Squiby

Dc8NlWE.jpg
What a wonderful classy family and stash!! Very nice!
That's a beautiful NonaVonG!!!
I got a huge flavorful cloud. It barely browned my bud too. The hype is real!
I did have a question about flame placement. I'm using a dual torch and hitting the cap with one flame on the "N" and the second on the "V". My question is... the light blue flame should be witting the cap, right? It's just the dark inner flame that shouldn't touch?
If There are many ways to successfully heat a cap. If you are getting the results you want, then I'd say that you're doing it right. :nod:

Anyway, here's how I do it... for the first cycle I target the lower half of the cap, between the N and the V. My flame is as short as it will go, the inner flame measuring around 3/4". I let the inner blue flame just lick the cap. The subsequent cycles move up the cap; second cycle targets the middle of the cap, between the Y and A and the third cycle at the top between the D and N.

Lykosa

I can tell you between the glass and the M . .the glass tastes better. Neither one are super ideal for low temperature vaping, imo. Flavor is also, imo, not a strong point of either the glass or the M . .I imagine the others to be the same but haven't personally tried them.

My main vapes are a sticky brick and my 2 vapcaps. For low temp vaping and flavor the sticky brick kills the vapcap . . but I use the vapcaps way more because they're just so convenient and awesome.

Neither of my vapcaps is a "cloud machine" either .. I can get a big cloud but it takes effort and technique. By default the cloud is rather diminutive.

Hmm. I disagree.

The vapcap can function as an excellent low temp piece, it just needs a change in technique. It can also produce serious lungfulls of thick vapour too, again, dependant on technique. The flame configuration of your torch makes a big difference to the way it behaves too.

Earlier on in my VC quest I would have somewhat agreed with you, especially on the flavour. I pretty much always got 3 heat cycles, using natively or with glass. It was only later that I figured I can have extended low temp sessions with about 6 hear cycles, or a one hit monster cloud, depending on where I heat.

As I said, the torch plays a big part in it. Dual flame is the most versatile imo, with the flames running along the cap it means you can heat the whole load evenly, but achieve lower or higher temps than you can with a 3/4 flame torch while still respecting the click

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Perhaps DV will take that extra step to ensure that all the machined parts are QC cleaned before mailing to happy customers.

Perhaps DV is overwhelmed by their increased productivity. My glassy Ti came with a chip on one end of the glass, but I'll live?

Perhaps. :o

Or, perhaps people will realize that it is prudent to clean ANY vape and parts they receive as well as they can. I've had milling oils and tiny shreds of metal with VCs - but also grinders and metal stash boxes. Other vapes always get a good few "blows" to clean out and glass cleaned before use, as well as any other "washable" components. I don't even want to think about what may be on the Chinese glass I've purchased when it arrives. A chip on glass is something different - which IMO should be addressed and corrected. But, EVERYTHING you can easily clean should be cleaned before you stick it in your mouth.

Milling leftovers have been discussed in this thread for about a year I think. I know I mentioned this back in June with my first Ti-Woody. Granted this thread moves at an amazing pace and can be hard to keep up with, but there are many posts spread over the last 20 pages as the issue always comes up with so many jumping on the sale, and the introduction of the incredible "M".

A tip for all..... clean everything you get with ISO and hot water before use, or whatever is appropriate cleaning. I even run a dry pipe cleaner through small wooden pieces to pick up any residual sawdust or finishing oils that may be there. Not just VCs - but ANYTHING. I just got a new glass stem for my nano (a straight glass tube with a basket screen in one end). Looks stellar and very clean, but first thing I did was put it in ISO for 10 minutes. Then rinse well with hot water and dry. Works great, tastes great and I'm confident it is clean enough to put in my mouth. Took about 20 minutes! VCs can be cleaned and used just as quickly or sooner.

You don't buy dishes, glasses, mugs, silverware or anything else that will be in contact with something you're putting in your mouth and use before cleaning - do you? #commonsense

Lykosa

Am I the only one wondering how black gunk came out of your brand new vapcap? There shouldn't be any gunk in an u used unit.

Machining oil residue.

I'd iso wash anything that came from a machine shop, I vaped e liquid before I started vaping herb and it was always sensible practice to give atties a wash before use.

I guess you could argue that they could do a better cleanup job, but tbh at the end of the day we should still be looking out for our own health and safety. Iso is worth having about for cleaning purposes (especially if you have glass pieces, the VC rarely needs more than warming up and swabbing out when it comes to cleaning)

Just a reminder. Do check and clean things before use. As said before machine oil isn't really good for you, plus I found a couple of small burrs in a couple of Ms, not a big deal, only took seconds to rectify, only took a minute to identify, but if I'd never bothered to give it a look over before use I may not have noticed at all.

If you inhale a metal shaving, it's no ones fault but your own.

Squiby

The vapcap can function as an excellent low temp piece, it just needs a change in technique. It can also produce serious clouds of thick vapour too, again, dependant on technique.

I absolutely agree with this. The Vapcap is extremely versatile and will accommodate any result you want; from low temp flavor chasing to lung busting clouds. It is a manually driven vape and you are in complete control. It is the technique that dictates the results.

I generally vape at the lower temps with my Vapcap during the day. I prefer the flavor retention and the clear headed energetic high achieved from vaping a nice sativa over low temps during the day.

Higher temps are reserved for the evenings when a stonier more sedative effect is welcome.

It is easy to regulate the chamber temps by where I heat my cap and the length and number of flames I use.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I absolutely agree with this. The Vapcap is extremely versatile and will accommodate any result you want; from low temp flavor chasing to lung busting clouds. It is a manually driven vape and you are in complete control. It is the technique that dictates the results.

I generally vape at the lower temps with my Vapcap during the day. I prefer the flavor retention and the clear headed energetic high achieved from vaping a nice sativa over low temps during the day.

Higher temps are reserved for the evenings when a stonier more sedative effect is welcome.

It is easy to regulate the chamber temps by where I heat my cap and the length and number of flames I use.

EXACTLY!! Like anything else, you have to learn how to use the tool. It's relatively easy to load your VC and get vapor out of it, but it takes a little experience and learning to use it well. Pretty much the same as anything else - vape or otherwise. The tips are all here throughout the thread, and now even easier to find in the "Best of" thread.
Stick with what @Squiby tells you. She knows this shit better than anyone! :tup: :love: :bowdown:

jdent3

Or, perhaps people will realize that it is prudent to clean ANY vape and parts they receive as well as they can. I've had milling oils and tiny shreds of metal with VCs - but also grinders and metal stash boxes. Other vapes always get a good few "blows" to clean out and glass cleaned before use, as well as any other "washable" components. I don't even want to think about what may be on the Chinese glass I've purchased when it arrives. A chip on glass is something different - which IMO should be addressed and corrected. But, EVERYTHING you can easily clean should be cleaned before you stick it in your mouth.

Milling leftovers have been discussed in this thread for about a year I think. I know I mentioned this back in June with my first Ti-Woody. Granted this thread moves at an amazing pace and can be hard to keep up with, but there are many posts spread over the last 20 pages as the issue always comes up with so many jumping on the sale, and the introduction of the incredible "M".

A tip for all..... clean everything you get with ISO and hot water before use, or whatever is appropriate cleaning. I even run a dry pipe cleaner through small wooden pieces to pick up any residual sawdust or finishing oils that may be there. Not just VCs - but ANYTHING. I just got a new glass stem for my nano (a straight glass tube with a basket screen in one end). Looks stellar and very clean, but first thing I did was put it in ISO for 10 minutes. Then rinse well with hot water and dry. Works great, tastes great and I'm confident it is clean enough to put in my mouth. Took about 20 minutes! VCs can be cleaned and used just as quickly or sooner.

You don't buy dishes, glasses, mugs, silverware or anything else that will be in contact with something you're putting in your mouth and use before cleaning - do you? #commonsense

Cleaning any new vape is a good idea. I didn't clean my vapcap M before first use because it seemed pretty clean and I figured that George would probably ensure that they were clean but I guess not. I work in a metsl shop and ive never had black gunk on any parts. A little machining oil yes but not black gunk. Anything is possible though.

Last edited:

Lykosa

Cleaning any new vape is a good idea. I still don't understand how he had black gunk come out. I work in a shop that machines steel. I've never had a part that has black gunk on it. There is always a little machining oil but that is not black gunk.

