Archaicrevival

Glad to be back with the Vapcap, FUCK COMBUSTION!

1IhHhH0.jpg

ornUkAq.jpg

Squiby

Worked on some more OmniVap betas,

IMG_20160320_105009233_zpsueiuk8g2.jpg

I reviewed some of the posts that refer to the Omni. I found this pic that George posted on page 124. It shows a variety of knurl or blasted patterning on the Omni bodies, but all have the same design where the kurled area is limited to only a portion of the polished body.

I have only recently seen full blasted bodies in the last few pics posted.

I wonder if the pre-orders are given random bodies that George has made including those in the above pic.

I did not think to request a specific Ti body when I ordered the Omni as I thought, at the time, that the body would be polished Titanium with knurling at one end.

My super fantabulous order should arrive later this week. Who knows what body will be revealed?

I hope that I will LOVE it!!! :love:

Squiby

The matte titanium body, which I also have feels better in my hand and grips better than the shiny titanium when spinning. That's the one plus I can offer for those curious. It's nice we have an option for future omni buyers.

Did you request the matte body or did know that the matte body was being sent?

Squiby,

Smelly Dog

I'm not the OP you quoted, but I did receive my OmniVap yesterday and it came with the matte finish, I did not order anything other than an OmniVap, I guess matte finish is how the newer ones are going to start looking like. I frigging LOVE this thing!!! :leaf::tup:

buckhakeesah

If you saw back a few pages, I got a chance to visit the DynaVap laboratory. I had a choice of what was in stock. I went back and forth on which one I really wanted to leave home with. The overall feel is what won me over on the matte finish. The shiny one is eye catching too though, so it wins on that bling factor. Both are great, you can't go wrong with whichever one you receive.

Squiby

Get a short wood body and it won't matter whether you have the matte or polished finish- you'll never use the ti body again lol

Good point!! LOL! :wave:

I do have a Blackwood short body coming to me in my order this week. I just had an expectation of what I would be receiving and now I realize that there are a few different Ti bodies and that the one I will receive has been randomly chosen.

I do love your Omni dressed in the Blackwood....VERY SHARP!! :clap::nod::clap:

No big deal. I'm sure I will love whatever comes and as you say, I will likely favour the wood short body anyway. :love:

@buckhakeesah

Yes. I remember your report on your visit. That was a great report. I didn't put two and two together that it was you and that you had a chance to chose your body in person. :doh: (what an odd sentence :p)

Last edited:

herbalist33

Good point!! LOL! :wave:

I do have a Blackwood short body coming to me in my order this week. I just had an expectation of what I would be receiving and now I realize that there are a few different Ti bodies and that the one I will receive has been randomly chosen.

I do love your Omni dressed in the Blackwood....VERY SHARP!! :clap::nod::clap:

No big deal. I sure I will love whatever comes and as you say, I will likely favour the wood short body anyway. :love:

Yea, i think il only use the ti body for when I need super durability/splash proofing or if I'm going travelling, because I can thoroughly clean it with ISO... But as for every other time, the Blackwood rocks! I don't even know if I really want a burl body any more!

Personally, I received a polished finish ti body, and if I'm honest, I'm glad I did because I prefer the polished look. I'm not a big fan of the look of the matt, but it might feel nicer... Don't know- but I'm glad I've got the short wood body. It's perfect in my eyes!

Peace

Squiby

Yea, i think il only use the ti body for when I need super durability/splash proofing or if I'm going travelling, because I can thoroughly clean it with ISO... But as for every other time, the Blackwood rocks! I don't even know if I really want a burl body any more!

Personally, I received a polished finish ti body, and if I'm honest, I'm glad I did because I prefer the polished look. I'm not a big fan of the look of the matt, but it might feel nicer... Don't know- but I'm glad I've got the short wood body. It's perfect in my eyes!

Peace

That was my original train of thought as well. It is the reason I ordered a spare Blackwood body...

A Woody configuration for the luxury and beauty if offers, and the tough as nails Ti body for hiking and camping or any situation where my beloved vapcap might be placed in the path of an oncoming vehicle. 'Cause we know it will likely weather THAT storm! LOL!

Thank you @VAPEHUNTER for sacrificing your Woody for science. Hereafter refered to as the "Truck vs Vapcap Durability Road Test". :clap::clap::clap:

Squiby

How do you use the hemp fiber with the vap cap. I got some in my order. Dip it in oil?
Thanks in advance.

Garderjeff

Hemp fiber has a few different applications, and probably many more than my understanding. It can be used to clean your vap and collect your reclaim, or as a kushy (pun intended) bed in your bowl for hash, resin, life or concentrate of choice and as a filter inside the plastic mouthpiece.

Here are some bits others had to say about it....

Even good "full melt" bubble isn't too messy. BHO and shatter need something to sit on ala hemp fiber or SS pads.

@VapCap I've been using wax in a hemp fiber pad tonight, and I love the experience. The oil soaked hemp fiber gave me about 5-6 hits from a tiny clump I thought would give 2 at most. The flavor was great the whole way through. I also tried breaking up and sprinkling in some finger hash from a few months ago. It was delightful as well. Definitely a fun way to vape my concentrates, and vaping concentrates helps me get around the small payload size, when I'm out and about and can't use the vap for extended sessions.

Using (these days, usually) a hemp gum fiber filter in vapes is actually quite common practice around here on F.C . . .

As you will see, your filter traps particulate of all sizes, and it eventually ends up virtually steeped in oil!

