natural farmer

The body of it is not magnetic, no adjustable airflow either (that I'm aware of) I still really like it...

It feels exclusive now!

@antispleen...did The bird tell you what the model name is, I feel like a dumvass calling it the wrong name. Lol
Would this be a mid-line Ti VapCap then? Ti tip, one-piece Ti body/mouthpiece, no Omnivap condenser? Around $100? I like it! :D

Kalessin

The body of it is not magnetic, no adjustable airflow either (that I'm aware of) I still really like it...

It feels exclusive now!

@antispleen...did The bird tell you what the model name is, I feel like a dumvass calling it the wrong name. Lol
So, I'm just curious. How did you acquire it without knowing it's name or anything?

Last edited:

towtow

I've found that the air restriction is not really impacted if I make the degummed hemp fiber filter very thin.

When making the filter sandwich between two screens, I seat the first screen in the bottom ridge of the chamber, add the filter then gently push the second screen in until it snaps into the middle ridge. This way the filter is not compacted between the screens but floats freely.

This results in an easy draw and smooth cool finely filtered vapor with absolutely no particulates in the airpath.

I guess you must be right because I put my screens way too close together ! Thank you squiby.

edit : Yep after checking with your setup, air-flow is now perfect.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
hSaa9r2.jpg

Trusty time-blackened cap on the left, nice and shiny custom engraved cap on the right. I think I'll be keeping that one pristine. :cool:

It's amazing how legible the text is considering the cap is the size of a small fingernail.

Alexis

I guess you must be right because I put my screens way too close together ! Thank you squiby.

edit : Yep after checking with your setup, air-flow is now perfect.
I broke out my Omnivap 2 days ago the first time in months. I gave up on it as it was badly exacerbating my hand and wrist/tendonitis, repetitive strain.

This time I fell in love with it like never before. I didnt just forget, I never realised what a fantastic vaporizer it is!:nod:
The effect is so full, just like smoking but still the lighter vapor high, but nothing missing as with many convection vapes that leave the abv much more yellow.

With my XL Herborizer, the extraction is very slow and incomplete. Its a good vape, but the buzz does leave something lacking. I stick to max temp of 200°C as any higher really bothers my allergies and sensitive lungs. And the effect is still a little lacking.
The Herborizer abv on these temps is light brown. Its still good for cooking.

I always extract most everything from the herb in the Omnivap, and never save the darker brown abv. What I realised the last 2 days is that even though the Omnivap extracts more quickly and more completely then the Herborizer, and abv is dark, the Omnivap bothers my chest so much less!

This kind or implies that the extraction is taking place at a far lower relative temp, to get all the goods, than most vaporizers. Usually the dark brown abv can be a signal of high heat, "benzene" vapor.

But the vapcap vapor is lightly visible upon exhale and dissipates fast.

Anyway, the point of this post is in reference to @Squiby 's hemp fiber filter.

Originally I was just placing a ball of hemp fiber under the screen, just above the condenser. I wanted to keep the bowl size maximum for the biggest hits, so was never keen on the 2 screen sandwhich idea. But the draw was actually very restricted with hemp fiber just above the condenser.

So I decided to try the 2 screen sandwhich method. My first installation resulted on both screens in the lowest position, and a bit awkward to remove. So I thought, sod this, why cant I just drop the hemp fiber gauze under the screen in the bottom of the bowl? Then I just put the one screen on top and pushed it into place in the lowest groove.

Anyway it seems to be working well. Maybe the airflow is a tad more restrictive than the 2 screen sandwhich method, but it works absolutely fine.

I had the airflow pretty open, condenser screwed most the way out from the tip. George sent me a replacement cap after my original one was to tight on my 2nd gen Ti tip.

Then when I got a 3rd gen tip, the cap George sent me, which was much looser on my 2nd gen tip, is now too tight on my 3rd gen tip. So this reduces the airflow a lot, hence why I currently have the condenser screwed mostly in (towards mouthpiece).

It still worked a treat. Full extraction in 3 heat cycles from a full bowl. Darkish brown abv. All good taste and pleasant, and huge hits! Boy I only vaped 4 bowls yesterday, maybe 0.3 grams, and I was stoned out of head all day, and even most of today! Im not a suoer lightweight at all.

Chose

I broke out my Omnivap 2 days ago the first time in months. I gave up on it as it was badly exacerbating my hand and wrist/tendonitis, repetitive strain.

This time I fell in love with it like never before. I didnt just forget, I never realised what a fantastic vaporizer it is!:nod:
The effect is so full, just like smoking but still the lighter vapor high, but nothing missing as with many convection vapes that leave the abv much more yellow.

With my XL Herborizer, the extraction is very slow and incomplete. Its a good vape, but the buzz does leave something lacking. I stick to max temp of 200°C as any higher really bothers my allergies and sensitive lungs. And the effect is still a little lacking.
The Herborizer abv on these temps is light brown. Its still good for cooking.

I always extract most everything from the herb in the Omnivap, and never save the darker brown abv. What I realised the last 2 days is that even though the Omnivap extracts more quickly and more completely then the Herborizer, and abv is dark, the Omnivap bothers my chest so much less!

This kind or implies that the extraction is taking place at a far lower relative temp, to get all the goods, than most vaporizers. Usually the dark brown abv can be a signal of high heat, "benzene" vapor.

But the vapcap vapor is lightly visible upon exhale and dissipates fast.

Anyway, the point of this post is in reference to @Squiby 's hemp fiber filter.

Originally I was just placing a ball of hemp fiber under the screen, just above the condenser. I wanted to keep the bowl size maximum for the biggest hits, so was never keen on the 2 screen sandwhich idea. But the draw was actually very restricted with hemp fiber just above the condenser.

So I decided to try the 2 screen sandwhich method. My first installation resulted on both screens in the lowest position, and a bit awkward to remove. So I thought, sod this, why cant I just drop the hemp fiber gauze under the screen in the bottom of the bowl? Then I just put the one screen on top and pushed it into place in the lowest groove.

Anyway it seems to be working well. Maybe the airflow is a tad more restrictive than the 2 screen sandwhich method, but it works absolutely fine.

I had the airflow pretty open, condenser screwed most the way out from the tip. George sent me a replacement cap after my original one was to tight on my 2nd gen Ti tip.

Then when I got a 3rd gen tip, the cap George sent me, which was much looser on my 2nd gen tip, is now too tight on my 3rd gen tip. So this reduces the airflow a lot, hence why I currently have the condenser screwed mostly in (towards mouthpiece).

It still worked a treat. Full extraction in 3 heat cycles from a full bowl. Darkish brown abv. All good taste and pleasant, and huge hits! Boy I only vaped 4 bowls yesterday, maybe 0.3 grams, and I was stoned out of head all day, and even most of today! Im not a suoer lightweight at all.
Glad your back
The omni rocks
Great post
Sweet

Alexis

I finally got around to shooting a quick video of my OmniVap being powered by @Pipes induction heater. I really enjoy using by vapcap even more with this cool device. :science:

:peace:
Out of imterest Stu, how do you "dial" your mouthpiece/condenser? Screwed into the tip, right out, in between?

I was using mine with the condenser screwed mostly in to the mouthpiece past 2 days. It was milking effortlessly and thick, with full extraction in 3 cycles, and it was still really smooth as well.

It didnt seem at all necessary to screw the condenser deeper into the tip to get the most satisfying, powerful vapor. And I definitely prefer less draw restriction as long as I can still get the good vapor.

Alexis

Mine is mostly closed. I turned the mp all the way to the left (closed) and turned to the right by a couple mm. I like it there, so I haven't really experimented much with the airier side of things.

:peace:
Thanks for the insight. My cap is a pretty tight fit on my Ti tip. I feel that having the condenser extended into the tip may be a more preferable experience with a slightly looser cap allowing better airflow. That's partly why mine is opened up. And is why I noticed how the vapor was totally sufficient and rich, without needing to reduce the airflow with the mouthpiece.

VanCough

Environmentalist
I can't wait to purchase the TiGlassy on 4/20! I hope @VapCap offer a good discount;) Also maybe a special deal for FC members offering free cap engraving?:brow:

To be honest though, I'll pay whatever they consider a fair price because it's good to support an innovative company in its infancy. I'd get an omnivap if I wasn't a broke student:lol: although I've heard the omni isn't necessarily worth the extra cost over the Ti tip and cap? Anyone who owns both the omni and the v4 ti tip care to weigh in?

I am worried about how addictive this vaporiser and its 'culture' will become though! @Winegums and @phattpiggie make me want to spend my money!

The favourite torch thread isn't helping the situation either, nor are the videos you guys post using your VCs with different glass pieces!

This thing is giving me VAS VCAS TAS and GAS, it's the only vaporiser that's interested me since purchasing my mighty.

Hope I'm not overhyping it!

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I can't wait to purchase the TiGlassy on 4/20! I hope @VapCap offer a good discount;) Also maybe a special deal for FC members offering free cap engraving?:brow:

To be honest though, I'll pay whatever they consider a fair price because it's good to support an innovative company in its infancy. I'd get an omnivap if I wasn't a broke student:lol: although I've heard the omni isn't necessarily worth the extra cost over the Ti tip and cap? Anyone who owns both the omni and the v4 ti tip care to weigh in?

I am worried about how addictive this vaporiser and its 'culture' will become though! @Winegums and @phattpiggie make me want to spend my money!

The favourite torch thread isn't helping the situation either, nor are the videos you guys post using your VCs with different glass pieces!

This thing is giving me VAS VCAS TAS and GAS, it's the only vaporiser that's interested me since purchasing my mighty.

I seriously thought it was over hyped and was a skeptic until I tried it but it has quickly become my most used vapourizer. It is just as fast as my herbalizer to get a session in, and provides a thicker tastier vapour than my mighty. It mimics a bong hit if I could describe the vapour production cycle from click to click.

If you're not wanting to spend a huge amount of money you can get a VapCap Ti w/mouth piece then upgrade to an Omni later on.

I've got some 420 stuff brewing in the back of my mind. but I'm waiting on parts in the mail to see what I'll do.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Mine is mostly closed. I turned the mp all the way to the left (closed) and turned to the right by a couple mm. I like it there, so I haven't really experimented much with the airier side of things.
I'm with Stu on this. I set my Omni for a fairly tight draw resistance then have left it alone. No need to over analyze perfection when you find it.
It is just as fast as my herbalizer to get a session in, and provides a thicker tastier vapour than my mighty.
Tru dat. I'm sure that is because of the Mighty's cooling unit. A DynaVap is much more personal, intimate, experience with taste and texture.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Go for gold!

Take this year's food budget out of your student loan and get an @Ed's TnT Wood Scents.

I hear 10c cans of beans aren't all that bad, also you can survive a year on pasta shells and gravy.

You'll be so happy with your decision that you'll not even the jaundice or scurvy.

As for the addictive culture, I don't know what you mean :D

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
VCCAS

I have a confession to make, I have six caps, only need four at most, and have only used two. :hmm:

I currently have three Ti tips and one Original Glass unit. When I first got sucked into the VapCap ecosystem I bought some spare caps because I thought I might lose them or something. Don't ask me, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :shrug:

I mainly use one, it's the one that's turning black. I use one other cap that's not nearly as dark as my main cap. That means I have three pristine old version caps, and a pristine custom engraved new cap, as well as two used caps. Do I have the first documented case of VCCAS? (VapCap Cap Aqcuisition Syndrome)

QSZBCF0.jpg

Top Bottom