I've never had black gunk from a new vapcap, just some small oil residue and a couple of small burrs (this is based on my experience with 1x gen 2 Ti, 3x gen 4 Ti, and 3x vapcap M). I wouldn't say it's impossible though, I remember plenty of black gunk in early Chinese clone RDAs 3-4 years ago. Must have been an unusually grubby one :)

Goes to show, always worth a wash and visual inspection :)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Cleaning any new vape is a good idea. I didn't clean my vapcap M before first use because it seemed pretty clean and I figured that George would probably ensure that they were clean but I guess not. I work in a metsl shop and ive never had black gunk on any parts. A little machining oil yes but not black gunk. Anything is possible though.
Maybe his use of "black gunk" is taken to literally. More than likely just machine oil on the q-tip. He did use it right after, and was happy.
I cleaned out four M's, an XLS nonavong and an omni condenser. One of the M's had a little more residue come out than the others, two of them,I saw no residue.

jdent3

Maybe his use of "black gunk" is taken to literally. More than likely just machine oil on the q-tip. He did use it right after, and was happy.
I cleaned out four M's, an XLS nonavong and an omni condenser. One of the M's had a little more residue come out than the others, two of them,I saw no residue.
Your probably right. The machining oil could possibly look like black gunk on a qtip or maybe ever when exposed to IPA

Dynalowrider

"Boiling. A liquid boils at a temperature at which its vapor pressure is equal to the pressure of the gas above it. The lower the pressure of a gas above a liquid, the lower the temperature at which the liquid will boil."

Heated herb will form gaseous vapor on the surface, lower the pressure and you lower the boiling point of the ''gaseous vapor". It boils off as vapor and into the condenser, and into your mouth, lungs, or water tool. Open the "airport" raises the "bp", lets in air, close the airport vacuum + vapor = draw restriction.
Think a minute, what vape doesn't use vacuum to produce vapor. What vape uses so little an amount of herb and produces so much vapor in so little time?
A space as small as the vc bowl under heat and vacuum is going to boil the gas and turn it into vapor. In order to produce a vacuum . You gotta suck = draw restriction.

I'm not saying this is the answer to all your vaping needs. To some it is.

I got a little drunk the other day and made the mistake of reading another thread on FC that ran down the VC. I won't make that mistake again. A couple on there have no idea how mother nature works, but they figured out how to talk out of their a_s.
You want vapor clouds? YOU SUCK. < instructions on getting vapor<
Doc

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
~Edit to remove salt~
My :2c: on that thread. Almost everything in that thread has been discussed somewhere in this one. Alot of info is regurgitated patiently over and over to the point it's circular. No one blurts out "Use the search function!". Nice helpful, patient people.
Fanboys? I saw his sig, but I don't know how long it's been there, so I don't know if it's directed at VC'ers or if it's been there for awhile. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cause fanboyism happens on any forum, beit guitars, knives, guns, knitting yarn,vapes, on and on.
Also no other builder has a specific "what's wrong with your product" thread. Although some of those big threads are nothing but that. How to mod to improve, how many times can I send this in and get another,etc.:p
Just saying, that dude has gone through 8 S&B Craftys..:bang:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
"Boiling. A liquid boils at a temperature at which its vapor pressure is equal to the pressure of the gas above it. The lower the pressure of a gas above a liquid, the lower the temperature at which the liquid will boil."

Heated herb will form gaseous vapor on the surface, lower the pressure and you lower the boiling point of the ''gaseous vapor". It boils off as vapor and into the condenser, and into your mouth, lungs, or water tool. Open the "airport" raises the "bp", lets in air, close the airport vacuum + vapor = draw restriction.
Think a minute, what vape doesn't use vacuum to produce vapor. What vape uses so little an amount of herb and produces so much vapor in so little time?
A space as small as the vc bowl under heat and vacuum is going to boil the gas and turn it into vapor. In order to produce a vacuum . You gotta suck = draw restriction.

I'm not saying this is the answer to all your vaping needs. To some it is.

I got a little drunk the other day and made the mistake of reading another thread on FC that ran down the VC. I won't make that mistake again. A couple on there have no idea how mother nature works, but they figured out how to talk out of their a_s.
You want vapor clouds? YOU SUCK. < instructions on getting vapor<
Doc

Thanks much for your continued input about vacuum and vapor production. Was something I hadn't thought about much, and think I get what you're saying (physics isn't quite my strong suit!).

However, I have a few vapes that I don't think use vacuum for vapor production - at least certainly not at the level of VCs, and some of them produce excellent vapor with little material in nearly no time - or at least as fast (or almost) as a VC. One is my beloved nano! It has to be on and warmed up (as it usually is and sitting there waiting for me), but vapor production is instant. It will kick your ass while microdosing - as well or better than the VC IME. But, you do have to be near a power source and have it ready to go for quick use. The other is my newer MistVape. It requires a battery (and all the BS that goes with it), but is a beast with smaller loads. Neither have much draw restriction, by comparison to VC with airport closed I'd say none.

But, for a compact, non-electric killer vape? VC can't be beat. Keep your lighters full, know what you're doing while heating and above all... RESPECT THE CLICK! Love all my VC's and hopefully can avoid the dreaded VCAS for a while and just enjoy these - OMNI, 2 Ti-Woodys, "M", and a couple OGs (plus too many parts, accessories, bodies/stems than I care to count!).

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@Derrrpp omg dude that is a stunning specimen! My list is getting out of control and it's all dynavap's fault!
Getting? Really? :rofl:
Just crazy beautiful.
The vapcap can function as an excellent low temp piece, it just needs a change in technique. It can also produce serious lungfulls of thick vapour too, again, dependant on technique. The flame configuration of your torch makes a big difference to the way it behaves too.
Absolutely agree. My VCs are one of my easier vapes for flavor hits. I have only one that is better.
I guess the only solution is for George to embark on a nation-wide VapCap Instructional Tour...
Hey, if he needs a crew I'll be glad to go with. Sounds like fun... :cool:

Last edited:

darbarikanada

another thread on FC that ran down the VC

I see that thread as an indication of what a great product the VC is; the OP put out a call for people to chime in on what's wrong with it - and (full disclosure: I only read the first few pages) only got confirmation that some other people share his/her feeling about draw resistance - and even those people seem to feel that it's not a deal-breaker.

vapes are evolving; even the VC changes regularly in search of better performance and lower cost. I'd say we're all pretty fortunate to have all the great options out there nowadays (remember roach clips??? eating roaches???). and kudos to FC for providing us with a (well-moderated) discussion. I personally want to know the downsides of any product before I buy it, and the absence of any widespread negative reviews is a very good sign indeed - if there were serious issues with the VC, this would be where you'd hear about it - probably first.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ya know, I keep looking at the photos of @Derrrpp 's new Nonavong and how gorgeous it is and lusting a little, so I decided to use some of the beeswax I got with my last order on MY Nonavong. I gotta say that while not as lovely as his, it certainly did bring out more beauty in grain and color. It is definitely worth doing.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Also no other builder has a specific "what's wrong with your product" thread. Although some of those big threads are nothing but that.

You are right and that is for a good reason: a specific "what is wrong with this vape" thread wasn't allowed on FC.

I believe that thread is not a shitstorm only because, despite someone accusing of fanboyism, there aren't really fanatics on vapcap thread, only very happy customers! I am glad to be part of this

sag

I've been using a pocket sized eagle single jet torch lighter lately and noticed that the click is much more pronounced with it . With the triple jet I normally use , the click is lighter and sometimes I only hear one click , but with the single jet I always get two distinct clicks that are much louder . This may help . What lighter / torch do you use ??

The triple that vap cap sells

FreddieFresh

You are right and that is for a good reason: a specific "what is wrong with this vape" thread wasn't allowed on FC.

I believe that thread is not a shitstorm only because, despite someone accusing of fanboyism, there aren't really fanatics on vapcap thread, only very happy customers! I am glad to be part of this

I'll confess to being pretty fanatical about DV and the VC line. While deserving of it, it seems VC has become the new "Just get the... insert vape here" recommendation around the forums. I highly recommend it to anyone, but if it doesn't fit their needs then I won't toss it out there.

What I don't appreciate is someone (won't name names) assuming that as fans of DV we can't also love other companies and products as well. I, as well as many other members of this thread, own a number of vapes that we preach the virtues of. And while many of those devices cost upwards of 4 or 5 times as much, the VC proves it's capable of providing the same top tier quality and experience. :myday:

Squiby

I only read the first few pages) only got confirmation that some other people share his/her feeling about draw resistance - and even those people seem to feel that it's not a deal-breaker.
I agree. The one downside to the thread is that those that are having difficulty learning the Vapcap, dont necessarly get the advice they need to rectify their issue, as they would, here, on the main Vapcap thread.

And as for resistance...Well, resistance is futile.

Actually, I believe that the original title actually warned fans away. I felt quite unwelcome to offer any helpful advice. :huh:

But, since they've changed the thread title, I have posted a few bits and bobs and how to's. If they don't want me posting there (because I am clearly a huge fan) they're going to have to tell me to my face. :2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom