit every current Vap I make. I don't plan on changing the form factor much except for the Wongs. I am busy printing instructions, and preparing packages tonight and this weekend as well as building a bunch more VapCaps and PyroVaps.
If all goes well there will be a large number of orders shipped next week, hopefully everything ordered up through the beginning of Dec.

I still find it fascinating how difficult it has been to develop the simple looking cap that makes this all work. It may look simple, but the tight tolerances on the tooling needed to draw this cap are just hard to visualize. As it is being tuned we only remove 0.0001" or 0.0025mm from one of the punches or dies, as well as very minor adjustments to the radius on both the end of the punch and its corresponding die. I love this stuff, but wow, it seems like after working on this for over a year now, this part is right on the edge of producible.

I also created some new production jigs this past week to speed up production and efficiency yet improve my tolerances at the same time.

IMG_20151203_133346997_HDR_zpsw1ntsxvf.jpg

I sure appreciate all the support I have received here.

Cheers,

George

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've removed the screen and replaced it with no difficulty. Having said that, you probably don't need to remove it when cleaning.
Wait 'til you put a few loads through it. The condenser will start to collect honey pretty quickly and water ain't gonna get that off. I recommend ISO soaks.
Just a little tip. Running it under a slow stream of hot water for a couple minutes will remove a surprising amount of residue.

it looks like my next shipment of caps will arrive tomorrow, So I can start processing these over the weekend. Titanium tips are on the schedule to be completed mid next week, so woodies will start shipping very soon. @Ed's TnT wonderful goodies are scheduled to be here tomorrow! The Dynastashes are almost done, just being engraved, and they fit every current Vap I make. I don't plan on changing the form factor much except for the Wongs. I am busy printing instructions, and preparing packages tonight and this weekend as well as building a bunch more VapCaps and PyroVaps.
If all goes well there will be a large number of orders shipped next week, hopefully everything ordered up through the beginning of Dec.

I still find it fascinating how difficult it has been to develop the simple looking cap that makes this all work. It may look simple, but the tight tolerances on the tooling needed to draw this cap are just hard to visualize. As it is being tuned we only remove 0.0001" or 0.0025mm from one of the punches or dies, as well as very minor adjustments to the radius on both the end of the punch and its corresponding die. I love this stuff, but wow, it seems like after working on this for over a year now, this part is right on the edge of producible.

I also created some new production jigs this past week to speed up production and efficiency yet improve my tolerances at the same time.

Cheers,

George
Great news, George!:clap:

:peace:

geraldus

I've removed the screen and replaced it with no difficulty. Having said that, you probably don't need to remove it when cleaning.

Wait 'til you put a few loads through it. The condenser will start to collect honey pretty quickly and water ain't gonna get that off. I recommend ISO soaks.

Yeah , really great to hear , I'm looking forward to trying this critter !

geraldus,
Reactions: Madcap79

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

Cheers,

George

Stoked for the update. Thanks George.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Cheers,

George

Wonderful update George!

Looking forward to finally trying one out for myself... Good luck this week, and yeah don't burn yourself out too quickly!

And @Stu can we get this man outta the candidate section ala GH yet?

hweezi

formally cwheezy

It's honestly unreal how much claim this thing collects. I've probably only vap'd like 6 bowls of some kush and it's already got a good coat of slime half way.

Right about the screen though I managed to get a Nano basket screen inside. I had to shrink it a bit by shoving it down my lotus WPA but it works perfectly with it. I wouldn't say go shove it through the vap, you'll definitely break it in your hands.

So I can kinda adjust my bowl size now :p I don't really think it's worth it unless you want to go for longer. Still gets the same amount of vapor mainly because it doesn't improve airflow. I was curious if the cap could have a pin hole in the middle to maybe make it a little less resistant but still function.

I have silicone tubing that will hold the condensation tube in place and lets me place it where I want. You don't get the mouthpiece this way though, I find this works all right for water pipes.

I'm not doing anything tonight so I'll try my best to get a video up. Haven't gotten it to work the best in the bubbler.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Why have a few of you removed or replaced the screen? Just wondering.

The screen never seems to get clogged to me, and cleans easily. It feels similiar mentally to the vapman metal screen, i wouldn't mess with what already works, and love the fact it takes minamal maintenance and never needs to be replaced under regular usage.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I was curious if I could increase the amount I put in it, which I could. I don't recommend it as it doesn't really improve results.

I just enjoy playing with my toys.

* I also like knowing if I do loose that screen by accident I can use alternatives.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Had a question in regards to the Woodies, I see they haven't been shipped out yet but I was curious about ease of cleaning..generally find glass easier to clean, and tend not to clean my wood (occasionally...never with solvents either). Just saw above how it was mentioned that this thing accumulates a bit of reclaim. Not sure if I should take the plunge for a wooden one which I know I'll love aesthetically but if it will be more of a PiA to clean, I'll probably just go for the OG.

Totally digging those Dynastashes too. IMO thats a must buy for me :) I really loved dugouts when I smoked, something similar as a vape would be sweet. Plus, the magnet to get the hot cap off is nice touch.

Love the look of this thing & loving the price as well.

FYI, saw this mentioned but the Woodie page on your website mentions air tight carrying case, and then has pictures of the Dynastash. I'm assuming it would just come with the standard "air tight carrying case" that comes with all your other products, but I was confused if the "woodies" just then came with all wood everything for a while.

Actually just had the OG, the Paduak stash, and the triple torch lighter in the cart ready to check out, but then I remember it's my buddies birthday tomorrow and may need the money. We'll have to see how it goes, but I'll be ordering something soon

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

Good news! @Ed's TnT beautiful work showed up today, and Wow, the wood looks good. Add Some Titanium and now you have something. I only have a few titanium tips done, but it is a start and the rest are scheduled to be done by Friday maybe earlier. So I will start shipping woodies very soon!

Had a question in regards to the Woodies, I see they haven't been shipped out yet but I was curious about ease of cleaning..generally find glass easier to clean, and tend not to clean my wood (occasionally...never with solvents either). Just saw above how it was mentioned that this thing accumulates a bit of reclaim. Not sure if I should take the plunge for a wooden one which I know I'll love aesthetically but if it will be more of a PiA to clean, I'll probably just go for the OG.

Totally digging those Dynastashes too. IMO thats a must buy for me :) I really loved dugouts when I smoked, something similar as a vape would be sweet. Plus, the magnet to get the hot cap off is nice touch.

Love the look of this thing & loving the price as well.

FYI, saw this mentioned but the Woodie page on your website mentions air tight carrying case, and then has pictures of the Dynastash. I'm assuming it would just come with the standard "air tight carrying case" that comes with all your other products, but I was confused if the "woodies" just then came with all wood everything for a while.

Actually just had the OG, the Paduak stash, and the triple torch lighter in the cart ready to check out, but then I remember it's my buddies birthday tomorrow and may need the money. We'll have to see how it goes, but I'll be ordering something soon

As far as the cleaning is concerned, I don't think anyone will find it to be much of an issue. The Woodies come with a stainless steel condenser tube which runs the full length of the wood. There should be very, very little claim or honey that ever touches wood. I'll post a picture and diagram soon.

The Ti Woody will come in the same airtight carrying case as the VapCap. If you also ordered a stash you will receive that as well as the air tight case, for when you just want an air tight case for your wood. :)

Oh and speaking of wood,

IMG_20151212_241602247_zps7ncujqwh.jpg

Cheers,

George

hweezi

formally cwheezy

Sorry my hands are in the way. Love how you can still hear the click though, hence why theres no music.

Didn't do the best at getting it in frame but you really don't see much anyways.

Oh, the lighter ran outta juice so I just grabbed another, gotta love that.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've found that if I take the digger outer and chop up the load after the first 2-3 heat cycles, you'll get a couple more big hits. @cwheezy , what are your thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realize how much of the thread I missed......

Can't wait to get my woodie and stash!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Greetings,

Good news! @Ed's TnT beautiful work showed up today, and Wow, the wood looks good. Add Some Titanium and now you have something. I only have a few titanium tips done, but it is a start and the rest are scheduled to be done by Friday maybe earlier. So I will start shipping woodies very soon!

As far as the cleaning is concerned, I don't think anyone will find it to be much of an issue. The Woodies come with a stainless steel condenser tube which runs the full length of the wood. There should be very, very little claim or honey that ever touches wood. I'll post a picture and diagram soon.

The Ti Woody will come in the same airtight carrying case as the VapCap. If you also ordered a stash you will receive that as well as the air tight case, for when you just want an air tight case for your wood. :)

Oh and speaking of wood,

IMG_20151212_241602247_zps7ncujqwh.jpg

Cheers,

George

Wonderful George! Burning the midnight oil to churn these beauties out!

That top woody looks like that cool spiral stem from Ed's pic, and the bottom one has a nice reddish hue with the black ribbons, perfect match for the padual stash... Great stuff

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Noice. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it in a bubbler, can't seem to get it down.

I'm really liking it as is. I'm getting my technique down more and more each time I use it. Really long and super slow draws with a little action on the carb seems to be giving me the best results. I think when people get this they're gonna think the draw is super restrictive, it is, but you only need to pull so slightly to get it to work well. Inhale deep and exhale slowly for best effect.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I recently ordered three different types of triple torches on ebay and am awaiting them so i can test. So far i like this one, and it has a huge tank that will last me several days with the VC (but one of the two i had broke)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Triple-Torch-...-Torch-Lighter-Black-/381197690044?nav=SEARCH
So, when I originally ordered my VapCap, having a bunch of torches for using with my Lotus, I assumed I really didn't need another even if they were mostly single flame torches (I have a double too). Krazy made me think about it some more so I decided I should get a triple just to test if it mattered, but I didn't want to touch my order from George again (I had added a Dynastash already). So, I went ahead and ordered the one Krazy had linked cause it was cheap and looked nice. It was coming from China, so I assumed it would take at least a month as most previous china lighter orders had and I would possibly get the VapCap first.

Well, no, it came in 11 days from China and arrived yesterday. That was a shock, but I am REALLY ready for my VapCap now... ;)

natural farmer

So sorry guys to leave the club but the Vapcap was not my cup of tea after all… I just prefer the taste, the control and the open air path of the Vapman. I can also be more discreet with the Vapman and it's overall a much better experience.
I would keep the Vapcap as a nice backup or to share with friends but I went to a friends birthday yesterday and guess what I decided to gift to him… He likes it very much so far after a few weeks' experience with a MFLB and I hope he enjoys it more than me.
I can't promise I won't be getting a Ti though at some point! :brow: :p

Top Bottom