1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Can you do the same thing with organic cotton or will the cotton combust if its that close to the heat? I have a lifetime supply of organic cotton. RN I have it wedged between the tip and the condenser entrance.
    Putting it where you have your hemp would be better for keeping the tip clean.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM
    Xelatsok and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. copilot

copilot Member

Dynavap is now officially integrated into my regular use items: I like to have lockable custom stash boxes, but of course VAS changes things over time. I like an enano when with company and when there's time, and the dynavap for personal and quick use. I'm planning on sticking with this D020/enano/Dynavap setup for quite awhile so I made a new box. Has spaces for: 3 airtight storage containers, enano and all stems/GonG adapters, D020, grinder, ronson torch, Dynastash, epic and a screw that exactly fits GonG bowl for stirring/packing, 14mm adapter, and Dynavap tube. It's just cut foam layers in a lockable ammo box with a rubber seal.

I only left room for the possibility of one more dynavap tube (the empty space) as I might get another - but it's a hard limit of 1 now!

[​IMG]

blackstone, krom, VapCap and 25 others like this.
  3. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

wow, now I know where to find a vapcap after the nuclear holocaust:razz:

Squiby, Godspeed, jimfish4130 and 9 others like this.
  4. jimfish4130

jimfish4130 Well-Known Member

POPCORN!

5. ClearBlueLou

ClearBlueLou unbearably light in the being....

That's quite a buzzbomb you have there!

I agree with your aversion to solvents as a class, but ethanol evaporates cleanly, is safe for consumption, and you can also rinse your grinder and your container(s) in the same wash, as well, too - and "improve your score" @ reclaim - then just evaporate, needn't be elaborate at all

Ethanol & concentrate/reclaim can do one trix: once it's thick, blend in your kif, & add fresh-ground bud to 'soak up' all the resin until you have a well-mixed, friable mass ('comes apart easily'). Pick your music, get comfortable, and....

6. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I see no reason why you couldn't. I've not tried it but I have read of others that have used organic cotton in the chamber as a bed for concentrates etc. I'm sure if would work just as well as a filter.

Enjoy!!!:wave:

7. sixstringsmash

sixstringsmash Well-Known Member

I posted this in Phatpiggies Wood Shed but since I figure this is directly Vapcap related I should post here too. Just received the latest @phattpiggie special this evening. This one is a beaut! A vintage cigarette holder dating back to 1919 which was modified and revived into a vapcap stem. No carb? No problem!
    [​IMG]

8. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

9. almost there

Aaaahh......the very image of luxury:drool:. All u need now is a vintage hand cranked record player and a martini for a little Great Gatsby action:D

muunch, nickdanger, Mr. Me2 and 7 others like this.
  10. ArthurJ

11. stark1

stark1 The reel deel

In my very short VapCap wish list:

I wish VapCap would offer a shirt pocket clip;
    this would provide a super secure, super portable way to transport one's EDC essential. A signature essential. :nod:

12. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Regard to stealthness I would go a step further. A cap-on-the-cap solution. A pencil holder/ extender with clip to place on the VC cap.

13. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

unfortunately the one problem with the VC and my rituals is no loud music whilst enjoying.. haha oooops

14. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

This!
    A metal storage tube with a pocket clip is definitely on top of my Dynavap wish list. I also think that with the new machining equipment it should be a doable thing for the @VapCap crew!

15. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Great idea!

To take it a step further, make them in various widths (to also accommodate the vong) and lengths (to also accommodate @phattpiggie stems).

16. stark1

stark1 The reel deel

Seems like a capital idea. TO stretch your thoughts further, why not customize the containers, Batman!

The flowering of VC accessories.

FreddieFresh, snamuh, Squiby and 3 others like this.
  17. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

True dat! I knew there was something missing.... :rockon: but I also have a DaVinci Ascent :D

jimfish4130 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  18. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Give it some time and you will anticipate the click, you may even feel it.

Doing my bit for UK/EU relations, is it Belgium or Germany.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. uhranium

uhranium Well-Known Member

/\
    |
    |
    german flag (post #420!)

Don't know what the f is wrong, but the carbhole doesn't work proper anymore. I draw with the hole open and it acts like it is almost closed. Also the little screen in the tube got loose, no idea how fastened this should actually be.

blackstone, Kozzmozz, snamuh and 2 others like this.
  20. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The click creates a slight vibration that reverberates down the body. Try heating it empty a few times with loud music or with ear plugs and focus on feeling the click if you don't feel it try adjusting your grip; tighter, loser. Once you can feel it you'll always be able to feel it.

21. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@uhranium Uni oder Omni?

I'd take it all to bits, clean and re-assemble. If the CCD is out of shape then you can push or lightly hammer it back flat.

Check the X ring placement if the Uni. One at the MP end of the sleeve and the other on the MP side of the carb.

22. jay87

jay87 Well-Known Member

Check your o-rings on the condenser.

I had a time where my carb acted as if it was always sealed even when I had my finger off it.

It turns out one of my o-rings on the condenser was in the perfect position to block the carb hole, once I reset my o-rings everything worked like normal.

I actually have been trying to recreate this as it reminded me somewhat of a "ghetto omnivap" :lol:

23. almost there

I don't know how long you've had your VC but I've only been a proud owner for less than 2 months so I'm still pretty green. In the beginning I've always paid very careful attention to listening for the clicks but in later weeks I've gotten very use to just feeling for the click. If you pay attention you can feel the sharp vibration when it clicks, I use a XLS so perhaps the added length makes the click resonate stronger? Anyway I use my VC very often with my headphones on and it hasn't been a problem, if I combust it's bc I was daydreaming:zzz:. Give it a try :tup:

24. stark1

stark1 The reel deel

:brow:

A vibrator in my VapCap? :brow: A hummer. YAS!

25. ArthurJ

My phattpiggie stems arrived today, so I'm heading home to play!

Chose, Squiby, Joaon and 6 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors