Am I the only one that covers the carb until the end of the hit? :hmm:

:peace:
I covered the carb the whole time in every day use; gotta try the whole spectrum of ways to use it, so for about a week I didn't use the carb, in order to encourage experimentation. I think the main reason that people feather the carb is that hitting a fully packed bowl with the carb closed is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. When I used the VC in a water tool, I had a much esker time using the carb the whole time; I also found that when going native, the easiest way to hit while carbed was to keep the draw slow and steady, and not get frustrated with the feeling that I was getting so little air passage. Once I exhaled, it was always plenty of vapor, far more than it felt like I was getting.

@paytonpenn are you saying you use yours without the condenser tube, and no carbing?

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Ragnoroks got the right idea. Heat it up lower on the cap and don't carb it. I'm getting pretty big visible hits, I thought I was getting combustion but I wasn't.

***GOOD LORD. That one was lotus size :)

video coming soon.

Oh, and I'm ordering a damn woodie now.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I actually get most of it in the first cycle. I find it takes a lot longer to click doing it this way.

This thing is turning out to be the perfect one hitter vape, I love it :)

Im also getting some DynaDabs ;) collecting in my condenser tube, just after maybe 5 bowls with this new method and it's really getting gunky.

wLHzQ94.jpg

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ragnoroks got the right idea. Heat it up lower on the cap and don't carb it. I'm getting pretty big visible hits, I thought I was getting combustion but I wasn't.

***GOOD LORD. That one was lotus size :)

video coming soon.

Oh, and I'm ordering a damn woodie now.

I use this method about 50% of the time (usually with the single torch). This method of high heat, no carb, open air coming in, is I believe how George designed the device to be used. But I like the variety this vape can provide, and do sometimes feather the hole, partially cover it, or even cover it for the entire hit.

I have a buddy who i ordered one for too who likes to torch extra heavy and just fingers the carb off and on off and on over and over. He basically browns the whole load in one heat cycle using this method then dumps the load for a fresh one.

More than one way to skin a vap apparently.

VapCap

Manufacturer
So, I was vapin another cap, yknow just as one would do, and the cap falls off and lands on my carpet.

I'm assuming I just torch the carpet off the cap?

You can, but please only do it with it on the glass and don't go more than 3 seconds beyond the click or you might overheat the cap and damage it. It will scrape off after you heat it a few times.

You can squeeze the cap just a bit to make it fit more securely. They are pretty resilient, but don't over do it.

Cheers,

George

harold.johnson

Mine came in while I was out on vacation. 2 hits last night, 3 tonight. Two hits have combusted on me so far. Not terrible, but I would rather figure out the method to not combust at all. I already love these, though. If I can figure out the method, I'll be ordering some woodies.

harold.johnson,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

virtualpurple

Mine came in while I was out on vacation. 2 hits last night, 3 tonight. Two hits have combusted on me so far. Not terrible, but I would rather figure out the method to not combust at all. I already love these, though. If I can figure out the method, I'll be ordering some woodies.

I appologize if this has been answered already, but is there any functional difference between the woodies and the OG VapCap or is it mostly aesthetic?

virtualpurple,

VapCap

Manufacturer
I appologize if this has been answered already, but is there any functional difference between the woodies and the OG VapCap or is it mostly aesthetic?

Great question. I will touch on a few things now, but this is by no means everything. The Ti Woody is the first in a new series of this type of ultra portable vaporizer. Completely redesigned with with a new level of precision and functionality.
So here we go. The original VapCap was a glass vaporizer with a temperature indicating metal cap. The glass is nice and clean, but also imprecise and breakable. Wood is nice, but generally doesn't like the temperature needed to power a vaporizer. The real difference here is the Ti tip. Since it is machined, unlike the glass, it is easier to hold precise tolerances for more consistent flow and fit. It also allows for some new shapes and design and most of all, it is just really cool because it is machined out of a solid piece of Titanium.
The inner tube is stainless steel, so it also is very break resistant. There is no distinct mouthpiece, just wood, and it feels nice to hold in your fingers.

It also seems the Ti Woody is a little louder on the click since it doesn't have a mouthpiece.

Here is a picture of the first production Ti Woody and a few of the first run tips.

IMG_20151216_112255366_zpsh2z4rz93.jpg

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

natural farmer

Great question. I will touch on a few things now, but this is by no means everything. The Ti Woody is the first in a new series of this type of ultra portable vaporizer. Completely redesigned with with a new level of precision and functionality.
So here we go. The original VapCap was a glass vaporizer with a temperature indicating metal cap. The glass is nice and clean, but also imprecise and breakable. Wood is nice, but generally doesn't like the temperature needed to power a vaporizer. The real difference here is the Ti tip. Since it is machined, unlike the glass, it is easier to hold precise tolerances for more consistent flow and fit. It also allows for some new shapes and design and most of all, it is just really cool because it is machined out of a solid piece of Titanium.
The inner tube is stainless steel, so it also is very break resistant. There is no distinct mouthpiece, just wood, and it feels nice to hold in your fingers.

It also seems the Ti Woody is a little louder on the click since it doesn't have a mouthpiece.

Here is a picture of the first production Ti Woody and a few of the first run tips.

Cheers,

George
This groove spiraling around the Ti tip must be there for a bit more airflow, right? Planet vape Solo stems style... Can you draw without using your cheeks to pump vapor (carb closed) with the new tips?

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Noticing what seems to be silicone o rings around the tip, will we be able to take the tip off to clean it?

The groves around the tip looks like you improved airflow with the cap on. Noice !!!

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
If the TI and Woodies have better airflow due to the tip this could be a game changer. Truly.

I don't think the lack of airflow while carb is closed currently bothers be as much as some, but the idea of just being able to hit it harder with less resistance is intriguing for both stealth and function.

hoyo77

Just now got my shipping confirmation for my coco woody ti, should be here sat or mon. :cool: I'll report back on the newest design updates when I get my filthy paws on it.
nice i hope to get my email notification soon...i pre-ordered a woody

hoyo77,
Reactions: Mister G

anasrzi

I can see plenty of people getting the bog standard vap cap to begin with and then upgrading to the woodies over time, myself included in that as I think they look so stunning. I like the glass one that's coming over here to my little island but as its been said the woodies are that bit more pretty to look at and less chance of it brecking over time and use, big plus as well is the dyna stash so it's all colour coordinated.

Cheers,

George
Edited

Those Ti tips look like they have the possibility of working differently than the original VC; I had no intention of ordering a woody, mostly due to the nearly double price-tag and already being strapped, but these look so good my VAS is out of control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom