DorianGray

Anyone tried a bigger torch as the one below with the vapcap? is it overkill?

517RF7MBenL._SL1000_.jpg

DorianGray,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Does anyone else have a smokey taste to thier vapcap ive combusted several times in my vapcap buti just soaked my condenser and ti bowl in iso with screen still in and after that i blasted it with my torch and it i still have a smokey tast

It happens to me to have wasted first model of black mouthpiece with some burning. Ended throwing it away (my VapCap first uses :) )

Andreaerdna,

little maggie

Some of you have short bodies. George has the vong's posted. Do you have regular stems with a short body as well?
I'm thinking of getting a 14mm short body but I am having problems with changing bodies. Can someone with the short body show pictures of the components and how you assemble it?

jimfish4130

Omnivap came in the post today, just giving it a dry run then I'll use it for my first hit of the day.

Got some spare OG bodies, has anyone had one with the new thin metal screens rather than ceramic? Looks like it would let less crumbs through to the other side.

My leopardwood dynastashER is beautiful, as is my omni.

A massive thanks to @VapCap and Matt, I'll report back soon

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Anyone tried a bigger torch as the one below with the vapcap? is it overkill?

517RF7MBenL._SL1000_.jpg

YES IT IS OVERKILL! I have this exact torch and I first combusted with it. When I relegated it to torching the tip of my OG it *fucking melted the glass*, and it didn't take much time. It didn't deform enough to effect use (it oddly may have even helped get more air in), but yeah. Don't use that Blazer Big Shot GT-8000, IMO.

buckhakeesah

22 and a tiny hole in the middle, kind of like an asterisk, they're slightly domed too
Ah! It's out in the wild now! That's the new screen for the OG from what I understand. It snap in and out of the OG with ease and looks very easy to clean. I haven't had a chance to try my OG yet. If you do let us know how you like it.

Yesterday, I tried some concentrate as others have shared here and wow! I like using my omni with hemp fiber way more than my Alpha Centauri V4 that I had been using as my portable for oil. Very nice!

Quint

I've been very apprehensive about posting this, if you have any questions please do your own research.

So the first few times I removed my Omni mouthpiece I managed to get the piece really overly tight. As titanium is prune to galling I figured I might as well use a lubricant to help prevent the pieces from ever getting stuck again. Christo lube mcg 111 would be that lubricant. I'm using it on both the orings and threading portion of the mouthpiece only. Not on the titanium tip orings, although technically it would still probably be fine but I wouldn't recommend it myself. Its safe for use with oxygen equipment for diving, and stable up to 450f or so. Also its a lubricant that's actually used for titanium so it's the perfect choice.

Anyways now my mouthpiece spins beautifully, the threading is really quite perfect. The machining on the mouthpiece is flawless as well.

When applying it, I removed the orings and applied a very small amount in the oring slot under where the orings sit. Then just a small amount to the threading with my finger. Then I just cleaned up any excess on the orings. This is for use with my titanium body only. I really have no idea how the lube interacts with wood, it may cause it to swell so be careful how you use it.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Today I got an envelope thru the door I wasn't expecting to see for at least another week or so.
Many, many thanks to @Squiby for posting me these overseas for me.
adTKYs5m.jpg

Out with the old which was already in 2 bits
aJ6OvLUm.jpg
7J9Jz7zm.jpg

I only used one clip to hold both the Ti and SS mesh in place.

Here is one dropped in the bowl of my 5 fin tip as an example to show just how well they fit.
aK1eBw8m.jpg

I'd better run a couple of bowls just to make sure they work.

The fact that someone went out of their way to do this for me is a reflection of the whole VapCap experience. Fanfukintastic.
Great product, great CS and a great vibe from the VC community.
Again many thanks Squiby.

herbalist33

Today I got an envelope thru the door I wasn't expecting to see for at least another week or so.
Many, many thanks to @Squiby for posting me these overseas for me.
adTKYs5m.jpg

Out with the old which was already in 2 bits
aJ6OvLUm.jpg
7J9Jz7zm.jpg

I only used one clip to hold both the Ti and SS mesh in place.

Here is one dropped in the bowl of my 5 fin tip as an example to show just how well they fit.
aK1eBw8m.jpg

I'd better run a couple of bowls just to make sure they work.

The fact that someone went out of their way to do this for me is a reflection of the whole VapCap experience. Fanfukintastic.
Great product, great CS and a great vibe from the VC community.
Again many thanks Squiby.

Brilliant! I should hopefully be expecting a similar package 2moro or mon... Wasn't expecting it that quick! I can't wait to try out these screens- I havnt cleaned any of my screens ever on my vapcaps.

@Squiby you rock!! Thanks a lot!

Ps. any other uk Vapcapists want a ti screen, il prob have one spare!

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I've had my ti screen in mine for about 2 weeks now and love it. I've popped it out and cleaned it once already and it was nice not worrying about breaking it like I did when I removed the ceramic one. I highly recommend the ti screens as a cheap replacement/upgrade.

jimfish4130

Brilliant! I should hopefully be expecting a similar package 2moro or mon... Wasn't expecting it that quick! I can't wait to try out these screens- I havnt cleaned any of my screens ever on my vapcaps.

@Squiby you rock!! Thanks a lot!

Ps. any other uk Vapcapists want a ti screen, il prob have one spare!
Could I take you up on the offer? Just had an idiot moment and snapped my ceramic screen while I was adding ss mesh. Took the screen out and saw it was a little warped, forgot for a sec that ceramic is brittle and tried to push it into the desk with my thumb to flatten it..

Luckily it's in 2 pieces and the mesh helps hold it together, man I feel like an idiot

herbalist33

Could I take you up on the offer? Just had an idiot moment and snapped my ceramic screen while I was adding ss mesh. Took the screen out and saw it was a little warped, forgot for a sec that ceramic is brittle and tried to push it into the desk with my thumb to flatten it..

Luckily it's in 2 pieces and the mesh helps hold it together, man I feel like an idiot

Sure thing mate, you're in the UK right? Pm your address and il send one out as soon as I receve them. :tup:

jimfish4130

Pm sent :)

Love the feel and weight of the omnivap. I'm using my matte Ti body at the moment.
I like it more than I thought I would from the pictures but I'd still like one of the shiny ones, one like the bottom middle one in post #3086 takes my fancy.

I've got major VAS going on

Edit: omni mouthpiece is thinner in the middle than the spinning ones and feels more stable using it with no hands

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have to admit it is a good feeling having so many VapCap users adopting those 8mm Ti screens & seeing so many posts where people are sharing screens with each other. I was hesitant about recommending them as I have seen people posting with good intentions get torn a new arsehole on FC but it worked so well I had to share with my fellow cappers.

Anyone got a picture of VapCap's new metal screen?

DorianGray

how far from the tip of the torch flame are you guys heating your caps? anything wrong with being 5mm into the flame ?

DorianGray,

herbalist33

I am missing something. Where are the ti screens coming from? I don't see them on George's site.

They're not from Dynavap, they are coming from Chinese/ American sources. I just did a quick search to find the link, but failed... Maybe @Squiby can point you in the right direction.

I'm in the uk and it was pretty cost prohibitive to order them in, but thankfully the awesome Squiby fixed me up!

Squiby

I am missing something. Where are the ti screens coming from? I don't see them on George's site.

Several pages back @Stevenski shared his experience using a titanium screen instead of the ceramic screens that come with the vapcaps. The titanium screens are not as fragile and improve airflow.

This prompted many of us to purchase the titanium screens to try for ourselves.

Here is a link to the screens sold on eBay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5x-Titanium-...949935?hash=item2eed22652f:g:S0EAAOSw2ENW8Y8F

They are likely available from many other sources, but the best deal I could find was on eBay.

When you need to replace your screen you can choose another ceramic filter, a titanium fliter or some have even used mesh pipe screens.

Top Bottom