stark1

Lonesome Planet
TJM, the mystery of glass is that eventually it WILL break.

(That’s why some of us have duplicates.)

At 99 cents per, in bulk you potentially have an endless supply of OG glass hosts.

No big deal. Sorry for your loss.

@Xclerk round beads may be a better fit than the irregular shaped beads?

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
sorry to see your glass stem popped...fortunately you werent cut

yes, those slight variations in the tips can be a problem...as a stem maker, I discovered that my ss tips(18) are slightly louser fitting than my Ti tips. I assumed it was because when maching Ti, the Ti can push back on the tooling, resulting in a slightly less cut.

so the shadow tips are slightly tighter than the Ti? I dont have a shadow...does the black surface include the tip, and include the tip area where the hi temp o rings are? Try ti asertain if the shadow finish is adding thickness

Thank you for your condolences on my recent loss. *sniff*

My Wife and Kids personally thought that he was shallow and transparent, with a fragile ego.

But they didn't know him like I did. He was strong, Brave, and when put to the fire he always held up like a champ!

But, alas, he was cut down in the prime of his life... Prison raped by a bad Shadow M tip! "BASTARRRD!" *sniff sniff*

Sorry man. It's still too soon.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, on the shadow m pretty much everything is blacked out except the condenser.

The shadow tips do seem tighter in a stem than my titanium tip.

BUT after you asking the question earlier, it made me really look over my shadow m tips.

As it turns out, my original bad Shadow M tip was the culprit on this one.

In addition to the zero airflow that existed before I took a file to the edges, the bottom of the tip that goes into the stem was actually ever so slightly OVAL versus the Perfect Circle that it should have been.

IMG-20190713-222535.jpg

(And the other side of that awesome Irish coffee mug for those who were curious. :brow:
)
IMG-20190713-225950.jpg

Anyway,
That detail I'd only even noticed just a few minutes ago when I thoroughly inspected both Shadow M tips together.

The newer good Shadow M tip was the one that I actually managed to get into that glass stem, and even that had been barely.

The original tip was the one that I was going to swap into it and see how it performed with my filings.

The slight oval to that bottom area of the tip is definitely what gave me the extra resistance and broke the glass.

Live and learn. (Hopefully)

Oh YEAAAAH , by the way,

"Duplicates", you say, @stark1?
IMG-20190713-223724.jpg

I practice what I preach. :cool::tup:

His brothers will avenge his death. :lol: :D :rofl: :rockon:

Happy Vaping! :leaf::spliff::smug:

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
When you filed the tip, did you have it in a vise, or sonething that could have caused the oval? If the answer is no, then I would contact DV for a replacement

If the answer is yes...well, that must have been one badass grip to crimp stainless steel.. Im not sure that is even possible without using hydrolics Didnt DV do a vid of them driving a big truck over a vapcap?

in any case, Id send a pic to DV

thejackalsmark

When you filed the tip, did you have it in a vise, or sonething that could have caused the oval? If the answer is no, then I would contact DV for a replacement

If the answer is yes...well, that must have been one badass grip to crimp stainless steel.. Im not sure that is even possible without using hydrolics Didnt DV do a vid of them driving a big truck over a vapcap?

in any case, Id send a pic to DV

No Vice or anything. Just held it while filing the edge of the tip with a rat tail. Contacted dynavap back when I originally bought the Shadow and they already sent a replacement tip. That's what was actually in the glass stem when I decided to give my original Shadow M tip a try.

But given the tightness of the good Shadow M tip. I would say there's definitely a difference between the shadow M tips and the titanium tips. It's ever so slight. But definitely thicker versus more loose.

Happy Vaping!

juanavape

I've been test driving my new dynacoil for the last few days, ti tip and (dark) wooden stem in a mini bubbler. very pleased with the results, not quite as sweet as the quartz banger but much nicer than cooking on coils. My only concern is with how hot the tip gets where in contact with the wood, I've oiled it up pretty heavily......but...... has anybody ever had one crack/split from it getting too hot ?

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Anyone got a source for some quality glass beads? I'd like them for a stem I've got coming in the mail

Is my best bet to go to a local craft store?

Congrats! We love our TRWW glass stem. What'd you get?

On the glass balls, I suggest you try before you buy. I know they're cheap but I haven't found any need to add them so I might as well save a couple bucks. Lots of folks like them, though, so whatever makes you happy!

thejackalsmark

has anybody ever had one crack/split from it getting too hot ?

I've heard of it happening more than once to more than one person, yes. But....

If you wax your wood, frequently,, and thoroughly...

