roonsy

Do you think they’ll announce an improved Omni soon? I’d love to get the green one, but I’m afraid they’ll update it right after I buy it. Also, is the green one on the website XL? Because there’s no photo and it’s not clear if it’s the regular or XL.

Thanks.

Didn’t even realize he was following me. I’m still new to ig..

:lol:

I am also and have the same problem... I'll check every now and then and realize "oh, this person followed me weeks ago, woops"

Lots of cool people to follow, always on the lookout for more :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never really looked at this piece before. This blew my mind guys. I just stared at it for a half hour.

How many faces can you count in the sky? and I started seeing little robot people in the town area. Fuck.
That piece and many of his others are even more impressive in person. He was something. I can get lost even in his still lifes...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That piece and many of his others are even more impressive in person. He was something. I can get lost even in his still lifes...

Yeah, he created unique interpretations of light/color interaction and appearance of "flow" that's effected the way I see light and color in the environment around me ever since I was introduced to some of his more popular work in school years ago.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
After having some of my gear stolen ,i had to rely for a couple of days on the vapcap and it wasnt that bad even having in mind i do desktops all day.
I kind of wish there was a model like the m with the stem welded or screwed or just be one piece with the bowl.. I am a simple man i dont use condensers and carbholes and also dont like o-rings,it would be a great addition to the Dynavap lineup i think,also a little longer than the m would be great :).

Dutch-Mic

After having some of my gear stolen ,i had to rely for a couple of days on the vapcap and it wasnt that bad even having in mind i do desktops all day.
I kind of wish there was a model like the m with the stem welded or screwed or just be one piece with the bowl.. I am a simple man i dont use condensers and carbholes and also dont like o-rings,it would be a great addition to the Dynavap lineup i think,also a little longer than the m would be great :).

Sorry to read some of your gear has been stolen! If you're planning to use the Vapcap more often, maybe a Vapcap stem from the German Dreamwood suits your needs a bit better? No condenser and carb holes, only O-rings on the tip.

53nza0.jpg

53nza0.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

@Dutch-Mic I am not into wood airpath but i do love wood.If ever going to get a stem for the M ,it is going to be either from stardustsailor or maybe MRB .I think that SDS mentioned also prefers carbless and i bet there are also many others that prefer it that way.I imagine that i would want a stem like 18 cm long :D with all the craziest colors possible but that is still just a pipedream.
@KidFated. I imagine i would do just the same for cooling i dont imagine those tiny orings with their small surface area of contact to create any significant barrier from the heat transfer.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
swqm37.jpg
An integrated stem/tip fabricated from a single piece of SS/Ti, topped off with a VapCap
Would indeed make for a modern evolution of the venerable one hitter from the past.

1iewja.jpg

And, possibility,
A new product line for DynaVap.

Simplicity has its own beauty.

stark1 wow great collection of classic one hitters! I still have my brass bat from late '70s (i believe)...tho not pristin like yours

The bat design is one that I have "woodied" up

snamuh

ghost
An integrated stem/tip fabricated from a single piece of SS/Ti, topped off with a VapCap
Would indeed make for a modern evolution of the venerable one hitter from the past.

1iewja.jpg

And, possibility,
A new product line for DynaVap.

Simplicity has its own beauty.
That would be awesome.

Fixed tip/mouthpiece would be awesome. A low profile version for glass as well.

I feel like the possibilities are endless. Because the vc is basically the smokers pipe replacement. Could be cool to see focus on larger bowled VCs... Sherlock style vc pipes...

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This is going to be a long one, but is long overdue. I have some beautiful artwork to show off. Forgive the pictures, there was sunlight from a nearby window and I had a few minutes.

This first close up of a stem is by @mrb

This is the DynaVap shadow M with spinning mouthpiece by @danielj It was my first time working with him, highly highly recommended.

These are two @primitiveorganic stems. Beautiful in the daylight, they really “shine” at night!

Here is another @mrb stem, a gorgeous champagne color. So classy.

My first @primitiveorganic stem from way back when, just because.

Here is the full shot of the previous closeup @mrb stem. This thing is freaking awesome. Has 6 sides like a pencil, and a crazy air port.

Remember those two @primitiveorganic stems? This is them at night!

Here is a blue @mrb stem with a white @danielj spinning mouthpiece!

A @primitiveorganic stem I call starry night. Impossible to photograph, but when you spin it you see the painting starry night.
---------
Thanks so much dab8 for posting my mouthpieces mounted on your stems, and for your kind words.

and to the others who have commented on my MP s thank you as well

dab8 collection, along with pic others have posed of the custom stems made by the artists here...leave me in awe regarding the talent shown; way above my paygrade. Very grateful to be a newbie in the club

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
I have something on the way. Anyone else have ideas ??

