mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So this is the hottest I could get this guy before combustion, 4th heating cycle 3 seconds after one click no cool down. The vape is warm but not hot, I went through 6 caps to get this :smug: The glass piece gets up to 150F and is still easy to handle.
Solid Ti 5mm through hole. I will make the mouthpiece longer, and yes I do know I have the cheapest digi thermometer on the planet, I already had it. No I am not a hand model. :rofl:
2dwc4g7.jpg
Hey Andy, loving your work.
If your post is in response to the earlier discussions, I think what was being discussed earlier was the concept of a "all in one" single piece tip and stem... Your pictured device looks like it is still using the VC tip with orings, hence creating a thermal insulation of the heated tip and the stem where you hold...

And just to be clear, as i feel there is more than one confused post in terms of understanding what is being discussed...
The condenser is irrelevant, the point being made is that if you don't have the tip separated from the body by the orings, you will essentially be holding a 10cm long tube while heating one end of it with a lighter. And the betting is that the whole tube will get pretty damn hot in your hands.

Yes a much larger/thicker tube will help, but how much larger and thicker would it need to be?

Sorry if I've miss-interpreted the miss-iterpretation!

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
Hey Andy, loving your work.
If your post is in response to the earlier discussions, I think what was being discussed earlier was the concept of a "all in one" single piece tip and stem... Your pictured device looks like it is still using the VC tip with orings, hence creating a thermal insulation of the heated tip and the stem where you hold...
Yeah I realized that after the fact or maybe I just wanted show a wip. :rofl: But yeah a one piece would get too hot. Besides I’m not trying to cut out the good folks at DV.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I've been doing my best to read through this thread but there is a LOT of material! lol I'm thinking of picking up an Omni XL titanium and Port Side induction heater but had a couple of questions, if I may:

1. Do you feel that an induction heater works as well as a torch lighter for full extraction with the vapcap?
  2. What extra/replacement parts should I get with my purchase (i.e. seals, screens, etc.)?
  3. Do you feel that this vaporizer is efficient with herb?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Brushed Nickel Magnetic Push Pins - (12 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVW8945/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4pbGCbWTK78TK

These things are great for everything, including the DV! I stash them everywhere, on my heaters, under a metallic lid, I even drilled a hole in one for my “Bud Pick”. You can remove a HOT cap before it clicks to check it or empty your cap, it pulls even stubborn(not stuck) caps off no problem. Not sure how they are magnetized but they work.
1-F286-C1-E-89-CC-42-BD-8731-F4428-CE01967.jpg

0-CCF33-EF-9-CCC-4682-8-BDF-92-C2000-EBE5-A.jpg

7-FF95-D14-89-A6-4-CEE-A961-12910-CAE93-C5.jpg

E957-C3-EF-5-D11-495-D-9-E56-B1-AC05-F748-E4.jpg

BCFDD991-E60-B-49-C4-A4-B1-E6-CC871069-C5.jpg

EE18-C8-A2-0-F3-F-45-CB-9-F81-CA13-D92-C755-C.jpg

827-D2312-856-A-4-C8-A-B5-C9-97-AE32847-A33.jpg

4218-C9-E2-C047-40-F8-9-B6-C-A36-DECFB7-D35.jpg

7-CD7-F029-0-C4-D-4-FFA-B4-DC-A2-ABD82-B5-ADE.jpg

Thank you so much for this recommendation! I took an old Magic Flight tin and stuck five of these on the underside of the lid, one at each corner and one in the center. I added a few tools in the box and once the Dynavap arrives (should be today), that will be my makeshift Dynastash.

And you weren’t kidding, those magnets are strong!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I've been doing my best to read through this thread but there is a LOT of material! lol I'm thinking of picking up an Omni XL titanium and Port Side induction heater but had a couple of questions, if I may:

1. Do you feel that an induction heater works as well as a torch lighter for full extraction with the vapcap?
  2. What extra/replacement parts should I get with my purchase (i.e. seals, screens, etc.)?

1-absolutely!
2-o rings, screens. A cap if you want extra security. (Or just pick up an M as a backu..)
3-extremely. Set at the smallest bowl setting, it’s insane how good the effects are for the amount used..

AtomicPB

Hey @WildChild , the Omni is an excellent choice.

1. An induction heater compliments every Vapcap nicely. The extraction is about the same for me and it is more convenient than a torch.

2. If you are located in the US you are actually fine with the Omni only and just order the tuff you need later. But some screens and a maintenance package from the Dynavap Website won't hurt either.

