almost there

Thinking about getting the vong. I can't see the part you put on you mouth in the pics .I plan on use dry can anyone comment on using a vong dry or post a pic .

Also what is the point of the spinning mouthpiece? I wasn't going to get one as I don't really like the look if it doesn't add any functionality. Thanks .
I like using vong stems without the mouthpiece. The nonavong is extremely light and with all the geometric faces spinning is a breeze. The mouthpiece works as a great anchor to be held in place squeezing it between your middle finger or ring finger and palm. Once held in place you can spin the vapcap without it moving around but not everyone has needs this aid. I love the look and purpose of the mouthpieces but that’s strictly subjective.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
2oaIjdr_d.jpg
zidc8

Check...check, Mic check! Success! Enjoy, I tried to channel my inner- @stark1 with a few of the tchotchkes in my little studio. You say, "Is it art studio or playroom?" I say, this is nothing!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thinking about getting the vong. I can't see the part you put on you mouth in the pics .I plan on use dry can anyone comment on using a vong dry or post a pic .

Also what is the point of the spinning mouthpiece? I wasn't going to get one as I don't really like the look if it doesn't add any functionality. Thanks .
So, as it happens I like the feel of a mouthpiece (metal or wood) AND the feel of plain stem. These are my regular rotation of VCs and I enjoy them all. I am coming to prefer XL length VCs, with the only actual spinning MP on the XL Vong. With that I tend to cradle the MP in some folded flesh on my hand and spin the rest of the Vong, and it works great easily keeping the tip in the flame.
The XL Ti Omni, also I think due to it's length, is also easy to spin in a torch but as an Omni its MP does not spin freely.
Also if you have glass pieces with short female joints or where the water comes up the joint a bit while hitting or at it's conclusion, you may prefer a Vong stem with no MP. I do hit directly my Vong like that, but honestly I normally use it in glass. Most of my VC use at home is through glass.
oqzenuH.jpg

And, btw, live long and prosper...

trfe

Any of you guys ever clean your vapcaps by soaking them in iso in the green/purple storage tubes?

Not sure if the iso could degrade the plastic.

szai

Just occured to me to wonder- could i use the same lemon/ mineral oil i use to condition my guitar fretboards to maintain any wooden stems i may acquire to go with my ordered Ti tip and Xls condensor?
Yeah probably. I like the stuff @phattpiggie incl.uded It's like ghee or something in consistency! I prefer it to the dynawax I have from 4/22 17

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been trying really hard to resist the M18 plus a tip deal, but I am weakening. The relatively longer offer time is requiring me to say "no" to myself many more times than a flash sale and I'm not that good at that.
Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "Hide the Credit Card" to see what our hero actually did/does...

Top Bottom