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Sunday morning project.
EFC8-E74-B-7-AB5-4-D2-E-8-E7-A-58-F16725-D578.jpg

Anyone know where I could find one of these in 14mm? Think it would match perfectly!
D604-CA19-2895-4968-AD0-A-60-A61-F0-D0190.jpg

I would definitely recommend going to Ed’s TnT for a custom 14mm in the wood of your choice. Talk about matching! A master like Ed would be able to match the style of that gorgeous pipe as well as the wood. After my WS, I enquired about the possibilities for a totally custom VC stem in a species TBD. I love the “Ti cigar” that’s thrown into the WS bundle: a fully-loaded, cap included, vapcap stem that has a 14mm tapered end. Works fine & dandy, like chocolate candy! I’ve used it with j-hooks although I don’t use my VCs with water pipes, not sure why? I tend to do many things for no discernible reason, just habits.

Anyway Ed was totally up for it, enthusiastic even, and said whenever! Which was a relief for sure because with his woodscents and all the other accessories he makes, he very well could’ve said “no customs”. So I’m pretty confident that he can and would make whatever you want. And such a sweet, sincere man - it’s a pleasure to give your support!

My current favourite vapcap stem is a loooong custom carbless from @stardustsailor, it’s got the most comfortable mouthpiece. Gotta get some pics up when I’m not so lazy...

EDIT: also excited to get a lil sumpin from @Andy Capp in ‘19, he’s doing some very nice work!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor and @Andy Capp there will be a lot of heat transfer on a one piece metal stem/tip.
Might be true,but it depends on the particular design. Also i dont expect much more than how hot it gets when used without a condenser. For example a fat metal ring can act a heatblock/heatsink also thinning and thickening of the wall at various places.
I am curious to hear what the maker thinks about it as he is the trough visionary in design here:)).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

That spot where the tip connects to the body/condenser, where the o-rings are at, works as a seperation of contact between the metal tip and the rest of the metal body effectivly cutting out a significant portion of heat transferred to the metal body of the vape. One piece of steel would get too hot to use very quickly.

Anyone know where I could find one of these in 14mm? Think it would match perfectly!
D604-CA19-2895-4968-AD0-A-60-A61-F0-D0190.jpg

I believe that those used to be made by @Ed's TnT . Message Ed. I suspect he could make you one or something similar. He might even still have some.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Abysmal Vapor if you have an M remove the condenser and X rings.
Put the tip in the MP end so you keep the original length then heat the hot end of the stem as you would in normal use.
You could even put the cap on if it fits so you can heat to the clicks.
As you say there would have to be some fancy work done so less of the heat is conducted up the stem.

DirtyD

I use the mp end of the xl omni condenser as my mouthpiece on my xl treebark banded @stardustsailor stem. (This is the dd. )The omni mpMakes a great mp and the reduction of diameter of the SDS tube helps the hit since there is no condenser. I got rid of all condensers, x rings and carb holes a good while back.(The carb holes were never there, as per my specific orders). Anyway,The titanium stem AND back half of my omni condenser AND the LE7 fin ti tip all in concert makes the best, hardest hitting vap cap set up I've used so far. Also have the old school Blackwood ti woody double crown stem( orig. to be used with omni xl condenser). And a Blackwood carbless Dynavap Nonavong stem. And the old m. NONE of these stems/ combos gets used anymore. Carbless, condenser less, all titanium sds tube and omni ti mouthpiece with LE 7fin tip is indeed a sublime set up . I f I have any say so I will vap cap using this set up forever now. If you have the awesome LE 7fin you indeed have a treasure, and are half way there.:horse::mmmm::smug: Cheers ! D.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
To add to the discussion on 1 piece metal VC
1 hi temp O rings on the OD would help the handability. My woodburning pens, which get red hot at the tip, are aluminum with hi temp O rings on the outside of the shaft. My fingertips are literally 1.5" from red hot. Of course, there is very little mass at the tip to conduct the heat into the stem, but stil...
2 Use a metal that conducts temps slowly; not TI, not aluminum, silver would be bad bad. Does carbon steel conduct slower than SS? carbon does have a taste tho

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
LE7 fin ti tip all in concert makes the best, hardest hitting vap cap set up I've used so far

Interested to hear what others think regarding this. I definitely tend to agree here...

I got a newer 5-fin anodized tip the other day, and after playing with my IH, noticed the 7fin hits way harder. I can cache a bowl in 2 cycles with the IH - 3 teetering on the edge of danger. The 5fin gives way lighter hits, and I could probably squeeze 6 cycles if I wanted to.

Made some adjustments and got used to dip-n-sip with the new tip as well, but I definitely did not expect such a large difference between Ti tips (unless these anodized tips are SS and I'm just somehow mistaken)

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
So this is the hottest I could get this guy before combustion, 4th heating cycle 3 seconds after one click no cool down. The vape is warm but not hot, I went through 6 caps to get this :smug: The glass piece gets up to 150F and is still easy to handle.
Solid Ti 5mm through hole. I will make the mouthpiece longer, and yes I do know I have the cheapest digi thermometer on the planet, I already had it. No I am not a hand model. :rofl: Ha , I realized y’all meant a complete solid unit, that’ll get too hot
2dwc4g7.jpg

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have something on the way. Anyone else have ideas ??

For the “hotties” who are concerned with their simple “one piece Ti VapCap experiment”
becoming too Hawt! for them to handle :science:,

adding perhaps an extra one, or two cooling fins would help to dissipate the heat
efficiently:: 5 => 7 fins. :wave:

Nothing like a cool VapCap :evil:

—Andy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom