joner

Dyno-mite Dynamics. :)

Would you post a pic of your regular/low temp caps side by side?

& a Hi-temp, if you have all three. :tup:

(Or anyone else, if you want to click in)

post photo for forum

img uploads

They really are quite similar to look at. Ones obviously newer and one older, more heat treated (~1 yr service on reg cap - 6-8 times daily).

The bulge over the snapping discs is bigger on the low temp cap, and there's a number and year engraved into the inside of the debowler on the lower temp cap, while the reg cap has serial number engraved under the Dynavap logo.

The opening on the lower cap seems larger. Had to pinch er quite a bit to keep er on the tip!

Vapor is definitely whispier than the higher temps, but effects are still there. Headier, less body/stone, more up. The time between the first two clicks is also much shorter on the low temp. I have tried going 1sec, 2 secs past the second click and it got hot and roasty toasty quickly! I don't feel comfortable doing this, as it seems to just approach the regular temp cap, which kind of defeats the purpose for me?

I've been testing with my ti tip at half load, ~0.03 g per load. I think the low temp would benefit from using the steel tip for multiple reasons, a couple being that the steel tip may retain the lesser heat a little longer and give a fuller hit, and I think a bigger bowl (~0.06-0.075) would aid in vapor production, more than the wispy (but tasty) hits I'm receiving right now. I'll have to do more testing, as they say. I may pick up an Omni stem to upgrade my M and reunite my M body with its old friend, it's matching steel tip.

I had planned on doing this at some point, and gift my M to one of my buddies, but I may keep for two different setups! A $20 M doesnt sound too ba
d for gifting!

I didn't know they had a high temp cap, are they still available? I don't even know if it would be useful to myself, my AVB with my Dyna usually is quite dark.

WakeVape&Bake

The Dynavap M 2019 edition arrived and i did a few caps with it. as someone never used a Dynavap there is a bit of a learning curve to the heating for sure but when it works it is really awesome.

i have more success with a single flame torch, tried a 3 flame and roasted the material...seems that the 3 flame is too hot or i am doing it wrong :-)

all in all i am satisfied, seems great for small doses and a quick hit and thats why i bought it. the M is a bit smaller than i´ve expected though, already thinking about getting a bigger one in the future.

but i will roll with the M for now,definitely does it for the beginning or when someone is new to Dynavaps

Schlumples

Resident Otter
@WakeVape&Bake I'm new to the Dynavap too, and much prefer a single torch as well. I've found that heating near the base of the cap provides stronger hits but I'm still in learning-mode!

Trying to decide whether to pick up another Omnivap XL or a HydraVong-XLS tomorrow. I vape dry exclusively, but the Hydra looks glorious and the wooden mouthpiece looks comfy. Anyone out there like to use the Hydra dry?

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hey, everyone! :wave: I was planning on getting a dynavap this green friday and was wondering if I should start with an IH or maybe start with a torch and then invest in an IH. The IH is higher price/assembly up front, but I'm not super enthused by the idea of using a flamethrower :lol:

Choices

Hey, everyone! :wave: I was planning on getting a dynavap this green friday and was wondering if I should start with an IH or maybe start with a torch and then invest in an IH. The IH is higher price/assembly up front, but I'm not super enthused by the idea of using a flamethrower :lol:

I own both now. I started with the single flame lighter from Dynavap and a 2018 M. Once I got my technique down, which was actually a good experience, I decided to get a Portside Mini. I think a great comparison is learning to drive using a stick shift. You don’t have to learn to drive this way but it is the best way to ensure you can always drive the vehicle you are in on any given day. So if you are up for the learning curve, a single flame lighter, a new M, and desire to learn is the way to go. Once you learn the ropes, decide at that time if you want to purchase an induction heater.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The analogy is great @Choices - I see it as using the vape if the IH goes poof or gets misplaced... like at home when you've packed everything else known to man and woman alike. "What, you left the torch behind too?" :suspicious: Okay; torches can be found at the corner crack shop mini mart - not so much for IH's.

I hate torches! And my vape never leaves home. So much for stick shift! Fucks with my mornin' coffee :rockon:

@rnartian - are you licenced to drive a soldering iron? Mine cost me $6/month's wait/and some hobby scraps. If you have a power source, yippy... otherwise another $10. One could build a pretty mean ass battery pack for around $40. Cordless is definitely worth the effort.

Last edited:

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Learn the torch first, in fact, several torches...at the least a single, double and triple. Those alone will deliver sublime results if properly pursued. When that is accomplished, get an IH, and you'll take it to the next level...

I own both now. I started with the single flame lighter from Dynavap and a 2018 M. Once I got my technique down, which was actually a good experience, I decided to get a Portside Mini. I think a great comparison is learning to drive using a stick shift. You don’t have to learn to drive this way but it is the best way to ensure you can always drive the vehicle you are in on any given day. So if you are up for the learning curve, a single flame lighter, a new M, and desire to learn is the way to go. Once you learn the ropes, decide at that time if you want to purchase an induction heater.

That is a really good analogy. Alright, then I'm gonna focus on getting my technique down with a torch and then try an IH down the road.

The analogy is great @Choices - I see it as using the vape if the IH goes poof or gets misplaced... like at home when you've packed everything else known to man and woman alike. "What, you left the torch behind too?" :suspicious: Okay; torches can be found at the corner crack shop mini mart - not so much for IH's.

I hate torches! And my vape never leaves home. So much for stick shift! Fucks with my mornin' coffee :rockon:

@rnartian - are you licenced to drive a soldering iron? Mine cost me $6/month's wait/and some hobby scraps. If you have a power source, yippy... otherwise another $10. One could build a pretty mean ass battery pack for around $40. Cordless is definitely worth the effort.

One of my buddies is an electrician, so I know I could get my hands on one and even a little wiring help if I'm in need. I've seen directions for making a plugged in IH, but none for making a portable one. And I'm not too adept at wiring and batteries, but I reckon I could learn eventually.

WakeVape&Bake

after vaping a few more caps i really love this thing, super efficient, quick to use and the effect is really good! really impressed by this little device, never thought it would be this good.

i find it stunning with how little you get three heating cycles, this is really great

super tempted to buy myself a second one for x-mas now :-)

fachada

@WakeVape&Bake Mostly everyone around here has been there! You can never have too many VCs.

BUT you should also consider the full potential of Vapcap's durability: I've had glass VCs (bak in the day), and even a Ti Woody, but ever since I got my Omni in early 2017 it has never been replaced and it's the only vape I use most of the time, 5+ bowls a day: tens of thousands of clicks.
My Omni has accumulated memories like no other device and it's still in it's early life. It has dents and scratches all over and several layers of "torch anodizing" that I do when I get bored with the looks. I've thought I lost it dozens of times, I have shared it with all my friends, etc etc....

you get the idea! VCAS is great, but VC's durability really lends to bonding deeply with your own and unique VC! Don't let it be lonely, but don't make it feel replaceable!

Let's start showing pics of those beaten up vapcaps too, people!

'click... click!' puff puff puff 'click-click.' enjoy!

swieder711

I have had my M 2019 for a few weeks and enjoy it for quick home use. I bought the Caldron induction heater which I find to be much easier to use than a torch lighter.

Friends get a laugh when I bring the dynavap out in public and show them the torch heater. Think "crack pipe user." This has kept me from using the dynavap outside my home.

Im thinking about getting the Omnivap for its adjustable bowl. Is there much advantage to using a smaller bowl versus just putting a small nugget into the regular bowl? If I use mostly the IH than I wonder if the titanium material has much advantage.

Last edited:

joner

Im thinking about getting the omnivap for its adjustable bowl. Is there much advantage to using a smaller bowl versus just putting a small nugget into the regular bowl. If I use mostly the IH than I wonder if the titanium material has much advantage.

I didn't notice much difference in flavor/performance between purely the titanium and stainless steel materials. The stainless steel may retain heat a little better? I don't know if it's in my head or not, but I feel like the titanium cools off faster.

Now, as far as the advantages of the adjustable bowl. I wasn't sure what I would think at first after getting it, but not long after, and to this day (~ 3 months), I've had the bowl at the half size. For me, it's the perfect microdose, I can feel it, and even if I completely ram it full (which I usually never do, usually ~ half again, and tamp it down), it is still only about 0.05-0.06g, in my experiences (the half pack makes it ~ 0.03g). The half size oven makes a consistent dose most times (can't over pack it), and the vape actually does perform a little better the fuller it is, and the more surface area is touching the oven walls. That being said, the thing still works with a few crumbs just thrown in there, so i dunno lol.

How much is the ti tip? I can't even remember now! I think I'm leaning towards the ti tip being a great enough change of experience to justify the cost of said upgrade.

One thing I will mention is the cleanliness of the titanium vs the stainless steel. I can't rememeber the last time I cleaned the tip or screen/ccd (also titainium). It seemed like when I was using the stainless steel I'd be cleaning it every 1-2 weeks, and the screens (also stainless) wouldn't last very well for me. I don't think I've changed a ti ccd yet due to wear, etc.? Oh wait, I did after severely mangling one trying to set it in the half bowl position! Good thing I don't have to take it out very often because that was kind of frustrating. However, using the end of a S&B brush from one end and another tool from the other helps snap it in place.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I have had my M 2019 for a few weeks and enjoy it for quick home use. I bought the Caldron induction heater which I find to be much easier to use than a torch lighter.

Friends get a laugh when I bring the dynavap out in public and show them the torch heater. Think "crack pipe user." This has kept me from using the dynavap outside my house.

Im thinking about getting the omnivap for its adjustable bowl. Is there much advantage to using a smaller bowl versus just putting a small nugget into the regular bowl. If I use mostly the IH than I wonder if the titanium material has much advantage.

You get the omnivap for its adjustable airflow... All titanium tips will have the adjustable bowl size. :tup:

Whether I use Titanium or stainless steel tip in anything, I set the bowl size to full size and just drop a small nug in. Usually nothing more than half the size of the chamber.

That still leaves a little bit of air space between the top of your herb and the rim of the tip.

Inside is pretty much exclusively my cauldron. Or my Aomai single flame jet.

If I Vape out and about it would be using my NonaVong XLS with dark wood stem and titanium spinning mouthpiece and tip.

It has a respectable look to it that gets you a question of, "Hey what IS that?" instead of the crack pipe comments. :nod:

Perceptions around the world are slowly changing in regards to the subject of marijuana. Many more places are legalizing for either medicinal or recreational use.

So when people see something like a dynavap, these days, there's more curiosity about WHAT it is and how THEY can get one than INSTANT assumption that is a crack pipe or similar. :clap:

For ALL of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a happy and safe one! If you're driving, PLEASE buckle up and don't drive while intoxicated.

( we like hearing from you in here and would like to continue doing so. :cool:)

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :cheers:

Choices

So am I correct in thinking that in a matter of hours I can get a new 2019 M for $56 and then buy another for $20? So regularly $140 for $76? Uhmmm that’s 46% off normal price. Is my math right on this?

Dynalowrider

On the subject of torch vs, IH, can you drive a stick-shift? The torch is like a stick-shift. If the engine dies you can push start it, (pop the clutch). I'm not saying you have to have an IH. It's just nice to have a back-up.
Heard about a guy who tried to steal a car, but couldn't use a clutch. Went bucking down the street to the cop car and got arrested. Learn how too use your tools before attempting to use them, Doc

Top Bottom