syrupy

Authorized Buyer
My OG VC came in the mail yesterday, and after some extensive testing, my review can be summed up by the word... WOW. I'm amazed at how well this vape works, considering how simple the design is. High functioning + simplicity = magic.

For the small size of the bowl, it extracts very evenly. I can get about 4 good hits off a bowl.

The heatup/cooldown clicks are really cool and useful. Even when I have music up loud, I can feel the click in my hand. How it's able to click when reaching proper temperature, then click again when cool enough to re-heat is beyond my comprehension. Is that one mechanism, or are there two sensors at work? Again, no idea. That there is redundancy on both heat and cooldown clicks is pretty awesome too. And there's no electronics involved? This is steampunk technology...

The Dynastash I ordered with the OG is gorgeous and useful too. I thought it was going to be just for show, but it's a handy place to put the VC. The "At Attention!" magnet is super helpful for keeping the hot cap away from anything that could burn.

More testing will be done, but I do have a couple of questions.

The "carb". If I fully cover the carb hole, the VC is fully restricted. And I do mean fully. No air intake. If I partially cover the hole, it works fine to regulate air flow. Is this by design, or might I have the condensor/body/mouthpiece put together a little wrong?

The included "fishnet stocking" looks very nice, but when I use it, it eliminates my ability to use the carb. Is that just the way it is?

My cap is a bit loose on the body. Twice, it fell off while using, which is a drag because the cap is too hot to pick up off the floor. Is this normal for the design? Is there anything I can do to tighten the cap on the body?

I'm not getting huge vapor production, though it is medicating. I can get a little more vapor by heating for a second or two past the click, but is there anything else I can do to thicken up the vapor?

I thought I read that the silicon OG mp can be put in a 14mm joint for use with water tool. Is that correct? My mp is a good couple of millimeters shy of fitting 14mm. I guess that's what the Vong is for?

I'm using a triple torch, and I can barely get the VC rotated once around before the click. Maybe 3 seconds till click. Does that sound about right?

The instructions say it's safe to use ISO to clean, but they don't recommend it. Why is that?

That's it for the moment... now back to testing! :science:

pg9rv6M.jpg

Edit: One thing I've noticed that's unusual with the VC is the flavor. Many vapes give good vapor the first hit or two, but the dynavap seems to retain flavor throughout. I may be hallucinating because I've never experienced that before. Usually I can tell when a bowl is done by the taste, but it seems the VC just keeps the flavor intact even while the entire load is finished.

herbalist33

Hi all!

As some of you guys might know from over in the Piggie Shed, @phattpiggie has been turning out some beautiful wooden delights which I highly recommend you guys check out!

One of the pieces happens to be an Omnivap sleeve with a barley twist worked into it, and PhatPiggie very kindly sent it out to me so I could be a good little PhatGuineaPiggie and put it through its paces! I thought you guys might like a peak:

7XogS96.jpeg

MzD1019.jpeg

5RgZxPU.jpeg

It functions great, and feels awesome in the hand, especially when heating the omni whilst twirling it!

If you like the look of this barley twist, you should see the wand PhatPiggie posted up a couple days ago!

Peace

Baron23

The "carb". If I fully cover the carb hole, the VC is fully restricted. And I do mean fully. No air intake. If I partially cover the hole, it works fine to regulate air flow. Is this by design, or might I have the condensor/body/mouthpiece put together a little wrong?

Easy to find out on the OG....just pull the mouthpiece off...chances are the condenser will come out with it. you will see that there is only one o-ring on the condenser and it is all the way at the mouthpiece end. If you are assembled in this manner, then you are assembled correctly.

The included "fishnet stocking" looks very nice, but when I use it, it eliminates my ability to use the carb. Is that just the way it is?

I'm pretty sure that this is only protection for when shipping and not intended to remain in place during use.

My cap is a bit loose on the body. Twice, it fell off while using, which is a drag because the cap is too hot to pick up off the floor. Is this normal for the design? Is there anything I can do to tighten the cap on the body?

you can squeeze the cap a bit to get it slightly out of round. Note the word slightly. This will help it hold on. I have been told that the caps will tighten up a bit after use but I have not observed this myself. Just flatten out the cap a bit at the open end and it will stay on there.

'm using a triple torch, and I can barely get the VC rotated once around before the click. Maybe 3 seconds till click. Does that sound about right?

3 seconds is exactly what I count up to and if I don't get the click (or don't hear it/feel it) then I stop at that point. 3 seconds on the first heat cycle (measured as "one-one-thousand, etc) and 2 seconds on the second and third if I heat again right after the cool down click.

The instructions say it's safe to use ISO to clean, but they don't recommend it. Why is that?

Beats me...I used ISO on the glass parts and the Ti screen with no problem. I wipe the o-ring with ISO but do not soak it. Perhaps their lawyer made them put that in there for the wee dense ones amongst us who might try to put fire to an OG before all of the ISO has evaporated? LOL

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@StormyPinkness any reason that Blackwood Vong is mounted backwards in the pics? Looks like the tapered part is towards the heating end:hmm: Looks good and all for sure but it may work better the other way around. :brow: I've been known to be wrong though

alltoreup,
Reactions: stark1

Squiby

The Dynastash I ordered with the OG is gorgeous and useful too. I thought it was going to be just for show, but it's a handy place to put the VC.

I ordered my first Dynastash as almost an afterthought. I too was surprised at just how handy, attractive and functional they are. It's an herb stash, VC storage, has a magnet to hold the VC as well as to stick the Dynastash to side of something or under a table. I have my Dynastash stuck to the back of a cast iron lamp sitting on my porch. Very stealthy, very handy. I'm thinking of getting a DynastashER2 next with the two concentrate containers like @Quint 's. I'm thinking I could stash two strains plus a compartment for ABV.

06iYjwW.jpg

I'm not getting huge vapor production, though it is medicating. I can get a little more vapor by heating for a second or two past the click, but is there anything else I can do to thicken up the vapor?
I'm using a triple torch, and I can barely get the VC rotated once around before the click. Maybe 3 seconds till click. Does that sound about right?

You can regulate the bowl temperature and the vapor produced. The number of jets, flame length, distance to the Vapcap and where you heat the cap all affect bowl temps.

For a triple or quad jet lighter, I adjust the inner blue flame to no more than 3/4" long. Bring the blue flame almost to the bottom of the cap near the digger outter, while you twirl the VC. This will heat the bowl to a higher temp and produce a thicker vapor. The clicking disks are inside the top of the cap. The closer to the top you apply heat, the cooler the bowl temps and the faster the cap clicks. After the first cycle of heating the bottom half of the cap, I heat closer to the top for the second and third cycle.

Someone, and I can't remember who, posted a few months ago that they had asked George about this and that he said that it was a precautionary measure to guard against someone cleaning the VC with ISO without rinsing with water or drying and then assembling and lighting up... bad idea... :doh:

5RgZxPU.jpeg

That Barley Twist is stunning! I love it! @phattpiggie your work as always is beautiful!

I got my xl bocote dynastash, and blackwood vong body a day or two ago. It's all beautiful and well built

I am really liking the tactile feel of the 14mm VonGs. Smooth as satin with a girth that feels substantial and sturdy in the hand yet still tiny and stealthy. I think I like the VonG body profile over the straight bodies for both looks and versatility. Plus they have the whole water tool functionality going on. Great body!

VaporChase

@syrupy Like Baron23 mentioned about the cap being too loose, just squeeze that bad boy a little until it's how you want it. I had the same problem and found the same advice and squeezed mine a little. Stays on just fine now. Don't squeeze the hell out of it, but you can't just feather it either. Just enough to alter the shape a little.

About the clouds, I'm sure more people can chime in, but I've found that I get the biggest clouds after ripping up a slightly toasted nug and putting that back in the chamber. So I load a mini-nug, go through a cycle or two, take it out and shred it, then put it all back in. That cycle gives me surprisingly big clouds. I vape indoors and I have to be semi-conscious about odors, and when I exhale these big clouds I'm always a little alarmed at the amount.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
The VapCap is all about simplicity....no batteries, etc...I urge folks to stop grinding...much easier. And pull the screen....much easier to use and to clean. No need for it if you don't grind! Simply run a pipe cleaner through the system and done! Hemp fiber can still be used.

Teaming,

gardenerjeff

VaporChase

That's good advice. Can't speak for others, but when I said shred, I meant with my fingers. I just didn't want to say rip it apart because I try to keep it gentle on the material. Seems like major overkill to take a nug small enough to fit in an OG chamber and put that into a grinder.

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Just placed my order for a Ti Woody in cocobolo and a paduak Dynastash!!

So excited, been reading thru this thread with purpose the past few days when I found out about the Vapcap. I really enjoy my lotus but it is a bit difficult out and about. I was looking for a potent new vape and so stoked to add this bad boy to the family :rockon:

herbivore21

I just got the technique dialled in for flowers. I'm impressed! The Omnivap tastes so much better than my previous butane vapes, finishes a very full load in 3 hits and the flavor remains consistently throughout the load (but does get a little harsh on the last heat cycle - big clouds here though!).

I respect the clicks and don't push a bowl past 3 heat cycles. Using a medium grind and I have the airflow at a pretty tight restriction. That seems to be all that is necessary and I haven't combusted at all doing this! :D

I wonder if this is gonna end up being my flower driver (not that I use a lot of flower, maybe 1g a day)?

Alexis

Howdy all. I got it wrong, my Dynavap order didnt ship on tuesday it shipped earlier today.
So i think it must be the D202 bubbler I ordered from dhgate that I got the email notification about from EveryoneDoesIt on tuesday, just a coincidence. Either that or I dont know what, I guess dhgate and EveryoneDoesIt must work together somehow, I ordered the bubbler from sunshinestore though so a bit strange.
It comes from China, but the UPS tracking I was emailed said it was in the US on Tuesday, and UK post office by Wednesday, no info for before that so a coincidence that I ordered from Dynavap on the Monday.

Unless it is some other mystery package? I wonder, cod liver oil or a Lambourghini Countash I forgot I ordered?

I am very interested to see how the vapcaps will work for me with my allergies etc. They are so different from what I am used to. I used a large vardamper for 6 years and now the herborizer, both desktops that take massive loads and deliver huge hits.

Due to my allergies including weed, I normally only vaporize 2, or max 3 times per day, aiming to get a very strong buzz and not need more for many hours, as I must manage allergy symptoms every time I eat or vaporize.

I have never gotten into portables at all for this reason, except temporarily the magic flight, to no avail.

The verdamper suited my needs well in this respect, I could use it just twice a day, taking 5 to 10 effortless huge hits both times, and be good 24/7.
But the verdamper was very brutal on my sensitive lungs. So the vapcap is a totally different experience and way of getting high/medicating. I wanted a change, a variation to the herborizer

What I like about it is the interaction, the involvement in the ritual. That makes it more spontaneous, in the moment, fluid, and not preordained.
Whereas the verdamper and herborizer are very passive, huge hits on demand, just inhale. No interaction except stirring a bit. Finger twiddling and time to think (not always good).

And there is always the obligation to go back stright away, as a large amount of vapor is always left behind in the glass after each toke, which will condensate if you take your time. And the fact that it is switched on, so you have to always subconsciously decide if you have had enough, how much more do you want? A bit more, if so how much? Shall I have "X" amount now and then unplug it, or have a half hour break? Leave it switched on, turn it off yet? Etc.

So I like the difference with vapcaps here, you are literally in the moment the whole time, making it up as you go along, no obligation to do anything until the moment you decide to do it, no "contract"!

I hope that makes sense. Still I cant quite anticipate how the vapcap will work for me routine and allergy wise. Microdosing just wont ever work for me unless there is no adverse resction each time.
Say if I wanted to get pretty stoned quite quickly, then be content for a few hours, I hope it would be quite easy and quick to, say, vape 2 packed bowls with 3 heat cycles each, 2 to 3 hits each cycle. So 12 to 15 hits, which hopefully could be done quite quickly when desired.

But i also hope the vapcap (and omni) will actually be less aggravating to my lungs and easier to use over an extended period without such a great need to manage respiratory symptoms to bring relief to enjoy the buzz.

Before the verdamper came in 2009, I got an original "master blaster" in 1999, and a "vapureyes" years later.
They were rubbish really, very weak and insuffucuent without smoke too. And took unenjoyable time and work to vape just 0.2.

However, when I came across the verdamper I thought "great, now I can just blast a 0.4 load in no time,,and still be comfortable with my chest like my crap vaporizers, but way more canned."

But when I actually tried the verdamper for the first time, I was really shocked how bad it made my chest every time.

So my hope is that the vapcap/omni will actually be much easier to tolerate respiratory wise like the master blaster /vapureyes, but far more sufficient effect wise. The quick extraction should ensure this, those models are very slow extractors.

ps, having already ordered, I am reading this journey from the beginning, and posting at the end. Like 2 people sharing spaghetti eventually meet in the middle!

Last edited:

Jaydubya710

Fucking fuck... so yesterday I was sitting in the parking lot at work Standing by the drivers side door enjoying a beverage before I clocked in. Heard a screech and turned around to see a car over the curb coming right at me at a high rate of speed. Caught a glimpse of the driver slumped back in his seat. Got myself out of the way just in time. Car smashed my truck all to shit. 2500 diesel truck and it spun a full 90 degrees from the impact. Ran over to check on the driver, who was having a seizure, got his car in park and shut off and made sure he was still. Ems and cops showed up quickly, wrecker got my truck and the car, driver was taken to the hospital. My truck was taken to the tow yard, and as happens in situations like this I left my lunch bag in my truck. Yea you can probably guess where this is going. My Ti burly was in my lunchbag, packed. Went in this morning to check out the damage and retrieve a few items, and my fucking Vapcap is gone. I mean it's shitty enough that someone took it out of my truck, even more shitty that the guy who stole it probably has no clue what it is. Now my burly is lost and likely being used as a very expensive combustion one hitter. Honestly I'm more upset about my Burly than the truck.... I mean I still have my og and my girls short burly, but it's not the same. Sigh rant over.

Bad Ocelot

MKow1zS.jpg
06iYjwW.jpg

Titanium coils taste significantly better than SS. I've gone through probably 25 different screen/mesh/wire/ceramic designs and this is the one I'm sticking with.

I use one of those domed titanium screens as a spacer below the coil, dome facing up. This allows for the best airflow possible. I've shortened the coil a bit by smashing it down more so this picture isn't exactly up to date. There's probably 1-2mm between the rim of the bowl and the coil. I also shoved a ceramic rod from a w9tech cart in the middle and load on top of that. I generally load about the size of a grain of rice then melt it in. The clouds are just as good as hemp, and the flavor is incredible(8/10). I generally only use stable shatter and I've had zero leaks using this method. I've put about 10g through this coil and it's still going strong.

Awesome setup there! I assume that's the herc titanium donut screen from w9 there? And might I inquire where you got the black piece there? Definitely gonna upgrade my setup to something similar to this.

collegeKid101

Wow I didn't realize just how much this thing could give from so little. It was literally three specs, like enough that I would just wipe it to the floor if I spilled that amount when moving material from my grinder to a container. I got about 9 heat cycles from it, 1-3 hits each, and at first I barely felt anything. Then just like that BOOM to the moon I go!

It is ridiculous how little I used, and it all vaped super evenly, I took it to very dark brown, didn't even save it because there was so little in there and it was all very dark (no combustion though). George really has made something amaxing here and I'm definitely a believer. Carbon omni FTW:rockon:

Quint

Awesome setup there! I assume that's the herc titanium donut screen from w9 there? And might I inquire where you got the black piece there? Definitely gonna upgrade my setup to something similar to this.
Thank you! Both of them are w9tech herc coils actually. The one that appears black was just quickly torched/saturated in oil, the picture made it look a lot darker than it was. They're relatively easy to work into shape using some pliers.

Top Bottom