3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I gotta be honest I'm not impressed with DynaVap's customer support (or lack of). I had a bunch of problems with my NonaVong XLS (loose screen, tip O-ring that's about to snap off due to rubbing on the wood despite me using lip balm on it, and my original cap stopped working and combusts every time (so I bought a replacement for an additional 25 dollars, even though I don't think it was my fault) - all within 2 weeks of getting it. I emailed them multiple inquires and they all got ignored. I called a week after not getting a replied, they told me oh yeah we got your emails we've just been busy, and he asked me to email pictures. I did, this was a week ago, I still have yet to hear ANYTHING back.. I first emailed them 3 weeks ago.

Honestly I would have just charged back at this point but I got it from PuffitUp and they've always been super helpful, they've even sent me replacement O-rings when I told them my O ring is disintegrating, my first issue.. I don't want to screw them over for a manufacturer issue . But it's ridiculous how DynaVap seems to just ignore me flat out.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I gotta be honest I'm not impressed with DynaVap's customer support (or lack of). I had a bunch of problems with my NonaVong XLS (loose screen, tip O-ring that's about to snap off due to rubbing on the wood despite me using lip balm on it, and my original cap stopped working and combusts every time (so I bought a replacement for an additional 25 dollars, even though I don't think it was my fault) - all within 2 weeks of getting it. I emailed them multiple inquires and they all got ignored. I called a week after not getting a replied, they told me oh yeah we got your emails we've just been busy, and he asked me to email pictures. I did, this was a week ago, I still have yet to hear ANYTHING back.. I first emailed them 3 weeks ago.

Honestly I would have just charged back at this point but I got it from PuffitUp and they've always been super helpful, they've even sent me replacement O-rings when I told them my O ring is disintegrating, my first issue.. I don't want to screw them over for a manufacturer issue . But it's ridiculous how DynaVap seems to just ignore me flat out.
DynaVap’s customer service has always been nothing short of incredible in my and most of the people’s here experience. They ARE very busy, so it sometimes takes them a little.

If you remove your tip often you will need to replace o-rings. Using Dyna wax will prolong them. I almost never remove my tips. Maybe a few times a year. You can check to make sure the inside of your nonavong is smooth, or try adding wax there as well.

The screens sometimes get bent. To straighten them, you can place them on a flat hard surface and hammer them. Or just try a new one. I typically don’t ever remove my screens, and very rarely use anything but the largest setting in the titanium tips since I can still use tiny amounts of material regardless of chamber size so it doesn’t matter where my screen is set.

You can test the cap for function easily by doing a “dry run”, heating a cap on an empty tip. First, shake the cap to ensure the disc inside rattles. If not, try to clean the inside out with an iso q-tip as it may have become gunked up a little. Next, place the cap on an empty tip on your stem. If you heat on the side, more towards the top of the cap (furthest away from the mouthpiece), it will click faster at a lower temperature. If you heat on the side of the cap, but more towards the digger (closer to the mouthpiece but still on the cap), it will click slower at a hotter temperature.

If it doesn’t click at all, you have a defective cap.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
After re-cleaning the dynavap this morning, I tried to put on the tip that was giving me trouble last night. Unfortunately it still wouldn’t go in and it looks like one of the O rings has a tear in it. I’m really disappointed since I haven’t even used this tip for anything yet. I’ve emailed Dynavap and am waiting for a response.

Monk Debate,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
They have great support and are directly involved with their customers.
BUT they are still a small company and have a ton of customers to support.

Try giving em a few more calls until you get em. I am sure they will take as great of care of you as all their other customers.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Not sure if this has been found out or discussed yet but I ordered a new cap and received it a week ago - it arrived much shinier than I seem my original NonaVong cap came as and when torching it produces an effect just like if you torched the titanium condenser in one of DynaVap's videos, a purpley gradient of sorts that still is not dulling after a week of 3+ bowls a day.

So I think the new caps and the 2019M cap may now be made of titanium.. do you think its the case?

Here are two pictures I've taken. New (possibly titanium cap) is on the left, one week of usage. Cap on right is standard SS cap with 2 weeks of use.

Notice in the darker picture (used flash which dimmed everything) how the left cap reflects the flash whereas the right cap doesn't.

In the normal picture you can see the new cap is not dull like the right cap and has a slightly purple gradient to it after having torched it over a week. Bit more pronounced and pretty in real life and hasn't really changed after the first day or two, I don't think

edit sorry I can't figure out how to embed these but here is a link to the two pictures on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/bI8Ipj9

new one has numbers on the cap (on mine under made in usa, mine reads 15257)

I also weighed the two and they weigh roughly the same, .808g for the new cap and .817g for old
bI8Ipj9

bI8Ipj9

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Here are two pictures I've taken. New (possibly titanium cap) is on the left, one week of usage. Cap on right is standard SS cap with 2 weeks of use.

Notice in the darker picture (used flash which dimmed everything) how the left cap reflects the flash whereas the right cap doesn't.

In the normal picture you can see the new cap is not dull like the right cap and has a slightly purple gradient to it after having torched it over a week. Bit more pronounced and pretty in real life

edit sorry I can't figure out how to embed these but here is a link to the two pictures on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/bI8Ipj9

new one has numbers on the cap (on mine under made in usa, mine reads 15257)
bI8Ipj9

bI8Ipj9
Imgur doesn’t work here. Try using postimage or tiny pic.

Chandler

@3dfx-glide patience is King my brother(or sister)... I'm relatively new to the dynaverse. However during my first two weeks, I Damaged my first cap and lost the second cap from my second M as I had purchased 2. It took (weeks, maybe 2?) longer than I had wanted for a response, but when I did get a response they took of care of me. George (creator of vapcap) even reached out to me here in the forum which was unexpected and much appreciated. I'm glad I didn't lose my shit! Even Till now I've kept the secret George asked me to keep!! :cool:

Jethro

I need a double stash unit! Any suggestions? I wish I had got one years ago when George offered one. :doh: I need both a metal tip and a ti tip part of my daily carry now that I have my Fluxer Deluxe heater. I may have to make my own I guess... but it won't be near as nice as the Dynavap cases.

MasonJar

2 primary advantages that I can see. The first is the ability to use the air hole to control the density of your hits. The air hole allows you to mix come fresh air with the vapor you are getting from the tip which may be easier on your throat and lungs.
The second advantage is for easier cleaning. The condenser collects all the honey from the vape and can be cleaned with an ISO soaked Q-tip. It also allows you to use a wood body or stem without having to worry about cleaning honey from it.

If you find you are always keeping the air hole closed or want the densest hits possible and have no concerns about cleaning your stem you can use a stem with no air hole and skip the condenser completely. There is no advantage to using a condenser in a stem with no air hole like @DDave s glass wands or @stardustsailor s beautiful Ti artwork.

I am finding that I much prefer not to play with the carb when using my Vapcaps... I might end up using the SS Tip on a ddavemods water wand. I have been using these water wands V2 (with Ti tips) and prefer them even compared to my OmniVong XL.

Bongs05.jpg

I already modded my SS tip and filed notches... Its draw when mounted to the water wand is now very similar to that of the Ti tip on the water wand.

Dynavap07.jpg

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
@3dfx-glide patience is King my brother(or sister)... I'm relatively new to the dynaverse. However during my first two weeks, I Damaged my first cap and lost the second cap from my second M as I had purchased 2. It took (weeks, maybe 2?) longer than I had wanted for a response, but when I did get a response they took of care of me. George (creator of vapcap) even reached out to me here in the forum which was unexpected and much appreciated. I'm glad I didn't lose my shit! Even Till now I've kept the secret George asked me to keep!! :cool:

Great to hear that they're not purposefully ignoring the problems I've had! Thanks for the kind words

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I need a double stash unit! Any suggestions? I wish I had got one years ago when George offered one. :doh: I need both a metal tip and a ti tip part of my daily carry now that I have my Fluxer Deluxe heater. I may have to make my own I guess... but it won't be near as nice as the Dynavap cases.
reach out to DynaVap. They have made two vapcap in one stashes before upon request.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I am finding that I much prefer not to play with the carb when using my Vapcaps... I might end up using the SS Tip on a ddavemods water wand. I have been using these water wands V2 (with Ti tips) and prefer them even compared to my OmniVong XL.

Bongs05.jpg

I already modded my SS tip and filed notches... Its draw when mounted to the water wand is now very similar to that of the Ti tip on the water wand.

Dynavap07.jpg

I have that exact bubbler that’s on the right in your photo. I may have to get a water wand too!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
After re-cleaning the dynavap this morning, I tried to put on the tip that was giving me trouble last night. Unfortunately it still wouldn’t go in and it looks like one of the O rings has a tear in it. I’m really disappointed since I haven’t even used this tip for anything yet. I’ve emailed Dynavap and am waiting for a response.

Cheryl from Dynavap customer service and is sending out a set of high temp O rings plus a sample of their wax to help get them on. I appreciate that level of service!

Zoned89

Not sure if this has been found out or discussed yet but I ordered a new cap and received it a week ago - it arrived much shinier than I seem my original NonaVong cap came as and when torching it produces an effect just like if you torched the titanium condenser in one of DynaVap's videos, a purpley gradient of sorts that still is not dulling after a week of 3+ bowls a day.

So I think the new caps and the 2019M cap may now be made of titanium.. do you think its the case?

I pulled a stupid and toasted my black shadow cap, so I had to order a new one. The cap I got has a different style logo I think, and mine turned a golden color when torched. Has a number like the shadow cap had as well, so seems new caps are out there.

Unrelated, I’m seeing a lot of posts elsewhere that cbd isolate, and terpine infused cbd isolate isn’t Doug so hot in the vapcap with the new concentrate adapter.
Any chance someone here wants to throw me in the direction of something simple I can use for iso on the go? Something I can just plug into my ecig mod would be nice, but I don’t like those ooze pen style things, I want something nice that doesn’t look hella sketch.
Legit considering mixing the terpines and isolate into pg and throwing some sort of limited flavoring in there and just making one of my rda’s A cbd only setup, but again I’d prefer not to use pg and “dab” it without taking my rig to work. (That would be a very odd conversation)
Cbd flower, however is amazing in the vapcap, best thing I’ve ever used, but even putting the iso on the flower it didn’t really do it for me, and the terp taste was muted by the cbd flower taste, which is practically a crime. Tasty terps are tasty

Zoned89,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I had a much better second session. I was more confident and competent with the torch and carb.

I did four heat cycles, all excellent. The first one had a ton of taste. The second had taste and vapor, the third and fourth had more vapor but less taste. I never got any bad tastes or burnt tastes, just less pungent flavor.

I had a better sense of the cap heat up and cool down times. I held the Dynavap closer to the flame than I did yesterday, which made things faster, and I was pacing my draws so that the cap would click almost the moment I put it on the magnet.

Hits three and four felt a little hot, but I never felt like I had to cough or was inhaling smoke. I will get an XL one at some point for the extra cooling.

When I popped the cap off, everything was very evenly vaped. I was really impressed with how uniform the browning was.

Tonight’s session was the kind of thing I was hoping to get out of the Dynavap. I love the ritual of heating with the torch, and the feedback I get from the clicks. The vapor is flavorful and plentiful, and it’s so damn efficient. I’ve never been a microdosing guy but this is efficient enough to make me change my mind. I am loving this vaporizer and can’t wait to try it with my bubbler on Thursday.

Shorner

Had my M for nearly a week now and I'm absolutely gob smacked with this little device!!
I always hear mine at the bottom of the cap for maximum vapor and it really does hit like a train and so efficient and tasty..I haven't used my flower pot since I've had this, wish I had tried one ages ago as I probably wouldn't of bought a lot of the vapes I have as this little thing ticks all the boxes for me:)

Chandler

this little thing ticks all the boxes for me
I feel I've suffered temporary insanity over this lil vaporizer. I went @Squiby level nuts since 2019 began! I swear, once I get a discount on 2 dynacoils. I'm (going to do my best) DONE for 2019 in the world of vape!