3. With the Omni or any titanium tip you can adjust the bowl size. For me it works on the smallest setting with about 0.05g of herbs. So it is very efficient in my eyes.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the your Vapcap when it arrives and report how you like it. You can't go wrong with it. :)

Edit:

Argh, @KidFated. , I knew someone is gonna be faster on this thread. Fastest thread in the universe ... :lol:

Last edited:

Squiby

Do you feel that an induction heater works as well as a torch lighter for full extraction with the vapcap?
Yes. I enjoy using an Aomia single jet lighter, an Honest quad jet lighter, a Pipes Induction Heater and even a candle flame. They all will fully extract the goodies from your herb. The induction heater is convenient and doesn't require twirling your VapCap to heat it, while using the lighters are more ritualistic. A candle has a certain romantic element. There are so many ways to heat your Vapcap. They all work wonderfully

What extra/replacement parts should I get with my purchase (i.e. seals, screens, etc.)?
Check out my post below in my signature entitled VapCap First Aid Kit. It gives you options for stocking extras to have on had. A few replacement parts will likey last a lifetime.

Do you feel that this vaporizer is efficient with herb?
The VapCap is an astonishingly efficient vaporizer. You will be shocked how little herb you need to get you where you want to go. I like to lose my VapCap herb chamber with a tiny nug that I've pulled off a flower. The usual amount is 0.015gm. Just a tiny amount. I don't even grind my herb. It's like magic.

Welcome to the wonderful Dynaverse!!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

1) Yes, just as good, if not better in my experiences. Significantly more convenient and consistent.

2) A dynacoil, maybe extra orings and a fat mouthpiece maybe? Getting an M for a spare tip/cap is not a bad idea either.

3) The most efficient portable I've used. If I am trying to stretch my stash, I am guaranteed to use solely the vapcap til I reup.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Agree, the basic or deluxe (if you need a torch) Dynakit is a great backup. I like having a few spare parts around, just in case.

I love my Flux Deluxe IH. I've never used a PSM but it's been around awhile and has tons of great reviews. You really can't go wrong either way. And I like to break out my torch sometimes, too. It's good to have options.

Chandler

Had a rough week with my psm. Think I should be alright now. Later tests will ensue! But meantime, I had to use a torch. I faced many situations, even -10°c wind in my face no gloves... Was annoyed a touch every time because I'm dreaming of the convenience of my psm... But every session was satisfying. I Did a dab with my squiby coil and brought it past the limits with torch and that was great as well!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm currently working up in the Canadian Arctic for a few more weeks but will order in April when I head back to Ontario. I'm really looking forward to trying this one out!
Your questions are well answered, but I will add that if you intend to bring a VapCap back with you to the Arctic you may want to choose something wood rather than metal what won't pick up the cold as much. And an IH is definitely a better option than spinning in a torch flame in the very cold. But back in Ontario the only limits are your imagination and many/most of us have several to choose from. Once you have one you will likely get more... :p

Squiby

I see someone here mention taking a full small nug and putting it in the chamber, what are the advantages of a nug versus grinding?
Convenience mainly. I store an intact flower bud in a glass jar. Unground it maintains its moisture level and doesn't dry out excessively too quickly.

I'm an old timer. Years ago when combustion was the name of the game, bud was ground by hand, plucked apart, right before rolling it into a joint. I've just continued this practise with vaping. I don't have a grinder mainly because I never understood the need for one.

So, I just pluck a tiny nug from a flower, pop it into my VapCap and away we go. Easy peasy convenience.

The cons is that you may not fully extract if you stuff your chamber with a big nug. In this case you can pop it out and crumble it back into your chamber for a few more tokes. But I find small little nug doesn't require this extra step.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Convenience mainly. I store an intact flower bud in a glass jar. Unground it maintains its moisture level and doesn't dry out excessively too quickly.

I'm an old timer. Years ago when combustion was the name of the game, bud was ground by hand, plucked apart, right before rolling it into a joint. I've just continued this practise with vaping. I don't have a grinder mainly because I never understood the need for one.

So, I just pluck a tiny nug from a flower, pop it into my VapCap and away we go. Easy peasy convenience.

The cons is that you may not fully extract if you stuff your chamber with a big nug. In this case you can pop it out and crumble it back into your chamber for a few more tokes. But I find small little nug doesn't require this extra step.

Thanks! For a lot of the battery powered vapes, skipping the grind would result in a really reduced experience. I love the idea of just breaking off a small nug and setting the chamber to the smallest size (thankfully I ordered a Ti tip!).

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
also, and this is why I stopped using a grinder...particle dont get past the ccd(screen) as readily. When I first started with the the VC, I had to vape thru a water tool to prevent a irratated thrat. Once I started just a slight crumble on a piece from a nug...all is well

Top Bottom