So, the next thing to do is to reclaim any potential loss, and actually vape the cotton or hemp fiber itself - for an extremely heavy & sedating hit! Perfect for end of the night rips from the nightstand :ko:

This is why hemp fiber is better and preferred, but using pure organic cotton is also acceptable.

Have fun with your experimentation!

It is, but my supply of flower and concentrates is plentiful so i personally never bother. I know many use cotton balls and hemp fiber and rave about the potency

What I do lately is pick up a q-tip, swipe the amount of oil I want and with a toothpick or other pointy tool remove the old cotton from the q-tip without touching the oil. Then I wrap the tail of the cotton that is left while removing it around the oily part and stick it in the bowl! I use the same procedure usually to clean the Vapcap as well while it's warm! Super efficient! Nothing goes to waste! :p

Yeah hemp fiber is a lot better than SS mesh IME. I like making a little pad inside of it and just melt dabs off into it.

I find hemp fiber to be the best for full melts in this hands down. For most vapes in my experience now. Never seems to drip past the fiber.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Could someone point me to pictures or something so that I can figure out where the O rings go on the woody and omni? Also I am having trouble figuring out how to get the XL into my Vong. Or rather how to get it to stay in place. I think that must be related to the o-rings but can't make sense of it.
I have other questions about changing bodys on the omni and woody but I want to experiment with what I can already figure out before expanding.
I had trouble fitting the xl into my glass tube and it was because I had the orings in the wrong order. 1 of them is slightly bigger than the other 2, that one goes in the middle right under the mp. Sometimes the bottom one catches a little still, I just lick it to lube it a little like another poster suggested.

Squiby

Does everyone realize that this forum is on page 200 at its 11th month? July 21 will mark the 1st year anniversary of this thread. :wave:

@VapCap, George, you've come a long long way in a very short time. Congratulations for making your dream come true and for creating and bringing such a beautiful piece of functional art to us. Will there be a 1 year anniversary, limited edition Vapcap??? :cool:

Like maybe a Damascus Steel short body perhaps??? Hint hint...

She would be a beauty, for sure. :bowdown::luv::love:

Just sayin'

Personally I'd love to see a Damascus body made with the ti bowl/mouthpiece. I would definitely be in for one, possibly two

Damascus steel would look very nice indeed.
@Copacetic not as expensive as I first thought.
£27/$38/ a length. 12mm diameter by 150mm long.
grwJ5X0.jpg

A nice piece of Damascus might even rival the woodies for gorgeousness!

+1 vote for Damascus if its safe to vape out of, love the metal pattern.

I'd love to see a damascus vapcap lol

How about we take a little bit of the star killing supernova precursor element and turn it into something awesome.

The VonG gets heavy

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

Damascus vong looks gothic, would be nice with some gargoyles on the top of it :-)

Brilliant George!
I really hope that your next dose of awesome involves some more Damascus, as that last piece rea

Last edited:

Quint

Personally, I think the bead blasted bodies look fantastic. I've been very tempted to stonewash mine.
4iQSTYp.jpg

Here's my Omni next to a few titanium flashlights with different textures/grips. The light on the far right is bead blasted. Personally, I would really love to see an titanium body with some really aggressive knurling. Also how cool would a titanium/Damascus body with some tritium vials be? Although there may not be enough material on the tube to make it work.
Bonus picture, 14mm short Burl VonG in my favorite travel piece. I'm still working on an album of my entire collection which I'll be posting when I get a bit more time.
kDrSFhX.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
xnJH275.jpeg

Get a short wood body and it won't matter whether you have the matte or polished finish- you'll never use the ti body again lol

Edit:
K1Tbmc8.jpeg

Love the blackwood woody @herbalist33 !

I just got a blackwood Vong and it rocks.
I am just worried that the wood is going to get a groove after sliding into a glass joint over and over. I tried using an old silcone sleeve from a glass gong but that was too thick.
Anyone have a tip on this?

I love the thick wood and it doubles as a shorty dry stem too.

VapCap

Manufacturer
5000 posts?

Wow!

I had to get this one in.

I don't know what else to say, but this forum has been the foundation of this project and my entire product line for everything following the original VapCap and PyroVap which is all I had when the thread was started.

So thank you FC and the entire participating community. Your thoughts and feedback are most welcome as this is what has helped shape and form this dare I say it, new category of vaporizer?
If I am crossing the line please feel free to reign me in.

It looks like I will finally get the VonG shorts and short bodies up on the website tomorrow. More products coming soon too. We took a bunch of pictures last week and will have many more things to show too.

Like this unit.

IMG_20160501_211905839_zpsa8vipuzk.jpg

When I found this material, like so many things these days, I immediately thought, Hmmm, I bet I can incorporate that into a sweet vaporizer.

It is Mokume.

And there are many more cool things to come!

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

Archaicrevival

So I ran some ABV through a 5 stage grinder discarded the first stage and pressed the "ABV keif" in a pollen press I think this may be a way to conserve the herb. I now have a very very fine extract and a ultra fine pressed extract im not sure what their thc/cbd ratio would be but I'm interested. Vapcap likes them. Had to ad a SS screen on top of the ceramic screen though.

Last edited:

little maggie

I love the mokume. I think I'm going to have to block this site on my internet. I love everything George does and that is very bad.
I looked up mokume to see what it is. Beautiful. But in my search to see items made of it I ended up at a damascus steel site.
I think that indicates that George needs to make both mokume and damascus steel stems. I still choose the mokume though: wood grain metal

Top Bottom