beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I think they look cheap. Sry, thats my opinion.
A curved glass with 14mm.
Ok, thats a hook but no one seems to produce something aesthetically pleasing.
Something with weight and that is nice to look at.

@Mr.Sifter as in all things aesthetic beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and purely subjective. And your opinion is as valid for you as mine is for me, so no need to apologize. If the J Hook doesn't suit you maybe there's some other glass pieces that would suit your eye and perform the function of cooling the vapor with or without water.

@SloJimFizz that piece is stunning.

Have a great day.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
mmh, no quality, good looking J hooks around ?

Nivver say no , lad. My world is possibility.
I like my cheap underdog Sherlock.

6YCaMkl.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I've been trying my hand at doing some longer stuff for the sake of doing something different. I worked out a way to do integral condensers, which I'm liking a lot. It lets me do some thinner, and longer shapes.
kvYrNlG.jpg

PS: Interesting story, I was cleaning up my shop and I found a purple dynavap tube under a few inches of sawdust. I popped it open and BAM! a brand new 4th Gen tip that I had completely forgotten about. I have no recollection of having this extra tip but it was a welcome surprise, like finding buried treasure!

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Nivver say no , lad. My world is possibility.
I like my cheap underdog Sherlock.

6YCaMkl.jpg
Me too!:tup:
That IS very nice. And I like the stand too...

I personally have a simple one available many places.

https://grav.com/products/14mm-grav-j-handle-clear
I have that Grav one too. :cool:
I pondered that JoDa one while it was available, but could not justify the hurt that would happen when I dropped it.
These are surprisingly all intact still.:sherlock:

Since @Winegums just posted, perfect timing for a shot of his little maple body in a Tag J-hook.
That new one is beautiful @Winegums

8RaeEpl.jpg

almost there

anybody else have some half complete vapcaps to share? These last few weeks are like a dream come true, George and team are releasing beautiful wood pieces at prices that are too good to pass up. I thought after the holidays my collection is complete for the next few months but Dynavap had other plans. Anyway here are some outfits I've acquired after the new year, I only have 2 ti tips so these will be rotated in during cleanings.

Last edited:

almost there

that light wood body with ebony (?) MP looks dope.

anyway, just wanted to state that Dynavap is a god-sent company when you are a (ex) hopperlabs customer.
Never have a seen a nicer and customer orientated company.

Email support, flash sales, dynafeeds... this FC community

WOW
Ha, you do remember when I warned u about the hopper don't u?:nod:

that's lightwood and wenge I believe, George gifted it to me when my mp broke last year:D

Last edited:

beyond6strings

anyway, just wanted to state that Dynavap is a god-sent company when you are a (ex) hopperlabs customer.

WOW

@Mr.Sifter I totally agree with you. I just wish I could invest more money in Dynavap materials-they deserve all the good things coming to them. Great designs, great product, and great customer support. That is a rare thing regardless of the product.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

WOW
They really do stand out, and that is why they have such a loyal following. Having great vapes is most important, of course, but being a great company, that is where the difference here is so obvious.
Not that there are no other great companies, there are of course, but Dynavap holds a special place in my mind, and I imagine in the minds of many.

thatoneguy445

anybody else have some half complete vapcaps to share? These last few weeks are like a dream come true, George and team are releasing beautiful wood pieces at prices that are too good to pass up. I thought after the holidays my collection is complete for the next few months but Dynavap had other plans. Anyway here are some outfits I've acquired after the new year, I only have 2 ti tips so these will be rotated in during cleanings.

Too funny. I also have a couple of unfinished VapCaps from the past few weeks of sales.

If my hunch is right, I’d bet if we tune in tomorrow to the live stream we’ll be able to complete our VCs, hoping for a tip and/or cap sale to have some fully functioning VCs! I’d imagine that is DVs plan all along, to slowly but surely give us sales on each component?

Either way, I’m going to have way more VapCaps than I know what to do with! Might have some lucky friends in my future.

Squiby

@Squiby, do you have a running count?

I have no clue. That's like asking a kid how many LEGOs he has.

There are probably around a dozen complete Vapcaps. Then there are the Ms for a friend still waiting to be given away, there are about 4 of them left. They will likely find their forever homes this summer.

Then there are the incomplete bits and bobs. Extra stems and bodies, condensers, mouthpieces and caps that come into the rotation on cleaning day when interesting combinations come together to be enjoyed and admired.

How many Vapcaps do you need? The most I've used at one time were 3. I don't like to share a Vapcap for a session. I let my company pick one out to use for themselves and I instruct them through it. So, how many do you need? Everyone's situation will vary, but it seems like my absolute household minimum is about three. Four if you have an M to have ready to give away. I'm traveling to the other extreme end of the country to visit relatives in a month or so. I'll be gifting a few Ti tipped Woodies while I'm there. So my stash will be reduced a bit.

But you are NOT alone
Thankfully, I'm not alone in my affliction. I hope I'm not alone. :luv:

beyond6strings

@Squiby You are not alone in your affliction. I got my first Vapcap in December, and now have 2+, and have already given away an M. I have the makings for another in my shopping cart, and have ideas for a couple of others I'd like to put together. It's fun to Lego-Ize.

It would appear it's the same as with guitars; the right number of Vapcaps to own is always at least one more than you currently have. And given how generous you, and so many others on this thread are, you can't have to many as they make the best gifts.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How many Vapcaps do you need? The most I've used at one time were 3. I don't like to share a Vapcap for a session. I let my company pick one out to use for themselves and I instruct them through it.
I have tended to hand off one between 2 people, but recently i have come to the conclusion that it is better for each user to have their own for a given session. It's just easier and helps avoid "conflict". ;)
It would appear it's the same as with guitars; the right number of Vapcaps to own is always at least one more than you currently have.
I like that. :nod:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
okok,
i did not want to make this a contest.
we are cooler than that.

but I have to admit it just feels good to have more than one.
One for indoors and one for outdoors.

Hide one everywhere, then you can have an Easter egg hunt in your spare time, Mr.S.

ra7rYCb.jpg

Oh, BTW, if you are into purty pictures, there is a dedicated J-hook thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-j-hook-thread.11215/

An example of a cheep China glass, but nice

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-smoking-pipes-creative-j-hookas/239446715.html

Squiby

you can't have too many as they make the best gifts.
For all the occasions in my life for which I've given gifts, it's the Vapcaps that have given me the most joy. I wrap a bit of pretty tissue paper around the Vapcap, pop it into its doobtube and put the doobtube into a little draw pouch or an eyeglass case along with a little baggy from my garden and a lighter. Easy to wrap. Easy to give. Always appreciated. Ready to use. No batteries required.

Now, I never give a Vapcap away to a smoker. That's just wasteful. But to those serious about vaping or who have experienced a Vapcap, I think that they are the most practical and appreciated gifts I've ever given. And they sure beat socks or a scented (toxic) candle.

Top Bottom