• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

WeedChimp

After getting one of these and upgrading to Solo, I would say save your money. Everything about this is dubious, the materials, the warranty, the company. Get a proper vape that you can stick with for more than a month.

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
I've come up with a fairly easy fix for the poorly-welded screen on my Dragon Lite. Wasn't sure where to post it as it isn't really model-specific, but applies to all MFLB-style vapes. I decided to post it in DIY and link back from here. Hope it helps somebody!

...the biggest problem with most knock-offs is inadequate and/or uneven heating, which is primarily caused by poor bonding (welding) of the screen to the rods which support and deliver current to it.

Post is here: Fix loose or poorly welded screen on MFLB knock-offs

MrNaturalAZ,

MrNaturalAZ

Neat idea but I wouldn't want to inhale or bring that compound up to vaping temps.

Well, I couldn't detect anything off. That's not to say there aren't odorless & tasteless nasties being released, but the basic glue, AFAIK, is totally non-toxic, and of course the carbon isn't likely to evaporate either. Also, with this style vape, the screen heats up down in the trench, but along the rods always seems to stay cool - cool enough to touch, even immediately after vaping.

Best to just superglue the lid shut and keep it as 'vaping history' :)

LOL, yeah, that's probably the best solution :nod:. Anyway, I rarely use the DragonLite anymore - my Ascent is my daily driver. Still is handy though when I just want a little bit of a different strain when I've just filled my Ascent with something else. Eventually I'll get a genuine MFLB for that purpose and retire the DL.

MrNaturalAZ

Having sufficiently tarnished my reputation by not only repairing one of these things, but also sharing about it here on FC, perhaps I can partially redeem myself by announcing that I have since acquired a genuine Magic-Flight Launch Box. The difference in quality between the two devices is striking. Not to mention the questionable ethics of, ahem, one of the manufacturers, and the obvious love that goes into the MFLB. I must admit I get warm fuzzies just fondling it. Even the slightly smaller size is more comfortable in the hand, less bulky in the pocket, and stealthier to use. Not to mention much more, um, Natural :brow:

2j2t0mu.jpg

Of course the question remains of what to do with the retired DL? I suppose I could keep it as a backup, but then again I also have my Ascent, and in a real emergency I could even break out the ol' Proto-Pipe. I could not, in good conscience, sell this to anybody, but perhaps I could gift it to a smoker in an effort to convert them? Then again, it might give them a bad first impression of vaping, LOL.

EveryDayAmnesiac

The difference in quality between the two devices is striking. Not to mention the questionable ethics of, ahem, one of the manufacturers, and the obvious love that goes into the MFLB. I must admit I get warm fuzzies just fondling it. Even the slightly smaller size is more comfortable in the hand, less bulky in the pocket, and stealthier to use. Not to mention much more, um, Natural :brow:

Yeah, but the MFLB does NOT have a big purple dragon on it, so it loses points there.

Just throw that fucking piece of shit Dragon in the trash and be done with it.

Tactful as always. :lol:

MrNaturalAZ

Yeah, but the MFLB does NOT have a big purple dragon on it, so it loses points there.

LOL! Actually the little purple dragon puffy stickers fell off the first week I had it. Crazy glued 'em back on, but they came off again. I might keep the carboard box it came in, tho, for the big purple dragon on the lid.:D

Parting shot...
le78l.jpg

Plastic junk goes into the trash. The metal pieces, rubber bits, grain-of-wheat lamp, and super-fine screen might be useful for something someday, so I'll keep them. And that little wood cup? I dunno, just looks neat; I'll find something cool to do with it.

9kqv07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

danbfree

Well, I just joined as I have finally decided to buy a vaporizer and went with the Dragon Lite.. want to know why? It is only $20 with free shipping from Rakuten! So I get that it's a cheap POS but for $20 it's the perfect way for me to try vaping... I do have good e-cig batteries available so if anyone knows a non-combustion tank/chamber device that goes with e-cig batteries I'd love to hear about them... Also, I know there are tons of different one available, but I am also interested in hearing about the best Titan/G Pen style vaporizers for the money. Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to learning more from you guys!

danbfree,

hoptimum

Well, I just joined as I have finally decided to buy a vaporizer and went with the Dragon Lite.. want to know why? It is only $20 with free shipping from Rakuten! So I get that it's a cheap POS but for $20 it's the perfect way for me to try vaping... I do have good e-cig batteries available so if anyone knows a non-combustion tank/chamber device that goes with e-cig batteries I'd love to hear about them... Also, I know there are tons of different one available, but I am also interested in hearing about the best Titan/G Pen style vaporizers for the money. Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to learning more from you guys!

By buying the Dragon Lite you've already demonstrated you don't value the opinions of the people on this forum, so I'm not sure what more there is to say.

hoptimum,

lwien

By buying the Dragon Lite you've already demonstrated you don't value the opinions of the people on this forum, so I'm not sure what more there is to say.

It was his first post, hop. I don't think he saw anyones opinions here before he bought it.

lwien,

danbfree

Well, I never asked if anyone thought it a prime piece, I'm simply making the plunge into non-combustion and this is a start for $20... + $15 for a decent battery set w/charger... If I like the results of basic non-combustion I'm leaning towards a Flowermaster V5.0.

lwien

I know it's a cheap vape, danbfree and that's the reason you bought it, but for others that may be reading this thread, there is also the health concern with using a vape that is made with inferior materials that "could" be toxic.

lwien,

mixchu69

Well, I never asked if anyone thought it a prime piece, I'm simply making the plunge into non-combustion and this is a start for $20... + $15 for a decent battery set w/charger... If I like the results of basic non-combustion I'm leaning towards a Flowermaster V5.0.
People are really helpful on this site. Buy the arizer solo for your first piece. Even though you don't like vaping, easy to resell (but I bet you keep it). Funny thing is that I just bought it too. It goes for about 160. I have many expensive vapes, but whenever portables are mentioned, the solo and the pax are the two most mentioned. I like my pax too, but requires some more maintenance. Solo is easy to clean.

A lot of vaporizers have steep learning curves i.e. Firefly, mflb, hercules, but solo can't be any easier.

mixchu69,

hoptimum

I didnt mean to be rude, but as others have said, a really crappy vape like the Dragon Lite might actually put you off vaping, and none of us wants that. We'd all like to see you enjoy yourself using a good vaporizer and come back to contribute to the conversation.

danbfree

I didnt mean to be rude, but as others have said, a really crappy vape like the Dragon Lite might actually put you off vaping, and none of us wants that. We'd all like to see you enjoy yourself using a good vaporizer and come back to contribute to the conversation.

That makes sense and I will heed your advice and stay away from it. I'm getting deep into the Flowermate V5.0 thread and the new S model with adjustable temps looks like a good beginner unit... Anyway, I'll un-sub from this thread now, and I hope to catch you guys and other threads for better stuff.

Lokbok

Agreed with the quote below. Even though I sold my Solo, I think its a great first piece for someone who has never vaped. The MFLB is cheaper in price and seems like the overall setup is great for newbies, I'd say there is a slight learning curve to maximizing your experience compared to the Solo. The Solo is much more straight-forward (act like you're drinking a milk shake). I personally prefer the MFLB over the Solo, but this is only after I've really gotten all the techniques down with the MFLB (I feel I have much more direct and immediate control).

If you end up liking the Solo, I'd recommend looking into a log vape next like the E-Nano, which I felt performed overall better (also costs more though).

People are really helpful on this site. Buy the arizer solo for your first piece. Even though you don't like vaping, easy to resell (but I bet you keep it). Funny thing is that I just bought it too. It goes for about 160. I have many expensive vapes, but whenever portables are mentioned, the solo and the pax are the two most mentioned. I like my pax too, but requires some more maintenance. Solo is easy to clean.

A lot of vaporizers have steep learning curves i.e. Firefly, mflb, hercules, but solo can't be any easier.

Lokbok,

MrNaturalAZ

I started my vaping career with a cheap box-and-whip vape. It got the job done, but was tedious to use, took too long to warm up. and was neither portable nor stealthy. I learned about the MFLB, but was put off by the steep (in my naive opinion at the time) price, so I picked up a Dragon Lite because it was cheap and seemed to be essentially just a cheaper version of the MFLB.

While it isn't the same thing, and far from the same quality, it was similar enough in design and principle of operation that it did serve as proof-of-concept for me of both the potential capability of that style of vaporizer, and, more importantly, of its efficiency.

That last part - efficiency - is what really sold me on vaping in general and the MFLB in particular. While at first blush, $120 seems like a lot of money when compared to, say, a cheap pipe or rolling papers, once you take into account the efficiency savings, it's a drop in the bucket. I'm not kidding when I say that using a vaporizer, especially an efficient one like the MFLB, will easily cut your weed bill in half - and quite possibly down to 1/3 or even 1/4 of your usual consumption. Even an occasional user will quickly realize savings that more than pay for the vaporizer. Think of how much you spend in a month or year on weed; now imagine being able to cut that in half (or better) - forever. Not to mention the health benefits of vaping compared to smoking.

So, while a decent vape costs more than sofa-change, it pays for itself quickly. If money is really tight, just take a t-break and use what you would've spent on herb to buy a decent vaporizer. The break might also help with the transition from smoking to vaping.

Anyway, I've long since gotten rid of my Dragon-Lite, and I now own an Ascent and a (genuine) MFLB and couldn't be happier. I save lots of money in the long run, not to mention I'm no longer abusing my lungs with combustion by-products -- instead I'm just filling them with good healthy medicine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom