-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I sandwich a degummed hemp fiber filter between two CCDs to filter out tiny particulates and smooth out the vapor. When my hits start tasting a bit off, I clean my Vapcap and replace the filter. Taste is the indicator to clean.
If I do the degummed hemp fiber “twisted and then coiled” method , is it hard to fit it between two screens and still have the whole assembly fit into watever groove is cut into the m?

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If I do the degummed hemp fiber “twisted and then coiled” method , is it hard to fit it between two screens and still have the whole assembly fit into watever groove is cut into the m?

The Ti-Tips have 3 groove positions for the screen. At three different sized bowl settings. Squiby's de-gumed hemp fibre filter is normally resting in the space between 2 screens in 2 separate grooves.
I can't see how you would ever get two screens and the hemp filter into the single groove on the M. But you could potentially stuff some hemp down the neck of the tip, between the screen and the condenser, to get a similar result?

ZC

Okay this was a game-changer for me. Discovered the actual bowl part of the 14mm TI Underdog stem is just friction fit and removeable, and the vapcap tip fits perfectly in the cavity. No condenser or carb but this gives really rich thick clounds in water.

I'm over the moon, this is pretty much what I've been wanting dynavap to make for ages and I've had it all this time without knowing.

Skunkport

Well, depends how you want it - for biggest bowl, you can leave one screen where it is, stick the hemp in, another screen up against it held with a circlip. To shorten it, stick the other circlip behind the 2nd screen, you're basically making a little hemp sandwich with the 2 screens, then sandwich that between the clips. Then go make a sandwich because I'm hungry now.

I'm a bit stoned, let me clarify. You were right for the M mod. But I was saying to use that M mod to shorten the chamber instead to do the hemp thing. Or to do it as well.

Squiby

I'm sure you've been quoted already. But thanks for the lol. Over 1300 pages here of people buying vapcaps JUST cos they're pretty?

Our beloved Vapcap ain't just another pretty face...:rockon:

Mind you, the LEGO like modularity is as much of a draw as its pretty bodies and sculpted tips. Who doesn't like playing with LEGOs? The bonus is that it also happens to be a top notch performer with awesome efficiency.

If I do the degummed hemp fiber “twisted and then coiled” method , is it hard to fit it between two screens and still have the whole assembly fit into whatever groove is cut into the m? ..... So use one of those (c-clips) on each side of the screen?

Using the sandwich method for the M tip, seat one screen in the bottom of the bowl. Follow that with the filter with another screen on top. Then secure it all in place with a c-clip.

With a ti tip, seat the first screen in the bottom groove. Place the filter on top of it and seat the second screen into the middle groove.

If you can position the screens so that they are not tightly sandwiched together and the filter is not compressed, the draw is largely unaffected. The filter makes a huge difference and allows me to vape without experiencing harshness or lung irritation.

little maggie

I'm going to be dependent on my vapcaps for the next 6 weeks. I know there are lists of lighters somewhere. I think I've tried most of them and regardless of price, they seem to break down quickly. I'm not going to bring them nor butane. So can someone point me to some kind of sturdy, cheap prefilled lighters that I would use and just throw away. Or recycle if that can be done?

Squiby

I'm going to be dependent on my vapcaps for the next 6 weeks......So can someone point me to some kind of sturdy, cheap prefilled lighters that I would use and just throw away. Or recycle if that can be done?

Well, you could just use a Bic, but you'll burn your fingers holding down the trigger.

Better yet, use a candle. Put a tealight in a holder that is just high enough for your Vapcap to sit on its ledge at the perfect height. When you want a toke, rest your loaded Vapcap on the edge of the tealight holder and roll the cap over the flame. Easy and relaxing, you will hear a click at around 30 seconds. I love this approach when relaxing in the tub.

My favorite lighter is the single jet Aomai. Small tank, fuel window and a flint ingition. There is no trigger to hold down, just push the button up to release butane, roll your thumb over the the flint wheel (exactly like a bic), and pass the flame over your cap. In about 15 seconds you'll hear a click. I've had mine for well over a year with no issues. I use Colibri butane. This lighter is just slightly larger than a Vapcap. It's a great small lighter for out and about or to fit into a small storage box with your Vapcap.

https://www.amazon.ca/Colibri-Butan...31019910&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Colrobi+butane

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cigarette-C...027847?hash=item25bfe1ac07:g:LRsAAOSwq61anRdQ

My favorite quad lighter is the Honest brand desk lighter. It's heavy and sits securely. It's around 2" x 2" . The lid flips up when you depress the ignition trigger. The lid is the perfect height to rest the Vapcap while heating to the click which you'll hear in about 4 seconds or so. The tank is huge. The lighter is reliable. I've also had this lighter for over a year with no issues. I like this lighter so much that I gifted one to a friend for their Vapcap.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/283004934247?vectorid=229529&lgeo=1&item=283004934247&rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F706-53473-19255-0%2F1%3Fff3%3D2%26toolid%3D10044%26campid%3D5338330261%26customid%3D4c76fa12-eb12-44c9-9f50-c09b3c172e36%26lgeo%3D1%26vectorid%3D229529%26item%3D283004934247%26srcrot%3D706-53473-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1590953136609%26rvr_ts%3D77f3bedd1640a16d9572ee8dfffbb74d&ul_noapp=true

If butane or flames are an issue, look into getting an induction heater. @Pipes has a few models. I have the Skelator which is now discontinued. If I were to buy another, I'd go for the Mini PS. The induction heater heats your Vapcap when you insert the tip into a glass lined coil. No twisting or twirling, no flame. I heat my VC a scant 4 seconds past the click. All in all heating to toking temps are reached in 6 - 7 seconds. I have my induction heater by my bedside. It's my evening alternative to a flame.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...top-and-in-car-use.23211/page-93#post-1277507

Dynavap will be launching their own induction heater sometime this year. The prototypes look like a travel mug.

Lots of options to heat a Vapcap. These are just the methods I enjoy.

Last edited:

Skunkport

I don't know how well it will work with the vapcap, but an alcohol lamp is actually recommended for the Vaponic. Otherwise, cheap jet lighters off ebay/amazon or your local discount shop. Honest, Hong Jing, Jobon, probably other suggestions of brands on here.

analytika

User Review: Lotus Citadel Flat Flame Torch purchased from Dynavap.com

siJ4IZH.jpg
Looked for the Lotus Citadel on the DynaVap site during the July 4th sale, but they were out of stock. (Maybe no longer carried).

Picked up one for about $75 on a July 4th promotion on LighterUSA.com!

First impression, fantastic. May post a future review (emphasis on use with DynaVap) if there's any interest.

Last edited:

little maggie

I've tried most of the lighters but the induction heater sounds really interesting. I won't have a chance to order one but I'll pack some tealights and see how they work.

(The citadel flat flame lighter on Amazon got 1 not so great and 1 good review. I have a black thumb or whatever's comparable with lighters so for $88 dollars it might be wonderful but too risky for me.)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
one guy on reddit saying it doesn't work, turns out he's heating it right at the cap with a normal bic lighter.
Probably trying to heat the way depicted in Dynavap`s pictures.:)

I am taking the bad ass Jeep.
OK 4wd once you spend more money modifying it than you did buying it new, there is a reason you don`t see many crossing the Simpson desert and never in an Australian mine.

I didn’t buy it cause it looks cool
Me neither, it actually looks like something a proctologist would use, I would not call it cool to look at (the titanium anodizing changes that a bit.)

I think it all tastes awful
Have you tried many different strains, grown different ways?

I can't see how you would ever get two screens and the hemp filter into the single groove on the M
It fits, I used a ti screen followed by wound hemp then a s/s screen clicked into place in my M, no circlip needed, just push the s/s screen home with the butt of a S&B cleaning brush or similar.

So can someone point me to some kind of sturdy, cheap prefilled lighters that I would use and just throw away
Lighter replacement for home, get this,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dental-Lab-SJK-Wax-Heater-Infrared-Electronic-Sensor-Carving-Equipment-130W-NEW/222815109775?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l64.jpg

Only about US$50, probably cheaper on Amazon, It has a Tassie Devil Approval Rating from me.
But if you have to have a lighter, I have had a good run from these;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Windpro...tte-Cigar-Lighter/122050059220?ssPageName=STR
s-l64.jpg

Or these;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50pcs-C...244458?hash=item41a53f032a:g:3U8AAOSwQYZWzled
s-l64.jpg

They even look refillable, but way less than a buck each, who cares?
I still have 30 odd electric ignition soft flame lighters left from when I used to smoke, buying in bulk is a good way to be covered.

Last edited:

Megaton

I bought one of those disposable jet lighters off ebay while i was waiting for a bunch of lighters from fasttech, they do the job but over heat very quickly, so you would indeed need more than one to get through a bowl.

little maggie

They have the exact dental wax heater on Amazon in the US for almost $60. Main complaint is that it doesn't get hot enough but maybe for heating the dynavap it isn't supposed to get too hot? I still don't understand how it works but it's interesting.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I still don't understand how it works but it's interesting.
I don`t either, electrickery:tup:
It definitely gets a vapcap hot enough, I almost combusted with it at Ricardo`s request. It is easier to get repeatable results with it than a lighter imo. It takes about 9 seconds on a cold load to get to the first click and another second and a bit for the second click, when I heat with the 3 flame I usually only hear one click as the second clicks nearly at the same time as the first.
I got mine for AU$60 from the one I listed, I would highly recommend it, save the gas and twirling for on the go.

Ricardo

There are so many variables involved in vaping with the vapcap - and a lot of us have 2 or 3 (or 20) that we rotate. The caps themselves are idiosyncratic too, and the heating/cooling times of Ti and Steel are all slightly different. Then there's the lighters. 1,2 3 4 flames. Our super-intuitive stoner brains learn that with one unit and one strain and one lighter at a certain distance we get great results. I love using a couple of my lighters - that's why the vapcap was invented after all, BUT lighters keep crapping out. Or you refill one and suddenly the flame is 2 inches high, or you're on the second heating cycle and you run out of gas. If I had a fantastic, reliable lighter which always performed in exactly the same way I would be delighted. I know there's a thread about this....is there a head and shoulders clear winner? Anyway, in order to remove this frustrating variable, it is with regret that I think I'm going to stop battling with butane and order the Chinese wax-cutting knife IH :mental:

hopla

i wonder if you can get different types of heating with the chinese dental IH?
With my single torch i like going through the successive steps of
1- airy and very tasty terpenes with very little cloud
2- less tasty, more full-bodied taste and lot of vapour
3- very rich, sometimes already popcorn-like and good amount of vapour

i noticed that when i heat the cap at the bottom for a strongest hit it seems to get more vapour going 1-2 seconds after the clic heating towards the top of the cap (where i heat for my first "airy" session), maybe that redistributes the heat or am i just imagining that? :science:

The chinese IH would be perfect for a session with a lot of friends bringing their Dynavap, no burning torch passing around, just a queue waiting their turn for that "glorious hole" :evil:

hopla

Hackerman used a glass setup on that thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-chinese-sjk-induction-heater-and-the-vapcap.29630/

I pulled out a new tip and cap and inserted it into my DDave original waterwand and... OMG!!! this thing is so perfect. The long glass wand allows me to insert the tip all the way into the cup and this puppy double clicks in about 4 seconds. And,a supper toasty hit. And, way more hits than I get out of a torch. Not sure why on that.

4 seconds for a double click, that's very interesting!

But who has a LOT of friends with VC??? :hmm:
I don't despair, they'll come up someday :lol:
More seriously, girls really do like Dynavap once they get it (more effective than puppies)

Last edited by a moderator:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm going to stop battling with butane and order the Chinese wax-cutting knife IH :mental:
A no brainer for the price. I am sure you will love it. If you want a bomb proof lighter get this;
https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Gold-Tuxedo-Butane-Lighter/dp/B000VJTG7I/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-
417I1OGWBlL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

71Bbs3GCoHS._AC_UL480_SR321,480_.jpg

Lifetime fix or replace free Zippo warranty.
Edit; only silver left, get it now if you want as zippo have stopped making them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E5FM3U/ref=psdc_10342354011_t2_B000VJTG7I

i wonder if you can get different types of heating with the chinese dental IH?
I tried heating until just the first click with the Chinese IH and it is more like a single flame, really tasty but not the largest clouds. I kept doing this (1 click only) and have found flovourville again.:p Second heat cycle more vapor and more flavour! 4th was getting a bit eh with flavour but still plenty of vapor. (and no coughing) I think I might leave the second click alone for a while.....back to testing.:tup:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hmmhh...that are just the Zippo covers. All depends on the inserts only.
But you know that there is a special thread for VC lighters?
Hogni, for once you are incorrect, this is called the zippo Blu, you cannot pull the inside out. It has a single jet flame that is fired with a flint wheel, I owned a gold one a couple years ago, I got rid of it because I thought it was too powerful for my spliff habbit. I wish I had kept it.:disgust:

hopla

I tried heating until just the first click with the Chinese IH and it is more like a single flame, really tasty but not the largest clouds. I kept doing this (1 click only) and have found flovourville again.:p Second heat cycle more vapor and more flavour! 4th was getting a bit eh with flavour but still plenty of vapor. (and no coughing) I think I might leave the second click alone for a while.....back to testing.:tup:

That's nice!
thanks for the feedback, this IH could be a very good alternative in case the Dynavape IH ended up being too expensive (if it's under 80$ the portable factor would be decisive for me, if above 90$ i'll probably go with the chinese one)

Top Bottom