Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Good news! just placed my order for a glass VapCap, let the waiting begin :brow: been a while eh? I'm excited :D
Hey lady, nice to see you around :) You got the basic VapCap OG glass one, yeah? I love mine! Knowing your history with vapes, you're gonna hit the ground running with this one! All you gotta do is respect the click and that's it! They perform really well through water as well!

natural farmer

Do I have the first documented case of VCCAS? (VapCap Cap Aqcuisition Syndrome)
Do you wanna have it? :cool:

I feel so great using the Omnivap these days that I think if it suddenly disappeared from my life I just wouldn't enjoy vaporizing as much anymore, really! It has passed the "grab" test with flying colours as it's the only one I actually go for for the last month or so. I don't even use my Project, as much as I like it's form and usage, cause I just like the vapor profile and ritual of the Omni so much. The thickness and potency of the vapor is so pleasing to me... I wonder if there is any other vape in the market with similar vapor profile? Supreme maybe? And holding it, this tiny and solid piece of metal, assured that it will just work everytime no matter what? Priceless! Losing interest in the vaping scene... :ugh: :p Is this The One? For me so far, yes and I don't see anything changing this in the horizon. Vapcap has made me it's bitch, an on-demand, conduction whore! FuckConvection? :lol:

@jambandphan03 That took some time! :p Glad to have you around! Missed you...

Ricardo

Regarding the degummed hemp filter, I swapped mine out yesterday after about a week's use - it was a golden-brown colour and probably didn't need changing yet. Inserting the screens was a hassle though :\.

Alexis

Regarding the degummed hemp filter, I swapped mine out yesterday after about a week's use - it was a golden-brown colour and probably didn't need changing yet. Inserting the screens was a hassle though :\.
Easy. Did you see my post yesterday about using the hemp fiber gauze with only one screen, in the lowest bowl position? It is post 12278 above :

Anyway, the point of this post is in reference to @Squiby 's hemp fiber filter.
Originally I was just placing a ball of hemp fiber under the screen, just above the condenser. I wanted to keep the bowl size maximum for the biggest hits, so was never keen on the 2 screen sandwhich idea. But the draw was actually very restricted with hemp fiber just above the condenser.

So I decided to try the 2 screen sandwhich method. My first installation resulted on both screens in the lowest position, and a bit awkward to remove. So I thought, sod this, why cant I just drop the hemp fiber gauze under the screen in the bottom of the bowl? Then I just put the one screen on top and pushed it into place in the lowest groove.

Anyway it seems to be working well. Maybe the airflow is a tad more restrictive than the 2 screen sandwhich method, but it works absolutely fine.

Im hoping someone else will try it this way and see if it does work well enough. Easier installation/ removal, with full bowl size too.

almost there

VCCAS

I have a confession to make, I have six caps, only need four at most, and have only used two. :hmm:

I currently have three Ti tips and one Original Glass unit. When I first got sucked into the VapCap ecosystem I bought some spare caps because I thought I might lose them or something. Don't ask me, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :shrug:

I mainly use one, it's the one that's turning black. I use one other cap that's not nearly as dark as my main cap. That means I have three pristine old version caps, and a pristine custom engraved new cap, as well as two used caps. Do I have the first documented case of VCCAS? (VapCap Cap Aqcuisition Syndrome)

QSZBCF0.jpg
Fortunately for u my friend I'm currently working on a treatment for VCCS, it's still in it's experimental phase but u can pm be some detailed photos of some byproducts of this problem. I will extract the excess caps and offer instant relief to this issue. Treatment can begin immediately and I offer discounts to FC members :D

Ricardo

I take your point but I want smaller loads so I'm trying the sandwich method. With the OG glass model I could push the screen up the body until it clicked into place. With the OmniVap, the screens havr to go in from the top, and it ain't easy to position the first screen in the first groove. The rolled fiber goes in easily and the second screen went into the second groove with some difficulty. But now everything is in place I have a smallish chamber at the top of the tip - just right for my micro doses :)

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I gave up on it as it was badly exacerbating my hand and wrist/tendonitis, repetitive strain.

I think you should consider one of these, or the battery powered units pipes is making...

I finally got around to shooting a quick video of my OmniVap being powered by @Pipes induction heater. I really enjoy using by vapcap even more with this cool device. :science:

Click to play YouTube Video​
$(document).ready(function(){ $('div.62c2an-SZas').click(function(){ $(this).html(''); }); });

alterego420

Having already vaped herb, hash and kief, I finally got the chance to try the OG with oil. I used a tiny piece of cotton from my ecig bits and pieces and soaked a drop of oil into it. Vaped through my little bong I got a couple of good rips from it.

There's nothing this little vape can't do, superb :)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Yo man, this thread is flying fast as superman! I can't keep up. The vapcap love is strong and growing fast!
So check it out, a forum member sold me a kick ass little bubbler and it's 18mm...I was very creative in my ideas to connect my vapcap to the bubbler. They all involved silicone sleeves in one way or another. Eventually I came up with this idea and it's awesome.

IMG_20170321_070950811.jpg

So, it's an oversized NonG from @underdog , a little tiny silicone sleeve I got from @Alan that is also used to hold ss tips in glass, and of course the vapcap tip. I'm always juryrigging things together hehehe
IMG_20170321_071108131.jpg

Look how DARK the cap and tip are!
I'm still loving all the photos! Keep em coming! I so so so want a custom stem or two. I think the wood and acrylic hybrids are my favorite so far that I've seen...well and the twists of all variety!

Alexis

Yo man, this thread is flying fast as superman! I can't keep up. The vapcap love is strong and growing fast!
So check it out, a forum member sold me a kick ass little bubbler and it's 18mm...I was very creative in my ideas to connect my vapcap to the bubbler. They all involved silicone sleeves in one way or another. Eventually I came up with this idea and it's awesome.

IMG_20170321_070950811.jpg

So, it's an oversized NonG from @underdog , a little tiny silicone sleeve I got from @Alan that is also used to hold ss tips in glass, and of course the vapcap tip. I'm always juryrigging things together hehehe
IMG_20170321_071108131.jpg

Look how DARK the cap and tip are!
I'm still loving all the photos! Keep em coming! I so so so want a custom stem or two. I think the wood and acrylic hybrids are my favorite so far that I've seen...well and the twists of all variety!
Oh, no picture of the little bubbler as well?

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The Dynavap website really need to be updated with up to date photos of the products!

For example the titanium body, for me the difference between photo description and current design was enough to make it just a dissapointment and waste of money . Lession learned here that more research should have been done on the FC forums, but it is hard knowing what is custom built/home made and right at the point of a design change it takes some time before new user photos start circulating in these pages.

I agree too.
I know negative criticism isn't well handled on the Intertubes, but no one can deny that there is a huge gap between the work quality produced by George and his team, and his representation in their "official" channel. That's even more visible since things start evolving fast and this is not good for brand representation beyond the community. But i'm sure George is aware of that and plans to fix that when times comes.

Unfortunately, serious photography is something commonly laid aside by a lot of people (even the press is replacing photographers with untalented people with crappy iphones...) who prefer to do that task by themselves.
The current technology is pushing this mood forward in a world where everyone thinks he can be a photographer, trading knowledge and art for egotism and lack of creativity.

You are right. @VapCap should commissions @TheVaporist as photographer.
His pics are brilliant and let look all VC sophisticated. And so far as I've understood he would do so.

I couldn't say thanks enough for so much consideration.
Of course i will do it, more work is always a good thing, especially when you can work with positive and stimulant folks.
The only thing George is lacking is a good artisitic line, and I hope he will find the right person to do a great job.

And that's an euphemism ! If you leave this thread alone for a few days, you end up with a book to read !

I'm gonna add some more, alone at home with a crappy weather. Let's gonna fill this thread :rockon:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Unfortunately, serious photography is something commonly laid aside by a lot of people (even the press is replacing photographers with untalented people with crappy iphones...) who prefer to do that task by themselves.
The current technology is pushing this mood forward in a world where everyone thinks he can be a photographer, trading knowledge and art for egotism and lack of creativity.
Everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone has the time to study ISO, F stops, depth of field, colour balancing, etc. No one starts out being their best at something and not everyone wants to be the best. I didn't know much when I started and I'm still learning.

I find a lot of people want to do it themselves because they don't want to pay a photographer 100's of dollars. Which is fine in my eyes as they're taking the initiative to learn something rather than get instant gratification through monetary means.

I don't think we should be discouraging anyone from taking pictures or owning a camera. The idea that "it's an art form so only professionals can do it" sounds elitist. I encourage anyone to pick up a camera and start taking pictures.

TheVaporist

@Winegums ,this is not to sound elitist, everyone can practice as they wants and do what they can.
I was speaking professionally.
And in this area polished, professional work, as always more impact than his amateur counterpart. There is nothing bad about it, but that's why people are paying a professional photographer.
Having funds fo it is another problem, but no one can deny that you get more quality and impact from a professional work.

"The idea that "it's an art form so only professionals can do it" sounds elitist" is something that you had extrapolated from my speech, all I was saying is that an amateur can't replace a professional.

Although if you look at my previous posts, I'm always pushing people forward to do their best
and improve themsleves, sharing my knowledge and ideas.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums ,this is not to sound elitist, everyone can practice as they wants and do what they can.
I was speaking professionally.
And in this area polished, professional work always as more impact than his amateur counterpart. There is nothing bad about it, but that's what people are paying photographer.

"The idea that "it's an art form so only professionals can do it" sounds elitist" is something that you had extrapolated from my speech, all I was saying is that an amateur can't replace a professional.

Although if you look at my previous posts, I'm always pushing people forward to do their best
and improve themsleves, sharing my knowledge and ideas.
To me it sounded very discouraging as I'm one of those people who is trying to do it themselves. The idea that an amateur can't replace a professional is quite negative to me.

*this is getting off topic.

Squiby

This thing is giving me VAS VCAS TAS and GAS, it's the only vaporiser that's interested me since purchasing my mighty.

Hope I'm not overhyping it!
if you are anything like me, you will experience the classic 10 steps process of being sucked into the full blown vortex of the Vapcap Aquistion Syndrome.

Here's how it goes:

1. Recieve your Vapcap purchase and be shocked by how tiny it really is and how it fits perfectly in your hand; like it was made for you. Just YOU.
2. Admire its simple beauty.
3. Test out the function with a few heating techniques and discover that it actually works! It works great!
4. Refine your technique and realize that your stash is lasting much longer than usual even though you've been having just as much fun!
5. Begin putting your other vapes away because, well, they don't need to be sitting around all the time, cluttering the place up.
6. Imagine all the ways you could store your Vapcap, to compliment its beauty while keeping it within arms reach. A sleek Dynastash or a soft supple Vapcap Pouch. Maybe that antique box that you love...
7. Explore the idea of additional stems and bodies to satisfy your appreciation for variety and your childhood love of LEGO.
8. Maybe just buy more tips and caps for your extra stems. Also, might as well get an Omni and another Woody while you're at it. You need an extra Vapcap in the garage, basement, garden shed, friends house, car, summer place etc.
9. Develop a deep seated love for your Vapcap collection.
10. List those other larger, bulkier, less efficient vapes for sale. After all, you need the extra space for your growing bud collection because you are still buying and or growing at the same pace.

Do I have the first documented case of VCCAS? (VapCap Cap Aqcuisition Syndrome)
Nope!!! LOL! Welcome to the club!!!:wave:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
His critic only regards to pics for commercial presentations.
If you've a website and offering beautiful products in your online shop by kinds you should be sure that presention at least shows real beautiness of your products may be best look them more shine.
And the VCs are beauties. It s a pitty the DV site dont show how beauty they are.

Winegums, your products are a different thing. You are offering individual items. You cant take a professional pic of each of your stems/bodies. Would be more work taking the pics and overworking them than making the woodies.

TheVaporist

@Winegums, sorry about it. But there is no point to be discouraged as you ain't a picture's professional, and ain't a big company enough to pay for this kind of service.
It was just my point of view on a tough market, not on everyone knowledge.

An amateur can replace a professional, but he will have to buy for thousands of dollars a good camera, different lens, umbrellas, flashes, backgrounds, tripods and acquire all the knowledge to make the best shot.

Sorry, but I don't want to start a debate, please just don't be discouraged and think about all my previous post. I share a lot of stuff that a very tiny amount of people do, because they prefer to keep their secrets for them ;)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums, sorry about it. But there is no point to be discouraged as you ain't a picture's professional, and ain't a big company enough to pay for this kind of service.
It was just my point of view on a tough market, not on everyone knowledge.

An amateur can replace a professional, but he will have to buy for thousands of dollars a good camera, different lens, umbrellas, flashes, backgrounds, tripods and acquire all the knowledge to make the best shot.

Sorry, but I don't want to start a debate, please just don't be discouraged and think about all my previous post. I share a lot of stuff that a very tiny amount of people do, because they prefer to keep their secrets for them ;)
It's alright, I think we're all good.

And about all the equipment... it gathers really really fast. Suddenly you're looking at 50mm lenses, better tripods, and ALWAYS MORE LIGHTS.

Dynalowrider

So you may not believe this. I have tried to replicate this in the past, and have not been successful. I have pursued the "two draw, one heat" rip and was never able to accomplish it.
What I'm getting at is, has anyone ever gotten two (2) pulls from one (1) rip? I use the vc through water.
Heat, draw, clear water tool, draw again without heating again.
I'm playing with the "cap screen" mod. It works folks.
I'm not sure why but I'm getting double draws on one heating. It's almost every time on the second and third rip.
The clicks on cool down are weird too. Two distinct clicks, second one is almost like a thump. Taste is improved IMHO.
Flux brushes, (used to apply solder paste on copper pipe joints, bristles cut at 1/2") great for sweeping out the cap when warm. I cut the handle down and placed my Boundless poker inside the handle for a nice VapCap tool.
This is "research and development" folks. You may be able to get in on the latest vc improvement. Just try it out. Doc

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So you may not believe this. I have tried to replicate this in the past, and have not been successful. I have pursued the "two draw, one heat" rip and was never able to accomplish it.
What I'm getting at is, has anyone ever gotten two (2) pulls from one (1) rip? I use the vc through water.
Heat, draw, clear water tool, draw again without heating again.
I'm playing with the "cap screen" mod. It works folks.
I'm not sure why but I'm getting double draws on one heating. It's almost every time on the second and third rip.
With my water piece I draw from click to click as the vapour is so smooth. I typically get two heat cycles from one load if I don't Boost (torch the cap before the cool down click) in the middle of the hit. I've experimented and found that I can practically toast a load in one go if I boost.

Are you talking about getting more vapour than expected when you go in for the second pull on the same heat cycle?

The clicks on cool down are weird too. Two distinct clicks, second one is almost like a thump.

This is how my cap has always been. click-CLICK upon heat up and cool down. The clicks usually happen pretty close to each other on my cap.

TheVaporist

@Dynalowrider, the screen on the cap is probably soaking heat from the cap, leading the cap to click when the bowl as reached a higher temperture than usual.
With a double or single flame, heating lower as possible, i tend to have vapor from start to the reset click (two draw if my lungs are lazy, or one huge draw).

As @Winegums, my caps are behaving the same as you, two distinct click (unless using a triple or quad torch, wich tend to synchronize the clicks) and if there is a sound modification on the click, i think this may be the screen adding rigidity and pressure against the clicking discs.

Dynalowrider

Maybe I'm just late for the party. The story of my life. I don't know if it was my hearing or just the luck of the draw on getting a cap with two clicks. I have seven (7) caps of differing ages none of which double clicked before I placed a screen inside. With the screen they all double click.
I thought I was on to something.
I'm still going to mess with this. It's fun and you sure get fuzzy doing "R and D".:D
Wish me luck. Doc

TheVaporist

What is the current design if I may ask? The Omni does seemed to be varied a bit, there's the diamond cut pattern that is what I take to be the norm and I've seen the loose wire coil pattern Which I like a lot more. I was watching sneaky pete's vapcap review and he had it but hard to gauge what timeframe George and company was making those, they're always experimenting

Here is a little shot of the latest Omnivap style:

IMG_5888.jpg

In hands it feels awesome, very nice surface finishing, looks like a jewelry piece :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom