syrupy

Authorized Buyer
vZOGp6k.jpg

So you had to ream the hole a little to get the tube's cap to fit? I have a little amber glass bottle that fits width-wise, but is too deep. :(

syrupy,
Reactions: lookhigh

natural farmer

Tips for extracting quicker without combusting? After three cycles with just a couple specs in the bowl I still have a little green left and it takes another 3 after that to turn light brown. I've gotten over 9 cycles back to back on my past few bowls before the material is dark and fully extracted, even though I'm warming the cap pretty far from the tip and closer to the body

From my experience a single torch, while taking a few seconds longer to click the cap, allows for better heat soaking of the load than a triple one and gives much bigger hits. I can't imagine doing more than 5-6 cycles even with the most resinous flowers, although usually, cause I like high temp hits, I heat a sec more after the click and get 3 cycles tops.
And contrary to what I read from a fellow member, I don't have to move the flame up and down, I just keep it at an angle with the flame pointing towards the tip of the cap, light part of the flame touching about below the centre of it and rotate slowly. With a big-ish flame it doesn't take more than 6-7 secs to get there. Giving an angle to the flame, instead of hitting it perpendicularly allows for more uniform heating in my experience. :tup:

lookhigh

FC member
@lookhigh, where did you get the tube? All the ones I've found so far are too big to fit in the stash slot.
These are too big as well, not too hard to make em fit.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110881738523?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yeah, I'd love to know. Having both a scent-proof herb chamber and the container on the Dynastash ER would be great for conceal-ability.

That wood looks amazing too! Like charcoal, but not yet charred.

Leopard wood

That tube is what I have been asking for a long time, where did you got it? I just got my amazing Dynastash today and would love to have a tube (if it was glass that would be amazing) that fits in the dynastash to put my weed in!! It's so useful, perfect size to just grab it and dump it in your pocket with a lighter and you're set! Love my Omnivap and the Dynastash is his perfect partner in crime :science:

PS: Will upload some pictures tomorrow, almost 00:00 here in UK and the pictures won't do justice to this beautiful piece of art ...

Not glass acrylic i think.

So you had to ream the hole a little to get the tube's cap to fit? I have a little amber glass bottle that fits width-wise, but is too deep. :(

I had to go deeper and wider, surprising how much more depth one can create.

Baron23

Tips for extracting quicker without combusting? After three cycles with just a couple specs in the bowl I still have a little green left and it takes another 3 after that to turn light brown. I've gotten over 9 cycles back to back on my past few bowls before the material is dark and fully extracted, even though I'm warming the cap pretty far from the tip and closer to the body
Wow, there is no way I get any more than 4 heat cycles out of a load. Not sure how you get 9!

Question, have you counted off the seconds between starting to heat and the click? On the first cycle its been fairly steady for me at about 3 seconds on the first cycle then about 2 seconds on subsequent cycles started pretty much right after the cool down hit.

If you are in this ball park on seconds of heating time and if you herb is reasonably dry and ready to vape, then I just can't see how you get 9 cycles out of a load with the triple flame lighter.

Let us know, eh?

Cheers

jrcmang

I have not but wouldn't that just make you wait until it's cool again before loading? And I start out kinda far but get pretty close to letting it almost touch. I'm using the triple torch that george sells

I've noticed that the triple torch that George sells doesn't seem to heat as well as other torches I have. When using it, my ABV would always come out lighter even when going 2-3 seconds past the clicks and pushing more heating cycles. My standard torch is a 3 flame scorch torch I ordered off amazon. Its a little different than the Vertigo torch George sells in that it's flame shape is more like a triangle compared to the single row 3 flame. With the TI I get 4-5 heating cycles and the glass 5-6. My ABV is pretty dark brown...fully extracted IMO. I have noticed a few strains being able to push an extra cycle out of but that is an exception.

Edit...I really need to drive the point home that my ABV is really dark. I could easily get by on 3-4 heating cylces but I really like pushing things. I just love dumping out a spent cap load and everything is evenly dark brown. Like coffee grounds. That might be too much for some people though. I have a friend who picked up a vapcap and he prefers his ABV on the light side. Like tan looking and he usually gets 4 cycles on his OG.

Anyways, try cranking the flame up on the vertigo torch and go past the clicks on all cycles. I was able to achieve darker abv this way but I still much prefer my other triple flame torch. The vertigo just sits at the back of my drawer right now as a backup. Below is the link on amazon for my preferred torch.

https://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch...sr=8-5&keywords=scorch+torch+triple+jet+flame

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

I get 2-4 out of the hash I've been using in my vapcap s. Most typically 3 though. And only 1-2 hits per temp cycle. Sometimes one long hit is enough to click it back down. Though the fact that I'm using hash & my use of SS mesh & screens as a spacer probably affects times & temps significantly.

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: Squiby

Dynalowrider

Ok, I have a question folks. How do you keep the VapCap the correct distance from the flame? Do you just hold them with your elbows just flopping in the air? Want to go to the same spot in the flame every time?
My Vector-KGM Pyramid lighter has a cup flame guard. It has a notch next to the triple torch to prelight a cigar. My Omni has a double crown stem. I set the crown nearest the ty-tip on/in the notch. The angle I hold it in determines how close to the flame the VapCap is. I can hit the sweet spot every time. The cup helps to hear the heat-click.
I'm not trying to sell anybody on this lighter, just how convenient it is.
Once you use this lighter you will never go back to a Vertigo, or any other heat source. You will swear this thing was designed for the VapCap, or the VapCap was designed for the Pyramid. Doc

jrcmang

Ok, I have a question folks. How do you keep the VapCap the correct distance from the flame? Do you just hold them with your elbows just flopping in the air? Want to go to the same spot in the flame every time?
My Vector-KGM Pyramid lighter has a cup flame guard. It has a notch next to the triple torch to prelight a cigar. My Omni has a double crown stem. I set the crown nearest the ty-tip on/in the notch. The angle I hold it in determines how close to the flame the VapCap is. I can hit the sweet spot every time. The cup helps to hear the heat-click.
Once you use this lighter you will never go back to a Vertigo, or any other heat source. You will swear this thing was designed for the VapCap, or the VapCap was designed for the Pyramid. Doc

Fuck...I'm ordering one of these! I've seen your recs a few times and I always forget about this. My damn TAS strikes again. I just counted 10 different torches in my drawer! I swear this is the last torch I'm buying...lol.

Edit...just ordered through lightersdirect.com. I tried ordering through Vector's website but I was getting an issue with unsecured connection at checkout. So I googled around and found lighters direct. Even better they have paypal. Just heads up if anyone tries to order directly from Vector.

Last edited:

jimfish4130

I hold my omni in my left hand with my ring finger on the mp, my middle finger of my right hand touches the second knuckle on my ring finger to keep the cap the same distance from the flame, even when I'm walking (unless wind comes into play)

I might not be explaining it that well but it's consistent and doesn't feel clumsy to me

Dynalowrider

Scroll down on that page to the Pyramid. I'm talking functional not pretty. The Pyramid is a table lighter, not a pocket lighter. Has a larger tank. A large sight glass.
What do you need a cigar punch for? The poker once in a blue moon.
Too hot, use a heat-sink between rips it won't let the ty tip cool off between rips.

Kalessin

Hard to explain, but I just stick a finger out from the hand holding the lighter and brace it against the hand holding the vapcap

@Ratchett any news on the leather vapcap case? Been so dissatisfied using my spare GH case to carry mine since I saw it

Squiby

I hold my left arm comfortably by my side, my elbow at a right angle. I hold the VC between my thumb and index/middle fingers. My ring and little fingers sort of cradle the mp while I twirl the VC with my Thumb and index /middle fingers.

While twirling the VC in my left hand, I apply a jet lighter to the lower half of the cap with my right hand.

A Very calm and ZEN like movement. One of my most favourite aspects of the Vapcap ritual.

Herbo

Hey everybody I wanna know something before I purchase the Ti Burly. How does one remove the part that you heat up to see the herb chamber? Is the stash case magnet a necessity?

Herbo,

Bad Ocelot

I only have a single torch at the moment, got a triple & dynastash in route though :tup: But with the single torch I do some slight horizontal wavering so it's not just one narrow band of the cap getting the heat, and roll back & forth between thumb & forefinger to rotate. Ya know, like a crack pipe :lmao:

Squiby

How does one remove the part that you heat up to see the herb chamber?

The herb chamber is part of the Ti Tip. It attaches to the midsection (body, stem, straight or VonG) by the body simultaneously fitting over the end of the tip as the condenser slips up into it. The cap slides over the bowl section of the Ti tip. It is a friction fit. If it is too loose and slides off easily, pinch the body of the cap slightly to take it out of round and it will fit a bit tighter.

If you wait a few seconds after hearing the cooling click the cap will have cooled enough to gently pull off with your fingers and expose the herb chamber. You can rapidly cool the cap by blowing on it, placing it on the Stash magnet or some other piece of metal.

If you want to remove the cap while still hot, use the stash magnet, invert and pull off the cap or protect your fingers with a bit of material like cotton and pull it off with your fingers.

This is an exploded view of a Cocobolo Ti Woody. Cap, Ti tip, stem and regular condenser.
Hr9jdo9m.jpg

Is the stash case magnet a necessity?

I bought my first Dynastash as a luxury item. I have since come to appreciate its simple functionality, the discrete petite presentation and classy looks.

It stashes your herb, two choices if you get the DynastashER and three choices if you get a DynastashER2. It's nice to have a bit with you at the ready. There seems to be no discernable odor from the stash. It houses a Vapcap. It is very handy a convenient. It tiny measuring at around 2" x 4" x 3/4".

The magnet is handy to hold the Vapcap upright while in use so it doesn't roll around. It can also pull the cap off and the stash can be tucked away by sticking the stash magnet onto something like a fringe or table hardware etc.

I thought that the Dynastash would be a luxury item but now I think that everyone who uses a Vapcap should have at least one whether you plan to take it out and about or just want an unobtrusive storage device for your endtable.

Herbo

The herb chamber is part of the Ti Tip. It attaches to the midsection (body, stem, straight or VonG) by the body simultaneously fitting over the end of the tip as the condenser slips up into it. The cap slides over the bowl section of the Ti tip. It is a friction fit. If it is too loose and slides off easily, pinch the body of the cap slightly to take it out of round and it will fit a bit tighter.

If you wait a few seconds after hearing the cooling click the cap will have cooled enough to gently pull off with your fingers and expose the herb chamber. You can rapidly cool the cap by blowing on it, placing it on the Stash magnet or some other piece of metal.

If you want to remove the cap while still hot, use the stash magnet, invert and pull off the cap or protect your fingers with a bit of material like cotton and pull it off with your fingers.

This is an exploded view of a Cocobolo Ti Woody. Cap, Ti tip, stem and regular condenser.
Hr9jdo9m.jpg

I bought my first Dynastash as a luxury item. I have since come to appreciate its simple functionality, the discrete petite presentation and classy looks.

It stashes your herb, two choices if you get the DynastashER and three choices if you get a DynastashER2. It's nice to have a bit with you at the ready. There seems to be no discernable odor from the stash. It houses a Vapcap. It is very handy a convenient. It tiny measuring at around 2" x 4" x 3/4".

The magnet is handy to hold the Vapcap upright while in use so it doesn't roll around. It can also pull the cap off and the stash can be tucked away by sticking the stash magnet onto something like a fringe or table hardware etc.

I thought that the Dynastash would be a luxury item but now I think that everyone who uses a Vapcap should have at least one whether you plan to take it out and about or just want an unobtrusive storage device for your endtable.
Thank you so much for the in-depth response! It is extremely appreciated. :)
How much herb can you fit in a regular dynastash in your opinion?

Herbo,
Top Bottom