BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Ok, i already failed on the third bowl and combusted pretty heavy for 1 hit. I must have forgot to wait for the cool down click, total noob mistake. Am i going to have to clean it to get that combustion taste out?

You can clean it or some with just work through it. My taste buds are not as senitive as others, and there are times where I'll do a quick wipe out with a Q-tip and then continue to vape without much notice. Of course, to be sure of no off-tastes cleaning is the best measure.

I do beleive that when you first sense you've combusted, don't continue to inhale. In fact, I have quickly blown into the mouthpiece and quickly shot the load out :p. I thought it helped decrease the combustion taste.

For those who are off vaping for now, but not into edibles. How about the in-between which could be tinctures that are absorbed under the tongue? I hear easier to adjust amounts and effects.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
The main thing is patience...an ISO soak won’t rid the smell, but a few well handled bowls of fresh material will go far to get the taste back. A member here @Dynalowrider swears by coconut oil, I believe.

All things being equal, just put some good material through and learn your lessons. We’ve all been there. If you’re like most of us, it will happen from time to time, for several reasons. No big deal...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I commend all those with the resolve to stop vaping for their own safety and mental well being.
Sadly I am on the other side of that. Cannabis is the one thing that reduces my stress, and lately my stress is being sent through the roof due to circumstances, so I am quite concerned that I may be FORCED to stop using it. That, of course, adds to my stress.
There are still some empty cars on this roller coaster if anyone wants to ride along, but it's filling up quickly...

Ahem... So, I haven't bought in to the "20" M yet tho it is attractive and I hate to miss one. I imagine I will jump in at some point, tho I might wait till tips and caps are available separately.

Am i going to have to clean it to get that combustion taste out?
In my experience, yes.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Don’t get a mag heater, trust me. If you want the best IH on the market right now, you have to try the Vaphotbox.com
Ive been using mine since last June and has been working perfectly, 0 problems so far. I use my DV exclusively with induction heaters. I have tried them all, lucid, Fluxer, pipes, Vaphotbox, etc..
I use mine 10 times a day, everyday, so I need a solid battery life. This heater lasts me about 35 bowls on one charge, where as the psm lasts 10. I have not yet combusted, because it doesn’t run as hot as the other devices. Customer service is over the top, and the maker will even replace the battery for free the first time around, (can also be user replaceable). It’s basically identical to the fluxer, but instead of a 9 month wait list, it’s about a month. I am very pleased with it and peace of mind knowing this thing keeps chugging along.

Confused, site says: “Quality 2 Cell 18650 3500mAh battery pack”,
So why would you need the maker to “replace” them. I’m assuming (since the site shows NO photos of the internals), that this 2 battery pack, may be soldered in to a sled?

The “fluxer”, shows lots of internal photos, and has a compartment for (3) 18650 user SWAPPABLE batteries, a MUST for me, and the benefit of the extra voltage as many of these home made devices seem to wire the batteries in series, to gain the added voltage.

Also the Vaphotbox site warns it could be a 2 month wait. On paper, the Fluxer has the best specs for my mobile needs, though I doubt I’ll ever see one. The maker seems very nice, but so far not being able to setup a simple pre-order email verification system, is not confidence inspiring. Running any business, no matter how small, with a 9 month or longer wait time, is also not very sustainable, burnout level too high for one person to deal with.

It’s a shame the Dynavap IH, seems so tame in terms of specs. I’m going to stick with a single flame torch until these aftermarket IH heater startup folks get their act together, or they cost $50 from you know where.

LabPong

Don’t get a mag heater, trust me. If you want the best IH on the market right now, you have to try the Vaphotbox.com

Holding a button down or touching it to turn on and off the heater = BOTTOM SHELF IH DESIGN...sorry. It defeats the purpose to use an IH. I would rather use a torch....really.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
This isn't the thread for IH without relating it to how it improves the VC. Who wants to be the next IH maker to help the VC community? Step up! :haw: :freak: :nope: :zzz: :hmm: I thought so...
:razz:
I'm with you @cybrguy - different reason but similar risks. There are two considerations I am putting before me - one, we are avoiding the virus incursion into our lungs. Vaping keeps my lungs moist which cilia lives to extract. To me, this is activating natural defenses. However, and this should be of some comfort, if I am sticken anyway, I don't think vaping will be at the forefront of my thoughts. By the time those non-use symptoms surface, I'll be dead or recovering so there is time to head things off too. I am very glad I've learned to temper the VC to deliver exactly what I want. This should help if or when the worst comes to our door.

