ArthurJ

Hey @Squiby, yeah the twist is nice too!
I have to order another tip/cap so I can have it ready to roll too!
I think I'm learning that my preference is for the squared off shapes, the box and the hex, but the twist has a nice soft feel to it, it's fun to hold also.
I like the length of them.
The dynavap cocobolo body is short, like I'm hittin a joint.
Wirh these stems I feel a character in an old movie smoking a cigarette in a holder.
I think a cigarette case that could hold two or three stems with tips would be pretty cool.

snamuh

ghost
Hey @Squiby, yeah the twist is nice too!
I have to order another tip/cap so I can have it ready to roll too!
I think I'm learning that my preference is for the squared off shapes, the box and the hex, but the twist has a nice soft feel to it, it's fun to hold also.
I like the length of them.
The dynavap cocobolo body is short, like I'm hittin a joint.
Wirh these stems I feel a character in an old movie smoking a cigarette in a holder.
I think a cigarette case that could hold two or three stems with tips would be pretty cool.
A Sherlock VC would be nice!

I got my carbon fiber Omni. Tip swaps are smooth, so far so good. The size of great for on the go, easy to hide in my hand.

One thing I've noticed is the screens don't stay in the the slotted spots. I don't know if this is because of the new tips (wide grooved) or the new screens (v3?) Or maybe just my own issue. So my only option is the deepest. I was able to get a screen to fit in the second slot with my other new version tip/screen.

The new screens also are very open and let a lot of debris past.

almost there

Sorry to post something off topic but I'm hoping there's someone with some experience on this thread that can help me out. First off I have a confession to make, I'm a tobacco smoker. I've been planning to buy a vapcap, possibly an Omni for tobacco vaping purposes in an effort to stop combustion altogether. So far I'm halfway there already. In an earlier video George mentioned a tobacco for using with the vc, does anyone know of a tasty blend to help me quit smoking? Please feel free to pm me, sorry to interrupt the thread.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
buying a new tip+cap today for my
@phattpiggie stem that'll hopefully be here by next week, just curious if the new screens come with? or if i should buy them... if i even can?

edit: i have 2 extra titanium screens i got after i needed to replace the old ceramic screen i broke, so I technically don't need a screen to make things work... but I think the new screens just have a new pattern? but idk.

Last edited:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
Sorry to post something off topic but I'm hoping there's someone with some experience on this thread that can help me out. First off I have a confession to make, I'm a tobacco smoker. I've been planning to buy a vapcap, possibly an Omni for tobacco vaping purposes in an effort to stop combustion altogether. So far I'm halfway there already. In an earlier video George mentioned a tobacco for using with the vc, does anyone know of a tasty blend to help me quit smoking? Please feel free to pm me, sorry to interrupt the thread.
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black 3.5 stars out of 4, great rating for aromatic. Dry it before vaping.

in8won

Live every day like you are on vacation
Welcome to the Vapcap clan! You've got some awesome pieces!

@in8won can we be expecting pics of your new Woody?

@ArthurJ

I have a @phattpiggie Blackwood Square too and it's also my favourite piggies stem. The Blackwood is so sleek and unbelievably smooth. It's a joy to use and admire. Phattpiggie is making some new treasures for me so that Blackwood Square may well have its title challenged.

How do you like the Purple Heart Twist? There's something about it......It looks lovely. Is it as nice as the pics?

@needalift

You've got a great set-up there! Nice tray!
Any recommendations for image hosting sites or app?

Here is a picture of my set up @Squiby if the free image host service works.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4636/b4gkkdi2_jpg.htm

after several edits and not much free time today. I can seem to get this free image hosting thing to work. any help is appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/c0j2f

Last edited by a moderator:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
after several edits and not much free time today. I can seem to get this free image hosting thing to work. any help is appreciated.

b4gkkdi2_jpg.htm

b4gkkdi2_jpg.htm
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Love my omni. Great improvement over my woody.

