cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Me too. I'm in... Instruction through demonstration and hands on practice is a very effective learning technique, I believe. :D
So, is this gonna be BYOD or will George provide? I think the transportation should be hand painted VW buses, don't ya know...
classic-psychedelic-painted-vw-camper-van-glastonbury-festival-uk-EWY7EX.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'll confess to being pretty fanatical about DV and the VC line. While deserving of it, it seems VC has become the new "Just get the... insert vape here" recommendation around the forums. I highly recommend it to anyone, but if it doesn't fit their needs then I won't toss it out there.

What I don't appreciate is someone (won't name names) assuming that as fans of DV we can't also love other companies and products as well. I, as well as many other members of this thread, own a number of vapes that we preach the virtues of. And while many of those devices cost upwards of 4 or 5 times as much, the VC proves it's capable of providing the same top tier quality and experience. :myday:

What's not to like about VC products? I especially like their $ale prices.

I also like their up-and-coming summer VapCap fashion line. Light, and lover-ly. Hint. Hint. :D

florduh

I wouldn't expect anything if the apparent preferred method of communication appears to be thru signature lol

Anyway, thanks a lot @Derrrpp . I really want a NonaVonG again now. Thought I had gotten over wanting one...

I wouldn't let it bother you. There are a variety of reactions to realizing a vape half the size of a sharpie can outperform ones you bought at 6 times the price. I know I wasn't happy about it. But then I just surrendered (...more of my money to Dynavap).

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Isn't that where most of them live these days? We are gonna need a fleet. I can just see them in convoy traveling down the highways and byways together. And cause we will be vaping there won't even be a cloud of smoke trailing behind us like their used to be...

OK, I suppose we should get back to the VCs but this is kinda fun... :lol:

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
Anyone have any ideas on the over/under for shipping times on the M? I just bought a bunch and am impatiently waiting. Lol

Ordered 5/1. Shipped 5/3. In case anyone's wondering about shipping times on the M.

Any emoticon artists here? We need a smiley with a VC coming out of it...

I can give it a go later tonight.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Ordered 5/1. Shipped 5/3. In case anyone's wondering about shipping times on the M.
My was ordered on 4/20 and arrived today.

wonder if that means they'll start back engraving again soon...I don't even know what THEY have to do on their end to give us such nice things...I imagine by now they must be out of pretty much EVERYTHING.

Looking for more burl - a DynaStashER will be my next ascent, if there ever is any (by now, I'm *good* on the rest...); the coco is gorgeous, but knowing how reactive some people can be to it, I don't know if I'll ever be able to go that way.

@ this point I'm about ready to hold forth on lighters & heating technique - not 'cause I think I've got them kicked, but because I know I don't. The SINGLE thing that gives me the most trouble is CONSISTENT heating from cycle to cycle, an' that's got parts: there's the twirling parts, and the lighting parts, and the heating parts.

Despite my best efforts, I am not consistent in twirling the 'Cap - it is awkward to securely hold AND ROTATE the 'Cap (more sometimes than others (muscle cramping, more than joint pain), and even when I'm doing this part well, I may be failing to keep it along a stable axis (and therefore stationary relative to the heat), creating only a single click more often than not.

I do not have a 'grasp' of how I'm using the torch that allows me to be consistent or improve: I have ideas in my head that I think make sense, but I can't say honestly that those ideas have done much for me in understanding this. About as smart as I get is in feeling like the slower the tip heats up, the better the experience for me; that's not absolute & I might change my mind tomorrow - the problem is that there are so many variable the keeping track of them becomes the problem... this is where stuff like 'lore' and 'culture' come from. GENERALLY therefore, I try to go for 20-30 sec 'til the click.

If I had to say, I'd say that the choice of lighters make a very big difference at this point.

I started off with my Omni and my Scorch triangle torch, and got quite annoyed by the whole work/reward thing for a bit, realized I was not using enough hot & got better results; after getting the 'same' lighter George used in the vid, I found a big improvement in my 'score'; now, after trying out the dual-jet I just received in my order, I think this duo-jet is the best lighter for the purpose: it's as if it was designed to do this one thing....

Thanks to the folks @ DynaVap for all the neat goodies
==
Back to Frisco?:bigleaf:
yeah, Tennessee didn't work out...

Last edited:

MinnBobber

VC triple torch ??
Hi,
my VC triple is down to about 1/4 tank thru the viewable tank. I'd like to fill now BUT also don't want a "butane shower" or waste 1/4 tank of gas.
Is there a way to fill now properly or do I need to wait til it is really empty?
Thanks--new to jet lighters...

EDIT- had to baste the baby backs, back now,,,,
had a better session today with the M, practice helps adjust the technique. Of course the session was helped by digging into my prized micro Blue Dream stash. I went outside BUT the wind and sun worried me so into the dim lighted bathroom with perfect quiet, perfect view of the triple flame height, no wind to zone in on the click.....there it was, small but got it. Very nice session with 4 heat/cool cycles, probably didn't need the last one but wanted to try it and think it got to a micro-degree from combustion---in fact I thought it did combust.

I'm changing hemp fiber after 3 sessions, just cuz it looked scuzzy and it was good practice to try different hemp ideas

Last edited:

Squiby

my VC triple is down to about 1/4 tank thru the viewable tank. I'd like to fill now BUT also don't want a "butane shower" or waste 1/4 tank of gas.
I've topped up my lighters before they are completely empty.

- First I turn the lighter upside down.
- turn the flame adjustment down.
- with the shape tip of a scissors blade I depress the fuel intake while pointing it away from you, to release any air pressure.
- butane comes with adapters. Find the one that fits your lighter and put it on the butane can valve.
- turn the butane can upside down and fit the valve to the lighter valve.
- depress the can into the lighter.
- watch the fuel fill the lighter through the fuel window.
- let the lighter come to room temps before using.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I agree. The one downside to the thread is that those that are having difficulty learning the Vapcap, dont necessarly get the advice they need to rectify their issue, as they would, here, on the main Vapcap thread.

And as for resistance...Well, resistance is futile.
Depends, It was harder to get advice during 4/20 as you can imagine and I was trying to save on butane. Thanks to all that helped BTW. There is a best of thread link that if you click the word Dynavap in my sig will take you there. or click here ->#14805

Any Downsides to the Vapcap? Anything you would change? | Page 7 | FC Vaporizer Review Forum

If you check out the links for post #14805 it shows the changes and improvements on the design of the different VC's. I read that nearly everything is done in house, so tweaks and improvements can be made to the current VC's being produced. Even the types of changes in the caps. Keeping it innovative. :tup: So a thread discussing 'Anything you would change? is apt and not a negative on the VC as a whole.:2c:

I'm coming along with my 'M'. As some of you guessed, I cleaned it with a small amount of PBW to get any machine oils, burrs or particles before even bothering to inspect it. Took it apart 7x before I used it and seeked advice from the VC village elders. :myday: Some of you seen my photo of my Gandolf setup and now I'm using an SSV wand with my 'M' inserted in it. No need for a carb. Draws visible vapor which clears itself just before the cooling click.:science:

Got a 5pk of Eagle single torchs, the triple Vertigo from Dynavap, A Jetline twin, And a triple coming from china. And a half dozen half spent bics to finish off. :peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom