Do we need more forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I liked that idea about letting you mod your own thread to an extent.
While it's not possible to the extent that Progress mentioned, that is the idea. I think it should be up to the thread starter to look after their own thread... To start they should choose a good title, explain what the thread is about, and, any reasonable rules for posting in it.

I'm assuming, vtac, you meant things completely separate from vaping. A gaming forum would be great, what about a music forum?
Yeah that was the idea. A little too ambitious for now perhaps. :) Beck sounds good... Whiskeyclone it is.

vtac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Creator(V) - You're right, Progress, we're going to have to make a conscious effort to help keep the good information easy to find. The great thing is we have so many smart people on board who want to help this place succeed.
Thank you. Although I hope there is always room for progress in anything (prevents stagnation and dilapidation), I also recognize it is not just to judge the behavior of others with more scrutiny than you judge your own. I, for instance, admit guilt in many ways. I, like many others have reported, used this site and many others to research topics of interested from an individual consumer perspective without giving anything back (even when I knew an answer or saw someone being mislead--we'll assume unintentionally, of course). I tend to ramble and have no time to edit so:

Abridged version of above comment: TY...I agree :tup:
YDKM - Maybe if the Vapor Lounge was just name 'The Lounge' people wouldn't think its for vapor talk only
I think that the title change you suggested could definitely help (as long as the majority does not object to including a section for non-vapor-related postings--I don't see why they would)
Creator(V) - I still like the idea of a forum for newbies to ask for help in but I'm still on the fence. On the one hand, it would be a good service to help spread the vapor, as well as keep those threads out of the more serious discussion forums. However it would almost definitely attract a lot of those "give me answers, i'm not willing to read anything" threads, and I'm not entirely convinced it's necessary quite yet.
I like the idea too, and think I share your concern. I know that I would first, and foremost, point newbies to threads (which will hopefully continue to be more rather than less accessible) and kindly explain posting norms & reasons, plea for respect, etc.. Then maybe request more particular questions (if necessary) or respond with questions about what they are looking for (making them do equal work plus pay, in effort, for free assistance ;) ) *see post #3 of http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=461 for an example.

Edit: OK, a final comment. Once the FC founder and mods are comfortable with how the forum is structured (and the future trajectory/direction of the forum), maybe FC could work towards establishing communication with vape makers/distributors by appointing a member who is willing to initiate/maintain communication with them and (if possible) gain permission to act act a representative of them on FC (possibly a mod OR someone who has a good track record for posting appropriately--and hopefully even owns their product/ordered from them before as well). This person could monitor the official company/distributor's thread and collect/relay questions to an individual who may be too busy to answer everyone's questions one-at-a-time (I know...the last comment right? One at a time--I tend to get ahead of myself).

Toke it easy (and toke it F.C!) :brow:

Progress,

extremechick

vtac said:
I liked that idea about letting you mod your own thread to an extent.
While it's not possible to the extent that Progress mentioned, that is the idea. I think it should be up to the thread starter to look after their own thread... To start they should choose a good title, explain what the thread is about, and, any reasonable rules for posting in it.

I'm assuming, vtac, you meant things completely separate from vaping. A gaming forum would be great, what about a music forum?
Yeah that was the idea. A little too ambitious for now perhaps. :) Beck sounds good... Whiskeyclone it is.
Ahh, another Beck-head. The name of that site always reminds me of Ryan Adams...hey, some RA Easy Tiger may be good for my next vape session :cool:

extremechick,

ILoveRadiohead!

Listening to Sea Change myself, Beck is great vaping music. I think a music/films/games forum would be a good addition at some point.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, too many off topic forums diluted the overall information content of a forum, fc is awesome because were straight to the point without all the extra crap

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Agreed. Marijuana.com or other stoner forums is a better venue for that kind of stuff.

Hehe, so who were 'the other 2'? :uhoh:

SpiralArchitect,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom