• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Dragon Lite Portable

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Lite...ultDomain_0&hash=item27c09ad3e4#ht_1352wt_932

http://www.dragonlitevaporizers.com/

So this looks like someone ripped of the mflb. I love my mflb and wouldn't even consider this, but that's me.
Anyone tried one?
How was it?

If this has already been posted I apologize in advance.

mod note: Someone from this company made an account and posted in the MFLB thread attacking the LB and pumping up this knockoff. He has been banned and his posts deleted. Please take this into account if you are considering this blatant ripoff.

storybookhero,
This was in the little-known vaporizers thread, but any vaporizer even a knockoff deserves a thread.

charliedontsurf,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Just looked at the website...looks kinda slick (the website) but there's nothing really there, no real information. Same on the ebay listing, no mention of materials at all. Hope someone gets one off ebay for cheap and reviews.

J.R.R.Tokin',
"Exotic woods" with what appears to be a plasticish face on it? Weird.

Awesome avatar Tokin, the Rankin and Bass Hobbit was a childhood favorite.

charliedontsurf,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
This one looks pretty good. Hope it's healthy too (and working). I'm wondering how the acrylic cover is attached to the box, because that metal thingy is missing on pictures. Also I dont see any air intake there. Also they are recommending to put the battery in negative end first.

Seek,

High Sigh

SG addict
The battery goes in the "case" negative end first, then the case is inserted into the unit, I believe. Makes me wonder how big it actually is...

High Sigh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Perhaps a mod can move the posts about this one in the 'little known vapes' thread to this thread?

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Looks cool despite the obvious knock off, but maybe there were actual improvements made other than the great look?

The warranty is more convenient than Magic Flight's, but I would never say a bad word about the Magic Flight warranty either, they have been great.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I noticed a few more sellers with only this item in their ebay store appeared. At least two of them have a little more feedback than the seller linked in the OP, all positive it seems, in case anyone here is interested in ordering one. They are all from the USA but you'll have to look 'm up yourself, I don't feel like advertising for them. Prices are all the same as far as I've noticed.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Prices are quite attractive. Might be a nice vape to gift to good friends to get their collection going and get them off combustion?

MFLB is quite safe, if this is a SAFE clone...I'd welcome it but still encourage others to support the original. If this is positively reviewed maybe I would get one for the car or something, but my walnut MFLB is still the O.G. real deal haha :D

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
darkrom,
darkrom said:
Imagreenwitya said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Lite...195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c0ab11ab

Here is a top pic of it.

I picked one up and will report how it go's

Post some vids/pics if you can please. Being a new member and a new vape it will come off as questionable I am afraid. Too many shills. A video/pic will at least allow us to make our own opinions. My biggest question is about what materials are used.

Understandable, Ive been on rollitiup for awhile under the same user name.

I will post vids and pics when it shows.

Imagreenwitya,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Imagreenwitya said:
darkrom said:
Imagreenwitya said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Lite...195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c0ab11ab

Here is a top pic of it.

I picked one up and will report how it go's

Post some vids/pics if you can please. Being a new member and a new vape it will come off as questionable I am afraid. Too many shills. A video/pic will at least allow us to make our own opinions. My biggest question is about what materials are used.

Understandable, Ive been on rollitiup for awhile under the same user name.

I will post vids and pics when it shows.

Cool thanks man! I hate to be so negative, but its better to assume the worst (shill) and be pleasantly surprised than it is to assume something is good and be disappointed. If they plan on keeping this price AND have a solid product they stand a chance at being a good entry level vape. This IS a MFLB as far as I can tell, but to cut the price in half and then some...might just get more people into the vaping scene.

darkrom,

abo27495

I emailed the owner and he seems to be legit.

"I want you to know we use pc plastic for the outer shell, steel wires with ZN coating , SS screen, wooden bowl inside, tinted acrylic top and a SS battery cover. All parts are top quality with a lifetime warranty. We will have happy customers for years to come. I have tried to bring the best quality and best looking vaporizer to the market at the best price.I am sure you will like it. By the way I wanted it to look like a nice benz with dark tinted widows."

Mine should be coming soon and Ill post a review once I get it.

abo27495,

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
Maybe it's just me but I feel weird buying one of these just based on the fact that it's a mflb rip off. ,My mflb was 92 bucks at a local head shop. Its been the best 92 dollars I have spent in some time. If these things are not made out of bpa filled plastic and nasty chemicals great! But it's hard for me to trust someone that says they wanted it to look like a benz......:cool: and "borrowed" another wonderful companies product.:2c:

with all that said I am curios to see how well it works.

storybookhero,

darkrom

Great Scott!
storybookhero said:
Maybe it's just me but I feel weird buying one of these just based on the fact that it's a mflb rip off. ,My mflb was 92 bucks at a local head shop. Its been the best 92 dollars I have spent in some time. If these things are not made out of bpa filled plastic and nasty chemicals great! But it's hard for me to trust someone that says they wanted it to look like a benz......:cool: and "borrowed" another wonderful companies product.:2c:

The MFLB ripoff is valid, but the fact that he wants it to look like a benz has nothing to do with the quality of the vape. My first thought was that it does in fact look like a MFLB ripoff, but I personally think it LOOKS better. That being said lets wait for some reviews to trickle in.

darkrom,

abo27495

If it works like its supposed to, this could get alot of people into vaping. There isnt really much in the sub $100 price-range right now let alone under $50 and those kids that would otherwise be buying their first bowl could get a sick piece thats way stealthier for the same price. So far their only on ebay but I really see them being sold in headshops in the future and even convenience stores because their cheap enough. Im in college right now and if sold here, these things would own! It is interesting that they dont come with batteries, which doesnt bother me cause I would have bought new batteries anyway.

I know its been discussed 1000 times but what does the increase in ma power in the battery do for the mflb? The dragon-lite owner suggests using a 2000 ma nimh battery and Im wondering if a higher powered battery is bad because it may lead to combustion or could be bad for the unit.

abo27495,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
abo27495 said:
I know its been discussed 1000 times but what does the increase in ma power in the battery do for the mflb? The dragon-lite owner suggests using a 2000 ma nimh battery and Im wondering if a higher powered battery is bad because it may lead to combustion or could be bad for the unit.

I don't know anything about the Dragon Lite and its battery consumption, but it's not mA it's mAh, or milliAmp-hours, which is a measure of capacity not power. The difference between a 2000 mAh battery and a 2400 mAh battery is simply how long it will last.

pakalolo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
pakalolo said:
abo27495 said:

I don't know anything about the Dragon Lite and its battery consumption, but it's not mA it's mAh, or milliAmp-hours, which is a measure of capacity not power. The difference between a 2000 mAh battery and a 2400 mAh battery is simply how long it will last.

Why do 2000mAh batteries barely get my launch box heated properly when 2450s or 2700s definitely seem hotter? I believe you 100% I am just curious what is going on.

darkrom,

Ghostcula

darkrom said:
storybookhero said:

The MFLB ripoff is valid, but the fact that he wants it to look like a benz has nothing to do with the quality of the vape. My first thought was that it does in fact look like a MFLB ripoff, but I personally think it LOOKS better. That being said lets wait for some reviews to trickle in.

I agree with it looking better than the magic flight aesthetics wise, but I still wonder if the innards hold up against those in the MFLB.

Ghostcula,
You guys are crazy, it looks like gaudy garbage compared to the classic wood-grain elegance of the MFLB... It literally looks like they asked a 7 year old boy what he wanted the aesthetics to be... "Black and purple.. WITH A DRAGON!"

abo27495

charliedontsurf said:
You guys are crazy, it looks like gaudy garbage compared to the classic wood-grain elegance of the MFLB... It literally looks like they asked a 7 year old boy what he wanted the aesthetics to be... "Black and purple.. WITH A DRAGON!"
haha to each his own

Just got another email from the owner. He said that the reason he doesnt include batteries is because theres no way he could compete with the prices from wal-mart etc.

He also said this ... "even though the price is cheaper [than the mflb]. I have designed this for the best qualityand look on the market. We just want customers to get the healthiest product
at a affordable price. Other company's mostly care about their own profits. We try
to keep it more balanced for our customers."

Mine is coming early next week so itll probably be 2 weeks before I can give a real review.

abo27495,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't know why, but I feel some bad kharma with this thing.... Caveat Emptor.

:2c:

Stu,
Top Bottom