I've gone full dynavap. I've gone off the deep end, theres no looking back now. Too much invested. The most I've invested.. I look to the future and wonder, will there be another vaporizer to take my heart away? Thing is, 2019 I've realised I'm at the roads end. I don't care to collect/try every new electronic vaporizers that comes out. Done with that. I'd rather support this community and add functional art from @Ed's TnT, @phattpiggie etc... To my arsenal. These artists add class to the experience.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I feel I've suffered temporary insanity over this lil vaporizer. I went @Squiby level nuts since 2019 began! I swear, once I get a discount on 2 dynacoils. I'm (going to do my best) DONE for 2019 in the world of vape!

I've gone full dynavap. I've gone off the deep end, theres no looking back now. Too much invested. The most I've invested.. I look to the future and wonder, will there be another vaporizer to take my heart away? Thing is, 2019 I've realised I'm at the roads end. I don't care to collect/try every new electronic vaporizers that comes out. Done with that. I'd rather support this community and add functional art from @Ed's TnT, @phattpiggie etc... To my arsenal. These artists add class to the experience.

Hey hey and thanks for the support, am very thankful for it and know @phattpiggie is as well. Gotta be honest VAS is hell and WAS is just as much of a bear to deal with. Have been in touch with George yesterday getting a few texts from him while he was at the gate bout to board the plane for Spain. Also spoke with Phatts yesterday, am really excited to meet both these guys and many others there in Barcelona, will be a blast. Really appreciate everyone here and in the community for the encouragement and support, makes what I love worth every minute of the hard work.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Customer service has been suffering a bit as DV have grown.
Someone reached out to them on IG and heard nothing back.
They'd been waiting weeks for a reply to an email and a couple of public posts on IG seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I suggested they join FC so they could contact George direct and it worked.
If you are having problems with their CS then go down this route.
The only way George will know his team are failing people is if you tell him.

@Chandler as Ed says we both appreciate the encouragement and support this community has and continues to show us. We are both true to our word and stand by our products, happy customers tend to be return customers.
All my customers are equally as important to me but the ones who come back help reinforce the fact I'm doing something right.

Chandler I've no want for any other vape the VC does everything I need it to. The ritual and interaction never has that sterile feeling other vapes do.

This time tomorrow I'm hoping to be sat with a cold beer on a sunny Barcelona street.
@Aezhenn, @duff, @Ed's TnT, @Padriano and myself are looking forward to getting stuck in to some fine Spanish weed, trates, food and beer.
Great times with great company.
We are also excited to meet with everyone and anyone over the weekend.

Any questions you have for George then let me know and I'll pin him down for some answers, straight from the horses mouth rather than forum whispers.

Chryos

I decided to file agressively the notches in my Ti Tips to obtain a much better "full vapor" airflow. And guy THIS IS AMAZING. I draw so easily on it even with the carb hole closed. I ajusted my Omnis to be more restricted and now for the same airflow as before I have a much dense vapor, this a game changer !

It was maybe useless to file them deeper than the channels (helixes) but I really wanna saw what would happened. You can file them to just the bottom of the channels and this will do the same job I think, and for more airflow you should not going deeper but going wider instead (like the "wings" of certain tip, but much more pronounced). It would be more effective because it would widen the exit of the channels.

I asked myself about the change in temperature inside the tip with more airflow inside. First I thought that more airflow would result of a drop in temperature inside, then that at the opposite that a more wide opening would result in a slower air speed inside so the the temperature would rise. But in fact I thing this doesn't change the quantity nor the speed of air that would flow inside the tip, because this is just regulated by our own speed of drawing (but I can be wrong). So this mod doesn't affect the operating temperature, just and easier drawing for a full vapor shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom