DrDurdle

For sixty bucks and a torch...an absolute no-brainer.

Just wait until you're a couple of grand into the dynaverse...
i am a cheap, dont see this happening at all.

was thinking about the Omnivap XL but i figured the price difference prolly wouldnt be worth it performance wise.

i must say, however, that some custim made Dynavapes look awesome

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Some of us go for broke?
Hmm, a diamond encrusted stem..... :brow:

“Drive, he sd”. Creeley said that.

I Know a Man
BY ROBERT CREELEY
As I sd to my
friend, because I am
always talking,—John, I

sd, which was not his
name, the darkness sur-
rounds us, what

can we do against
it, or else, shall we &
why not, buy a goddamn big car,

drive, he sd, for
christ’s sake, look
out where yr going.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah I thought I could be cheap and would only get the M. I've got a dark wood Nanovong XLS now too. And I'm seriously considering a induction heater and getting an XL Omni soon too but not sure if I want a wood or titanium stem yet.

You could buy the Omnivap with one body, and just buy the other body/stem by itself, and then you can just switch it between the two whenever you want.

Dynalowrider

I have tinnitus and have problems hearing the click. The "PSM" lets me feel the click on heat up.
Before retiring I was an electrician working at a manufacturer of heat sinks for computer chips. I have a couple sinks on steroids. They feel cold to the touch, cause they suck the heat out of your fingers so well.
They work great for resetting the click, so you can keep the temp up to vaping temp. Reset the click, and you are ready to heat again.
Well I said all that, to say this. I had taken a hit with my Omni Nanovong, set it on the sink. It clicked and jumped straight up 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Looked like it was trying to launch. Just about lmao.
I guess you had to be there. Doc

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I have tinnitus and have problems hearing the click. The "PSM" lets me feel the click on heat up.
Before retiring I was an electrician working at a manufacturer of heat sinks for computer chips. I have a couple sinks on steroids. They feel cold to the touch, cause they suck the heat out of your fingers so well.
They work great for resetting the click, so you can keep the temp up to vaping temp. Reset the click, and you are ready to heat again.
Well I said all that, to say this. I had taken a hit with my Omni Nanovong, set it on the sink. It clicked and jumped straight up 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Looked like it was trying to launch. Just about lmao.
I guess you had to be there. Doc
That’s hilarious. Also, heat sink is a great idea for a cap reset.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If anyone hears of current CS lacking from Dynavap, please let them know that works on a standstill due to the extreme cold weather. They will get back to great CS soon!

Do you mean DVCS is rock solid frozen? It will be in the fifties in about five days.

-6 in the Windy City. Not too shabby for a winter’s day.

Wonder if you can use a “torch” to sparkle up a VapCap in the wild?

USPS closed in Midwest for a couple of days. Unheard of, previously.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Do you mean DVCS is rock solid frozen? It will be in the fifties in about five days.

-6 in the Windy City. Not too shabby for a winter’s day.

Wonder if you can use a “torch” to sparkle up a VapCap in the wild?

USPS closed in Midwest for a couple of days. Unheard of, previously.
This global warming stuff is awful. DynaVap’s CS department froze, my waterline froze, my car battery doesn’t want to start... Be safe everyone!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ma, my VapCap shrank. It’s so cold.

oqvrlf.jpg

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@DrDurdle yup that is my experience.

Some people do several mouth pull/cigarette Style draws per heating cycle... I do one long one of about 10-15 seconds with full airflow through the carb.

I get three cycles per bowl (half bowl actually) and two of those heat cycles will give me massive clouds, the other a bit wispy..

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
i am new to Dynavaping, but i only get like 1 huge cloud of each heating cycle (3 in total). and the abv looks pretty crispy. it still hits like a truk, but is this normal?
How many hits you get from each cap depends largely on your technique.

If you heat closer to the end of the cap you will get more hits and better flavor but smaller clouds.

If you heat closer to the digger outer end of the cap you will get less hits and toasty flavor with bigger clouds.

Your draw speed and technique matter also. If you use the mouth pull technique you can sometimes get 2-3 quick smaller hits from each heat up.

If you lung pull, you might only get one larger hit per heat cycle.

Lots of variables, so it’s hard to say what is “normal”. There are people here who clear a cap in one hit, and people here who clear a cap in 8 hits, not to mention many people don’t fully pack their caps.

Find your preference and have fun!

Feel free to ask more questions.
This is a great group of people.

Welcome to DynaVap!

Alexis

i am new to Dynavaping, but i only get like 1 huge cloud of each heating cycle (3 in total). and the abv looks pretty crispy. it still hits like a truk, but is this normal?
I would say your heating technique/method is probably too aggressive. Try a reduced flame, a little further from the cap. Not too focused on the bottom of the cap either.

In my experience if I was to have an overly powerful flame with the cap really deep in the flame, it would never be possible for me to get 3 equally satisfying and sufficiently large hits.
And it would be common for 1 particular hit in the load to be harsh and less pleasant tasting and leave the load instantly very darkened, with the other two or three hits being disappointing and lacking.

Less is more in this game and by using too aggressive a heating approach you actually exhaust the actives without really extracting and using them.

For me the most efficient way to use the vapcap involves getting 3 or 4 very even but decent sized milked out hits which are still pleasant, smooth and tasty.

When you can dial in your heating technique to get this consistent extraction in three or four and sometimes even five heating Cycles but with satisfying milky hits each time, you will be getting the most out of your vapcap.

All IMO of course.

Top Bottom