Of course I am not a qualified medical anything. This is my take on things. Once this is in our bio-system, it is beyond the lungs, we are an incubator at that point. Stay alive if it attacks your lungs with pneumonia.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Ok, i already failed on the third bowl and combusted pretty heavy for 1 hit. I must have forgot to wait for the cool down click, total noob mistake. Am i going to have to clean it to get that combustion taste out?
When I have combusted, I usually vape a little bit of peppermint (from an organic teabag), which freshens everything up and tastes nice

lookhigh

FC member
C though I doubt I’ll ever see one. The maker seems very nice, but so far not being able to setup a simple pre-order email verification system, is not confidence inspiring. Running any business, no matter how small, with a 9 month or longer wait time, is also not very sustainable, burnout level too high for one person to deal with.

I certainly had no problem with the waiting list and was one of the best and easiest vape gear related purchase ever.

lookhigh,
Reactions: stark1

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Holding a button down or touching it to turn on and off the heater = BOTTOM SHELF IH DESIGN.

I'm not looking to say one way is better than the other. But I do prefer a tactile switch myself. I do have a caldron which I love. I want a portable but I'm holding back right now. I'm not sure what I will eventually jump at, but I am just waiting for the right size, operation, price and availability. I just don't feel like anything is quite there yet for me.

There's a big part of me that is holding out for @Pipes next portable creation. However, as a result of the corona, I'm not sure how much any manufacturer can put into new designs right now.

I just vaped some new herb called Strawberry something, not cough, through my vc. Nice flavor, whatever the fuck it is.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
@VAPEHUNTER says he has something for me.

Attach4475-20200326-172953-1.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I certainly had no problem with the waiting list and was one of the best and easiest vape gear related purchase ever.

The issue for joining any product “wait list”, is normally one gets an email confirmation letting you know, one your email went through, as well as getting a confirmation, that you can save and use in any potential future correspondence with the maker or company. This owner has acknowledged this short coming, and hopefully is working to get it right.

So, maybe I’m on a list.....

caliganja420

Confused, site says: “Quality 2 Cell 18650 3500mAh battery pack”,
So why would you need the maker to “replace” them. I’m assuming (since the site shows NO photos of the internals), that this 2 battery pack, may be soldered in to a sled?

The “fluxer”, shows lots of internal photos, and has a compartment for (3) 18650 user SWAPPABLE batteries, a MUST for me, and the benefit of the extra voltage as many of these home made devices seem to wire the batteries in series, to gain the added voltage.

Also the Vaphotbox site warns it could be a 2 month wait. On paper, the Fluxer has the best specs for my mobile needs, though I doubt I’ll ever see one. The maker seems very nice, but so far not being able to setup a simple pre-order email verification system, is not confidence inspiring. Running any business, no matter how small, with a 9 month or longer wait time, is also not very sustainable, burnout level too high for one person to deal with.

It’s a shame the Dynavap IH, seems so tame in terms of specs. I’m going to stick with a single flame torch until these aftermarket IH heater startup folks get their act together, or they cost $50 from you know where.

The maker of the Hotbox will replace the battery for free for the first time (out of courtesy). The pack IS user replacable, not soldered. it’s just small and tight in there, as he found the smallest enclousre possible, and for someone with no experience it might be a bit challenging. That’s all.

Holding a button down or touching it to turn on and off the heater = BOTTOM SHELF IH DESIGN...sorry. It defeats the purpose to use an IH. I would rather use a torch....really.

every single portable has a switch or button to turn the unit on and off, what are you talking about? It does not defeat a purpose, it’s to turn in ON and OFF. I’ve never used a torch for a dynavap and never will, talk about bottom shelf, lol it’s like your getting mad at your self over nothing. Find me another portable IH that lasts 30+ bowls on 1 charge, don’t say portside mini cause that lasts about 10 :clap::rofl:
And like I said, been using mine for 9 months, every single day, 10 times a day and have only contacted the maker to thank him for his creation

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@stark - nice build! Yours? My power supply is cells for the moment. One wired to 8.4V for real-time heating and one wired to 12.6V for conventional heating or 'cloud bursts'. Eventually, it will be a 4S variable output battery pack. I am ready to put the 8.4V 'The Runt' version in a case.

I've pretty much been stripping the vape from the bud using the VC in two draws between these two IH's. Reducing draw resistance was a huge part of that.

notams

toke down Babylon
Thanks everyone for your response to my questions regarding abstaining for health reasons.

My mini review of 2020M

Overall.... Yeah, it's good. Not overwhelmed. Not underwhelmed.

The tip - great! Love the adjustable bowl option with Stainless. Seems to toast a little slower than 19M - which is a huge plus for me.

The cap - solves a problem that did not exist for me and creating a new one. My old cap never fell off. Never. Neither does the captive cap. However, the old cap doesn't rattle and make noise constantly like the captive cap does.

The stem - (almond) a step backwards I think. It looks phenomenal. The tactile feedback of the 19M and finding that airhole so naturally is almost gone here. I'm back to searching for the hole constantly. However, the "knurling" area has a great feel and and I think it spins in the hand very intuitively.

The chiral airport - nifty. I've been using chiral airport 2.0 (aka Simrell). So, I'm underwhelmed by the 20M. Also, there's the noise factor. That chiral thing is not quiet.

The mouthpiece - feels great and the way the rubber gasket sorta tucks up makes it really nice. I'm not a water user. So, no comment on 10mm pairing. It looks and feels amazing.

Yes, I got a karma vap (which is a lovely 19M). It's going to my budtender once we're off lock down.

Overall - Well worth $75. Great introduction to Dynavap. Won't disappoint. Also won't make you do backflips.

LabPong

every single portable has a switch or button to turn the unit on and off, what are you talking about? It does not defeat a purpose, it’s to turn in ON and OFF. I’ve never used a torch for a dynavap and never will, talk about bottom shelf, lol it’s like your getting mad at your self over nothing. Find me another portable IH that lasts 30+ bowls on 1 charge, don’t say portside mini cause that lasts about 10 :clap::rofl:
And like I said, been using mine for 9 months, every single day, 10 times a day and have only contacted the maker to thank him for his creation

Maybe I did not state that well enough and should give you more details.

I think that having the heater on/off switch in the bottom of the heater is the key. Having to turn the heater on with a button touch........then insert the vapcap.....then remember to turn off the heater.....is not good.

I can use a torch better than having to do all that manipulation actually. But my point is in the actual user experience.....ie I want to insert the vapcap and pull it out in the 9 seconds or less and get it into my rig less than a second.......with no other movements. That right there....is what changes the use of the vapcap with an IH to be the best experience in usability to me. It makes it feel like slowly hitting a J.

I know some do not like the pushing on the cap for keeping it in a specific position. But for me using only Ti tips with glass stems into a rig.....I have no issues with draw pressures or evenness of extraction.

Having a IH that heats with insertion of the vapcap....makes vaping so much more enjoyable and not complicated....or tedious. It has been far and above they one good way to convert all my old stoner buddies...if I could at all. I have turned a bunch of friends on to the Vapcaps as their only acceptable vape to use instead of combusting. They try my high end stuff....but they do not want to spend the money or have all that stuff laying around or to deal with.

So....this is why I feel as I do ....and it is only my opinion that the best IH's have the heater switch being something that is not a secondary task you have to engage. It makes use so much more fluid and stress-less.

Also I know you can not get the same one anymore....But my Pipes Skeletor gets extended clicks well past most...it runs on 3 18650's. You can get the new "kit" and rig it how you want and achieve that as well.

Top Bottom