How does everyone use there airflow adjustment? At the moment i am taking the first cycle with the mouthpiece screwed all the way in. Then when i do further hits i screw out the mouthpiece for more air. Later hits can be harsher so this conteracts this nicely.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
OK folks please excuse this post, I don't have the time to skim this whole thread so pardon my I'm sure already asked and answered questions.

I am looking to get a VapCap as my second vape, I am familiar with it's basic function but was confused as to a couple of points.

1. the XL versus standard condenser, what is the difference?
2. single crown/double crown performance difference?

I know these units are very efficient with micro-dosing but how about as a one-hitter? Could you load it pretty full and pull fat rips off of it? I am thinking with the adjustable airflow and overall design this could be achieved.

Also can you hit them up off a car lighter or does it have to be a stronger heat source?

Thanks FC crew!

Squiby

buying a new tip+cap today for my
@phattpiggie stem, just curious if the new screens come with?

Yes, individually purchased tips come equipped with a screen.

1. the XL versus standard condenser, what is the difference?
The XL condenser is 17mm longer than the regular condenser and accommodates a 62mm stem and a mouthpiece. A Vapcap XLS model uses an XL condenser and is 4.25 inches long.

The regular condenser will accommodate a 62mm stem with NO mouthpiece OR a 45mm body and a mouthpiece. The Ti Woody, Ti Woody S and the Omnivap are all 3.5 inches long.

2. single crown/double crown performance difference?
The double crown reinforces the mp end of the wood stem and will protect it from rubbing against a mp. The Vapcap S models come with a body clad with double crowns because the S model comes with a mp.

Also can you hit them up off a car lighter or does it have to be a stronger heat source?
The cap needs to have heat applied to its sides. A car cigarette lighter would only heat the top of the cap and would not heat the chamber. You don't need a stronger heat source, just a different orientation.

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Thanks for the fast reply, I cannot quote through my mobile browser easily so I am just motoring along with this post.

@Squiby the size differences aside what is the performance aspect of the XL versus standard condenser?

Thanks for clarifying the crowns.

Bummer on the car lighter, was hoping it would do the trick.

Would love feedback on if you could one-hit off these guys.

Squiby

@Squiby the size differences aside what is the performance aspect of the XL versus standard condenser?

I have both and I can't say that I find any difference in performance. The decision between a Vapcap with a regular condenser and one with the XL comes down to preference and hand size IMO.

The regular condenser Vapcaps are more easily concealed in your fist for example. If you prefer to not have a spinning mouthpiece, then get the regular Ti Woody.

If you have large man hands the XL may be easier to twirl while heating.

You could get the regular Ti Woody and if it seems too small then you can buy the XL condenser with mp and swap that out for the regular condenser. Or, just order both and save the extra shipping costs. Then you'll have a 2 for 1. :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Bummer on the car lighter, was hoping it would do the trick.

@Pipes is working 'VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use', it's not a ready to ship solution but might be something you would be interested in if convenience was what you had in mind.

Here is @Andreaerdna take on the concept:

n0lHVBN.jpg

Would love feedback on if you could one-hit off these guys.

Been using my Omni VonG XLS both neat and recently (today) on my MFLB Orbiter and its great as a one hitter. Now I have implemented @Squiby's screen, hemp fiber filter, screen technique so I'm running the Ti Tip at 50% capacity which is probably why I don't have the 2nd or 3rd hit like @Stu.

I haven't played much with the Omni's ability to manipulate the airflow yet, just been enjoying it with the carb hole covered by a slip of rolling paper.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yes, individually purchased tips come equipped with a screen.

Went ahead and ordered! Hopefully everything lands around the same day :)

I chose to forgo an engraving on this one, but if... er... who am I kidding... WHEN I get a nona (after release of course) I'll likely get that engraved.

I wish there was a train emoticon on this thing bc I would be using it so much rn

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Last edited:
Top Bottom