*Looks around nervously* :brow:

you shouldn't have any problems.

I'm currently attending the wake for my recently slain OG Chillum stem. ("My Old Friend, John" is attending, so I'll at least be here until he's gone. :nod:)

So I'll get back to that and bid everyone a good evening. :tup:

IMG-20190714-004825.jpg

Happy Vaping! :wave:

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Xclerk you will figure it out some day. Rub the Buddhas belly and meditate on it. BTW you got me really into Circuit training.

66690474_838749409840925_2755397824496533504_n.jpg

@stark1 you are so pimpin!! Rolling with your fully loaded OG Chillum dispenser!! :spliff:

@thejackalsmark all the Jack Daniels and Pizza in the world wont fill that void. They dont make high heat o rings big enough to seal up that hole in your heart. Only time, and many, many, many, many, did i say many? cap-fulls will heal the wounds.

thejackalsmark

@Xclerk you will figure it out some day. Rub the Buddhas belly and meditate on it. BTW you got me really into Circuit training.

66690474_838749409840925_2755397824496533504_n.jpg

@stark1 you are so pimpin!! Rolling with your fully loaded OG Chillum dispenser!! :spliff:

@thejackalsmark all the Jack Daniels and Pizza in the world wont fill that void. They dont make high heat o rings big enough to seal up that hole in your heart. Only time, and many, many, many, many, did i say many? cap-fulls will heal the wounds.

I know, that Buddha, right?
Makes me want to sell one of the kids and go get one, right now!

*Reassures wifey, who heard that voice typed and gives the stink eye*
(It's just jokes, babe! Please put down the gun!) :rofl:

Yeah, I'm healing.
It's a process. :lol:

Luckily, the day after I bought that particular stem, I was impressed enough with it to go back and buy three more as emergency backups. Tip fittings in those are a little iffy but doable. :tup:

Also, thanks for including me in the beta testing for that new tool.

I watched the video. That looks to be exceptionally useful!

I got a chance to watch your other videos and subscribe to your YouTube channel as well.

My favorites are the one where you test the frankensteined set up for the contest, and the clip of you riding the dirt trails and skiing.

Now I really want to move the family to Ashland! Wifey is in agreement with that plan,
as well. :D

Oh, and for any of you who haven't tried it before, that honey flavored Jack Daniels is simply outstanding! I highly recommend trying a bottle.

So with that said, "My Old Friend John" (Music fans out there, Have you seen him? ;) ) and I are going to spark a couple of capfuls together before he's gone. :rofl::rockon:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :spliff: :popcorn::smug:

thejackalsmark

I hear ya. I liked the one I received the other day enough that I just ordered a spare.

After Today's tragedy, I'm very very seriously tempted to order one more of @RogueGuy 's reclaim stems to cover my ass, even though I haven't even received the first one and tested it out yet. (Tight budget this week limited me to 1)

If it's half as impressive as the rest of you say it is, I'd be extremely pissed to somehow break the thing and not have a backup.

hmmmm... maybe I can fudge the light bill till next payday. :rofl:

Only one left on the site right now and I think he said he's got like 10 more. I might have to beg and or bribe him to set me one aside so I can still get a backup. LOL

I think there were originally 40 available on the site. When they go quick like that they're generally pretty good! :tup:

Happy Vaping! :wave:

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Found it!!!!
DynaVap glass stems shillers, shilling worst nightmare!!!! jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
If you buy 12x, it’s $3/each I believe.
Sorry guys.
Someone needs to bring the light jajajajajaja
There are hundreds of glass stems like this. You just need to look for them.
Ask for dimensions, to match the DynaVap tips, to different stems, and there are plenty of cheap silicone o-rings selections to chose from, that will fit the tips.
Stay vaped.

C896-BC9-E-1-F0-D-4-EEF-89-D3-C25-BB83-F02-A6.png

https://simpleglasspipe.com/The-Original-OG-Chillum-Made-in-USA

stark1

Lonesome Planet
uploading sites for free

On the glass balls, I suggest you try before you buy. I know they're cheap but I haven't found any need to add them so I might as well save a couple bucks. Lots of folks like them, though, so whatever makes you happy!

I may have to agree with you Moses. May be more hype than effective.

But, whatever floats one’s boat. Looks kinda “cool”.

Must be losing my marbles.

Flash. Manhatten’s West Side experienced a blackout last night, 42 years after the infamous Blackout of ‘77, where most of the City went dark.

Last edited:

caseball2051

Nice, I got a TRWW glass stem coming tomorrow and thought it was a good opportunity to try them. I doubt they're needed but I like to try things... But good suggestion on waiting.

I ended up buying the 6mm glass balls someone linked me to earlier.

thejackalsmark

uploading sites for free

I may have to agree with you Moses. May be more hype than effective.

But, whatever floats one’s boat. Looks kinda “cool”.

Must be losing my marbles.

Flash. Manhatten’s West Side experienced a blackout last night, 42 years after the infamous Blackout of ‘77, where most of the City went dark.

Manhatten. Ever eaten at Delmonico's? Mmmmm!
https://delmonicos.com/
A weeee bit pricey, ;) but imho,
You'll be hard-pressed to have a better Italian dinner, this side of the pond... :nod:
Unless you were invited to dinner at someone's home. :lol:

@caseball2051 the glass beads DO make a noticeable difference. It's just not dramatic. If someone is expecting to get brain freeze, they're probably going to be a little let down. :lol:

I've had fun playing with my glass balls... *Looks around nervously again* :brow:

Happy Vaping! :mmmm: :bigleaf:

Last edited:

Papi

SevGen
I actually think I have around 10 left.

I may get more.......but, I'm meeting with a glass blower on Thursday to discuss a custom piece..........stay tuned
I got my RWW glass stem yesterday , ahead of schedule, so I guess the o rings came in early. Adding to my rotation today. Thanks RWW

I've been test driving my new dynacoil for the last few days, ti tip and (dark) wooden stem in a mini bubbler. very pleased with the results, not quite as sweet as the quartz banger but much nicer than cooking on coils. My only concern is with how hot the tip gets where in contact with the wood, I've oiled it up pretty heavily......but...... has anybody ever had one crack/split from it getting too hot ?
I only use my dynacoil assigned tip with metal stems/bodies for that very reason. I've never had the wood or glass stems crack , yet, but don't really want to chance it with the "extra" heat I apply for concentrates. Many people use the coil with glass and wood stems without an issue tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Publicly calling out a member is not allowed. Warning point issued.
Morning everyone.

Just an FYI, @Zangano Cruel is my hater from the Vape Life Forum. He looks for any opportunity to talk shit about me.

I have never had a single negative thing to say about him. In fact I like his posts, follow his IG, etc.

He thinks the things I sell are shitty quality and that I'm ripping people off. He believes I'm in this to separate you from your money.

I dont engage @Zangano Cruel in conversation here or other forums. I have repeatedly tried to communicate with him via PM to give him an opportunity to say to my face what he needs to. But he does not respond. He would rather just take random pot shots at me.

And thats OK. @Zangano Cruel, thank you for challenging my patients. You have given me a gift, the opportunity to grow and become a better person. I have taken your best, ignored it and risen above. I feel so good about myself and the progress i have made.

In the end there is only one thing that matters to me and that is that my customers are happy. I believe they are, and I believe they appreciate my transparency and that I treat them with respect. To that end, I'm going to just keep doing what I do.

Vape On!!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@RogueGuy I wouldn't worry too much. That guy really brings nothing to any conversation besides a massive ego, and a condescending attitude.

Really like your offerings and the way you interact on here (and other places I have seen you) - Keep on doing your thing :D

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Morning everyone.

Just an FYI, @Zangano Cruel is my hater from the Vape Life Forum. He looks for any opportunity to talk shit about me.

I have never had a single negative thing to say about him. In fact I like his posts, follow his IG, etc.

He thinks the things I sell are shitty quality and that I'm ripping people off. He believes I'm in this to separate you from your money.

I dont engage @Zangano Cruel in conversation here or other forums. I have repeatedly tried to communicate with him via PM to give him an opportunity to say to my face what he needs to. But he does not respond. He would rather just take random pot shots at me.

And thats OK. @Zangano Cruel, thank you for challenging my patients. You have given me a gift, the opportunity to grow and become a better person. I have taken your best, ignored it and risen above. I feel so good about myself and the progress i have made.

In the end there is only one thing that matters to me and that is that my customers are happy. I believe they are, and I believe they appreciate my transparency and that I treat them with respect. To that end, I'm going to just keep doing what I do.

Vape On!!
@RogueGuy if you feel you are being harassed publicly, please use the report feature and do not call members out publicly like this if you'd like to avoid further warning points.

@Zangano Cruel You are on thin ice here so I suggest you tread lightly. Also I don't think the word "shilling" means what you think it does. Use of that word will likely get you warning points if you continue.

:peace:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Stu noted. Sorry, i did not feel like i was calling him out, rather just enlightening the people on this thread about the nature and history of our relationship.

But..................................................................................................

Top Bottom