thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I was Army National Guard but I love Sturgill Simpson's existential and psychadelic spin on underground country music. He was Navy and your post reminded of this song and album so I had to post it.

I was Marine Corps. It was on the USS Durham back in "92.

6 of us and a bunch of Sailors who hadn't Crossed the Equator before, got hauled out there and...

(Someone who was kind enough to film The Glorious ceremony was equally kind enough a few years back to upload it on YouTube. Wish I could have enjoyed a capful or two afterwards. LOL)

In spite of what looks like horrifically gross suffering, it was only moderately gross suffering. LOL

It was all in good fun though. A tension breaker from the time on ship for everybody to blow off some steam, have some laughs, and of course earn our little coin as "Sons Of Neptune". LOL

Last edited:

SquanchKava

Great album:cheers:

If you dig Sturgill Simpson you may dig his buddy Tyler Childers. Super humble dude that I had the lucky oppurtunity to meet and give him a bag of my Kava and also got the whole band to sign a Kava bag for a keep sake. I look a bit star struck as I got to meet one of my favorite artists.

I need to find out if his eatinbigtime dugout will fit a Dynavap. I am sure he would dig the Dynvap.
https://tylerchilders.bigcartel.com/product/ebt-dugouts

Last edited:

Chandler

Introducing, Without further delay..............The Rogue Wax Work "Shiller" Stems!! Cuz they really shill the vapor down!!
DSC02494.jpg

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

different MP design
DSC02490.jpg
Congrats @RogueGuy These all look great. I'd like one or two. HOWEVER, We need a Canadian connect! I was looking the other day, TRWW had his glass stem up for $12USD. Extremely Great price, very affordable. Wanted to pull the trigger... Shipping on the $12USD stem? $15USD + change = $27+USD. Add Taxes, Include possible Phantom duties on a package that weighs 1/10 of a pound, plus conversion? $12 stem ends up costing $50+CAD!!? I love supporting the community, especially the unique smaller talents... I've encountered lately however a plethora of instances whereas the final price after all the rates deem the awesome product far from worth it. Value gone. Very disappointing... (I still make alot of these purchases anyway because the desire for and the functionality of said pieces is usually top notch). Still...

*end rant*

Greetings to all the other international vaporizer enthusiasts who understand and feel how I feel.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Xclerk man he surprised the heck out of me. I met him yesterday and he texted last night with those pictures and then said come down in the morning to pick them up. Thanks for your supportive words. Oregon Glass Lab is like the 6th glass blower I have either spoken to or met with, the other 5 said they could do my projects and then never got back to me. When I saw that SP was carrying the "Aristocrat" I kind of decided to stop pursuing the glass. Then Chris at OGL called and wanted to meet. You have seen the rest of the story!!!

@thejackalsmark, @SquanchKava thank you for your service. My bad ass wife was in the Navy 93-97. Yo @stark1 I think you too?

@SquanchKava awesome meeting one of your favorite artists. Thats cool that he has his own dougout. You know he would like the Dyna.

@Chandler if you pay someone through Pay Pal do they add fees, taxes, tariffs? I know shipping is way higher. I'm happy to look into shipping to Canada and taking a donation for a gift ;)

@TiSteamo I know my pictures dont really help but the bad tips grooves are not as big and neither is the notch. There is a better example somewhere I'll try and find it.

Last edited:

Chandler

@RogueGuy you are correct. We circumvent taxes when using PayPal (with a friend not business) I believe? Conversion is unavoidable naturally, Shipping from the US is international so is inflated, and duties are always an unkown. I've recieved 5 lbs packages from the US and for some reason wasn't charged duties. I've recieved 1/2 lb packages and forced to pay duties. It's all uknown till the package arrives.

Please do look into export to Canada. You have an audience here up north. I find @Sneaky Pete amongst the best Canadian retailers concerning price, customer service, and new functional products/accessories.

Planck

believes in Dog
I've recieved 5 lbs packages from the US and for some reason wasn't charged duties. I've recieved 1/2 lb packages and forced to pay duties. It's all uknown till the package arrives.

Howdy folks, LTNS

Packages valued at 200 or less after converting the value to CDN dollars are duty exempt. Duty is usually low 1% to 3%. The kicker is if the package gets duty it also get GST and PST charges in addition to the duty.

Everything you want or need to know is on official web page

Cheers.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The jury’s still out on whether glass beads really cools the hot vapor as the thermal
Conductivity of glass is very low (k = 1). Almost none.

Does it “cool” because of a (slightly) longer vapor path, or is it just “cool” to the
Stoned, imaginative mind.

They do look :chill:.

(Gold (k~300), and Silver (k~400) might be inert, viable cooling inserts given that one is a Midas) ;)

Lesson(2B) learned, while Silver and Gold would make sweet stems, they would prove
(2B) relatively “hawt” compared to “kooling” glass. :lol: :cheers: Applied physics.:spliff: B+

Last edited:

StringTheorista

The jury’s still out on whether glass beads really cools the hot vapor as the thermal

Does it “cool” because of a (slightly) longer vapor path, or is it just “cool” to the
Stoned, imaginative mind.

They do look :chill:.

I think they do cool the vapor, however they’re doing it. They make the standard mouthpiece on the ONE useable for me, when it’s otherwise too hot, same for the short stem for the Solo 2. And the beads themselves get very hot—dump them out into your hand after use and you’ll see.

@Andy Capp, those stems and stands are *gorgeous*!

Plutonic

The reason glass beads (or glass dimples) cool vapor more effectively is that they produce "turbulent" (vs. "laminar" or smooth layered) flow. The problem is that "laminar flow develops an insulating blanket around the channel wall and restricts heat transfer." Turbulence also lengthens the transit path of the vapor as molecules get caught in eddies and whip around every which way, which increases opportunities for heat transfer.

The fact that so many folks are now making or using cooling stems also suggests it's not just a placebo effect (though admittedly, placebo effects can be very persuasive!).

You know what might be fun: wind tunnel studies of our cooling stems!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:mmmm:Would one create “turbulence” if one become a shill for RWW’s new line of DV hosts, I wonder.
A chilling thought.

Interesting. Two very different phenomena going on. Heat absorption aside, turbulence
Dominates, with multi-faceted glass beads being more effective than round ones in disrupting
The laminar flow.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Chandler if you are interested in something let me know and we can probably work something out.

On beads, dimples, texture etc. it must do something to cool the vapor by absorbing some heat. But whether it makes the vapor more enjoyable may be open to interpretation. Could it be cooled down to the point of being stale? I think the placebo effect is important and the fun factor is important. :rofl:

@Andy Capp beautiful stems. @phattpiggie cool to see all the varied materials and styles over the 3 years. Both of your work is humbling and inspiring.

@stark1 this just inspires me to go eat an Italian Sub for lunch!! Edit: You are such a "shill" guy you can shill for me anytime. :brow:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Did you mean to say, “Your work is both humbling and inspiring”, @RogueGuy? ;)

No. You meant both of you whose work is humbling and inspiring is both humbling and inspiring. Mea culpa.

Sometimes I do left handed reading. :wave: Waves

BTW a shilling for your thoughts, what are you offering your new shilled line?

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Half the enjoyment I get from this thread, is, EASILY...

The conversations!

Dynavaps or no Dynavaps, your comments and posts are always fun to read, and I always have a blast talking to all of you!

The OTHER half...

ALL of you Accessory Makers!

If I win the Mega Millions or some similar Lottery, I WILL be making the LARGEST, all at once,
VCAS, purchase in recorded history!

The various pieces from ALL of your collections of work, are absolutely awe-inspiring!

I hate singling any of you out, but,
@phattpiggie

Just... WOW!

The one from the video that really messed me up the most was the pinky sized stem that looks like little more than a mouthpiece on the tip!

Was that just for fun and laughs or is that,
"daily driver functional" ? Either way, it looked cool as shit!

Definitely, some really cool looking new glass coming from @RogueGuy as well! Can't wait to ride...

"Tha Roller Coaster"!

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

@thejackalsmark When you cross the "Equator" and the "International Date Line" at the same time you are a "Royal Shellback". Second time across the Equator, no hazing , but became "Royal". Doc

Niiiice!

Mine was only a one way trip, (no IDL) and never got the opportunity to go across again...

yet! lol

By your leave, Your Majesty.

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:
Top Bottom