1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Lookatmeglow

Lookatmeglow I seem to have a bad case of VAS

@SSVUN~YAH how many pieces of glass do you own? Each one I have seen is just beautiful.

2. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

Since I know you guys love some good wood. Here's the latest off the lathe.

[​IMG]

3. Lookatmeglow

@Winegums, how did you know I like wood? That's private.

However, your wood looks breathtaking! Do those fit standard Ti Woodie models or omnivap models?

4. Winegums

They will fit standard Ti tips and condensers. I don't have an Omni so I can't comment on that.

5. Lookatmeglow

Are those tapered to fit a 14mm or 18mm female connection? Or are they just very pretty functional mouthpiece/stems?

SSVUN~YAH, FreddieFresh and Squiby like this.
  6. Winegums

These last few were designed to fit a 14mm female and seal very well in the joint. My first pieces did an okay job of it but this batch is much better.

7. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

GORGEOUS!!! Think your lovely wood may have given me a little wood. :D

8. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

And the mighty VapCap Nation marches on! I think there's a way to create a survey on these forums but I don't know how to do it. I was wondering how many of the Vaptized started with the basic OS VapCap and upgraded compared to how many jumped straight in and ordered Omnis, Woodys, DynaStash etc....?

9. TheVaporist

TheVaporist You shall respect the Click

Thanks a lot that means a lot to me!

Thank you for your kind words, I always try to do my best, learn and hope to get better. But I ain't a master, just a humble man, Doisneau, Cartier-Bresson, Hamilton... These are some of the few masters out there :)

Back on topic, I wasn't a fan if the shiny body too, back in July because current modern design is way better, so I had asked George if he can do a sandblasted one, then drill the hexahelis design on it when it's sanded, this add some light in the design and contrast well with the shiny mouthpiece and tip. I don't have to say that I really love it! With the old tip that's my concentrate vapcap :luv:
    Obviously a big thanks to George for being so kind taking all sort of custom demands and wishes :tup:

Thank you man! Always here to show the beauty in this little thing!
    This is a standard ss condenser with a burl mouthpiece. But I would love to see a wood MP with a Ti threaded piece inside for the omnivap. It will add even more customization to the mix!

This piece is mesmerizing, a real elegant piece. Learning and experimenting is the best part of it! The other best part is this little peaceful island called the Dynavap's thread :wave:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  10. Godspeed

Godspeed Member

I have only been partaking in cannabis for a little over a month since I received my medical card, and below are my current instruments. I just received the VapeXhale EVO a few days ago, and while it is a phenomenal unit, I believe it is overkill for a novice like myself who barely uses .025g over the period of an entire day.

In my first attempt at using the EVO, I loaded .025 in the basket and planned to take one inhalation and then remove the basket until later in the day. However, the vapor was so cool and smooth, and there was very little restriction as I inhaled (unlike the Firefly2 or OmniVap), the entire .025g was perfectly vaporized in one shot and my brain was launched into the stratosphere. This was not a pleasurable experience for me.

The Firefly2 works well for microdosing as long as I place a concentration pad on the materiel. Thankfully it has worked perfectly right out of the box but I am not too wild about having to stir after a toke or two, or that I need to utilize an app to change the temperature.

The OmniVap is great and currently my favorite of the three. I have the chamber reduced to 50% and am utilizing the degummed hemp fiber in the remaining 50% of the chamber sandwiched between two titanium screens. It is hands down the most portable and easiest to use. I purchased the Burl DynaStash, but if I am going out, I find that I am using the plastic tube it came in more often. A big thank you to Ms Squiby for the private tutoring on this stellar device!

[​IMG]

11. Chose

Chose Well-Known Member

Wow that's an expensive just over a month you've had
    Fair play
    You have some high end gear there
    I'd like to try the evo and ff2
    But it all gets a bit expensive I have some control of my VAS
    any way welcome to the club

12. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Hey @Godspeed, welcome to the vapcap Bermuda triangle. Those who get drawn into this thread hardly ever make it out so be warned:evil:
    That's quite the fancy setup, I feel so outdated. Back when I was young I didn't even own a pipe till I went to college.:myday:

13. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Great shots again and thanks for posting the settings it's helping me understand my camera a bit more.

Why would you want to leave
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

[​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

vapen00b, needalift, ooo and 30 others like this.
  14. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Love the red stripes, reminds me of a Native American peace pipe

15. Lookatmeglow

You and @Winegums are killing me. Both of you have some amazing looking stems. I didn't expect to want more than a couple vapcaps, but I'm always reconsidering.

16. muunch

muunch zzzzz

Can confirm, this thread is a black hole. :whoa:

17. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

My pleasure. :)

And where would we go? We'd just be trying to get back in...:shrug:

@phattpiggie Another stunner!!! We should have a "Piggie Stem of the Month" club!!! :rockon:

18. Ruta

Ruta Well-Known Member

Holy Moly, i take my eye off this thread for 2 minutes!!!

How nice is the red striped one??????

Nice work my friend :bowdown:

19. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

@phattpiggie killin' it with the slanted sections. Combine that with your amazing twists, and I might explode. lol

20. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

If im using really tiny loads of ground herb (0.008) i set it down inverted so the herbs stay together and dont move around too much when picking it up and lighting it. I use a dual flame and i angle it so the line of flames is running perpendicular to the length of the device. This cooks the load quickly and evenly. I get a few clouds that are bigger than youd think for such a miniscule amount of herb.
    The magnet doesnt hold it very well inverted but it holds just enough to keep it from going anywhere
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 2:41 AM
  21. in8won

in8won Live every day like you are on vacation

I'm curious what a hemp filter screen sandwich looks like. Thanks

Squiby and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  22. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I used to pop a hemp filter into the bottom of the ti tip chamber, on top of the screen. It worked great but bits of bud would tangle up with the filter and my ABV would have to be nudged out by the digger outter. Now I make a sandwich so my bud does not come in contact with the fiber.

A hemp filter screen sandwich consists of a CCD screen placed into the lowest groove of the ti tip, a degummed hemp fiber filter is placed over it with another CCD screen placed on top seated in the middle groove of the ti tip.

The hemp filter can be made with degummed hemp fiber available from Dynavap. You get a huge amount for $5.

Here is some info on making a hemp fiber filter.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

23. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

You guys know that you can turn a VapCap into a volcano don't you?
    Fill the bowl with loose herb, not packed. Heat, take a rip. Now put on magnet, pull before the cool click.
    Wait for it. the click comes, and the crumbs shoot into the air like a real volcano. It's kinda cool. Doc
    Sorry trying to "Wake and Vape" and posted to the wrong thread.:doh:

24. Farid

Farid Well-Known Member

So I used to heat when rotating back and fourth. Now I've gotten the hang of rotating in one direction, and I gotta say I think it works a bit better. I seems to get that 1st heating up to temp better than when I go back and fourth. That said, its much more difficult, and I find I have to focus more so that I don't drop the vc or burn myself. If I have time to sit and focus one direction seems to be ideal, but on the go I'll probably stick with back and fourth.

25. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Lol, the first time I did that, I thought of these toys.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the kind words! PM'd ya.
    Thanks again, sometimes I wonder how good it would look if a professional like yourself took the picture. Keep up the awesome shots!

jimfish4130, Squiby, Prolusio and 7 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors