Siebter

Less soul, more mind
How would this one be different in adverse weather?

The PSM is definitely not very water resistant, it has several openings which on the MH are sealed by rubber or wood.

The Mag Heater looks a lot like the @Pipes PortSide Mini.

They are actually two very different animals. I like them both very much, but highly prefer the MH.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Heating a VapCap
with a lighter is a ritual; a VapCap with a (portable) Induction Heater
Is a “match” :tup:
—Made in Heaven. YMMV

"You're preachin' to the choir son.". Yea, I need portable. Still working toward an outdoors belt model. Definitely needs to be smart. But Dynavap has got something cooking. I'm waffling on cells. Form-factor has a lot to do with it.

Help me here... what do you want in a portable on-demand outdoor sidepack belt capable IH? I can pack a week's worth of power or maybe a few caps within a side-carry or handheld unit? 800Mah is peanuts and 3 18650's can deliver 4 times that. Funny enough, getting any real capacity in a slightly shorter 18500 is also not in the cards.

What about this for an all arounder... An IH with the limited battery pack... maybe a light user for a day... and carefully monitoring the cells because you will stress them if you maximize performance. And use a commercial 12V 18650 pack as a plug-in charger/refresher; or even a rugged purpose built 11.1V 18650 pack that can be car-charged.

I think a ruggedized outdoor IH would be wildly popular. Getting past this hurdle is tricky as it also drives the size, shape, and weight. I for one don't use on the go as a rule. I just need a unit to hold in my hands to warm me in the cold outdoors... okay, porch. With a small unit, meaning small cells, I would re-plug it in after each use maybe on a hot-plug cradle or 12v plug. I could even arrange for an overnight trickle 5V-1/2A charge setup for off-duty charging on any cell phone charger. So what do others want? I mean this is a VapCap thread and IH just kicks on VC's. Let's build a FC version of the kickingest IH for DV VC e.v.e.r :leaf:

Oh, I almost forgot what I came here for...

I think I just ended my quest for the perfect VC stem. This one spun out of my lathe last night. It is a kick ass XXL Knob'd Quill from a Heritage Flowering Quince. Simple and very light weight. :peace:

49111516723_7993dc1963_b.jpg

..and Welcome @Slotheus , friend of @Planck :razz:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
800Mah is peanuts and 3 18650's can deliver 4 times that.

What they can't deliver is 12.6V. You can use three 18650s in serial, but then you will only get 1x their charge (I think, I'm not an expert). 800mAH doesn't sound like very much, but it's enough for six to eight sessions on my IHs and they can be charged in no time. Those LiPos are quite a bit lighter and more compact than three 18650s as well.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Exactly. I watched the cell voltage using 14500 IMR cells and that 6 amp draw is hard on them even on these and they are rated for it. I need to test efest's latest IMR's rated for 9 amps. 18650 is basically a sledge hammer for a picture nail. But if your out in the field, more power is always better but backup power may well suffice.

I'll build one of each. We'll see which get's more use.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Fluxer uses 3x 18650 cells which can deliver up to 3500mah. Nearly equivalent to 4x 800mah Li-Po cells at about the same voltage. That is serious energy density. Problem is that this energy density is only valid in highly commercialized cells. 14500 is only popular due to vaping and portable devices. But their energy density in relation to their size is still lacking.

Planck

believes in Dog
I think I just ended my quest for the perfect VC stem. This one spun out of my lathe last night. It is a kick ass XXL Knob'd Quill from a Heritage Flowering Quince. Simple and very light weight. :peace:

That is exquisite Tommy!
Classic elegance, you have a great eye and very skilled hands.
I imagine the mouth and hand feel is super satisfying and comfortable.

Seriously good job! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::rockon:

CalyxSmokr

Is there a big difference between the current M and the original when released?I like the vapor quality on my original glass but Im not really a fan of my original M. Too hot and prone to hot spots.
Is the current M the same as far as performance? Trying to decide if a newer model will be better or I would need a Ti tip for a smoother experience.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Too hot and prone to hot spots.

I find myself magnetcooling down the M(18) more in between heatcycles than my Omni XL, because it indeed can get a bit uncomfortable to the touch, especially when hitting with higher frequencies. The Omni I can keep holding in my hand, it stays cool. The major difference in terms of performance between ss and ti tips is the heating time, titanium will let the cap click quite a bit faster. @Hotspots: I'd look more into your heating technique and flame size, hotspots shouldn't occur at all. I own the M18 and it works nicely.

Schlumples

Resident Otter

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

someTooL

Nice little BF sale at DV. The way I’m reading it, 20% off and $20 for an M with any vaporizer purchase. Time to upgrade and pick up a few parts for me :D

From email:
Hello DynaVerse!
We are excited to announce the details of our Black Friday Sale. Note the following:

• The sale begins Wednesday, November 27 at 4:19PM CST and runs through Monday, December 2, 11:59PM CST. During this time enjoy 20% off site wide (excluding PhantoM & AuruM Holiday Gift Packs).
  • SPECIAL THANKSGIVING PROMOTION: FromNovember 27, 4:19PM CST through November 28, 12:19PM CST, when you add any vaporizer to your cart, you can add an "M" For a Friend for only $20! Offer will end Thanksgiving afternoon so be sure to treat that friend to an "M"!
  • Any order placed by 6:00PM CST on Wednesday, November 27 will ship out same-day!
  • Cyber Monday Exclusive: The AuruM Holiday Gift Pack!
  • Free Domestic Shipping on any order with a Vaporizer purchased.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I think they have seperate sales going on for distributors. Like 750 in free stuff when you spend 2k. And a deal on cap/ tip /coils packs. Dont remember exactly. You should have an email from them if you have sold there stuff before.
Totally want to grab a widdle your own kit but got way to much going on. 60 bucks is a deal tho!

Top Bottom