DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey @DDave , iv never needed to use your clamps, as I have heat proof fingers...

But I do use them for 2 things, , ,

1. Holding pieces while cleaning under very hot running water, even my fingers can't endure the sustained heat...

2... this...
2Hwxyym.jpg

Always needed a good place for the eq stir tool... this works for me and is always to hand now....

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Sorry to frustrate you with my constant work in progress.:science: My EQ setup is pretty modular, plus I refashion broken pieces, Like turning my stock EQ elbows into 18mm plugs for example. I do try to list what pieces that I purchase with images and sources and what I think of them. Here is some picks of the all-star glass below. I even gave some of them nicknames for you. :haw: (@Nugg, you can canonize my duel perc and give it a name if you like.) So, allow me to paint you a picture of my Daily Driver of the week there.

Latest setup. The Duel bladed lightsaber. My 19mm Large thick adapter AKA 'Tubby'(below) has a wand on each end. An 18mm wand (From the early DDave Kit below. AKA 'Extra Width') My downstem wand AKA the d-wand ('D-wand ' works great as a stay hot wand :tup:. My Daily driver ). All that goes in my Short F/F(below) 'Shortie'

I have another F/F, my other 'Shortie' that I attached to a broken EQ that I sanded down. Forgot about that EQ's 18mm and generic 18mm are different in shape.:doh:
Well, They fused together and became the perfect whip hose adapter. :nod: So that is attached to 2 feet of hose which is attached to my bubbler (below). I broke the top off the per a week after I had it. So the hose, the fused adapter AKA 'FUSE' and the perc are one.

Notice the output of perc drops down. So i have 6 inches of hose attached to my 14mm wand (below;) in the @DDave kit.) And a small round glass hookah tip that I'm fond of. The hole and draw from it is nice. :peace:
$_1.JPG
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
Hey @DDave and @Nugg, some time ago back I broke part of the top off of my 18mm kit wand (above) and has some silicone tube and my 19mm (above with ruler) secured over the top of it. Then It occurred to me. My thick tube might insulate the kit wand while covering and protecting it. Well I'll at least try it a couple times. :science: It's covering more than 1/2 now, then two wide strips of silicone tubing covering the exposed glass that is not part of the adapter.:peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey @DDave and @Nugg, some time ago back I broke part of the top off of my 18mm kit wand (above) and has some silicone tube and my 19mm (above with ruler) secured over the top of it. Then It occurred to me. My thick tube might insulate the kit wand while covering and protecting it. Well I'll at least try it a couple times. :science: It's covering more than 1/2 now, then two wide strips of silicone tubing covering the exposed glass that is not part of the adapter.:peace:
@CuckFumbustion

You saying use the antiflex collar of the kit as a wand cover? Pics?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
wow, i ordered my kit on xmas eve. was delivered the day after xmas. wow

ive run a couple of loads. so far so good. i am going to run higher temperatures in the next few loads.

see where the new sweet spot is.

nice kit, dave Thanks

Glad you're liking the kit! Thanks for the feedback on the shipping too. USPS has earned my respect and repeat business!

Step those temps carefully and watch your ABV color. It is absolutely possible to reach combustion when modded.

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion

You saying use the antiflex collar of the kit as a wand cover? Pics?
Sorry to confuse. It's about the 18mm wand in the kit. I just came up with something new for mine, which I broke part of the top off in a bad fall. Since broken glass gets re-purposed here. I came up with a solution.:science:

To oversimplify, the 19mm straight tube adapter that I bought off of ebay, can fit over your wand. Hand in glove. :nod: I have 2, 1 inch silicone strips near the bottom of the wand for heat insulation and to secure the 19mm. The 19mm is now covering the top half off the wand. Making it insulated from the strips and the 19mm, or in theory anyway. Only the adapter end of the wand is exposed. Which goes into my F/F short.

I broke part of the top off of the 18mm wand earlier, so it was at least a good work around for that problem. The adapter end does get hot from all this attention. Which helps with heating up that cap that much quicker. SUCCESS!, I modded my wand.:tup:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Sorry to confuse. It's about the 18mm wand in the kit. I just came up with something new for mine, which I broke part of the top off in a bad fall. Since broken glass gets re-purposed here. I came up with a solution.:science:

To oversimplify, the 19mm straight tube adapter that I bought off of ebay, can fit over your wand. Hand in glove. :nod: I have 2, 1 inch silicone strips near the bottom of the wand for heat insulation and to secure the 19mm. The 19mm is now covering the top half off the wand. Making it insulated from the strips and the 19mm, or in theory anyway. Only the adapter end of the wand is exposed. Which goes into my F/F short.

I broke part of the top off of the 18mm wand earlier, so it was at least a good work around for that problem. The adapter end does get hot from all this attention. Which helps with heating up that cap that much quicker. SUCCESS!, I modded my wand.:tup:
My friend, I think I got it now! and... ,

Might I advise some Lab Mods?

Floor Mod:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...izer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/page-9#post-878872

Table Mod and quite a conversation piece:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/artes...mam=90813082&zmas=1&zmac=8&zmap=436861&a=1087

Regarding the table mod, can you imaging vaping with a buddy or buddies and coming out with this speech when everyone was blazed? "You know this mat is handcrafted of 100% rattan, called the Artesia serving collection, and is woven in a pattern known as hapao. Originating in a remote village in northern Luzon, the largest island in the Philippines, hapao is a traditional pattern used for bags and baskets. Over time, the colors used and shapes formed changed, though always emphasizing the durability and natural beauty of this amazing fiber. Each piece in the Artesia collection is finished in beautiful honey brown, calling out the texture and intricacy of the weave..."

I think you could cause elevation in the level of medication simply by repeating the above!!! :rockon:

Just playin, but the rug is cool if you are in a MMJ friendly location or vaping in a "man cave"...

CuckFumbustion

The "spoiler" rug would bring anybody's vape room together. I actually got rid of some woven mats similar to the Crate and Barrel conversation piece. :doh: There is a used place in my area that has a lot of cool kitchen and bath stuff. Actually bought some things for my EQ there! I'll buy a mat I like and weave my own C&B story.

I include myself in this statement. But don't most of us have some sort of tile underneath our EQ? Isn't that uncanny? Is it a thing? Is it an FC EQ thing?

Still trying to determine how much more the 18mm wand is more insulated with the 19mm over it with silicone tubing. Did the normal speed heat technique. Definitely warmer near the F/F end. :nod: So the cap screens get hot like rivets after a sesh. The outside of the 19mm is warmer towards the bottom.
So imagine a wand that has a wide throat to begin with, but insulated with a thick glass outside wall. My water piece has less drag and the fan in the EQ can make the perc bubble on it's own on Fan 2. Best of all these things coming together. :sherlock: I might mod my wand again and have the 19mm cover 3/4 of it at some point. Maybe have the bottom of the 19mm and the top of the F/F meet?

Avogadro

p v = n R t
GOT A BRAND NEW
ARIZER EXTREME Q
YESTERDAY!

Let me start at the beginning,
and explain a bit..

Bought an Arizer Extreme Q in mid-November, 2015.
It was a 2015 model on clearance sale.
Been struggling with it since it arrived...

Huffing and Puffing,
Stirring and Repacking,
Grinding the Flower Fine,
Grinding the Flower Coarse,
Loading Nugs Without Grinding,
Using Way Too Much Flower,
Running the AEQ at 235C!

Too much work.
Completely unsatisfying.
Was certain it was a dud,
or maybe a well disguised knockoff.

Then, I learned about the DDave Mod Kit,
right here on FC.com.

Ordered the DDave Mod Kit on Christmas morning (12/25) on eBay,
and it arrived (more than 2000 miles away) on the next Monday (12/28).

Was easy to set up, and it works perfectly right out of the box.

Now running the AEQ at 215C,
and vaping very nice tasty clouds.

Flower Consumption is down by 33%.

Like I said:
GOT A BRAND NEW
ARIZER EXTREME Q
YESTERDAY!

If you don't have a DDave Mod Kit for your Arizer Extreme Q,
you probably don't have a user friendly and efficient device...

THANX, @DDave!!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
GOT A BRAND NEW
ARIZER EXTREME Q
YESTERDAY!

Let me start at the beginning,
and explain a bit..

Bought an Arizer Extreme Q in mid-November, 2015.
It was a 2015 model on clearance sale.
Been struggling with it since it arrived...

Huffing and Puffing,
Stirring and Repacking,
Grinding the Flower Fine,
Grinding the Flower Coarse,
Loading Nugs Without Grinding,
Using Way Too Much Flower,
Running the AEQ at 235C!

Too much work.
Completely unsatisfying.
Was certain it was a dud,
or maybe a well disguised knockoff.

Then, I learned about the DDave Mod Kit,
right here on FC.com.

Ordered the DDave Mod Kit on Christmas morning (12/25) on eBay,
and it arrived (more than 2000 miles away) on the next Monday (12/28).

Was easy to set up, and it works perfectly right out of the box.

and vaping very nice tasty clouds.

Flower Consumption is down by 33%.

Like I said:
GOT A BRAND NEW
ARIZER EXTREME Q
YESTERDAY!

If you don't have a DDave Mod Kit for your Arizer Extreme Q,
you probably don't have a user friendly and efficient device...

THANX, @DDave!!
@Avogadro

Thanks for the feedback! And very pleased that you received the same results from the kit as I've seen... Easier use, better extractions, less consumption of the herb!

Also that you got "A Brand New and Well Tuned" EQ Yesterday as well! ;) Very nicely put! :rockon:

kellya86

Herb gardener...

Nice to see your eq has been reborn...

I get clouds too, but I start at 185 and finish at 210, if I'm inside the adapter...

Wand pack=200...

@Stevenski when I first got my kit, @DDave knocked me out from the other side of the world....

Not intentionally I'm sure, but he was getting me to try different set ups consecutively, and I'd only been vaping a few weeks. I didn't last long...

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So I received my DDave super premium kit in the post yesterday :D. The package was smaller than I thought it would be but it had all I needed to get me going. After unpacking & checking the contents I was impressed with DDave's tetris abilities to fit so much well packed product inside such a tiny box. I was disappointed to find the tip of the 14/18mm short adapter had a small crack in it :mad: (should not affect performance however) but then realized my math was wrong & I had two 18mm F/F shorties & lets be frank the 18mm shorty is what it is all about with this kit :nod: :2c:.

After washing the parts & setting it all up I can safely say the following on the initial set up

• The center screens are a bitch to get in the adapters & seem almost a mm to big. Good thing they rarely will need replacing & better to be a fraction bigger than smaller.
  • In particular the 14mm was a challenge but I found a good solution is to insert the 14mm W/T adapter reversed & that will guide the screen to slip into the channel that will hold it.
  • Be careful when fitting the 18mm baskets as they are very tight. I creased one of mine but found using the EQ stir stick (that I use for tamping baskets anyway) helps keep their shape when initially inserting the basket.
  • It is a one time deal as once the basket is fitted it will slip in & this is simply down to micron tolerances in glass thickness & basket size.
  • The parts appear well made & of good quality A+

Of course I proceeded to get down to business with the 18mm F/F shorty. Bear in mind I had a pretty good setup before this kit arrived but after a solid heat sinking at 230c we were ready to roll. I loaded a basket with .2 & ripped it through my bubbler in two good rips leaving it completely spent.

Now it was time to break out the biggest bong I own & the weather forecast was fucking cloudy but bring your sunnies cause no one wants to see those red eyes :cool:. I did a couple of .1 single hit extractions & was starting to feel pretty damm good :tup:. It is pretty cool watching the vapour stream up the tube, fill your bong & then taper off into nothing so you clear it.

I did a .14 single hit COMPLETE EXTRACTION & that is the first genuine vape cough I have had in quite some time. I will often cough to clear my throat after vaping but this was a classic "too much of a good thing" cough. One thing is for sure :rip: old FakeDave 18mm F/F as it will take a series of cataclysmic events to resurrect you buddy.

After way too many 18mm baskets through the shorty I decided to try the 14mm tall on 210c on the whip. I was pretty wrecked by this stage but I think this will be a flavour monster at low temps 180-195c to sip at (could this replace the Air at home?). Well the first 1.7g had been put through the new improved EQ & it was all pretty positive.

I decided on a low temp session this morning with the 18mm tall on 190c with the .3 I had ground from yesterday. It was nice & I am feeling pretty "airy" as I type this long winded review. However it was wasted thorough water due to the flavour being largely stripped. What was thee tells me very very good things about the 18mm tall.

In summary on each piece of the DDave Deluxe kit bearing in mind I use between 1-2g a day so would consider myself a heavy user.

• 18mm short: A fucking beast & will be my go to weapon of hi temp mass destruction. Seriously this thing is a conversion tool pure & simple.
  • 18mm long: Will be my whip warrior & may be just what I need to go back to using my EQ without water. Light & airy just like the high ;).
  • 14mm short: Have not tried yet & is simply too small for my needs right now. However with a low tolerance I can see this will do what the 18mm cannon does just make a slightly smaller hole in your head but it is all relative.
  • 14mm long: Very nice but I definitely prefer the 18mm for capacity sake as it only holds around .1-.15. Again perfect for a low tolerance single party vaper.

One area that is annoying is the fact that there is only one roasting tube per size supplied. I only realized this when I vaped that .3 & recognized the need to be able to change whips out easily as I prefer a shorter whip for water & a longer one for direct draw.

There are several beer/brewery suppliers in my city so I will investigate getting the correct sizes of silicone tubing to experiment. Right now I am thinking about using the EQ whip mouthpiece as a joiner & cutting the top of the reinforcing silicone & inner piece flush, having the mouthpiece acting as a male joint. Then I can slip on either my bong whip or my direct draw whip very easily. I am a little annoyed I gave away a spare EQ mouthpiece when I made a mini whip for my friend to use with the FM.

Of course not everyone wants two but it may be an idea for the future DDave to offer the SSV/DBV as an optional extra? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-D...022187?hash=item1c5e68f96b:g:k38AAOSwIwhWSl9i Then again I did not know I wanted a spare until I found out I wanted a spare. In short if you are getting a kit & want to easily switch between whip & water then you need spare tubes or a quick change coupling :science:.

The reason my kit was delayed was because DDave kindly sourced me a carbed 18mm adapter. For the EQ task it does not have the ability to allow enough airflow to clear a piece as you are still pulling 50/50 with the vape. However it works very well with my Air & bubbler so all is not lost (if you plan on getting any more made up DDave I suggest a hole the size of the 14mm adapter diameter). For this task I will get an 18mm claisen & whilst the vendor does not sell plugs I have a bunch of spare 18mm bowls that are unused & could easily be plugged up for service :brow:.

Overall I can only recommend the DDave kit & any criticisms I have of it are my opinion. Will it make me keep my EQ forever? Probably not but it makes a great vape legendary & I am not in a hurry to "upgrade" as I only used my Air yesterday to check out the carbed adapter. This review has taken me 90 minutes to type & for shits & giggles I bumped the temp on my .3 bowl from 190-198c after not touching the vape for at least 45 minutes. I still got a wispy hit through water with a spent bowl!

27YU8Cwl.jpg

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So I received my DDave super premium kit in the post yesterday :D. The package was smaller than I thought it would be but it had all I needed to get me going. After unpacking & checking the contents I was impressed with DDave's tetris abilities to fit so much well packed product inside such a tiny box. I was disappointed to find the tip of the 14/18mm short adapter had a small crack in it :mad: (should not affect performance however) but then realized my math was wrong & I had two 18mm F/F shorties & lets be frank the 18mm shorty is what it is all about with this kit :nod: :2c:.

After washing the parts & setting it all up I can safely say the following on the initial set up

• The center screens are a bitch to get in the adapters & seem almost a mm to big. Good thing they rarely will need replacing & better to be a fraction bigger than smaller.
  • In particular the 14mm was a challenge but I found a good solution is to insert the 14mm W/T adapter reversed & that will guide the screen to slip into the channel that will hold it.
  • Be careful when fitting the 18mm baskets as they are very tight. I creased one of mine but found using the EQ stir stick (that I use for tamping baskets anyway) helps keep their shape when initially inserting the basket.
  • It is a one time deal as once the basket is fitted it will slip in & this is simply down to micron tolerances in glass thickness & basket size.
  • The parts appear well made & of good quality A+

Of course I proceeded to get down to business with the 18mm F/F shorty. Bear in mind I had a pretty good setup before this kit arrived but after a solid heat sinking at 230c we were ready to roll. I loaded a basket with .2 & ripped it through my bubbler in two good rips leaving it completely spent.

Now it was time to break out the biggest bong I own & the weather forecast was fucking cloudy but bring your sunnies cause no one wants to see those red eyes :cool:. I did a couple of .1 single hit extractions & was starting to feel pretty damm good :tup:. It is pretty cool watching the vapour stream up the tube, fill your bong & then taper off into nothing so you clear it.

I did a .14 single hit COMPLETE EXTRACTION & that is the first genuine vape cough I have had in quite some time. I will often cough to clear my throat after vaping but this was a classic "too much of a good thing" cough. One thing is for sure :rip: old FakeDave 18mm F/F as it will take a series of cataclysmic events to resurrect you buddy.

After way too many 18mm baskets through the shorty I decided to try the 14mm tall on 210c on the whip. I was pretty wrecked by this stage but I think this will be a flavour monster at low temps 180-195c to sip at (could this replace the Air at home?). Well the first 1.7g had been put through the new improved EQ & it was all pretty positive.

I decided on a low temp session this morning with the 18mm tall on 190c with the .3 I had ground from yesterday. It was nice & I am feeling pretty "airy" as I type this long winded review. However it was wasted thorough water due to the flavour being largely stripped. What was thee tells me very very good things about the 18mm tall.

In summary on each piece of the DDave Deluxe kit bearing in mind I use between 1-2g a day so would consider myself a heavy user.

• 18mm short: A fucking beast & will be my go to weapon of hi temp mass destruction. Seriously this thing is a conversion tool pure & simple.
  • 18mm long: Will be my whip warrior & may be just what I need to go back to using my EQ without water. Light & airy just like the high ;).
  • 14mm short: Have not tried yet & is simply too small for my needs right now. However with a low tolerance I can see this will do what the 18mm cannon does just make a slightly smaller hole in your head but it is all relative.
  • 14mm long: Very nice but I definitely prefer the 18mm for capacity sake as it only holds around .1-.15. Again perfect for a low tolerance single party vaper.

One area that is annoying is the fact that there is only one roasting tube per size supplied. I only realized this when I vaped that .3 & recognized the need to be able to change whips out easily as I prefer a shorter whip for water & a longer one for direct draw.

There are several beer/brewery suppliers in my city so I will investigate getting the correct sizes of silicone tubing to experiment. Right now I am thinking about using the EQ whip mouthpiece as a joiner & cutting the top of the reinforcing silicone & inner piece flush, having the mouthpiece acting as a male joint. Then I can slip on either my bong whip or my direct draw whip very easily. I am a little annoyed I gave away a spare EQ mouthpiece when I made a mini whip for my friend to use with the FM.

Of course not everyone wants two but it may be an idea for the future DDave to offer the SSV/DBV as an optional extra? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-D...022187?hash=item1c5e68f96b:g:k38AAOSwIwhWSl9i Then again I did not know I wanted a spare until I found out I wanted a spare. In short if you are getting a kit & want to easily switch between whip & water then you need spare tubes or a quick change coupling :science:.

The reason my kit was delayed was because DDave kindly sourced me a carbed 18mm adapter. For the EQ task it does not have the ability to allow enough airflow to clear a piece as you are still pulling 50/50 with the vape. However it works very well with my Air & bubbler so all is not lost (if you plan on getting any more made up DDave I suggest a hole the size of the 14mm adapter diameter). For this task I will get an 18mm claisen & whilst the vendor does not sell plugs I have a bunch of spare 18mm bowls that are unused & could easily be plugged up for service :brow:.

Overall I can only recommend the DDave kit & any criticisms I have of it are my opinion. Will it make me keep my EQ forever? Probably not but it makes a great vape legendary & I am not in a hurry to "upgrade" as I only used my Air yesterday to check out the carbed adapter. This review has taken me 90 minutes to type & for shits & giggles I bumped the temp on my .3 bowl from 190-198c after not touching the vape for at least 45 minutes. I still got a wispy hit through water with a spent bowl!

27YU8Cwl.jpg
@Stevenski

Wow! That was in intense read! Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback and glad to see you like the kit!

The 'Tetris' comment had me laughing! Your kit was by far the most challenging I had ever packed!

I could probably pack the extra pieces in a kit as you described, minus that carbed adapter. Honestly, that one had me a bit worried, which is why I had it wrapped so it was bomb proof. That kind of wrapping eats up my tetris workspace within the box!

Enjoy and may the kit serve you well! :rockon:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Awesome review @Stevenski!

The mid whip coupling sounds like a great idea.

The shape I was in last night made anything but loading a basket redundant, a task that could be put off until tomorrow (today). I did find a sketch on the couch this morning so I must have had the idea last night when I had upset my EQuilibrium as I had bit of trouble walking after 10.00pm. I think it will work though

svkpEonl.jpg
[/IMG]
svkpEonl.jpg

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I will add the quick change system works brilliantly & I mean fucking brilliantly :science:. Looks the same as my mock up above so if you have a spare EQ mouthpiece try it out! I will add that I do need to get more tubing as I will require a longer whip in the 3-4 feet range for a comfortable vaping experience.

I have also done some more vaping through the 18mm tall with whip. Even on 199c it does a great job & is perfect for a bit of temp/flavour stepping if you are into that kind of shenanigans.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg

Since then I cleaned the 18mm wand and placed two silicone tube strips over the smooth part of the 18mm wand. And the 19mm fits over all that securely glove over hand. The adapter end of the 18mm wand being exposed to fit inside my F/F. The inside connection of the 19mm glass tube facing up. To attach my !8mm M/M to. Then the perc setup.

The lip part of the 19mm touches the hot lip of my F/F and conducts the heat from that. The 18mm adapter end gets quite hot from the insulation from above the EQ's heater. The wand survived one unintended drop test. But it is so easy to clutch and switch out caps with my setup.
So no worries there.

The top of the 18mm meets the bottom of the 19mm's adapter end. So a simple 18mm M/M connects to the hose going to my duel perc. My duel perc has the top broken off, so I fed the whip hose through the center of the perc and attached an 18mm F/F redesigned for the whip hose and now they are all in one. A duel perc with 2 feet of whip hose and an 18mm F/F attached to the hose.

I can't believe how well they fit together in this arrangement. Plus if I want to clear the perc of vapor. I squeeze on the 18 M/M near the top of the connection, the Perc's F/F pushes up and breaks it's connection, but still rests partially on top of the wand. When the perc is all clear of vapor?. Let go of the connection. The F/F slips back into place over the M/M.

I do have 4 inches of whip hose attached to the drop down on the duel perc. With the 14mm wand being as a straight whip wand. Even tied some paracord over the outside of whip wand for easier grip. Then a glass hookah tip attached to that. Had to come up with some arrangement with the dropdown on the duel perc.
So much easier to pick up, hold and set down. But yea the 19mm works well with the 18mm. :peace:

Last edited:

tomshreds

Hi!

I just got my EQ and been having lots of fun! Now I'm starting to look to get a @DDave's kit! So I've been browsing this thread and found handfuls of information. I still have a few questions though.

1) I see there's a new "mini" mod. This brings the herbs even closer to the heat right? That's the difference?

2) Which kit should I get in your opinion? From what I understand this one should be the right one http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...nd-VTower-Vaporizers-18mm-Only-/121856235945? but I heard there's a "full kit" which I presume is the mini + the one I linked together?

3) Is there still a woodblock given with the kit or is it too late?

4) Is there still a FC coupon/offer? If yes how do we use it?

Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to order my kit!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi!

I just got my EQ and been having lots of fun! Now I'm starting to look to get a @DDave's kit! So I've been browsing this thread and found handfuls of information. I still have a few questions though.

1) I see there's a new "mini" mod. This brings the herbs even closer to the heat right? That's the difference?

2) Which kit should I get in your opinion? From what I understand this one should be the right one http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...nd-VTower-Vaporizers-18mm-Only-/121856235945? but I heard there's a "full kit" which I presume is the mini + the one I linked together?

3) Is there still a woodblock given with the kit or is it too late?

4) Is there still a FC coupon/offer? If yes how do we use it?

Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to order my kit!
Hey Tommy Bergeron,

Answering in order..
1) Mini Mod allows for less herb to be used. There's also been feedback that the tall adapter in the mini mod is the most flavorful.
2) Correct in that the full kit is the Mini Mod and Regular Mod combined. Basically if ordered separately, same kit results, but at $5 more.
3) The wooden block was offered in the beginning. I have been known to make one now and then on special request... ;)
4) The kit was originally offered at $65 with a 10 FC discount. Thanks to volume, permanently dropped to $55 and offered at that price to all.

tomshreds

Hey Tommy Bergeron,

Answering in order..
1) Mini Mod allows for less herb to be used. There's also been feedback that the tall adapter in the mini mod is the most flavorful.
2) Correct in that the full kit is the Mini Mod and Regular Mod combined. Basically if ordered separately, same kit results, but at $5 more.
3) The wooden block was offered in the beginning. I have been known to make one now and then on special request... ;)
4) The kit was originally offered at $65 with a 10 FC discount. Thanks to volume, permanently dropped to $55 and offered at that price to all.

Once again thanks for your great response!

I'm thinking about ordering the mini mod only since I just have too much glass laying around here, I don't know how to store them anymore XD

If I want to hook up my water bong to it, I'll need to specify that I want a 18mm adapter right? Sorry I'm a total noob and I don't even know what's the diameter of my bong but I think 18mm is standard?

Once I'm settled I'll just order away and I'll stop asking so many questions :p Thanks again!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Once again thanks for your great response!

I'm thinking about ordering the mini mod only since I just have too much glass laying around here, I don't know how to store them anymore XD

If I want to hook up my water bong to it, I'll need to specify that I want a 18mm adapter right? Sorry I'm a total noob and I don't even know what's the diameter of my bong but I think 18mm is standard?

Once I'm settled I'll just order away and I'll stop asking so many questions :p Thanks again!
No worries.. Glad to help out and if I'm online and near a computer (or my cell), you bet I'll be answering.

The Arizer Elbow is 18mm, so if it fits in your bong, my 18mm Water tool whip adapter will as well, but will be less restrictive to airflow.

Don't worry about asking questions... :rockon:

tomshreds

Thanks to the Internet Web Archives I found my bong details page and found out it's a 14mm! https://web.archive.org/web/2014082...glass/wicked-sands-glass-clear-tiny-tube.html Glad I dug to double check!

I'll order the mini with the 14mm adapter tonight :D

About the wood block, I must have mixed old thread pages with newer ones! If you think you could find time to take a special request for one I wouldn't mind at all :D But I'll understand if you don't have time or resources to do it at the moment.

Thanks for the help and advice, I almost ordered the wrong adapter :p

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks to the Internet Web Archives I found my bong details page and found out it's a 14mm! https://web.archive.org/web/2014082...glass/wicked-sands-glass-clear-tiny-tube.html Glad I dug to double check!

I'll order the mini with the 14mm adapter tonight :D

About the wood block, I must have mixed old thread pages with newer ones! If you think you could find time to take a special request for one I wouldn't mind at all :D But I'll understand if you don't have time or resources to do it at the moment.

Thanks for the help and advice, I almost ordered the wrong adapter :p
Glad you found the right size! When you make the ebay order, can you send me a quick message about the wooden adapter holder? (Unless you use the same ID on eBay, won't know it's you. Plus the reminder would be great!)

Glad to make one! :rockon:

Top Bottom